Chapter 8

· Wounded Hearts ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 8:
A few weeks passed by and the month of October rolled in. Everything was exactly the same every day. Yoongi kept his distance from Jungmee and Minhee. He constantly glared or bickered about them. The girls continued with their own school lives as school became very stressful. Hoseok continued being kind to the girls and engaged in activities with them. 
It was a cold Monday morning. Fresh snow had just fallen and covered the pavement outside. The snow came early this year.
" Good morning." Ms. Jung exclaimed nervously. She had her hair wrapped up in a ballet bun. She was wearing black dress pants. And a white blouse. Her shoes matched her pants as well.  She was carrying a huge cardboard cutout.
"What's that?" Minhee slowly engulfed her cereal and watched as her stepmother poured a cup of coffee into her favorite purple mug.
"I am presenting this new project for the business." She stated. She slides in the seat across Minhee. "I have been working on it for the last two months and checking how sales have been going."
Minhee nodded and continued devouring her breakfast.
"Morning." Jungmee slowly straddled towards the refrigerator looking for something to eat.
"Someone sounds cranky today?" Ms. Jung glanced over at Jungmee was cutting up some fruits and throwing them angrily into the blender.
"It's the beginning of the school week." Jungmee stated rather cold "I don't want to go today." She the blender and it filled the room with noise.
Minhee continued eating peacefully. Ms. Jung sipped on her coffee and checked her laptop for any business inquiries. 
Hoseok walked into the kitchen with a bright smile on his face. "Morning everyone!" He exclaims happily.
"Morning!" The twins and Ms. Jung say in unison. He walks over to his mother and plants a kiss on her cheek. He went up to Minhee and ruffled her hair.
"Oooo" He gazed upon the smoothie "I want some."
Jungmee chuckled at his expression. "Here" She pulled out a tall glass cup from the cabinet and filled it up for him.
"Thank you." He smiled and pinched her cheek. He slide into a seat next to Minhee and sipped on his drink quietly.
"Anyone else want some?" Jungmee turned to her sister and Ms. Jung. They both shook their heads. Jungmee filled up a cup for herself and took a seat next to Ms. Jung.
"How is school girls? Any friends?" Ms. Jung asked
"We have one friend." Jungmee answered "Her name is Hyoyeon."
"That's good." Ms. Jung stated
"It is but no one else doesn't talk to us. Most of the students keep their distance from us." Minhee stated. she sighed deeply. "It kind of ."
She remembers how last week in second hour the students were able to choose groups for the lab but nobody wanted to work with her.
"Maybe they are shy around you girls." Hoseok smiled "They find you girls too pretty. Or they are jealous of you two."
Jungmee chuckled. "Hoseok you are too funny."
Suddenly Jimin popped up in Minhee'smind. These last two weeks he has been following her around the school. He would watchher from a distance and smirk occasionally at her.
"Well I have to go. See you girls later." Ms. Jung looked at the watch on her wrist. "Shoot I am running late."
She grabbed her purse and posters. She bolted out the door rapidly.
Jungmee looked over at her sister. "Hey you okay?"
Minhee continued gazing down at her plate, wrapped in her own thoughts. She noticed Hoseok and Jungmee starring at her awkwardly after a long while.
"What?" She asked emotionless.
"Is something wrong?" Jungmee repeated once more.
"Yeah I am fine." She stated. And moves her plate away. "Lets go to school we are running late."
Yoongi walked into the kitchen, he groaned when he saw the girls eating breakfast. His hair is all over the place. He wears a casual white shirt and gray sweatpants. He strides towards the refrigerator and fills himself a cup of milk.
He watched as Jungmee and Minhee pack up their belongings. He noticed that Jungmee has a coat similar to Seokjin's. His eyes widen.
"Where did you get that?" He asked with a cold voice.
Jungmee ignored him and continued packing up her lunch.
"Jungmee where did you get that coat?" He repeated once more with a hint of irritation in his voice. 
"This?" She pointed to the coat. "I got it as a gift."
"You did?" Yoongi asked with sarcasm. "Oh." For some odd reason he has a feeling that it belongs to Seokjin. 
Jungmee nods nervously. "Come on Minhee lets go." She grabbed her book bag and tossed it over her shoulder. Minhee stared at her sister weirdly but followed from behind. "Bye Hoseok! Bye Yoongi!"
"Bye little one!" Hoseok waved back happily.
Yoongi felt a little warm inside. His sister acknowledged him as well but he continued drinking his milk. 

