Chapter 20

Love is so Bad

 

=Two Years Later=
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
It’s been two years since everything happened.  A lot has happened in that period of time.  I left the entertainment world… I no longer have the passion for music anymore.  When I told the members the news, they were supportive of my decision.  2ne1 is still doing fine without me.  It’s just the two of them now but they’re doing really well and I’m happy for them. 
 
Minji and Taemin are still together.  Whenever Taemin sees me, he always has a sad look on his face.  He always apologizes to me for Donghae’s action.  I keep telling him every time that it’s not his fault.  Him and Minji are still happy together and that’s all that matters.
 
Kim and Hyukjae oppa broke up.  Hyukjae oppa enlisted for his military service last year and he didn’t want to tie Kim down so he broke it off with her.  He said that it’s not fair for her and didn’t want to tie her down.  Oppa doesn’t know that Kim is waiting for him to come back.  Kim only loves oppa.  She’s willing to wait for him.
 
Ri Innie and Junsu oppa are happily married.  They married a year ago.  After they got married, oppa decided to enlist for his service with Hyukjae oppa.  Ri Innie was sad at first but she knew this was bound to happen.  She’s been visiting him often…. She’s counting down the days until he comes back.
 
Seulgi unnie and Yunho are engaged.  He proposed to her right before he enlisted.  And that was two years ago… Yunho oppa enlisted with Leeteuk oppa and Donghae.  When I heard the news that Donghae was enlisting I was shocked. But then though it would be a good thing since I don’t have to see him for two whole years.  I haven’t seen him since the time I asked him for a divorce. 
 
After I left the entertainment world, I enrolled in school again and got a degree in culinary arts.  I became a pastry chef!  I work at a little bakery near my place.  It was a nice job for me because I got to bake cakes and cupcakes and decorate it any way I like.  We get a lot of customers at the bakery because fans come here since they knew I use to be 2ne1’s leader.  I could care less… as long as I get customers for my boss then it’s fine.
 
I was lying in my bed watching TV.  I didn’t have work today since my boss gave me a day off.  I heard my phone ringing. It was Seulgi unnie.
 
“Unnie?”
 
“Hyejinnie! I have great news!”
 
“What?”
 
“Yunho oppa’s coming back! He’s coming back next week!”
 
“Really?! That’s great!”
 
“But you know what that means right?”
 
“What?”
 
“That means Donghae and Leeteuk oppa are coming back too.” I felt my heart beating faster when I heard unnie telling me that.
 
“I see.”
 
“Would you want to go with me to pick him up? It’s okay if you don’t want to. I understand.”
 
“Ani. It’s fine. I’ll go with you.  I’m over him… it’s been two years now. So don’t worry about it.”
 
“Are you sure?”
 
“I’m sure.”
 
“Alright. I’ll pick you up next week.”
 
“De. Bye unnie.”
 
I can’t believe he’s coming back.  Well, it’s bound to happen anyways.  But why did my heart beat fast when I heard that he’s coming back.  I’m over him.  I shouldn’t even be thinking of him.  I went to sleep to shake off the thought of him coming back.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
It was finally the day…. The day where I’ve completed my services.  Leeteuk hyung and Yunho too.  We were all packing our stuff getting ready to leave.
 
“Who’s picking you up Yunho?” I asked him.
 
“Seulgi is. Who’s picking you up?”
 
“Sunye said she was coming. So I guess she is?”
 
“I see.” I can tell that Yunho didn’t like the fact that I still talk to Sunye but she’s still my friend after all.  I still contact her.  I like having her as a friend.  She’s a good listener.
 
“Hae, can I hitch a ride with you? Inyoung noona can’t make it.”
 
“De hyung. Let’s go.”
 
We were finally released. I’m glad to be back.  I wonder how everyone is.  My mom and hyung couldn’t come today since they had things to do.  It was understandable.  I was looking around for Sunye.  Where is she? Didn’t she say she was going to be here?  I saw a lot of fans holding signs saying welcome back oppas.  
 
