Chapter 16

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 16:
"Shut up!" Minju voiced out with anger. She marched to Minhee and slapped her across the face. "Shut up you are making me crazy!"
She continued slapping Minhee's face. She grabbed a bandanna and wrapped it around Minhee's mouth tightly. Minhee tried to endure the pain on her right cheek. 
"You better leave my sister alone. You ing !" Jungmee exclaimed sharply. Her voice was hurting more then ever. "Please. If you want to mess with anyone then do it to me! Play fair you stupid !"
Minju chuckled evilly. "Play fair? Haven't you learned? You two don't play fair! Boys love you two! They all do! They all talk about how pretty you two are and how smart! How is that fair? You two came about two months ago and every damn boy likes you two! You two also got Jungkook's attention." Minju strolled casually to Hyoyeon. "Tell them what happened Hyoyeon."
Hyoyeon's eyes widened the moment she heard her name. "What?"
Minju slightly shoved the younger girl. "Tell them about Taejun."
Hyoyeon looked down at her shoes. "He broke up with me." She sighed deeply.
"And why was that?" Minju's voiced raised with fake concern. "Because of Jungmee." Hyoyeon sighed deeply. "He broke up with me because of Jungmee."
Minhee turned to stare at her sister. Her eyes widened as if she were asking her if it was true. Jungmee gazed into her sister's eyes. She shook her head. "No that is not true!" She continued shaking her head. "No. I don't like him. It was an accident."
"Sure it was." Minju nodded her head. She wrapped her long lean arm around Hyoyeon. "I saw everything. You guys were together behind the school corridors."
Jungmee gazed at Hyoyeon. "You actually believe her? She bullied you before! And now you believe her!"
Hyoyeon kept her gaze on the ground. She fiddled with her fingers. "I-I"
"People change. And she finally found out about the monster you two are!" Minju rolled her eyes.
"Hyoyeon!" Jungmee exclaimed with tears in her eyes.
Hyoyeon looked up and it shattered her heart to see her friends in such a mess.
Minju marched towards a small box. "Which is why." She opened the box revealing two small epilators. She handed one to Hyoyeon. And she grabbed a second one for herself.
"I wonder." She analyzed the pink epilator in her hand "How you two would look like without your long luscious beautiful hair? Would boys still like you two?" She smirked and walked over to Minhee. She the epilator.
Minhee closed her eyes. Streams of tears strolled down her eyes.
"Come on!" Minju raised her voice "On the count of three we cut off all their hair!"
Hyoyeon stood frozen looking at the epilator. She turned to Jungmee and closed her eyes the moment she made eye contact with her.
"What the hell is going on in here?" Jungkook's voice raised in anger.
Minju's eyes widened when she saw the tall boy walk in with disgust on his face. He turned to stare at Minhee. Minju let go of the epilator and it crashed to the floor, breaking into pieces.
Taehyung ran over to Hyoyeon and grabbed it from her small hand. He tossed it against the wall.
Jungkook walked over to Minhee and untied her. He took off the bandanna from .  Taehyung helped Jungmee as well. He confidently grabbed a hold of her hand and stood in front of her.
At that moment Kun and Jun walked into the small room out of breath with two teachers.
"What is going on here?" Mr. Jeong exclaimed looking around the messy room.
Minju's eyes expanded in fear. "Mr. Jeong I can explain everything." Minju casually strolled to the teachers.
"The boys told us everything. We are so disappointed in you girls." Mrs. Chou exclaimed, "I am calling your parents."
Hyoyeon looked up in fear. Tears began to stream down her cheeks ruining her eyeliner.
"Taehyung and Jungkook please Jungmee and Minhee outside." Mr. Jeong whispered.
Jungkook grabbed Minhee's hand. Minhee felt a warm tingling feeling inside her stomach.
The four of them walked down the hallway in silence. A few students stood around and stared at the girls with fear.
"What happened?" A boy whispered.
"Did they get ?" Another student asked.
The students continued mumbling and starting rumors. Minhee looked down at the glossy floor. She felt a lump in . And with each step, it expanded.
Jungmee on the other hand was blank. She wasn't thinking. All she felt was the hot tears roll down her face. And Taehyung wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
Jimin walked out of the ballroom chuckling with Taejun. He stopped his tracks in front of Minhee and Jungkook. His gaze fell on their hands. He saw Jungkook's grip become tighter. And Minhee looked spaced out.
"What the hell man?" Jimin asked.
"We shouldn't be talking about this right now." Jungkook whispered "Not now Jimin. Don't create any more problems."
Jimin was about to say something when Taejun pulled him. "Come on Jimin. There is no point in being here. We have better things to do."
Jungkook walked past the boys still holding tightly to Minhee's hand. Jimin watched as the four disappeared down the hallway. He couldn't keep his gaze from Minhee and Jungkook. He wanted to ask why she looked so hurt and in pain. He was afraid. He knew he was losing her to his best friend. He hated that he couldn't win against Jungkook. Jungkook was always going to win because he was the good one.
"Do you girls need anything?" Jungkook asked looking directly at Minhee. Minhee shook her head.
Taehyung wrapped his jacket around Jungmee's exposed shoulders. He took the seat next to her and gently wiped the dry blood from her face. Jungmee didn't speak a word.
Minhee looked up at Jungkook. She softly smiled at him. With the sleeve of his dress shirt, he wiped the streaming tears.
"Are you girls thirsty?" Jungkook asked once more. Minhee nodded her head. "I will go get water. Taehyung want to come with me?"
Taehyung turned to Jungkook. He placed the towel on Jungmee's lap.

