For the best .

Untitled

 

 

 

 

An all so familiar cafe ,  where which we occupied a table .


" I never wanted or meant for things to escalate this way ..  " he trailed off and I kept silent , never meeting his gaze .




I know .



" But ..  " He took a deep breath , preparing himself for the dreadful words I knew were coming next .


" Maybe It's for the best ..  we need to break up..  "



Who said I needed so ?



I nearly choked on thin air , unable to process it.


Even though I have always expected such ending , I was never quite prepared for how it feels .


I was forced on a mental  war as his words evoked conflicting emotions deep inside my heart .

I wanted so bad to plead him with my tears but I found myself staring at my folded hands resting on my lap , staying tightlipped instead .

Maybe I wanted to hide my crestfallen expression , the overflowing despair and disappointment I felt at that moment .

I was starting to get worried they would freely pour out of my eyes and I would have to scatter to the ground , collecting them , afraid people would witness such vulnerable side of me.





 

~ 🔷 ~




It was raining heavily , I thought , my eyes glued to the sight outside . In such weather , any sane person would normally seek shelter , sticking to home , a blanket draped over them and a mug of hot chocolate in their hands , giving them warmth .



But I was in no condition to be considered " sane " .


I grabbed my heavy coat and keys before rushing out like a bright sunny day  was waiting for me .


It was freezing but I wanted it.

I wanted the cold breeze to hit my senses ,  ruthless ,  relentless ,  merciless .



Numb ,  I wanted to feel that as well.


A shaky breath rippled It's way out of my lungs.


Human beings are strange .

One moment they feel hunger ,  the other they cannot stand the idea of eating.


One moment they yearn so bad for something but once they get it ,  that same thing magically starts losing its prior potential to intrigue them .


one moment , they love with every being in them ,  the other they watch the same love wither before their eyes , like it never meant a thing.



A love so deep ,  its end is drowning.


Only then did I understand those words.



Missing you comes in waves tonight and am .. drowning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N 

 

I may and may not write more to this ( like an extended chapter making this drabble something like a teaser for the new chapter ~ ) 

But then again , I noticed I never wrote a drabble so might as well leave it short ~ 

 

So who knows ~ If I get truly inspired to add more , I would definitely extend it ~ 

In the meantime , I hope you enjoy this ~