Chapter 8

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
It was the day of Super Junior’s Super Show 4.  Donghae and the guys asked my members and I to come to both days to support them.  Since we didn’t have anything to do, we decided to go.  I was getting ready with the girls at their place when I felt my stomach feeling queasy again.  I went to the bathroom and threw up everything I ate.  I still throw up but it’s not as much as last week.  Donghae and the members have been forcing me to go to the doctors but I told them that it wasn’t serious.  Lately I have no appetite to eat anything so sometimes I would skip meals.  Donghae would lecture me and make me eat but I’m too stubborn to listen to him.
 
“Unnie, are you throwing up again?” Minji asked me. I didn’t say anything. “Unnie, you’re really pale!”
 
“Hyejin ah, I really think you should go to the doctors.  This isn’t nothing.  You’ve been throwing up a lot and not eating as much. Look at you! You’re so pale. Please go to the doctors.” Kim pleaded.
 
“I will. After Donghae’s done with the concerts. I’ll go with him. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine. Let’s go… the guys are waiting on us.”
 
We hitched a ride with the SHINee members.  They wouldn’t mind though since Taemin was excited to see Minji.  They were cuddling in the back. I’m happy for Minji… it’s been a while they’ve got to hang out with each other.
 
“Noona. Are you okay? You don’t look too well.” Minho asked me.
 
“De. Noona’s fine. Don’t worry about me.” I smiled weakly at him.
 
We arrived at the stadium and went backstage to find the boys.  They boys were acting like zoo animals… scrambling around trying to find things and screaming at each other.  I don’t see Donghae though.  Where is he?
 
“Looking for someone?” I heard Donghae asking me while he wrapped his arms around my neck.
 
“Are you excited?” I turned around and asked him.
 
“Yeah. I’m nervous too but I know we’ll do well. We’ve worked so hard for this and the time has finally come.”  I just smiled at him and hugged him tightly.
 
“Good luck babe. I’ll be in the crowd watching you. I’m going to go sit in our seats now. Good luck!” I gave him a kiss for good luck and left.
 
The girls and I arrived at our seats and saw some of the SNSD girls there already.
 
“Unnie!” Yoona said once she saw me. “Come sit next to me!” I smiled at her and sat next to her and Minji. “Are you feeling better? I heard that you were sick this whole week. You still look kind of pale though.  Are you sure you’re okay?”
 
“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I’m feeling much better than last week.” I assured her.
 
Before Yoona could say anything, the show was starting.  All the guys look so energetic and handsome on stage.  It was weird seeing the concert without Heechul oppa and Hangeng oppa.  I miss them.  The guys were performing song after song and the crowd were going wild.  Donghae looked very charismatic on stage.  He was wearing his shades a lot though since he’s been staying up late a lot this whole month so his eyes are swollen.  My poor baby.  It was Donghae’s solo stage time.  I wonder what he has planned for the fans.  The arena suddenly went dark and one light shone on Donghae.  He had a bouquet a flowers in his hands.  Is he giving flowers to a fan?  Then a light shone on me.  What the heck?
 
“I’d like to take this moment to say a few words to my wife.  Lee Hyejin. I love you. Thank you for coming into my life.  Do you remember what day today is?  It’s the day where I propose to you.  I will never forget that day.  I remember being so nervous because I kept wondering if you wanted to be a Mrs. Lee Donghae.  I was so ecstatic when you said yes.  I just wanted to thank you for letting me be your husband.  It’s the best job I’ve ever done.  I promise you that I’ll work harder as your husband. I know that it’s not our wedding anniversary but it’s been 11 years since we’ve been together.  I love you, Lee Hyejin. Forever and always.”
 
I started crying. I don’t know why.  Why is this man in front of me so freaking sweet?  He always manages to surprise me with his antics! I even forgot today was our 11th year anniversary.  Sigh. I saw him walking towards me.  He handed me a bouquet of flowers and inside the flowers was a red box.  I took out the box and opened it and found a new wedding ring. The ring was gorgeous! I looked up at him and mouthed I love you. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my head.  He broke the hug and kissed me on the lips.  
 
