SPECIAL 01. It's (Not) Fine.

4xU. The ComeBack: AWARD SHOW SEASON!

SPECIAL 01. - It's (Not) Fine.

 

       

(Dannie Note: I don't usually talk before hand, but there is a small, itty bitty scene mentioning Clara drinking, and since she's only 17 at this point, not yet 18 which is the legal drinking age. It's not that serious, but I did want to mention that! Sorry if that freaks anyone out TT^TT)



Tina's 'big project' was something she'd always wanted to do. Acting. She felt bad that she was given the opportunity before JJ, who'd been studying acting for a while, but she figured it wasn't that big of a deal when JJ was overjoyed hearing she was casted. 

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo was a huge production, being a historical drama for a majority of it. The costumes were elaborate and the set was just as breath taking. Tina was a little disappointed that she wasn't the lead, as that was she originally auditioned for. But she was thankful for the role she did have, and she was acting mostly with someone she knew. 

When she had first walked into the reading room for the first episode, her heart dropped to her stomach when she saw 'GiGi' written on the script for the main lead. Of course Tina was informed ahead of time so she could put that information into consideration, but now seeing it in ink, and her former group mate at the head of the table, looking feminine and poised as always, it just gave her a bad feeling.

Then she remembered of all the good stories that she had heard from Naeun. That GiGi supported the group, Naeun's activities, and was apparently excited to find out that she and Tina would be working together. Maybe it'll be okay. At the very least, she'd be cordial and polite.... Right?


About a month and a half into the rehearsal and filming process later, and Tina was genuinely believing that GiGi was nice. She had been nothing but helpful and kind with Tina and everyone else. Whether it was getting things for them while they were rehearsing or filming, helping them with their lines, or even just casual chatter behind the scenes while getting dressed for the next scene.

But that day, it started. 

It began just as Tina expected it to, with her and Baekhyun running over a rather emotional scene and GiGi offered to watch and give some feedback on it. This wasn't something unusual, it happened quite often within the cast and Tina was grateful for all the support in her first acting project. 

Baekhyun had been monolouging with Tina in the background, and reached over to hold her hand, Tina sputtered and snapped out of her thoughts. Oops. She apologized, letting Baekhyun just smile and shrug it off, looking to GiGi for tips and her opinion.

"Baekhyun, you were getting really into it," She flipped the script she had, "Was it because this monolouge reminds you of Taeyeon? I can see how it's easy for you to project that onto Tina, after all ---" GiGi looked up, feeling the tension rise in the room. Baekhyun was looking downward like he'd been kicked in the face, and Tina stiffened.

"Baekhyun, you were great, why don't you get something to drink for us real quick and clear your head, I know that's been a tough scene for you." Baekhyun nodded and scurried out. Only once he had disappeared around the corner did Tina turn to GiGi, hands on hips.

"What are you doing?" Tina got straight to the point. 

GiGi raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean? I'm just stating what I'm seeing." The sweet voice dropped that Tina was used to hearing on set, and it finally occured to her that this was the first time that the two of them were truly alone and out of ear shot of anyone on production or cast. Tina's eyes narrowed.

"I get that, and we do appreciate your feedback," Tina was as honest and kind with her words as possible, after all, she could just be having a bad day. Her gut told her otherwise, but depending on how she responded, she'd take it from there. "But, you've just disturbed the vibe we had going to really make sure we get this scene right. We don't get much time with our schedules and I'm still promoting... It's stressful for everyone, so if you're having a bad day, please. Just be polite or don't offer your help. Okay?"

Tina was taken aback from GiGi's laugh and scoff combo after she finished. "Oh Tina. You're still so nice."

Even more of a twist, but Tina now knew that GiGi was just not having a bad day. 

When she didn't respond, GiGi rolled her eyes, tossing the script onto the table beside them, "You just believe everyone changes for the better, that there's good in everyone. But I'll tell you why everyone's so nice in your eyes." 

