Chapter 12

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 12:
"Please please don't tell mom and dad!" Minhee exclaimed from the top of her lungs.
Hoseok rummaged around for the first aid kit in the kitchen cabinets. "I am sorry but she has to know about this. Also dad."
Minhee sighed deeply. Her long black wet hair covered her face.
Jungmee straddled into the kitchen drying her brown hair with a towel. Hoseok could see she had more bruises than just the one on her forehead. "Has to know what?"
Hoseok continued skimming through the first aide kit looking for bandages and the ointment. "About this bullying incident. You two are not going to hide it from them. We can't let something like this happen to you two ever again!"
Jungmee nodded. "I agree Minhee. Remember what happened to us last year?" She slides into the chair next to her seat and started drying her sister's hair with the towel.
Minhee nodded. "Yeah, I remember."
At that precise moment, Yoongi stormed into the kitchen. His hands were in his pockets. He was in the search for snacks and made eye contact with Jungmee. "What the hell happened to you two?" He asked with a little concern.
He got closer to the table and saw Jungmee with a bunch of cuts and huge purple bruise on her forehead. Minhee's left eye was swollen and she had a fresh purple bruise on her right arm. The bridge of her nose was also purple.
"Some stupid girls locked them in bathroom and did stupid things," Hoseok explained with anger in his voice.
"Oh." Yoongi analyzed the girls' carefully "That ." He shrugged and walked away once he found the snacks he was looking for.
"By the way my friends are coming over!" Yoongi exclaimed from the living room.
Hoseok walked over to Minhee and placed a bandage on her arm. She winced a little in pain. He continued by rubbing ointment on her cuts and bruises. Jungmee just observed with a blank face. At the moment she couldn't process her thoughts.
The doorbell rang. Jungmee stood up from her chair "I will go get it." She ran across the living room to the door. Without any hesitation or looking through the peephole she opened the door widely.
"Hey." The voice calmly stated. She looked up only to see Seokjin standing there with a couple of bags. She felt her body tremble and become weak. He looked so warm today. The gentle snow covered the top of his head. He was wrapped in a thick navy blue coat and a black scarf. A light smile was plastered across his angelic face. His hair fell over his forehead. At the moment she felt bad. She just remembered she had no makeup on. Her hair was probably getting puffy. And she had bruises all over her face. She looked over at Seokjin. His eyes were looking down. She followed his gaze and noticed he was starring at her spongebob socks.
"Uh come in." She moved away from the door and made space for him to come in.
"Hey there Jungmee!" Namjoon marched into the house confidently. He stopped his tracks and noticed Jungmee. She closed the door tightly. "What happened?"
Seokjin turned around and stared at Jungmee. He noticed the bruises as well.
"Long story short, my sister and I got attacked by a group of girls in the bathroom. We are okay." She answered rapidly. She was about to storm out when Seokjin grabbed her by the shoulder. He handed her a bag with contents. "Here. Take this to the kitchen. I will be there in a few minutes."
Jungmee felt her heart pounding faster against her chest. Yoongi walked into the living room. He noticed the interaction between them. Jungmee glanced up to see Yoongi glaring at her. "Thank you Seokjin." She grabbed the bag and marched to the kitchen. Seokjin watched her as she disappeared into the kitchen.
Namjoon noticed the tension between Yoongi and Seokjin. "Well then lets just start the movie!" He grabbed the movie from his backpack and walked over to the T.V.
Seokjin followed him and placed the other snacks on the coffee table.
Yoongi coughed. "Seokjin I need to talk to you."
"We will talk later." Seokjin folded the plastic bags. And took a seat next to Namjoon. Yoongi groaned silently.
Hoseok was putting some ointment on Jungmee's bruises. "That hurts." She winced in pain.
"Stay still," Hoseok called out.
"Ouch no!" She moved away from his grip "It burns like hell." She touched her forehead.
Hoseok chuckled. "Fine then put this on instead." He gave her a small packet. Jungmee grabbed it and placed it against her forehead.
Minhee chuckled at the sight of her sister. She was acting like a child.
Suddenly her phone rang. She grabbed it and skimmed through her notifications.

