Chapter 2

I see you everywhere

 

It happened when Taemin pushed is teachers temper a little too far…

Taemin hated Tuesdays. He never really knew why but everything bad happened on a Tuesday. Today was one of those days. He missed a step, coming down the stairs, causing him to cut his finger on the side of the banister where the wood was sticking upwards slightly, wacked his head against an open cupboard door when looking around for a plaster in one of the draws in the bathroom and he stubbed his toe on the side of the dining room table. All in 20 minutes straight. This must’ve been a record for sure.

“Honey, sadly your tutor will be coming in tomorrow due to some work issues but he has left some homework for you to do to keep you busy” Taemins mother said gently guiding his hand towards the small book she was holding.

“Okay, thanks” That wasn’t really bad news. Any work was annoying so to have a day off must have been a good thing right? Unfortunately it was a Tuesday. While having a short rest Taemin neck happened to be in an awkward position causing it to be all stiff when he woke up before lunch, during lunch he spilt his tomato soup all down his navy blue top and on his trousers, after changing he stubbed his toe the second time that day. There’s one thing Taemin had in his mind that day.

“It takes real skill to choke on air, fall upstairs and trip over completely nothing. I have that skill…”

Jinki laughed at the young boy.

“Taemin, I’m sure there are people with worse luck. Keep that in mind. I’ll pick you up in 30 minutes, okay? I’ll make sure no one knocks you over next time.”

“Thank you, Jinki.” Taemin sighed dreading last and only lesson that day.

Jinki watched carefully as the brown haired boy shuffled slightly up the path towards the large old house that held very strict piano lessons. Jinki always worried for the young male. He always worried if Taemin would get hurt, if he got lost somewhere or something bad happened while he was gone. You could say Jinki is the worried type.

Taemin entered the room bowing politely at the stern man who shifted his glasses up his nose.

“Lee Taemin. I hope to see a good performance today.” Was all he said before Taemin started playing the piece he had learned the day before. However, it wasn’t long before Monsieur Devil was already dissatisfied.

“Play it again. You missed 5 notes”

After playing it through once more, the dreadful voice spoke with a hint of annoyance.

“You played the wrong notes on section A and on the third line. Play it again.”

Halfway through the piece, his mind went blank on a certain section causing him to pause and hesitantly start pressing keys he guessed would fit well. Every note he pressed made Taemin cringe internally. It wasn’t long until he got stopped the third time.

“It’s G, B, F then C. You should know this already. Play it again.”

Taemin nodded slightly before starting it up again but he had lost the rhythm and the notes lost its speed. All in all, it sounded robotic. And this was the start of a big mistake.

“Boy, this is unacceptable! I have told you four times already about your mistakes but you still don’t listen. This is the worst piece I have ever heard here in my lesson in my 14 years of teaching, what do you have to say for yourself?” He shouted, slamming his hands down on the keys causing Taemin to flinch with the sudden noise.

“I’m sorry sir; I’ll work harder next time”

“Not good enough at all. The other day I said the same thing to you, and the day after that, but you never learn.”

“It’s a lot harder when you can’t even see where your hands are” Taemin muttered without thinking.

Strike one.

“Don’t talk back to me; I’ll have you know that there are many people with disabilities that have amazing talents and work a lot harder, you’re not even trying”

“I’ll have you know that I’m my own person, I’m not like those people”

Strike two.

“Watch your attitude, young man. You don’t want to get me angry.”

“The volume of your voice does not increase the validity of your argument.” Taemin quoted, he was pissed off. He was having a bad day as it was; this man just had to make it worse. Or was it the other way around…?

Strike three.

There are three things Monsieur Bernard hates. 1. People making mistakes. 2. Being talked back to. 3. being wrong.  

Taemin heard the slap before he felt it. Without realizing it, he was already lying helplessly on the ground, the stool turned upright. It was when Bernard was lowering his arm to hit Taemin once more that the door burst open and someone’s voice rang out.

“Stop!” It simply said. Everything was pretty much a blur after that as he felt someone’s hand grab his arm and yank him to his feet before running out the room, his hand held a firm grip.

 

 


 

 

Sehun had a gloomy Jongin to deal with that morning. On certain times, he could often read his best friends mind and guess what was bothering him. However, today, Sehun couldn’t.