"Sure." He stood up and followed Jungkook.
They walked back into the ballroom. They went to the back where all the snacks and food were. The tables were empty. The music lowered down. There were still a few students dancing to the low playing music. Some students were already walking out of the room.
Luckily they found a bottle of water.
"You think they will be okay sharing?" Taehyung asked raising his eyebrow.
Jungkook shrugged. "Most likely. They are sisters."
Taehyung nodded. They walked back to their designated area hoping to find the girls.
When they got closer they noticed they weren't there anymore.
"Where did they go?" Jungkook asked scratching the top of his head.
"I have no idea!" Taehyung looked around. "Let's search for them!"

The cold chilly winter air hit Minhee's open wounds. Jungmee held her sister's hand tightly. They didn't utter a word to each other. They kept everything inside them. The previous events kept replating in their minds.  Her gaze was stuck on what was in front of her. They continued strolling down the cold sidewalk until they reached the bus stop. They sat on the bench holding hands. Minhee continued crying. And Jungmee tried holding in her tears.
After a while, the city bus arrived. They stood up and walked inside the bus. They found an empty seat and took it. A few senior citizens gawked at the girls. They stared at them from the bottom to the top and whispered to one another.
Jungmee turned to her right and could see her reflection on the window. Her eyes were swollen and red. She had huge dark circles under her eyes. Her lip had a huge cut in the middle. The beautiful braid she once had disappeared in the tangle of a mess. She looked like a completely different person.
Minhee's right cheek was turning purple. Her hair was a mess as well. Her left eye was swollen. She had dry blood all over her aquamarine dress. The bottom of her dress was cut open revealing her firm thighs. She had a missing earring as well as bracelets.
The girls got off at a stop close to a small store. They marched into the store. They were greeted by a kind middle-aged couple.
Minhee felt the warmth against her skin. She felt the lump in slowly disappear. She continued walking around the store starring at the snacks on the shelves. She didn't dare touch them at all. 
"You hungry?" Jungmee walked over to her sister. Minhee nodded her head. Jungmee walked over to the counter and ordered a ramen soup.
Minhee continued strolling mindlessly around the store. Her thoughts were wrapped around the incident.
"Come on." Jungmee grabbed her sister's hand. "Let's go sit down." She took her to the small dining area inside the store. They sat in silence waiting for the hot soup. An old lady in her 60's brought the chicken soup and placed it on the wooden table.
Minhee could feel the pain creeping up her neck. She looked out the window and noticed the gentle snow falling to the pavement. Christmas music filled in the air. She looked at the clock on the wall. It read 3:06 am.
She realized something. It was four years since their mother died. It marked her anniversary.
Minhee broke down crying. She laid her head on the table and sobbed.
Jungmee just watched as her sister broke down. She couldn't recall anything, not even her mother's anniversary. She closed her eyes and suddenly the cologne engrossed her nostrils. It smelled different. It didn't smell like Seokjin's. Sh

Please log in to read the full chapter