Chapter 7

I see you everywhere

 

“It was so close, I’m telling you!”

“Oh poor Jonginnie, I have so much sympathy for you”

“This is such a serious matter!” Jongin voice cut off as he buried his head into his arms and stayed there groaning.

A boy on the other side of Jongin, Yixing, copied his movements but fell asleep instead.

Sehun started to get annoyed with his friends behavior. Rolling up his notebook, he smacked it hard across the back of his head.

“Man up!” 

“Yah!! That really hurts!”

“Think I care? I don’t want to be hearing your problems 24/7, thank you very much”

Jongin looked up with small tears at the corner of his eyes. Sehun turned to face the front once more, going back to what he was originally doing, note taking.

Jongin’s eyes drifted around the room before settling on the window.

‘I wish I sat next to the window…’ His thoughts wondered. Sehun seemed to be the only one in the class who was actually listening as he wrote at Asian speed, being the nerd he was at times.

‘Ha… nerd…’ Jongin laughed out loud. Sehun glanced at him with a strange look on his face.

“Hey, your seriously going coo coo, are you still annoyed over that Butler guy?”

“We almost kissed…” Jongin muttered in a small voice, his voice distant.

Sehun shook his head and went back to note making. Until he thought of an idea. Ripping out a blank piece of paper from his book, he began to start writing in bold letters at the top.

“Ways to win your Girl…?” Jongin read.

“Step 1. Make her laugh.”

“I think I already do that.”

“Then that’s a good start, step 2. Become fun”

“And this means…?”

“What do you do when you go over to her house?”

“Play piano and talk”

“Boring!!” Sehun declared. Their teacher was writing the longest maths equation known to history with half the class sleeping, the other already eating their lunch and the rest talking amongst themselves. The teacher was old.

“What do you suggest then?”

“Well, remember when we used to do that dance club in the second year? How about you dance or something? Blast some music and just go crazy.”

“Mm. I don’t know if h-SHE dances though.” Mentally slapping himself, Jongin still couldn’t believe Sehun was still the oblivious idiot that he was.

“Try it,” Sehuns pencil met with the paper once again.

“Step 3.” Yixing peaked from one eye as the two boys were hunched over a piece of paper.

“Impress her”

Jongin immediately began to think up impressive piano pieces that he knew.

“No piano.”

Jongin squinted his eyes at the boy.

 ‘Telepathy’

“You could sing? Actually no, rap”

“I think singing would melt a girl’s heart better than rapping.” Said a new voice coming from the other side of Jongin.

“Yes, but Jongin singing? Ha! Don’t make me laugh” Jongin glared at Sehun.

“He might actually have a good voice though” the sleepy boy suggested. He had been listening in on the conversation.

“That’s like saying ‘this lesson might be fun’”

Jongin couldn’t really argue. His voice really wasn’t the best…

“Another way to impress: Cooking!”

“Not bad. Never really thought about that but I’d need some practice I think”

“Did someone say cooking?” a louder voice appeared out of nowhere (well, just below them actually) joined in.

“Yeah, for Jongins Girlfriend”

“You have a girlfriend? Is she hot?”

“Well, she’s not my girlfriend yet but we’re thinking up ways to make her like me back.”

The intruder hummed and peeked at the scribbly rushed writing. His light brown hair was partly hidden underneath a white cap.

“If you want, I could give you cooking tips? I’m trying to become a chef when I’m older and I just LOVE food!!” His white teeth blinded the two idiots.

“Really? Thanks! The names Jongin, but I think you know that by now”

“Chanyeol.”

 

 

Jongin held the partly ripped paper in both hands. After Chanyeol had joined their discussion as well as Yixing they started to write down stupid things and after trying to save the poor innocent piece of once neat paper, it already started to have rips near the middle. To make things worse, the bell signaled the end of the first two periods and being the idiot Jongin was, he dropped the paper on the floor just as a hoard of elephants came charging down to get to the door.

He picked up the white bag he had brought with him.

Sighing, Jongin straightened up as he knocked on Taemins door. Expecting the delightful face of the brown haired boy he began to greet as the door opened

“Good afternoon, Tae! I have a few things- oh. It’s you.” 

 Jinki grunted lightly.

“Oh, it’s you” He copied.

There was a moment of silence followed along by a staring contest until a heavenly voice interrupted them.

“Jinki, Jongin, what are you doing?”

Jongin quickly sidestepped past Jinki, meeting Taemin in his usual place on the sofa.

“Hello! How has your day been so far?”

“Tremendously Boring” Taemin said resting his head against one hand.

“Well, isn’t it great that I have arrived then?”

Jinki busied himself in the kitchen, listening in.

“What are we going to be doing today then?”