At this point, Tina was beyond dumbfounded. All the stories that Naeun was saying that she was still selfish, but had genuinely moved past her bratty streak seemed like lies and hot air for GiGi's ego at this point. 

"People are only interested in you because you're pretty and have a famous cousin." GiGi paused before laughing again, "Oh man, and you're acting as the wife of her ex. Yikes, I can't imagine what she thinks of this." 

"Taeyeon doesn't care." Tina shot back. She had worried about Taeyeon's reaction, so she had made sure to make sure she had sat both of them down and discussed this with them. That way no one got hurt. Maybe a little annoyed or jealous, even anxious, but no one would be slighted. 

Gigi followed up, "And you're sure about that?"  Her smug face was really getting on Tina's nerves. Was this what Sangmi felt like everytime she saw GiGi's face? No wonder she's always in such a bad mood after. 


If GiGi thought this petty tactic was going to work, Tina had bad news for her. "Yes. Both Baekhyun and myself have talked to her about this. They don't hate each other, you know. And if this is some petty tactic to get into my head and mess with me and my group, then I'm actually going to love to break this to you: It's not going to work."

"Okaaaay," GiGi seemed nonchalant, as if she hadn't spent the last five minutes taunting her, "Even if you guys are on good terms... The fans always find their own conclusions." 

Just as Baekhyun came back into the room with two water bottles, GiGi just waved and set off, saying, "Sorry, I think my stylist needs to make some adjustments to one of my costumes." and left both of them there.

"Hey," Baekhyun asked gently, seeming much better after the walk he took, "You okay?"

Tina looked after GiGi. Would this be fine? 

"....Yeah. I'll be fine." 
 



Tina would be lying if she said that GiGi's words about the fans hadn't bothered her. She wished that she could just let it go, but "their own conclusions" kept ringing in her head. It didn't help the looks she'd give behind people's backs when she and Baekhyun were together. It was beyond irritating and she hated not knowing.

Usually she wouldn't do this, but she had to know. She picked up her phone and browsed the fan pages and gossip portals for the drama involving all groups, just to make her feel better. After all, if it's not just her getting flack for being around someone, then she should be okay.

It... It was just her. Her eyes widened as she scrolled through the topics and comments. The last time she had checked, it was when she was first announced as a cast member and the overwhelming praise and congratulations given to her was all she could see. Obviously, it drowned out all of these other comments and once the initial hype had died down, they all jumped on the bandwagon. 

"Oh gosh, we can pretend Baekyeon is still alive since Tina looks so much like Taeyeon.... Ugh, why can't it be Taeyeon TT^TT??"

"I hope acting proves to be useful for tina, since the group doesn't really need her..."

"Baekhyun doesn't look like he's acting... He must be imaging Tina is Taeyeon. It's not hard since Tina looks so much like Taeyeon lolol"

"Tina should be thankful she has Taeyeon as a bridge to the industry, otherwise she'd never be anywhere."

"Does anyone else think that Tina's nose looks different...? I think she may have had some work done for the role to look more Korean." 

"Did you hear that GiGi and Tina both auditioned for the main role, but GiGi beat Tina for it... Well, it's not the first time GiGi's been more successful than her..."

Page after Page and comment after comment she read, trying to find something on others but a majority of it was centered around her, Baekhyun, and Taeyeon. There was even things like this on the 4xU's fancafe's main page. It kind of hurt to see her fans thinking so low of her. Was this really what the public thought?

She exited out of the internet, shaking her head. So there's a lot of hate and ugly things online. People say that all the time because they can get away with it. They're just petty. She nodded, texting N good night before she got up to wash her face. 

It's Fine.



Barely a week later and It's not Fine. The rumors spreading about Tina and Baekhyun dating were like wildfire, and it couldn't be put out. People were making theories that were from his pre-debut period and while she was at school. So Tina obviously knew about his presence then, but her priority was her schooling and at that point she had been interested in Hakyeon. 

