Chapter 10

Love is so Bad

 

Donghae’s POV
 
I was lying in bed with Hyejin in my arms and she was still sleeping.  I chuckled.  She must be really tired.  I was thinking of how I should tell everyone the good news.  I got out of bed carefully trying not to wake Hyejin up.  I went to the living room to call my manager.
 
“Hyung?”
 
“De Donghae. What’d you need?”
 
“I have something to tell you.”
 
“Did you get caught in another scandal Donghae?! Aish, this kid.  What did I tell you? How would Hyejin feel?! She’s your wife for god sakes.” I heard hyung lecturing me on the other line.
 
“Hyung, it’s not another scandal I can promise you that.  But it is big news.  Good news to be exact.”
 
“What is it then?”
 
“Hyejin’s pregnant.  I’m going to be a father.  We’re going to be parents.”  I didn’t hear hyung say anything.  It’s been a minute now and hyung still didn’t say anything. “Hyung?”
 
“Sorry. Congrats Donghae! You’re going to be a  good dad. Take really good care of Hyejin from now on because she’ll be more fragile than ever.  When do you want to tell the news to everyone?”
 
“Thanks hyung. I don’t really care.  As soon as possible would be nice.”
 
“Why don’t you do it today during your solo performance? I’ll call the company and tell them and if they say yes, I think you should do that.”
 
“Why didn’t I think of that? Thanks hyung! I’ll see you in a bit.”
 
“Alright Donghae. Congrats again. I’m happy for the both of you.” Hyung hung up on me and I was sitting in the living room smiling to myself.  I can’t believe I’m going to be a father.  I can’t wait to tell the whole world! I hope they’ll be happy for us.
 
“You know you look like a crazy person sitting by yourself while smiling to yourself.” I heard Hyejin’s voice.  I turned to her and saw her leaning on our bedroom’s door while rubbing her eyes.  
 
“I’m just happy that’s all.  I don’t care if I look crazy.”
 
“And why are you happy?” she stopped rubbing her eyes and walked towards me.  Should I tell her? I don’t think I should… it should be a surprise!
 
“I’m going to be a father.” I grinned at her and pulled her into a hug. “Thank you Hyejin ah. If you need anything, just tell me and I’ll get it for you.  And I’m sorry for what happened after the hospital. I was jealous and I won’t let that happen again. I promise. I love you.”
 
“I love you too. Now let’s go get ready for your concert.”
 
Hyejin’s POV
 
We got to the concert hall and Donghae had to leave me to get ready.  I went to go sit at the VIP section and saw Leeteuk oppa’s wife there already.
 
“Hi unnie. Oppa said you were coming and I’m glad you came because I didn’t want to be alone.” Sora told me.
 
“Hi. I hope you enjoy the show.  It’s the best Super Show yet.” I smiled at her.
 
“Wah. Donghae oppa’s so lucky to have such a pretty and caring wife.” she gushed. 
 
The show started… Sora and I were fangirling while the boys were doing their thing.  The second night was definitely better because they have so much more charisma than yesterday.  Plus, they’re more energetic.  Henry and Zhoumi oppa looks great on stage with the boys! They belong up there with the others.  It was Leeteuk oppa’s solo time.  I looked over at Sora and she was spazzing like crazy.  It was cute.  He suddenly walked over to her and brought her up stage.  He gave her a rose and a ring.  He pulled her into a hug after he learned the ring was too big for her.  Kang Sora, you’re a lucky girl!  It was finally Donghae’s solo time.  He didn’t sing yet.  He was just standing in the middle of the stage with the light shining on him.
 
“Hello everybody. Are you guys having a fun time? Well it’s my solo right now. Last night, I took the time to tell my wife how much I love her.  Today, I have wonderful news for you.  Well, you guys probably heard the news that my wife fainted yesterday and was admitted to the hospital.  Fortunately, she’s okay now and she’s doing much better. While I was at the hospital, we received really great news.  Since you guys are the best fans ever, I decided to share this news to all of you guys… Hyejinnie is pregnant! I’m going to be a father.  Please continue on supporting us and loving us.  I’d just like to share that news with you guys.” 
 
Oh. My. Goodness.  This is how he decides to share our news?! This boy.  The crowd went wild after they heard the news.  They were chanting congrats.  The rest of the show went by smoothly.  Sora and I were walking to the guys’ dressing room when I saw a group of fans running over to us.  They were congratulating me and giving me flowers.  How in the world did they get flowers already?!
 
“Thank you.” I bowed to them. “I’m sorry but unnie has to go now. Thank you for everything. I hope you guys had a good time at the concert.” 
 
Sora and I entered the dressing room and saw that only a few members were in the room.  I looked around to see if Donghae was there.  I didn’t see him.  Where is he?
 
“Where’s Donghae?” I asked Sungmin oppa.
 
“He got a phone call from Sunye so he went outside to talk to her.  He told me to tell you to wait for him.”
 
“I see.” I told Sungmin oppa.
 
I walked over to a couch and sat there.  I don’t like it when he talks to Sunye.  I know she helped our relationship but I know for a fact that she’s in love with Donghae.  I feel really insecure when I’m around her.  Everyone loves her.  I found out that Mr. Yang wanted her to be a trainee in YG and debut with 2ne1 as the leader.  I feel that sometimes I’m just a replacement or a rebound.  I feel that I’m not good enough for a lot of things.  And the fact that Donghae talks to her a lot, makes me feel uneasy.  I feel that whenever he’s with her, he forgets about me.  I just sighed to myself.
 