Jongin grinned even though Taemin couldn’t see it.

“Today’s different. No piano today”

“Really? Are you feeling alright?’ Taemin laughed.

“Would it be okay if I move the coffee table aside for a few minutes?”

“Um, yeah?”

Jongin stood up from the sofa. Taemin could hear the loud screeching of wood against wood and few shuffling.

“Do you like to dance?”

The tanned boy said from a short distance away.

“I haven’t in years but I used to dance a lot when I was younger, why?”

“I want to have some fun with you” the sudden start of music made Taemin jump slightly. Justin Biebers song ‘sorry’ basted loudly from… a speaker?

“Don’t leave me out here” Taemin felt cool hands reach his own, bringing him to his feet. Jongin intertwined his fingers with his own and began to start moving around with their arms in the air.

“Wait, what on earth are you doing?”

“Dancing!”

Jongin had Taemins hands in his own in a position similar to ballroom dancers. Taemin began to laugh as Jongin dragged him around the large space singing very loudly to the lyrics. Jinki had almost dropped a plate when he heard the sudden blast of music.

When it came to the chorus, both boys were screaming at the top of their lungs.

Is it too late now to say sorry? Cause I’m, missing more than just you’re BODY”

Jongin started to jump on the sofa, bringing Taemin up with him as he did so. At first Tae wouldn’t join him as his mother wouldn’t be happy about it. But that didn’t stop Jongin. He started to jump high, laughter bubbling in his throat. He felt like a kid all over again. Taemin could only listen; it sounded like fun. The song was ending soon. Wasn’t it rude trampling over someone else’s furniture? What would Jinki say? What would his mother say?! His thoughts were interrupted with a hard-ish square shaped object hit him square in the face. 

“Hey-?!”

“I can’t be the only one having fun, right?”

The object came flying towards his face once more. Taemin reached for the cushion that Jongin threw, feeling the front of it for a few seconds before jumping up, joining Jongin bringing the cushion back and launching it forwards at the direction of Jongins laughter. Hearing the muffled voice of Jongin made him realize that this was actually pretty fun. The sofa was actually surprisingly bouncy. Jongin hit his own cushion at Tae’s head once more which he soon copied. It turned into a fierce battle as the song decided to change to something different. Jinki rushed into the room to see two boys having the most ‘manly’ cushion fight known to history. Taemins laughter echoed above the music.

“Sir, Jongin, you must get down from the furniture at once!” He shouted.

Both boys ignored the intruder and began kicking each other lightly.

“What would your mother say, Taemin sir? You could get hurt if you fall!”

The music seemed to get louder.

“That’s it; turn the music off right now!! This is very immature behavior”

A sudden large cushion flew into Jinkis face, startling the poor butler.

“It’s only once, why so serious?”

Taemin laughed flinging his cushion hard around his shoulder before bringing it across Jongins face, causing part of his hair to stick out in odd directions. Taemins own hair wasn’t much better.

“The music is way too loud, the neighbors might hear, and this is an old house, what if the floorboards snap with the pressure of all that jumping? What if you slip and fall? The house is practically shaking as it is!! What if the cushions-“

 At that very moment, Jongins cushion tore as it hit Taemins face, causing an explosion of feathers that were stuffed in it to fly around everywhere. Taemins finally tore as it hit the tanned boy’s stomach creating a tornado of feathers to surround them, snowing down.

“-break…” Jinki finished. His face was colorless and his shoulders slumped. Taemin slipped on a puddle of feathers and tumbled onto the floor along with Jongin who had attempted to catch him. A burst of laughter erupted from the two boys as they lay side by side. Feathers stuck out everywhere from their hair and their faces were flushed.

“Wow… That was fun…” Taemin managed to squeeze out between breathes.

“I told you!”

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!” Jinki cried holding a handful of feathers and attempting to stuff them back into the cushion case.

“Miss Lee will snap!! We have to hurry, I’ll deal with you two later, and for now help me gather these feathers”

Unfortunately, a blue car drove down from the old gates towards the driveway. At that point everything was silent.

That is until Jinki went ghostly white and at lightning speed, started to grab chunks of feathers along with Taemin and Jongin. The cushions had to be put on hold for a while…

A piece of partly torn paper rested crumpled in Jongins hand as he looked at the small words written beside Step. 1101.

‘Have a pillow fight’.

 

….

 

“Hmm…. Where are my cushions…?”

 


 

This is very late because my brother broke my computer and I had written this chap up but not saved it by accident and it took ages getting a new Comp and stuff so yeah, sorry 

I have an ending for this fic and its processing so stay tuned XD

 this chap was better before i lost it and had to write it all again so this is from memory and my random mind

Please comment x 

Let me know if i've made mistakes anywhere

Words: 1822