“I love you Donghae and thank you!”
 
“I love you too.  I have to go perform now. I’ll see you back stage.” He winked at me.  He went to the stage and started performing his solo song.
 
“Oh My Goodness. THAT WAS SO CUTE!!!! I WISH I HAD A BOYFRIEND WHO DOES THAT FOR ME!!!!” I heard Yoona, Taeyeon, and Sunny squealing.
 
“Why can’t you do something like that oppa?!” Minji complained to Taemin.
 
“Why does hyung have to be so cheesy?! He’s making all the guys look bad.” Minho, Taemin, and Onew complained while pouting.
 
For some reason, my head started to hurt and I felt dizzy.  My stomach felt queasy once again.
 
“I’m going to go to the bathroom. I’ll be back.” I told the girls.
 
“Unnie, do you need to throw up again?” Minji asked me.
 
“Ani. I need to use the bathroom… that’s all.”  The girls looked at the guys and they didn’t look convinced but they still let me go.  I hurried to the bathroom and no one was in the bathroom.  I started walking to the nearest stall but my head began to hurt a lot.  I tried looking around and everything was blurry.  The last thing I remember before blacking out was the pain I felt on my head when I fell.
 
Minji’s POV
 
The show finally ended and I have to say… that was the best Super Show ever!  All the oppas looked so handsome on stage!!  Especially Hyukjae oppa! He was so charismatic!  I was too distracted by the show to realize that unnie wasn’t back yet.  That’s funny.  Unnie went to the bathroom thirty minutes ago.  Where is she?
 
“Baby. What’s wrong?” Taemin oppa asked me.
 
“Unnie’s not back yet.  It’s been thirty minutes.  I wonder where she is.”
 
“Hyejin unnie’s not back yet?” Yoona asked.
 
“Ani. I wonder where she is! It’s been thirty minutes.” I freaked out.  Taemin oppa put his arms around my shoulders.
 
“Babe. Calm down. Let’s go look for her. I promise we’ll find her.”  
 
Taemin oppa, Minho oppa, Onew oppa, Kim unnie, Yoona unnie, Taeyeon unnie, Sunny unnie, and I all split up to find unnie.  Yoona unnie and I decided to check the bathroom since unnie said she was going there.  We ran to the bathroom and saw unnie lying lifelessly on the floor.  Her face was full of sweat and her face was so pale that it looks like there’s no blood left in her.  We ran to her and tried waking her up.  There was no response from her.
 
“Unnie call the ambulance!!!!” I told Yoona unnie.  We were holding onto unnie tightly praying that she will be fine.  The ambulance came and took unnie to the hospital.  Yoona unnie and I went with them. Yoona unnie was crying and I was crying too…we tried our best to comfort each other.  I took my phone and called Taemin oppa to tell him what happened.  Unnie, please be okay.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
After the concert was finished, the guys and I were all backstage getting ready to go out and eat.  Where’s Hyejin? She was suppose to be here already.  I didn’t see anyone either.  Where are they?  The door suddenly opened and Taemin looked like he was out of breath.
 
“Yah. Taemin. What’s wrong? Why are you out of breath?” Leeteuk hyung asked him.
 
“Donghae. Hyung. Problem. Hospital. Fainted. Hyejin. Noona.” Taemin said in between his breath. WAIT. WHAT?!
 
“WHAT?! HYEJIN’S IN THE HOSPITAL?! HOW IS SHE?! WHEN?! WHERE?!” I panicked.  
 
“De. Minji and Yoona noona found her lying in the bathroom unconsciously.  They’re with her right now. Minho and the others went there already and I ran here to tell you once I found out.”  I ran out of the room once I heard what happened.  . I didn’t bring my car.  I heard a beep and saw Kyuhyun driving.
 
“Hyung get in! Hurry!” Thank God that Kyuhyun brought his car.  Kyuhyun sped to the hospital and once he parked his car I rushed into the hospital.  I saw Yoona and Minji sitting in the waiting room and I ran to them.
 