Of course, she couldn't very well come out and say that. This intensity of this rumor had definitely taken a toll on Tina mentally, she felt more distracted and aware of every little action or interaction she had with any male actor, but especially Baekhyun. She knew she had no reason to react this way, but she just didn't want the fans to get any more ideas and she definitely didn't want N to get the wrong idea.

Hakyeon was patient and kind as always though. "It's fine, darling." He had insisted over the phone late on night. 

Tina bit her lip. "Are you sure? I don't want you to think --"

"I know." He cut her off. "Sorry for interrupting, but you're overthinking. It's okay. We anticipated these things to start popping up in both our careers eventually. I've never doubted your love for me, just as you haven't for mine. Of course I'm a little jealous because I wish it was me they were talking about instead," He ended up admitting, "But, like I said, it's to be expected with our career."

Tina really wished it wasn't.

A couple weeks went by and while there was still a slight buzz about "Baekna" as fans dubbed it, they'd settled down. Tina even had hope that it'd just disappear, and GiGi was being normal. (Well, as normal as normal could be. Tina wasn't about to let her guard down anytime soon.) 

Tina was at home, reading her script over for the next episode, when her phone went off. It was Ahyoung, a publicist of Woollim. She raised an eyebrow. What on earth did Ahyoung want?

"Tina," The woman sounded like she was in a frenzy, "I know there's a rational explanation for this, but fans are not rational beings."

"What are you talking about? What happened?" Tina sat up, script falling to the floor. 

"I need you to stay on the phone with me, but check GiGi's Instagram." 

Tina felt her heart drop, but she followed instructions as she was told. She felt tears well up as she saw what had been posted. 

GiGi had a very pretty selfie posted up, and if that's all you saw, then you'd easily just scroll past it. But it was what fans caught in the background that was causing a stir. 

It was herself and Baekhyun practicing a particularly romantic scene, being close, holding hands, and Baekhyun tilting her head. It was also angled so that you couldn't see one of the other actors holding the script and observing them. It just looked like they were being romantic. 

"...Oh my god." Tina managed to get out, feeling tears beginning to fall as she saw the demands of fans asking for GiGi to confirm Baekna, or now coming to various other 4xU social media and demanding Tina come forward with her dating life. The notifications and comments seemed endless. 

"It was just as rehearsing a scene, I swear Ahyoung!" Tina insisted, and she heard the older woman sigh. "Good, that's what SM is planning to release as well. We'll get right on it. Don't worry Tina, it'll blow over. Just be weary of GiGi from now on, she seems to just stir the pot, whether it be unintentional or not." Ahyoung sounded just as doubtful as Tina felt about GiGi's intentions, but she agreed, thanking Ahyoung for her quick action against the rumors. It made her feel a lot better.

Despite her knowing it'd just lead to her being upset, Tina checked fan forums to see how the rumors were dying down. She just wanted to make sure that they weren't being horrible.

What she found, in her opinion, was worse. 

Threads of theories of Tina's dating past were all over social media, being shared and liked by the thousands. There were various suspects for her potential boyfriend, but hte most popular were Baekhyun (unsurprising), Key, Hyuk, and N. Whether they were currently dating to being an ex of hers, it was out in the public and people were demanding and prying into her personal life. What made it worse was many of these threads had photographic evidence. 

Usually photos didn't bother Tina. She had plenty taken of her in her early debut years, some paparazzi during hiatus, and now it was kind of hectic because of the subunit's overnight success. But she the more she looked at these photos that these fans had gathered, her blood ran cold when she realized many of the ones with her and Hakyeon were when they were on their hiatus/post disbandment. As in, she wasn't famous and these photos were very personal. None that were too damning, of course, but there were a lot that suggested one of her friends being constantly stalked and ended up exposing her private life now. 