"Jimin oppa!" The girl wrapped her arms around his well built torso.
"Hyunjae I told you not to do that in public!" Jimin tried to remove her hands away from him.
"But oppa!" Hyunjae pouted. "I missed your hugs!"
Hyungjae was a year younger then Jimin. She went to a different school. Jimin and Hyunjae met about two months ago at some party. Ever since then the girl grew attached to Jimin. As for Jimin he only wanted to play with her. He knew she had a boyfriend as well. They didn't have any relationship at all.
Jimin ruffled her hair. "Go back to your school. I'll text you later."
The younger girls pouted.  "Fine then oppa! See you later." She pecked his lips. And walked off to catch the bus.
Once she disappeared inside the bus, Jimin wiped his lips with the sleeve of his uniform. He continued strolling by himself until he reached the school gates.
He noticed in the distance a small petite body. He knew it belonged go Minhee. He was angry at her for rejecting him. He never wanted go be rejected. He continued following her until she got to her locker. He watched as she struggled to open it. He kept his distance but he could clearly see her. His eyes scanned every inch of her body.

"Yo man starring at Minhee?" A boy name Taejun approached. He was also known to be a heart breaker.
"Shut up man." Jimin shook his head.
"Dude I see you starring at her every damn day. You hella fell for her huh?" Taejun wrapped his long arm around Jimin's shoulder. "I tried talking to her the other day and well it seems as if she showed no ing interest in me."
Jimin had to admit Taejun is a very handsome guy. He had very nice and well defined features. Plus he is a lot cooler with the older ladies. It might be because he looks like a college student.
Taejun kept his gaze on Minhee. Jimin could see the lust in his eyes. "What about her sister Jungmee?" Jimin hates that Taejun was checking out his girl. Maybe Taejun can get Jungmee instead.
"No" Taejun stated looking over at the cold Jungmee. "She is kind of pretty I guess. But she doesn't really act innocent like Minhee. She is really open about things. I tried talking to her too but she pushed me out of her way and told me to leave her alone."
Jimin analyzes the girls carefully. "Jungkook says I don't have a chance with her." He sighed.

"Do you want to start a relationship with her?" Taejun asked concerned. 
"No. I would never want to start a relationship not with her not with anyone." Jimin answered back "I just want to play with her."
"I would maybe start a relationship with someone like her. If she noticed me" Taejun stated "Dude want to bet something?"
"What is it?" Jimin asked engaged.
"Lets bet that she will end up falling for you." Taejun answered
"I don't get." Jimin stated confused. His eyebrow raised up in confusion. Taejun looked at the ground. "Lets see if you end up winning her heart. You have to be her first time. Once she falls in love with you then you break up with her."
"I don't get how this is a bet." Jimin uttered.
"If you end up falling for her you have to tell her the truth and your intentions." Taejun chuckled "If she finds out she will break up with you anyways. I am also adding $400 if you win, however, if you lose you have to ask out ugly Sooyoung on a date."

Jimin nodded slowly. "I get you." He turned to look at ugly Sooyoung as she marched down the hallway. There was no way he was going to ask her out, he was going to win the bet and get some money. 
"So are you in?" Taejun tilts his head to the side. He watched Jimin's face expression go from cold to playful in matter of seconds.
"Yeah. It sounds like fun to me." Jimin smirked
Taejun's lips slowly formed into a smile. "That's my boy!" He pulled Jimin into a brother hug. "I know this will be one easy task for you."
"Hell yeah." They walk together down the school hallway to get to their first period. Jungkook appears behind them. He watches as girls wave at Jimin and his playboy friend Taejun. Jungkook never liked that boy. He never liked the way he made Jimin do crazy things with girls. Always pressuring him.
Jungkook turns to Minhee. He watched as she carefully organized her locker. She placed something inside it and smiled. He couldn't understand how Jimin would do something so cruel to such a kind girl. Usually Jimin would go for those clingy and annoying girls. The girls that were covered in thick layers of makeup, wore short tight revealing clothes and complained about other females.  
"Maybe you are all alone like me." He whispered to himself still starring at the Minhee. He feels guilty and embarrassed because of all the things Jimin wants to do to her. "Maybe you are finding things all on your own, just like I have."
The first period bell rings. He notices Minhee get startled a bit as her sister walked over to her and pointed down the hall. He walks past her not evening glancing at her. "Maybe this time I won't let him hurt you. Not an amazing girl like you Minhee."

Jungmee walked Minhee to her first class "Be safe okay? meet me at the drinking fountain right after class." Jungmee said to her sister, Minhee simply nodded and smiled. As she watched Minhee walk inside, she suddenly felt the notion that she needed to protect her sister for some odd reason, she watched as her petite figure entered into the classroom and disappeared. Jungmee let out a deep sigh, as her mind wandered off to that letter she had found in Jin's pocket weeks ago.  What was going on in his mind? How was he feeling? All of these unanswered questions flooded through her thoughts. 

Suddenly a boy bumped into her. Jungmee looked up to see who it was, and a tall figured well built boy was standing

Please log in to read the full chapter