Soccer and you

DAEJAE Oneshot collection~

The whole stadium erupted in loud cheers once the referee blew the whistle for the end time. Their university managed to score two goals and their opponent did not score any. It was all thanks to their famous striker, Yoo Youngjae, who scored both of the goals.

Daehyun grinned widely as he cheering with the other spectators, feeling proud because once again, their university managed to be the winner of the season. He had never missed on any of the matches because he liked the game so much especially the cute player everyone was talking about. The first time he set eyes on Youngjae, he thought it was just an admiration but soon the feeling got more stronger each time he looked at him in the field.

When he knew that Youngjae got an offer to play with a famous soccer club in korea, he got a little bit sad because that meant he would not be able to see Youngjae that much anymore in their campus. But he was also happy for the boy and he would try to go to any match that Youngjae had.

As a student who majored in music and theatre, Daehyun did not have any friends or time to play soccer even though it was his favourite sport. But he never thought much on it because he didn’t think that he was that good in soccer.

 

Daehyun went to his favourite cafe outside of the campus right after his class ended because he was craving for cheesecake. His mind wouldn’t stop thinking about it even when his lecturer told him to focus in class. Once he got inside the cafe, he smiled when he sees that there were not much people at the moment because it was 11 in the morning. Still early for lunch.

As he was contemplating with himself which cheesecake to get from the display rack, his eyes wandered around and that was when his heart stopped when he saw him. His favourite Youngjae sitting in the corner with a cup of coffee and a piece of half-eaten cake in front of him, and also a book in his hand.

Should I go talk to him or not? Come on Daehyun! It’s not like you get to see him often! This is your chance!

He took a deep breath and slowly stepped forward to the table in the corner. He stood there awkwardly a few inches from the table until the person at the table looked up at him.

“yeah?” Youngjae blinked when he noticed someone just stood in front of him. Not to mention that the guy was good looking as well.

“uh- you’re Yoo Youngjae right? Our university’s soccer player?”

“yes i am.” Youngjae gave the sweetest smile and made Daehyun’s inside crumbled.

“well, i am a fan of yours. May i get a picture with you?”

“sure. uh- you want to sit down or I have to stand up?”

“i-it’s okay. You don’t have to move.” Daehyun slapped himself mentally for stuttering in front of his crush so he took out his phone hastily then crouched down next to the player before snapping a few pictures of them. “thank you so much! May I get a hug too?” Great, why are you embarrassing yourself Daehyun!!

Youngjae chuckled and opened his arms, wrapping his arms around Daehyun briefly before he releases him. “what’s your name?”

Daehyun blinked, wondering if he heard him right. “you asked my name?”

“yeah”

“i’m Daehyun.”

“nice to meet you Daehyun.” Youngjae smiled.

“u-uh nice to meet you too. Anyway, I need to go now. See you around!” Daehyun quickly excused himself and bowed slightly as he ran out of the cafe. His cheesecake was forgotten and his heart was beating rapidly.

 

 

When Daehyun got home, he posted the picture he took on Instagram and tagged Youngjae in the photo then proceeded to record the video of him fanboying to post for his vlog.

He told his viewers how he met Youngjae at the cafe and how he also managed to get a hug from his favourite player. After posting the video, he started receiving notifications for people commenting on his video but a certain caught his attention so he quickly scrolled down the comment section to check if his mind was playing a trick of him.

There he was, the third comment coming from Youngjae which said “cute”. Daehyun blushed and took a pillow to muffle his excited scream. Not so long after that, he received a notification for a DM on his Instagram. He thought it was just some of his followers but Youngjae’s name popped up on his screen. Never in his life he reacted so fast and eager to read his message.

From : yooyjay

Hi daehyun. Nice meeting you today. I hope we can meet again  :)

“no wayy!!” Daehyun grinned widely and thought that he must have done something in his past life to be this lucky right now.

From : jung_dh

Hi  :) nice meeting you too. I would love to meet you again <3

“well... I think the heart is unnecessary. Should I unsend this before he read the message?” he was about to tap on his message when he saw that Youngjae has seen it. “uh. Too late...”

From : yooyjay

Since we are from the same uni, i guess it will be easier for us to meet right?

From : jung_dh

How do you know we are from the same uni?

From : yooyjay

You asked me if I was our university’s player when we first met ;)

From : jung_dh

Yeah right. Forgive me for the silly question. And for your question just now, yes. It will be easier for us to meet.

So they kept talking for a few hours until Daehyun’s stomach grumbled. Just then he realised that he had not eat anything yet for the day.

Few hours turn into days and that was when Youngjae decided the time and place for them to meet. Daehyun put on some effort for his appearance because he did not want to look like a mess in front of his crush. His hair was styled, his sleeves of his button up were rolled up neatly, his top two button were left ed and shirt tucked into his jeans. He also put on his expensive cologne which he would only use during special occasion.

After he deemed himself ready, he took out his phone and started texting Youngjae on his way to the subway station. His phone vibrated when it received an incoming message. Daehyun smiled when Youngjae said he was waiting for him at the station.

