Chapter 18

Love is so Bad

 

Hyejin’s POV
 
I woke up the next day and decided to pack my things and move in with the members.  I checked if Donghae was still home but he wasn’t.  I took out my luggage and put all my things in there..  After I was done, I headed towards the members’ dorm.  I knocked on the door and Minji opened the door.
 
“Unnie? What are you doing here?”
 
“Minji ah, I’m sorry for how I’ve acted over the past week” I started crying. Minji pulled inside the dorm and pulled me into a hug.
 
“Minji ah, who’s at the door?” 
 
“It’s Hyejin unnie.” I saw Kim running towards us and pulled me into a hug.
 
“Hyejin ah. About time. What are you doing here?”
 
“I decided that I’m going to divorce Donghae. I can’t keep living my life like this.  I have to let him go now. What’s the point of holding onto him when he doesn’t love me anymore.”
 
“What?!” both girls screamed.  I told them everything and they were mad for me.
 
“Unnie. I think you should file for a divorce! Oppa’s a jerk. You should start a new life now unnie. Forget about oppa then. He’s not worth it.” I smiled at her.
 
“It’s good to see you smiling again.  It’s the first real smile I’ve seen you smile.” Kim told me.  We spent the whole morning catching up on everything.  I missed these girls and I’m thankful that I have them by my side.
 
After I got done talking with the girls, I decided to call everyone else who tried contacting me.  I told them I was fine and not to worry about me.  The last person I called was Ri Innie.
 
“HYEJIN?! IS THIS REALLY YOU?! WHERE HAVE YOU’VE BEEN?!”
 
“Yes it’s me. Calm down. I’m okay now. Don’t worry. Let’s meet up.”
 
“Okay. Where?”
 
“Can I stop by your dorm?”
 
“De. Hurry and come! I miss you! I’ll invite Seulgi unnie over too! Hurry and come!”
 
I told my members that I was heading to Ri In’s place.  I told them that I was going to go get the papers and file for a divorce.  I took the taxi to Ri In’s place and knocked on her door.  She opened the door and pulled me into a hug.
 
“OMG I thought something happened to you! You’ve been gone for way too long!” I just laughed at her action.
 
“She’s right Hyejinnie. Where have you’ve been? Do you know how worried we’ve been?!”
 
“Sorry. I locked myself in the room.”
 
“Why didn’t Donghae do something about it?” Ri In asked me.
 
“I have something to tell you guys.” The girls looked at me curiously. After telling them everything, they were both shocked and mad.
 
“I can’t believe that jackass! I’m going to kill him!” Ri In fumed.
 
“I’m joining you! And Sunye should know better! What the hell!” Seulgi unnie added in.
 
“It’s over now. I’m going to file for a divorce.  I already moved out.”
 
“Does he know?”
 
“Ani. I did it this morning.”
 
“Where are you staying?” Ri Innie asked me.
 
“With my members.”
 
“Did you go get the papers yet?”
 
“Ani. Can you guys go with me?” They nodded and we headed to the office to get the divorce papers.  It took them two hours to make one.  They handed me the papers and told me to have it signed.  Once I turn it in, it’ll be official.
 
“Do you want us to go with you to the dorms?” Seulgi unnie asked me.
 
“Ani. I can do it on my own. I’ll be fine.” We said our goodbyes and I headed towards the dorm with the files in my hand.
 
Donghae’s POV
 
Today the recording ended early so I decided to go home and rest.  I don’t know why but I felt so angry when I saw Nichkhun holding my wife in his arms yesterday.  Why do I even care? I already called it though. Aish this is so confusing.  I wonder if she’s with Nichkhun again.  I got home and saw that no one was home.  Is she in the room?  I walked into the room and saw that it was empty.  Something’s wrong.  I saw the closet door slightly open so I opened the closet and saw that all Hyejin’s clothes was missing.  It’s not there. What’s going on?!?  Where is she?!
 
I heard the door open and ran out and saw Hyejin standing there with something in her hand.
 
“Where’d you go?! Why is all your clothes missing?!” I asked her.
 
“I moved out.  Here take this.” She handed me the envelope.  What’s in here.  I opened the envelope and saw that it was divorce papers.  What is this?!
 
“Why are you handing me divorce papers? What’s the meaning of this?!”
 
“I want a divorce. I don’t want to be with you anymore. Just sign the papers so I can turn them in. I already signed them.”
 
“I’m not signing it. Why are you even giving me this?!” I raised my voice at her.
 
“I can’t live like this anymore. Just sign the god damn paper.” she told me while rolling her eyes at me.
 
“Ani. I’m not signing it.  This has to do with Nichkhun right?”  It has to be him.  She wouldn’t just want a divorce out of nowhere.
 
“Why are you always bringing Nichkhun into this?! It has nothing to do with him! Stop being so freaking immature!” She yelled at me.  “Just sign the paper please.  I don’t want to fight.”
 
“I won’t sign the papers unless you give me a good reason.” 
 
“I don’t love you anymore. I can’t stand the sight of you.  Looking at you makes me sick.  I don’t want to be involved with you anymore. Is that a good reason enough? Just sign the ing papers and leave me alone from now on.  You can live your life and I’ll live my life.” She told me coldly.  She doesn’t love me anymore? 
 
It’s all my fault. I treated her horribly.  I ignored her when she needed me and I just neglected her.  I hung out with Sunye on top of that.  I knew how she felt with Sunye and I still hung out with her to hurt her.  I even questioned if I loved her or not.  I’ve been a horrible person towards.  I don’t know why but all the memories I had with Hyejin came back to me.  All the good memories and everything that we’ve been through together came rushing to me.  Why didn’t I remember all this before?! Now that I realize that I still love Hyejin, it’s too late.  She wants to leave me.  I guess this is what I can do for her after hurting her so much.
 
“I’ll sign it. I’ll turn it in for us too. I just want you to know that I’m sorry for everything. I’m sorry for treating you bad. I’m sorry for not paying attention to you. I’m sorry for never being here for you.  I just want you to know one thing though, I love you Hyejin. Always and forever.”
 
“Well, it’s too late to say you love me now. Just turn in the paper as soon as possible.  I already told the company so they’ll take care of it for us. Bye Donghae. I hope you have a great life.” She told me for the last time before walking out of my life.
 
After she left, I sat lifelessly in the living room staring at the papers.  It’s all my fault.  If I just ignored what happened and helped her get better then none of this wouldn’t happen.  I’m sorry Hyejin ah.  I hurt you again.  But this time, I know things won’t work out.