She hated this. Fans were going too far and it felt like they were picking apart her entire life. Heck, even people who claimed they were classmates with her in college were telling personal stories about what they believed to be her dating life or lack thereof. 

This wasn't fine.



It took a phone call to Su-chin that ended in desperation and pleading to find a week of break. No promotions, no rehearsals, practices, no filming or recording. Tina could hide away from the world and had even turned off her phone and hidden it in Chase's room so she wouldn't be able to access it easily. However, even having some much needed alone time wasn't enough to keep her mind from whirling from everything going on. 

So she did something that always relaxed her mind. There she was, alone and free to do anything, and Tina was frantically doing chemical balance equations at the table while playing a few podcasts about new breakthroughs in the science field on her phone. Since everyone was away practicing for the group comeback or their own future units, she could do whatever she wanted. 


So crying a little while doing science would be fine, right?

She could always pretend that she was doing that to find context within a equation for tear's compound makeup, after all, Tina doubted anyone really knew what that meant. Not that they weren't intelligent, but she didn't think that any of the members would know about tears compound makeup off the cuff. 

So she let them spill over, occasionally blurring her vision and wetting the page as she kept going. 

"....Unnie?" 

Tina's head snapped up, eyes clearing up just enough to make out the small petite form of the youngest. "Oh geez, Clara... shouldn't you be at rehearsal? What's wrong?" Tina wiped her eyes, frantically trying to erase the remaining traces of sadness. If anyone didn't deserve to have this unloaded onto them, it was Clara. 

"I've got really bad cramps this month..." Clara blushed, rubbing her stomach area. Tina sighed, nodding in understanding. "I get it, I'm sorry dear. Do you need anything? Chocolate, pain killers, beer?" As she spoke, the older girl went over to the fridge and cabinets, settling out various things for her and pulling out two beers in the process. 

Tina turned to Clara who looked wide eyed at the two cans. "...Does beer help?"

"I don't actually know," Tina sighed, popping one of them open, "But I definitely could use one right now." 

"I'm not legal yet..." Clara softly reminded, her eyes downcast. Tina wanted to smack herself. She didn't want their youngest to think she was pressuring her. "I'm not going to force you or anything, okay? I just hate drinking alone, so is it alright if I just sit a beer out in front of you and get you a glass of water? I can imagine you're drinking it with me." 

Clara seemed more comfortable with this option, nodding slowly as Tina set them up at the table, pulling out another beer for herself. She could handle two.

The two sat in silence, Tina still working on her equations while drinking and Clara sitting next to her, quietly sipping her water. 

"Uhm, unnie?" Clara's voice almost seemed scared to speak up, and Tina immediately looked up, setting the can down and putting her full attention on the younger. 

"Yeah?"

"I know that... That I won't be much help..." Clara squirmed, "But... are you okay? Is there something I can do?" 

And Tina broke. Sure, she had people tell her it was fine, that it'd all blow over -- but she can't remember anyone, not even Su-chin or Hakyeon, asking if she was okay. So she started crying, uttering nonsense and a word or two, still drinking the beer.

She recalled seeing Clara looking a bit taken aback, but what Tina wasn't expecting was for Clara to grab the beer from her and chug the remains before looking like she was about to puke. It would've been funny if Tina hadn't been so upset. 

Soon she heard Clara on the phone, stuttering about how Tina needed "adult help" that she wasn't really prepared for and apologizing for drinking a beer before she was legal and that she wouldn't touch it again, all while Tina opened another beer and chugged it. She began to calm down as she breathed inbetween the phone call and drinking more.

Su-chin appeared soon after, sitting next to her and looking worried. 

"You don't usually drink, and you definitely wouldn't cry in front of Clara unless something was really bad. What's going on?" The older Chinese woman asked, careful not to touch the half-Viet woman unless she gave her a green light. 