“Why is my baby sighing?” I heard Donghae’s voice asking me and felt someone sitting mext to me.  I looked up to see a smiling Donghae.  I didn’t smile at him though.  I felt mad and sad at the same time.  I think it’s my hormones kicking in.  “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”
 
“I’m fine.” I answered him coldly. “I’m just tired.  You can go eat with the crew. I think I’m just going to head home now. Bye.”  I got up and left the room.
 
I feel like such a brat.  I don’t know why I acted that way.  Maybe this is how he feels when I’m with Nichkhun.  But Nichkhun straight out told me that he sees my as a little sister and nothing more than that.  Sunye, on the other hand, makes it obvious that she’s in love with him.  I walked to the garage and realized that Donghae was my ride. Sigh. What’s wrong with me? Why am I so moody?
 
“Hyejin!” I heard someone screaming my name.  I turned around and saw Donghae running towards me. “What’s wrong? Why are you mad at me?”
 
“I don’t know. I hate it when you talk to Sunye. I don’t know why I hate it but I just do. It makes me feel so insecure. Do you know every time you guys talk, it makes me sad? You tell her everything and I thought I was the only person that you do that to.  And it hate it. It makes me mad.” I started crying and Donghae was shocked with my outburst.   I don’t even why I was crying. 
 
“Babe. Don’t cry. People will misunderstand.” He tried to pull me into a hug but I pushed him away.
 
“Don’t babe me! You think you can call me babe when I’m mad at you?! Don’t touch me you stupid jerk. I hate you!!”
 
“You don’t mean that babe.”
 
“STOP CALLING ME BABE YOU IDIOT. DIDN’T I SAY YOU CAN’T CALL ME THAT?! WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?!” I started crying even louder.
 
“Hyung! What do you think you’re doing?!” I heard Kyuhyun telling Donghae.  Where’d he come from? “Hyejinnie, come here.” Kyuhyun said while he pulled me into a hug.
 
“Tell that idiot to go away. I don’t want to see him.” I told Kyuhyun.
 
“Ba- I mean Hyejin ah, talk to me. Please.” Donghae pleaded with me. I just ignored him and let Kyuhyun comfort me.
 
“Hyung, I think you should just go in first. I’ll take care of her. You don’t want to make her mad or stress while she’s pregnant.  Just go in first.” I saw Donghae nodding his head sadly and he walked inside the building.  After finally calming down, Kyuhyun and I sat down on the floor. 
 
“Thanks Kyuhyun.”
 
“No problem. What happened? Why are you so mad at him?”  I ended up telling him everything.  My jealousy and my insecurities towards Sunye.
 
“I know I’m being childish but that’s how I feel when he’s with Sunye.”
 
“Well, you know that’s how hyung feels when you’re with Nichkhun.”
 
“It’s different.”
 
“How so?” He asked me.
 
“Nichkhun told me from day one that he only sees me as a little sister and that he’ll never like me that way.”
 
“And you believe him?”
 
“De. He meant it.”
 
“Arasso. Well, did you tell hyung how you felt about Sunye?”
 
“Ani. I told him I was okay with it but I’m not.  I know that she’s a close friend of his and I don’t want to control who he hangs out with.”
 
“I see. Well, I think you should let hyung how you feel.  I know that once hyung finds out how you really feel, he’ll stop talking to Sunye.”
 
“I know.”
 
“Plus, hyung seems really heartbroken when you told him you didn’t want to see him.”
 
“I just need my space from him right now.  I don’t feel like talking to him.  I don’t know what’s wrong with me.  I get really irritated easily.  I guess it’s the hormones kicking in.” I sighed.  Kyuhyun just laughed at me which earned him a glare from me.
 
“You want to go in now?”
 
“Ani. I want to go home. I’ll talk to you later. Bye.”
 
Donghae’s POV
 
I didn’t know Hyejin felt that way whenever I’m with Sunye or talking with Sunye.  She told me she was fine with it that’s why I still kept on friendship with Sunye.  Hyejin ah, why didn’t you tell me?  I would’ve stopped this friendship for you.  I feel like such a for hurting her once again.  I’m so inconsiderate.  Why didn’t I see this before?  And now she’s really mad at me.  How am I going to get my wife to forgive me?  I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn’t realize Kyuhyun was sitting next to me.
 
“Where’s Hyejin? How is she?”
 
“She went home.  She said she didn’t feel like eating so she wanted to rest.  She’s better but hyung you really need to stop talking to Sunye.  You can see how hurt Hyejin really is.  Even if she said she’s fine with it, you can see that she’s not.”
 
“I know. It’s just she never told me so I never knew.  Now that I know, I’ll cut ties with Sunye. What do I do now Kyuhyun? She’s really mad at me.”
 
“Just give her some time.  She said she didn’t want to see you right now. So just give her some time to calm down.  She’ll come to you when she’s ready.” I sighed.
 
“I guess I’m staying over at your guys’ dorm today.  I’ve been officially kicked out of our home.”
 
Lee Hyejin… I’m sorry once again.  I keep on hurting you.