“Oppa!” I heard a familiar voice yell.  I turned around and saw Seulgi running into Yunho’s arm.  He pulled her into a tight hug and spun her around.  She was giggling.  I saw someone familiar walking behind her.  My heart stopped and I felt like I couldn’t breath.  It was her.  She’s gotten so much prettier than the last time I’ve seen her.  It was my Hyejin.  Yes, mine.  I’m still not over.  I still love her. I don’t think I can stop loving her.  She’ll always be my love.  After all these years, she still took my breath away.
 
“Hyejinnie!” I heard Leeteuk hyung call her.  She looked over at hyung and smiled at him.  She looked at me and gave me a bow.  At least she’s not ignoring me.
 
“Hi oppa. How are you? Congrats on completing your duties!” Hyung pulled her into a hug.  I realized how much I miss her voice.
 
“I’m great Hyejinnie! I miss you!” I saw her giggling and hugging him back. “What have you’ve been up to?! Why are you here?”
 
“I miss you too oppa. I’m good. I’ve been working and just hanging out with this girl over there.” She pointed to Seulgi.
 
“Working?” 
 
“De. I left the entertainment business and went back to school and got my culinary masters.  Now I’m a pastry chef!” That sounds like her.
 
“OMO. Wow I didn’t know this! That’s big news! So you’re no longer a member of 2ne1?”
 
“De. I still talk and hang out with the girls though.  I still talk to the YG Family.  They said that they’ll always consider me as a YG baby.”
 
“Wow. That’s cool. Yah, Donghae why are you so quiet?” I heard Leeteuk hyung asking me. Crap. What do I say?
 
“Sorry hyung. I was trying to find Sunye.” . Why did I say that?! I should go shoot myself. I looked at her and she looked away.
 
“Unnie, can we go now? I have plans.”
 
“Oh. Okay. Oppa, let’s go. I’ll see you guys later. Bye.”
 
“Bye Seulgi ah. Bye Yunho. Bye Hyejinnie.” Leeteuk hyng responded.
 
“Bye Leeteuk oppa. Bye Donghae-ssi.” Hyejin said to us.  She’s calling me Donghae-ssi now? Sigh.
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
I don’t know how I feel right now.  When I saw him again, my heart started beating fast.  Stupid heart… why are you beating so fast?! Stop beating! I forbid you to beat rapidly around him.  He still looked handsome as ever.  What are you thinking Hyejin?! You idiot… you’re not suppose to think that!  I don’t know why but I felt disappointed when I heard him bringing up Sunye.  I shouldn’t feel that way because we’re not together anymore.  Stupid Hyejin… you’re over him so stop thinking about him.
 
“Hyejinnie? Did you hear what I said?” I heard unnie asking me.
 
“Huh? Sorry can you repeat that?”
 
“Are you okay? You seem distant.” Yunho oppa asked me.
 
“De. I’m okay. Don’t worry about me.”
 
“I’m sorry Hyejinnie. I shouldn’t have asked you to come here with me.  Even if you deny it, you’re still not ready to face him yet.”
 
“Who? Donghae?” oppa asked.
 
“De. She said she’s fine with seeing him but seeing her now just proves that she’s not ready to see him.”
 
“Do you still love him?” oppa asked me.
 
“Ani. I told unnie already. I’m over him. Can we drop this subject? I’ll drop you guys off.  There’s something I need to do.”  I got to their place and said my goodbyes to them.  “I’ll see you guys later. Congrats Yunho oppa! And welcome back.”
 
“Thanks Hyejinnie. You should wait one more year and then Hyukjae will come back.”
 
“I know. Bye oppa. Bye unnie.”  I waited for them to get into the building and then I drove off. Sigh why am I feeling this way?  I arrived home and got ready for bed.  I was lying in my bed with so many thoughts running in my head.  Why does my heart still beat fast when I’m around him?  Shouldn’t I move on by now?  Why is he invading my thoughts right now?  Is he happy with Sunye?  AHHHHHH I really need to stop thinking about him.  That night I went to bed dreaming of him.