“Is it that girl?

Jongin looked towards his friend, confused for a moment before regaining himself.

“Not this time. Hey, Sehun, I’m thinking of moving in with my uncle”

“The headmaster?”

“Yeah, ’that man’ just has pushed it too far. I can’t believe I used to look up to him” Jongin sighed running a hand through his hair.

“Maybe you should try to give him a chance.” The bell went off and both boys packed their bags.

“Believe me, what do you think I’ve been doing all these years? I thought it would stop with all the woman but it’s just got worse”

Sehun patted Jongins shoulder comfortingly.

“If I were you, I would sit him down and have a talk.” He said walking out the classroom along with the rest of the students. Jongin watched his friend leave, thinking. He checked his phone before running out the room and reaching for his bike. He had set his phone to go off 10 minutes before his piano lesson started to see if he could catch that boy he met the other day. His heart hadn’t rested since that evening. This was also an excuse not to go home.

The academy was a good 15 minutes away from his school. The minute he arrived, Jongin checked his surroundings for a black car with a white outline round the windows. It was that boy’s car, he had seen. Unfortunately it wasn’t here. That could mean two things. 1. He was either still here or 2. He had already gone.

Jongin chucked his bike on the floor by the bike rack and jogged inside. A tuff of light brown hair caught his attention from inside Monsieur Bernard’s room. Jongin let out a sigh of relief and a small smile tugged at his lips. The boy wore a plain white shirt and black trousers. His hands hesitated on the keys for a moment before they started moving again. Jongin watched from outside the window of the room. Jongin couldn’t hear anything that they were saying but something seemed slightly off with the way Bernard was scowling. Monsieur started talking and soon after the boy started playing once more. Jongin scanned the brown haired male. His skin was seriously pale and smooth, for some reason he really wanted to touch it. Jongin shook his head, laughing nervously, even though there was no one around him, embarrassment filled up inside him. How could he think that? Suddenly Bernard slammed his hand down on the piano causing the boy to flinch. Monsieur’s mouth was moving at a fast pace. Jongin furrowed his eyebrows, sure, he was strict, but he had never seen Bernard shout so much. There was a short pause before Bernard’s hand lifted up and smacked the boy across the cheek. Jongin gaped as the boy fell onto the floor; a dazed look was evident on his face. Anger erupted inside him and Jongin rushed inside just as Bernard was about to make contact with the boys skin again. He caught his arm and shouted for him to stop before grabbing the boys arm and dragging him out the room.

Jongin wasn’t thinking. His body moved on its own. His anger had taken over him, he hated to see anyone getting hurt, and that was unacceptable. Slowly, Jongin calmed down and made his way outside and around the side of the building. There was a small bench on the left side of the wall where Jongin often sits while he waits for his lesson. Right now, he didn’t want to go anywhere near Monsieur Bernard.

“E-Excuse me…?” A small voice from behind him spoke out. Jongin turned round towards the boy.

“Are you ok? It’s me from the other day; I… accidently knocked you over?” Jongin laughed nervously, scratching the back of his neck.

“Oh, I remember. Um, thank you, for err.. saving me” the boy smiled slightly. Jongin swore his heart stopped for a moment.

“It’s ok, your cheeks really red, does it hurt?” Jongin said slowly bringing his hand towards the boys’ soft cheek and the red area with his thumb. The boy’s eyes stayed unmoving looking off towards the right. He blushed slightly as his thumb his cheek. ‘Cute’ Jongin thought.

“Well… yes, I guess it does.” The boy brought his hand up to Jongins face, slowly tracing over his features. Jongin watched, confused. He stared at the hazel eyes looking off into the distance. Then, he saw it. There wasn’t any light in them.

“Hey, are you… blind?”

The boys eyes looked down and a small sad smile stretched on his face.

“Yeah.”

Jongin looked at the boy before taking hold of the male’s hand, smiling fondly at him.

“Hello, I’m Kim Jongin. Nice to meet you”

The boy looked shocked for a moment before squeezing Jongins hand.

“Taemin. Lee Taemin”

 

 


That horrible teacher! How dare he do that to Taemin! XD 

Please comment (so far they're awesome!!) xx

Word count: 1736