Message:
Hey there beautiful. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. See you Monday. ;)

She rolled her eyes. Jimin again. Her phone rang once more.

Message:
Hey Minhee. It is me Jungkook. When do you want to work on the project?

She decided to reply back.
 

Message:
Hmm how about Sunday? Is the library open?

She sat back and watched he sister wrapping up her bruises. Her phone rang once more.

Message:
Yeah sounds good. Yes it is open. Is 2pm okay with you?

Minhee thought for a moment.

Message:
Yes it is perfect! See you then!

She hesitated whenever or not to put a smiley face on the message. Jungkook didn't seem like the type to put emojis anyways. She sent her message and waited for him to reply. He didn't send anything back.

"This hurts a lot!" Jungmee exclaimed. She touched her lip and whined in pain. "Stupid girls."
"I remember when I got attacked too." Seokjin leaned against the wall. Jungmee sat up and tried to act cold.
Minhee gave her a small smirk. Jungmee shook her head slightly.
Seokjin casually strolled towards Jungmee. "Lets see." He grabbed her face with his strong hand. He ran his fingers against the wounds. "Hmm just a little bit of ice, apply some ointment and some disinfection then it will all clear up."
Minhee's eyes widen. Seokjin indeed seemed like a confident guy. He barely knows Jungmee and acted as if they've known each other forever. She noticed her sister freeze up at his touch. Her cheeks became crimson red. She liked the way they looked together.
Seokjin felt something warm rise up inside him. He felt small little butterflies in his stomach.  He liked the way Jungmee made him feel. "Are you two hungry?" He moved his hand away and gazed at Minhee. He couldn't face Jungmee straight in the eyes.
"Uh kind of," Minhee stated. "We are going to make some lettuce wraps."
Jungmee nodded her head.
"I brought something I want to cook." Seokjin propped up from his seat. He walked to the kitchen stove and turned it on. "I will be treating all of us a meal." He smiled.
Jungmee walked to the kitchen and grabbed a pack of ice. She wanted to tell him something but she was afraid.
"Thank you." Minhee mouthed. "Let us help you then."
Seokjin glanced at Jungmee. "Want to help me?"
She looked up from looking at the wooden floor and nodded.
It took them a while to finish making the meal. But they really did enjoy working with Seokjin. He tried telling them jokes but they were so cheesy which caused them to laugh. From the other room Yoongi could hear the girls' chuckling as well as Seokjin. He didn't like that they were becoming close. It irritated him.
Hoseok in the other hand couldn't care less. He liked that his sisters' were trying to make friends.
Seokjin and the girl's stormed into the living room. They had plates in their hands and the warm meal.
"Mmmm" Namjoon smiled "It smells really good." He sat up from the couch.
Seokjin placed the meal in the center of the coffee table. "I made it for all of us to eat." Minhee placed the fancy china next to the meal. And Jungmee placed the smaller contents as well.
"Well I was starving!" Hoseok chuckled "You don't have to tell me twice!" He sat down on the ground.
Yoongi in the other hand glared at the boys.
"Come on Yoongi." Namjoon exclaimed as he grabbed his plate and served himself "Eat some."
"It is really good," Hoseok said with a mouthful of food.
Yoongi gazed at the girls. Minhee was about to grab her plate but then felt Yoongi's burning stare. She stood back and watched the boys. Jungmee in the other hand was slowly walking back to the kitchen. Minhee made eye contact with Yoongi. He glared at her. She knew he wanted her to leave. She slowly straddled away slowly as the other boys were engrossed in their own conversation to notice.
"I guess when can eat here right?" Minhee asked walking to her sister who was pouring the food into a big bowl.
"Lets go eat in your room's balcony." Jungmee calmly stated.
Minhee nodded her head. And grabbed some silverware. "Lets go!"
They bolted up the stairs and locked themselves in Minhee's room.