He found his heart beating rapidly when he saw Youngjae standing next to the entrance of the subway dressed in a casual red cardigan with a white shirt on the inside. Youngjae smiled and waved at Daehyun when he saw him walking towards him

“hi... you look good.” Youngjae said and Daehyun rubbed his nape sheepishly.

“thank you. Uh... you look good too. Shall we go now?”

They headed to the cafe first for brunch before Youngjae took him to the cinema to watch a movie he had been anticipating for a long time. Both of them argued to pay the tickets but Daehyun just gave up after a while because Youngjae was really persistent.

After watching the movie, they went to the newly opened dessert cafe because Daehyun suggested it when Youngjae wondered where they should go next. This time, Daehyun paid for the food and Youngjae pouted at him, saying he was the one that should pay since he asked Daehyun out. But soon he smiled widely and made Daehyun promised when Daehyun said there would be next time.

It was almost dark when Daehyun walked Youngjae home and the both of them have a wide smile on their face. Youngjae stops walking when he reached the front of his house and Daehyun looked behind Youngjae, blinking when he saw how big his house was.

“this is your house?”

“yeah. I live with my parents.”

“oh... it’s beautiful.” Just like you. Daehyun restrained himself from saying the words out loud.

“thank you... anyway, thank you for going out with me.” Youngjae chuckled, his cheeks becoming some shade of pink. “so... when is our next date?”

“ehhh? That was a date?!”

Youngjae blinked as he looked at Daehyun’s shocked expression, wondering if what he did was just too rushing. “u-uh it’s okay if you dont want it to be a date-“

“no. I’d love to have another date with you.”

They exchanged smile before Youngjae pressed his lips against Daehyun’s, the kiss only lasted for a few seconds before Youngjae pulled back with a shy smile.

“uhm, text me later when you got home. Bye!” Youngjae quickly excused himself and ran inside before Daehyun got to say any word.

Daehyun chuckled, “cute.” He said as he walked back to his apartment with his heart beating loudly in his chest.

 

 

Since Daehyun and Youngjae were quite popular in their campus, rumours about them dating already spread among the students and even some lecturers. Many posted pictures of them spotted together at a cafe or at a mall. There were comments asking about their relationship status as well in their Instagram and on Daehyun’s videos on Youtube but neither of them answered the question. Since people never seen any of them doing skinship in public, it just stayed rumours to the students.

“okay guys, today we have a special guest on my live. I know you must be wondering who it might be right? And I’m sure most or you guess it right because of something i posted on my Instagram last week.” Daehyun smiled at the camera and sometimes his gaze would travel to the person behind it for a few seconds before he focused back on the camera. “now I want to invite my special guest to be with me to answer the questions about us today. Welcome, Yoo Youngjae! The popular soccer player in our university!” Daehyun cheered happily as Youngjae walked into the view with an embarrassed smile on his face then taking a seat next to Daehyun.

“hello, I am Yoo Youngjae.” Youngjae greeted as he waved at the camera shyly.

“Youngjae-ssi, how do you feel to be here today?”

“uhm to be honest, I’m kind of nervous right now because I’m not used to this..”

“relax.. you have me right here.” Daehyun grinned and focused back at the camera. “okay, now we are having a Q&A questions. Youngjae and I will pick some questions and we will answer it. Let’s see..” daehyun scrolled through the live chat and he smiled, “I got one here. It says 'what is your relationship with Youngjae?’. Actually, we have been dating for about a month, just right after we first met. Youngjae asked me out.” Youngjae blushed and covered his face with his palms, too embarrassed as Daehyun talked about how their first date ended.

The live chat flooded with questions and people talking about how sweet they were together. Youngjae scrolled through the chat to pick his question and he read it out loud, “’what do you like about Daehyun?’ well, the first time I saw him, he was quite nervous but I found it cute. But now after I get to know him, he’s such a gentleman and sweet. There’s much more I want to tell but nah, it’s my secret!” Youngjae smiled cheekily as he winked at the camera, his expression quickly turning to a pout when Daehyun pinched his cheek while muttering “cute”.

When they have been doing the session for almost half an hour, Daehyun decided that he wanted to end the session with a final question. “okay, now for the last question. Let’s see..” he scrolled through the chat and showed Youngjae the question which made Youngjae blushed. “I found one. 'which one of you is top and which one is bottom?’. For this question, I do not have an answer yet because we never did 'it' yet and we never talked about this as well.”

They bid good bye to the viewers and Daehyun kissed his boyfriend on the lips as he turned off the live, pushing him onto the couch. “now, do you want to talk about who top and bottom?” Daehyun grinned as he nipped gently on Youngjae’s neck.

“instead of talking, why don’t we show it hm?” Youngjae smirked as he ran his fingers through Daehyun’s hair, when Daehyun on the spot under his ear.

 

 


it's been some times since i updated any fic on aff. idek how this editor works anymore  :(

so, who do you think is the top here-