남자 친구

300 HOURS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I flutter my eyes open to a ray of sunlight beaming at my direction. The first thing that comes to sight is a beautiful face of a sleeping angel. I can feel her breathe, as her face is just a few inches from mine. This situation is so familiar for this isn’t the first time I’m waking up to her beautiful face. When she got sick and stayed the night over in my house, I woke up before she did and went back to sleep after realizing that I can’t just stare at my intern’s face and find her beautiful first thing in the morning after waking up. Truth be told, I was quite regretful I didn’t indulge the moment. I was too shocked, maybe, because I usually don’t stare at someone’s face, let alone a girl’s. But now, maybe I can let myself drink in the beauty of her face, her porcelain skin, her soft plump lips, her closed eyes, the long lashes. How is this girl suddenly the most beautiful thing under the sunlight just as how she’s the most beautiful under the moonlight? Something about how her hair falls on her face makes me want to reach out and put it behind her ear so I can see her face clearly. So I do. I reach up to her face; my fingers carefully put the strands of hair away and settle it beneath her ear. A smile creeps on my face as I feel my stomach tie in a huge knot. Aren’t I just lucky to see this first thing in the morning? Damn lucky, Oh Sehun.

“Good morning, wifey,” I whisper with a smile on my face. It’s honestly weird to call someone wifey, but I don’t know. She said she’d like it, didn’t she? It feels right calling her that. This here just feels right. This is the first morning in years that I woke up relaxed and calm. I’m not worrying about papers to sign, clients to meet or anything about work. I wish it could be like this for a long, long, period of time. Suddenly, I hear her phone vibrate from the bedside table next to her and I immediately close my eyes again. I feel her shift a bit.

“Good morning, hubby,” I hear her whisper and my heart stops for a good three seconds. I want to open my eyes and catch her…but I don’t want to make her look and feel awkward. Just pretend you didn’t hear anything, Sehun. I wonder what she would look like if I actually opened my eyes. Would she have that cute awkward look on her face? She usually does that when she’s embarrassed. I fight the urge to smile at the thought of her tomato red face. I’ll just dream about it I guess.

 

When I open my eyes, I am taken aback by Baekhyun’s face beaming a wide smile at me. I push myself back and the next thing I know I’m on the carpeted floor, “What the , hyung!” I exclaim, standing up. Baekhyun and Chanyeol hyung are laughing hysterically at me.

“He’s disappointed it’s not Haerin,” Chanyeol hyung teases.

Just when I was about to fire another curse word at them, Joonmyeon hyung went inside the room, “Oh great. You’re up. Prepare and see me at the dining hall downstairs,” He tells me and then shifts his eye at the two beagles, “You two puppies come down with me,”

“Who are you calling a puppy?!” Chanyeol hyung exclaims.

“Okay then, lemon-heads let’s go,” Joonmyeon hyung walks out before the two blondes could complain.

“Told you it was a bad idea to go blonde at the same time,” I tell them as I shake my head. They do almost everything together; if one goes brown then one will go a darker shade of brown. They eat together. They pull pranks together. Just pretty much everything, together. They’re definitely two peas in a pod, “By the way, that prank you pulled with the bellboy last night, I will get back at you,” I say threateningly.

“Oh please. You probably want to thank us for that,” Baekhyun hyung remarks, “Anyway, meet us at the dining hall like hyung said. We have a meeting so hurry up,”

“Yeah, get back at us after working hours. See you downstairs kiddo,” Chanyeol hyung ruffles my hair as if I was his kid and I’m just so annoyed I want to punch his face. But of course, I don’t. I slap his hand away and earn a laugh from the two of them as they exit my room.

I walk to the bathroom only to find a note taped on the mirror. It’s from Haerin.

Good morning, Mr. Oh! :)

 You’re expected to be on set

by 2:00 pm. Your organizer is by the center table

& I already made a list of your things to do today.

Don’t forget to eat lunch!

-Haerin

I smile at the note and proceed to prepare for the day. I take a fifteen-minute shower and once I’m done I make my way to the sink to brush my teeth. I look at my reflection and find a refreshing feeling somewhere in my own image. Okay, not in a narcissistic way though. I just feel like something’s different. Everything’s lighter and suddenly the corners of my mouth aren’t heavy and it isn’t so dreadful to smile after all. I wonder if she likes my smile. I idly think to myself, why am I feeling a little giddy?