"Hey where did they go?" Namjoon asked looking around the room for the girls.
"They said they wanted to eat alone." Yoongi lied.
Seokjin raised an eyebrow up. He doesn't remember the girls saying that or anything. They were just quiet.
"Ah I wanted them to eat with us!" Namjoon whined like a smile child.
Yoongi let out a small breathe. He stood up and walked to the kitchen to get a drink. Seokjin followed from behind.
"What the hell?" Yoongi rolled his eyes "What the hell do you want?"
Seokjin stood by the small table "Why do you hate them?"
"Who?" Yoongi rummaged through the refrigerator in the look for some drinks.
"You damn know who I am talking about Yoongi! Don't act stupid!" Seokjin raised his voice. "I have my ing reasons." Yoongi grabbed the beers from the fridge. "Something a ing bastard like you wouldn't damn understand!"
Seokjin irked up like a sea storm. He bolted to Yoongi and grabbed him by the collar. "Don't you ever call me that again!"
Yoongi let out a small chuckle. "Man we are all bastards in this life."
Seokjin continued clutching Yoongi's collar.
"Why do you care so much about them?" Yoongi tilted his head. "Do you by any chance like any of them?"
Seokjin's face tenses up. "What if I do? Why do you care?"
Yoongi shook his head. "I know you do. I know you like Jungmee. I have seen the way you act around her and the things you do. I am not ing stupid. I saw when you guys were so close to each other. She has your ing sweaters. She carries it to school!" Yoongi exploded. "You two like each other!"
He pushed Seokjin away.
"Why does that matter to you anyway?" Seokjin raised his voice
"Because I don't want you guys together! I don't want them to get close to MY friends!" Yoongi made an emphasis on the 'my' "They ruined my damned life! Yes Seokjin I ing hate them! I just can't love them! I hate them so much!" Yoongi punched the wall "I wish they were ing gone!"
Seokjin takes a deep breathe. "The heart wants what it wants."
Yoongi keeps his gaze on the ground.
"And my heart want something else." Seokjin calmly stated "My heart is starting to have feelings for Jungmee."
"You can't-"
"Yes I can." Seokjin interrupted "Just like you can hate them. I can care for them. And maybe I can love her." Seokjin moved away and slowly walked off
He turned around "And I can tell her how I feel. I will do that Yoongi." He disappears to the living room.
Yoongi sits back with his back propped up against the wall. He opens the beer and takes a huge gulp of his drink.
From the kitchen stairs Minhee was watching all along. She was going downstairs to go put something away but heard some voices.
She sat back and listened to everything they said. She bolted up the stairs back to her room.
"What took you so long?" Jungmee asked looking at her sister.
"I was trying to find something." Minhee lied.
"Oh okay." Jungmee stated "Look at these dresses."
Minhee walked over to her sister. "I think they are nice!"
Jungmee nods. "Let's ask mom to take us dress shopping!"
"Sure." Minhee grabs a spoonful of her meal. The conversation between Yoongi and Seokjin continues to replay in her head.

 

Minhee never quite understood why Yoongi acted the way he did. He's not the only one who lost someone special in his life, and he's lucky his father is actually still living. She shook her head, she sincerely wanted to get to know yoongi, but all he ever did was push Jungmee and her away. "You know, who would've thought the jocks on the football team would ask us" Jungmee said laughing a bit. Minhee joined in "They have girlfriends already, dont they?" Minhee asked, Jungmee shrugged.

"How's your shoulder by the way?" Jungmee said motioning to touch it, Minhee flinched which caused Jungmee to jump back a little "Sorry, it just hurts, I wont lie" she said letting out a small chuckle. "Maybe we should go to the doctors to check it out, what if you got a fracture?" jungmee voiced out worried.

"Maybe, but we have to tell mom and dad what happened first" Minhee let out a sigh. "What about you? how are you feeling?" Minhee said gently touching her si

Please log in to read the full chapter