“How’s Hyejin? How long as it been?”
 
“Oppa calm down.  Unnie’s been in there for fifteen minutes.  The doctor said she wanted to see what’s wrong with unnie. Calm down.” Minji tried calming me down.
 
“She’s right hyung. Just stay calm and wait until we hear what’s wrong. She’ll be fine hyung. Hyejin’s a fighter.” Kyuhyun added.  We were all sitting in the waiting room waiting for the doctor to come out.  I wonder what’s taking them so long? Is there something wrong with my Hyejinnie?! Why didn’t I take her to the doctors earlier?! I’m such an idiot.  A few minutes later, the doctor came out.  I rushed to the doctor and bombarded her with a lot of questions.
 
“Doctor, how is my wife?! Is she okay?! What’s wrong with her?! Where is she?!”
 
“Hyung, calm down…” Kyuhyun pulled me back.  The doctor just chuckled at my action.  Why is she laughing?! Something’s wrong with my Hyejin and she’s here laughing at me?!
 
“Mr. Lee, your wife will be fine. Don’t worry too much about it.  She fainted because she’s probably overworking herself.  Plus, she’s malnutrition and hasn’t been eating a lot.  That’s not good for her and the baby though.”  WAIT. BABY?!  I stared at the doctor. “Yes. Congratulations.  Your wife is one month pregnant.  Please take care of her and make sure she eats for two people now.” The doctor smiled at me.
 
I’m going to be a father! My dreams of becoming a father is finally coming true!!!!! 
 
“Thank you doctor!!!” I smiled while bowing at her. I’M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!!  The doctor just smiled at me and left.
 
“HYUNG CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I’M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE AND A GODFATHER!!!!!” Kyuhyun cheered while doing his victory dance.
 
“Oppa congrats!!!!!! I can’t wait to be an aunt!!!” Minji said.
 
“HYUNG CONGRATS!!!!!!” all the SHINee members screamed.
 
“Oppa. Congrats. We’re going to spoil your child!” The SNSD girls said.  This feels like a dream. Is this true?! I can’t help but smile to myself.  
 
“Hyung. I think you should go see Hyejinnie now. I think you should tell her the good news.  We’ll come back tomorrow to visit her.” Kyuhyun smiled at me.  I nodded at him and said goodbye to the others.  I walked to Hyejin’s room and entered her room.  I saw her lying on the bed.  She was awake now.
 
“Hey baby. How are you feeling?  Do you need anything.”
 
“Can you get me water?” I went to the table and poured her a cup of water.  I went over to her bed and helped her sit up and gave her the cup.  She drank all the water and gave it back to me.
 
“Thanks. Are you mad at me?” I looked at her and she looked really scared.  She wasn’t even looking at me.  I took my hand and lifted her face up so she could look at me.
 
“Ani. Why would I be mad at you?”
 
“Because you told me to go to the doctors but I told you I was fine and this happens. I’m sorry.”
 
“It’s not your fault though. I’m not mad at you. I promise you that.” I smiled at her.  She smiled back at me. 
 
“Did the doctor say what’s wrong with me?” I think it’s time to tell her now.
 
“Well from now on you have to take much better care of yourself.  I can no longer call you a pig too because you’ll have to start eating a lot now.  You’re not just eating for yourself anymore.”
 
“What-” She was about to ask me but I think she realized what I meant.  “Really?!”  I nodded my head at her while smiling. 
 
“Really. The doctor told me just now.  That’s why you’ve been throwing up for the last week.” I looked at her and she looked confused. “Why? You’re not happy?”
 
“Ani. Are you happy? Because I am. I want to be a mom.” I pulled her into a hug and felt her hugging me back.
 
“Thank you Hyejin.  You gave me the best gift this world can offer me.  Thank you for making me a father and thank you for being the mother of our child.”  I broke the hug and gave her a short kiss on the lips.  “Go get some rest now.”
 
“Stay with me.” She pouted.  I nodded my head and climbed in bed with her.  We slept in each other arms that night with a big smile on our faces.  We’re going to parents.