“Oh Sehun.” I point at my reflection; contemplating on what to say, “Don’t be so excited over nothing…well, over something you don’t even know. Stop. You can’t look like an idiot. You’re the boss here,” I say with conviction. Did I just really talk to myself?

I’m nervous because I’m giddy for a reason I don’t know. Okay, maybe I know why. But why would I be giddy over a girl? That’s not manly. I throw on a proper outfit. Something that says I’m the boss, but at the same time not an uptight one. Yes, as if that’ll actually make me less uptight. Hey. I made progress. I mean I forget the please and thank you’s but I’m friendly now, aren’t I? She doesn’t look way too intimidated with me now than she used to and she gets easily comfortable around me. I just have to crack a joke or a sarcastic statement to get to her non-intern side. That’s progress, isn’t it?

I stare at the mirror again and spend the next few minutes fixing my hair. I washed it properly so I shouldn’t worry about it going everywhere. I look down on what I’m wearing. This is alright, right? It’s an outdoor shoot. I’m wearing something outdoor-ish, right?

“I hope she likes blue.” I whisper, dusting off my blue sweater and checking my black slacks one last time. I grab my coat and phone. When I checked the time, the amount of missed calls from Joonmyeon hyung startles me. Yet there’s a bit of bitter taste in my mouth seeing there’s no notification from Haerin. No good morning text for earlier? Not even a reminder not to miss breakfast and lunch? Although I technically missed breakfast and I’m off to a lunch meeting with the rest. Still.

I walk out the hotel room carrying my coat and phone as I make my way to the elevator, contemplating whether or not I should text her. It won’t be bad to greet her or remind her to eat something right? Or maybe ask about the set and the models and the shoot itself? Get a grip, Sehun. I tell myself.

Good morning hubby. Her whisper echoes in my head like a song on repeat. I’m in an unending wave of fuzz in my head. I know I said I would barf if I get called hubby, but I would honestly prefer her call me hubby than hear her calling someone else that endearment. A man with a name that starts with ‘Jong’ and ends with ‘in’ cannot be that guy she can call hubby. I call dibs.

I arrive at the lobby and proceed to the dining hall. An employee escorts me to the table with the rest of the lads already starting breakfast without me. Why am I not surprised?

“Morning,” Joonmyeon hyung greets me as I occupy the empty seat by the end of the table. We’re all here but there’s an empty chair across Baekhyun and next to Jongin. I fill my plate with the served food on the table. English breakfast is just nice, “Alright, now that Sehun is here, the meeting can start.”

I take a bite of my bagel first as I let them proceed. Baekhyun hyung clears his throat and this is how I know he’s the one officially starting the meeting, which is odd because he usually doesn’t do this for important stuff, “We’re a bit worried about Jacob,” He says and I give him a look upon the mention of our photographer.

“What about him? Yellowstone disapproved of him?” I ask, wondering if I had missed an e-mail saying they reject the proposed photographer I told them I would have for the shoot. But I don’t remember the client saying anything about it. I arch a brow, “They didn’t comment about him. Did they call?”

“No. It’s not that,” Chanyeol hyung tells me.

“Then what is it?”

Jongin sets down his cup of coffee, “This morning Jacob went out of the girls’ hotel room. And when Kyungsoo was double-checking staff attendance and equipment, he seems to be fond of looking at your intern,” I give him a quizzical look, “We’re not accusing Jacob of anything but Kyungsoo knows when someone’s a maniac,”

I give Kyungsoo hyung a look and he just shrugs, “I’ve been around Baekhyun and Chanyeol for a while. I have a reference on how a maniac looks at their prey,”

“YAH!” The two lemon-heads exclaim.

“We just want everyone to keep an eye on her and Jacob. After all, she’s just an intern. Any guy would take her as an easy prey. She’s our responsibility. If something happens to her, the company will suffer issues,” Joonmyeon hyung announces.

“Don’t worry. I’ll keep an eye on her.” I tell everyone.

“Everyone will.” Jongin interjects cur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter