Chapter IV

Make Me Believe

 

Taeyeon stood confidently in front of her black sedan waiting for the younger girl to join her. She beamed her most precious smile at Jessica. She's actually not fond of smiling to anyone but it's coming out naturally right now and she doesn't want to bother herself asking why. Her smile went as fast as it came when she noticed Jessica went the other way. What? She panicked. But she doesn't really want anyone sees that in her so she stood her ground seeing her puzzle going away. She smiles upon realizing what Jessica is doing. Did she really think she can get away from me? She thought while smiling. She raised her phone to her ear to make a phone call.

 

********************************************************************************

 

 

Jessica didn't know why but her feet started turning around even before her brain can process it. She thinks she's just not comfortable being with a newly met people like Taeyeon is. But she can't also deny the fact that the other girls smiles are too captivating that if she had not turn away at that time, she'll be captured for real. So she walked and walked hoping Taeyeon won't follow her and when she didn't, why did she feel a little disappointed of that? Jessica shrug it off.

 

She was at the bus stop when it started raining. Jessica is getting wetter as the rain gets heavier. She's feeling cold as she waits patiently for her bus. She was then joined by three school girls on the shed. They were a bit wet from the rain but their umbrellas helped minimize that.

 

"Do you think we'll get a bus going to your place here?" She didn't intend to eavesdrop but then they were too close for her to not listen to the conversation.

 

"Of course, the bus always go this way." Her ears perked up when she heard that the girls are going the same way as her. She was a bit relieved that she's not alone though they are basically someone she didn't know.

 

"But I heard there's a collision on the other road close by that's why they are doing the rerouting."

 

"What?! Where did you hear that?

 

"On the store we are at awhile ago, you guys did not hear it?"

 

"Is that for real? How can we go home then?"

 

"Oh my God! I'm getting really cold now!"

 

Jessica felt chills throughout her body upon hearing the girls. Is that true? That will explain why it has been over 20 minutes yet one single bus has come her way. Adding to her misery is the fact that the cabs are rare in the area. Damn! How can I get home? She was about to blame herself on running away from Kim Taeyeon but she held that thought. I'm okay. I'm okay. It's not that late anyway.

 

Another 5 minutes passed and she is feeling colder. Her clothes are getting soaked by the heavy rain. When will this rain stop? She sighed. She's getting impatient. She stood up and was about to walk home under the rain in desperation when she heard a car stop in front of her.

 

Wait, what? This car looks like her- her thoughts were cut off when she saw the young President came out of the car, one hand on her umbrella, and walked with a commanding grace towards her direction. Was she following me? Is she here to help me?

 

Jessica was about to smile to Taeyeon but she noticed the girl did not stop in front her but the three school girls. Her frown is evident.

 

"Girls, are you okay?" Taeyeon asked. She was holding her breathe when she asked that because she really looks like a creeper right now going to three teenagers in the middle of a rainy night with the girls looking vulnerable. Her original plan was to go to Jessica but she was surprised when the girl suddenly stood up so her body's reaction was to go the other way.

 

Her embarrassment is replaced by pride when one of the girls squealed upon seeing her. It really helps to be famous sometimes.

 

"Kyaaaah! You're President Kim of Nyx, right?"

 

She smiled right away, "Yes. I see you girls needed a right? I'm aware of the collision not far from here. The busses can't come this way. Let me take you home. I'm about to go home as well." She offered charmingly. All three girls melted right away on her offer and said 'yes' instantly.

 

What is she doing? Picking random girls out to send home? Jessica stopped what she was thinking when one of the younger girl called her out.

 

"Unnie?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Would you want to join us? I don't think you can find a ride here. Miss Kim here will take us home."

 

"W-what?" She swears she saw Taeyeon smirks.

 

"Yes, miss. I think its better if you'll join us. I'll take you home. The weather is not getting nicer." This time Taeyeon is directly talking to her with that now famous grin on her face. She raised one brow to her.

 

"Unnie, come on." She was then joined by one of the teen under her umbrella so she has no choice but to follow. The front passenger seat was opened for her by Taeyeon when she went in. She smiled genuinely for her before getting in the driver side.

 

The three girls are not able to contain their happiness being with the famous young bachelorrette inside her own car. They were happily chatting with Taeyeon throughout the ride while Jessica remained queit.

 

"Here you go, girls." Jessica heard Taeyeon said when they finally reached the girls' dorm. It was much nearer than Jessica's apartment that's why Taeyeon drove them first. Not that she would let Jessica off first even it has been Jessica's place that is nearer.

 

The three girls bid them goodbye way too happily that Jessica almost asked them, is it because of this girl that you are too happy even when you were stranded awhile ago? Not that she's jealous.

 

Her heartbeat was racing when she felt Taeyeon reached out to her right side. She can feel her breathing on her chest.

 

"W-what are you doing?"

 

Taeyeon continued on then retracted when she was able to find the safety belt and latched it.

 

"You didn't have your seatbelt on." Taeyeon stated calmly. Jessica felt herself blushed when she realized how close they were a while ago.

 

"T-thank you."

 

Taeyeon again smiled at her as she manuevers the shift lever and the steering wheel way too elegantly for Jessica's liking.

 

There was an awkward silent between them when Taeyeon started driving again. Jessica wished the three girls are with them again so there are noises. It's too silent that it's giving a more uncomfortable feeling for her.

 

Her eyes widen when Taeyeon made a left turn when she expected she'll turn otherwise as that's where her place is.

 

"Where are we going?" She asked.

 

"My place." Taeyeon said calmly.

 

"What? Why?"

 

"I think you need a shower." Taeyeon winked.

 

"What?! I don't want to go to your place, you ert-"

 

"I told you we'll have dinner right? What were you thinking?" Taeyeon laughed with how Jessica reacted.

 

"What? I did not-" Jessica's face went full pink from embarasment. What the hell brain? "My place is near here. Can't you just take me home?"

 

"I'm taking you home. My home. Just calm down Miss Jung. Okay? I won't do anything to you." Jessica looked at Taeyeon in the eyes and she saw sincerity in those words. Well at least until the other girl winked again. "Unless you want me to."

 

"You wish."

 

"Okay, I'll wish for it."

 

"What? Would you stop?"

 

"I haven't even started yet you want me to stop now? That's boring."

 

"You're funny."

 

"Believe me, I'm not. I'm hot."

 

"Seriously?"

 

"Hahaha. I'm just teasing you. Loosen up a bit. You're too stiff. Can't you be comfortable with me?"

 

"I don't know you."

 

"I'm famous, you know."

 

"I still don't know you even if you are."

 

"Well I did introduce myself yesterday."

 

"I only know few details about you."

 

"So you're interested on getting to know me more? I am to you as well. Great to know we feel the same way." Jessica glared at Taeyeon while the other girl can't hide her enjoyment.

 

Jessica realized Taeyeon is manueveing her car towards the basement of a high tower. It has an elegant hotel vibe on it.

 

"What are we doing here? Is this a hotel?!"

 

Taeyeon laughed, "Too eager, babe. Do you want me to take you in a hotel?" It was a slip of toungue she think but Jessica felt a bit giddy when Taeyeon called her babe.

 

"I'm serious!"

 

"Hahaha. No, this is where I stay. My pension house is on the 37th floor. Come on."

 

**********************************************************************************

 

 

Secretary Lee can't hide her embarrassment ment as she tried explaining herself to the police officer in front of her.

 

"Why did you block your car in the highway? What are you thinking Miss? You could have been killed!" The police officer is fuming in anger with the childish act of the lady in front of her.

 

Ask that to my boss, please. Sunny wish she could answer that to this fuming officer but she will surely lost her job. What the hell are you thinking Kim Taeyeon?

 

"I apologize sir. I-i was trying to find something really important on that road that's why."

 

"Did you know it caused a rerouting? Arrrrrggggghhhhh!"

 

The officer can't do anything but shout in frustration before letting the girl go. This girl must be crazy. Too bad, she's cute.

 

Kim Taeyeon, you!

 

Secretary Lee went out of the police station with her head bowed down. She remembered the worst call she got all her life.

 

"Secretary Lee, I need you to do something!"

 

"Sure young miss. What is that?"

 

"I need you to block Highway 22, southbound in 5 minutes for 20 minutes."

 

"WHAT?!!!"

 

"Thanks Miss Lee. See you tomorrow!" And then her night became a hell.

 

"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!"

 

*****************************************************************************************