Chapter 23

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
I woke up and felt something wrapped around my waist.  I tried to remember what happened last night. Oh yeah. Donghae and I got back together and we showed each other how much we love each other.  I was smiling at the thought of us finally being together again.  I turned around to stare at his handsome sleeping face.  He’s still so handsome after these two years. 
 
“I know I’m handsome but can you stop staring at me?” He was smiling with his eyes closed.
 
“Who says I’m smiling at you?” I pouted at him. 
 
“Stop pouting. You look ugly when you pout.”
 
“You can’t even see me! How do you even know?”
 
“Because I know everything about my Hyejin.” He smiled at me.  I felt my heart beating fast when he said my Hyejin. He opened his eyes and saw me staring at him and not saying anything at all. “What’s wrong?”
 
“Say it again.”
 
“Say what again?”
 
“My Hyejin. I like it when you say that. Say it one more time.” I smiled at him.
 
“My Hyejin. That’s true though. You’re mine Lee Hyejin.” He pulled me close to his bare chest. “Whether you like it or not… you’re mine forever.”
 
“I love you Donghae.”
 
“And I love you Hyejin.” He kissed my forehead.  “Do you have work today?”
 
“Ani. Today’s my day off.”
 
“Good. Let’s spend the whole day together. Okay?”
 
“Okay. What do you want to do?”
 
“Anything. As long as you’re with me then I’m fine with anything.”
 
“You’re so cheesy!” I smacked his chest.
 
“Yes but you love it.” he teased me.
 
“Whatever.” I stuck my tongue out at him.  We spent a few more hours in bed cuddling with each other.
 
We decided to go to tell everyone about this since they were our close friends.  We headed to the SM building and told them first.  Everyone was happy for us and they threatened to beat up Donghae if he ever hurt me again.  He promised them that he won’t hurt me anymore. Jessica was disappointed though... she said she had a plan to get us back together but we got back together before she could execute the plan. Silly Jess. Our next stop was the YG Building.  At first, they were not happy with it but then they approved. Jiyongie, Youngbae oppa, Teddy oppa, Tablo oppa, and Mr. Yang made him sign a contract that if he ever hurts me then they have the rights to murder him. They even threatened to skin Donghae alive if he ever hurt me again.  I love my YG Family of course.  They can be embarrassing but I love them for that.  Everyone welcomed him back again.  Next was Ri Innie and Seulgi unnie.  They were both thrilled.  Of course, they threatened Donghae too.  Poor Donghae.  After telling everyone, Donghae and I decided to go on a date.
 
“Where are we going?”
 
“It’s a surprise.” he smiled at me.
 
“You always say that! Can’t you just tell me this time?” I pouted at him.
 
“Nope. Just wait and see.”
 
We arrived at the park.  The park again? Really Donghae?  I looked at him and all he gave me was a smile.
 
“The park again?” I asked him.
 
“Let’s just enjoy each other’s company okay? I didn’t have time to plan a nice date for us.” he pouted.  I just laughed at him.
 
“Arasso. You’re forgiven.  You know, even if everyone else gave us our permission… my brother’s permission is the most important.  And he’ll be the hardest the please after everything’s that happened. And are you going to tell Sunye about us?”
 
“I know but I’ll prove to your brother that I’m worthy of your love again.  Just a few more months and I’ll show him. I'll tell Sunye about it later. She's busy with her promotions. I promise you that I'll never leave you for her again.” I smiled at him.
 
“You better promise or else I'll be going to your funeral.  You know, even if my brother doesn’t approve it wouldn’t matter to me.  As long as we love each other and stick by each other then I don't care about anything else.  I just need you Lee Donghae.”
 
“I need you too Lee Hyejin.  More then you'd ever know. I’m also sorry for everything Hyejin.”
 
“It’s okay. It’s all in the past.  But can I ask you one thing?”
 
“What?”
 
“Why’d you treat me like that after the accident? I still don’t know why you treated me that way.”
 
“It’s because I was mad at you. I was mad that you didn’t listen to me and went with Nichkhun to go get the medicine for your stretch marks.  I was mad that you cared more about your stretch marks than the safety of our baby.  That’s why.”
 
“Idiot.  I wasn’t even with Nichkhun.  I wasn’t even going to get medicine for my stretch marks.  I could care less about it.  I was on the way to Mokpo to help your mom plan for your dad’s anniversary.  I didn’t tell you because your mom wanted it to be a secret.  If you told me earlier about this, then all this drama wouldn’t happen.”
 
“I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. I’m sorry for not telling you.” He pulled me into a hug. “Forgive me?”
 
“I forgive you” I said while snuggling into his chest.  “I love you.”
 
“I love you too.”
 
Donghae’s POV
 
It’s been a month since Hyejin and I got back together.  Everything feels right again.  I am planning on purposing to her again tonight.  I have the ring and everything planned already.  No one knew that I was purposing tonight.  I kept it a secret.  The fans all found out that we were together and they were happy for us.  They all sent us flowers to congratulate us.  I was pacing back and forth in my room.  I was nervous.  What if she rejects me and says it’s way too soon to marry me again.
 
“Donghae ah, why are you pacing around so much? What are you nervous about?” I heard manager hyung asking me.
 
“Hyung. I’m proposing to Hyejin tonight. I’m nervous that she’ll say no.”
 
“You want to know something? I didn’t tell you this but I didn’t turn in your divorce papers.  You guys are still married.”
 
“WHAT?!”