Tina let herself slump in her seat. She took a deep breath, "Well..." And she spilt everything: GiGi's comments, the fans on social media, the endless comments and notifications bombarding her and demanding to make a statement, and the harrassment even spreading to the rest of the suspected boyfriends and exes, even the pictures from the past that shouldn't even exist being published everywhere.

"All because of a stupid drama and a picture," Tina sobbed, "It's not fair! Not only am I being harrassed, but my friends are and so is Hakyeon..."

Su-chin sighed, "I can't imagine what you're going through. I've said before that it'll wash over in a few weeks and to hang in there, but I was being ignorant to how badly it could affect your mental health to be constantly having your private life on blast. I know how much that means to you. I'm sorry that I wasn't more observant."

"No, no, it's fine," Tina rubbed her eyes, "With all the things happening, I can't expect people to notice everything. It's just... a lot."

"No matter what, I think you'll be okay." Clara offered, standing by the table and twisting a lock of hair around her finger, biting her lip a little. Tina managed a smile, pulling an empty chair closer to her, "Come here, dear, sit down... Thank you." She said, opening her arms for a hug, which Clara fell into. The older could feel the relief from the younger one. She was probably worried. Tina the younger's hair as she held her, still crying but definitely more in control. 

"Of course it'll be okay, we'll go and beat up everyone in the world if we gotta!" Tina swung her head around, her eyes wide as she saw the rest of the members gathered at the entrance of the dorm, cases of beer and soda in hand as well as some snack food for the lot of them. 

Sangmi opened a beer and joined the table, and soon enough the table was filled with drinks and food while surrounded by the group. "Listen," Sangmi spoke up, "I think we all get it. It's not easy. We all have things we'd like to keep a secret from fans for the time being. You're not ashamed, just wanting to enjoy a bit more of normalcy in an area of your life before sharing it." 

A few members nodded as Sangmi spoke, taking a drink or a handful of food.

"No matter what," Venus said after swallowing, "We're going to support you. We're in this together, and I'm just saying if you need GiGi beat up I've already got something --" 

"Leeeet's not do that, if you say anything I won't be able to testify for you in court." Su-chin interrupted, taking a can as well. Tina smiled, feeling a little more reassured. It was hard, but she wasn't alone. She had to remember that. 

 



The following week felt amazing and productive for Tina. She had the most supportive groupmates and sisters, plus her manager was great at taking time for them. All the boys that were involved in the rumors were letting it roll off their shoulders, especially Baekhyun and Hakyeon. Tina had actually found the courage to pull Baekhyun aside and tell him that she was in a relationship. He had grinned and told her that he hoped they were happy and he'd make sure to be on the look out for any more trouble for her in the future.

All in all, she felt safe and could actually respond with "fine" when someone asked how she was doing. She even did it to GiGi's face when she asked how she was when she came back, a smile so bright that GiGi looked almost peeved. 

Good. That girl could fall off a bridge and smell like dirty pond water for the rest of time. She deserved that for the trouble she's been stirring up for Tina. 

The last day of the week rolls around and filming is finished up for the time being, as a few actors had another project they needed to do script readings for. Tina and Baekhyun were the last to finish filming, breathing a sigh of relief when the last cut was called. "Thank you, you've been great!" They chorused, laughing as they ran off set to change. 

"Have a good break, Tina! If 4xU finds themselves bored, I'm sure I could gather my group and we could all hang out!" Baekhyun waved as he saw his manager pull up in the car. Tina waved, "We'll see, I think we might just be sleeping, it's been super busy lately! I'll run it by them though! Bye, get home safely!" 

As Baekhyun's car drove away and she waited for Su-chin, her phone rang. She was expecting it to be her manager, telling her when she'd be arriving with the car, but was pleasantly surprised to see that it was none other than her boyfriend. 

"Hey love." Tina answered, glancing around to see if there was anyone around. There wasn't, thankfully. 

Hakyeon's voice was a welcome change from set. "Hey, how was filming today?" 

"Good, really good actually! This episode will be veeery interesting. You are watching the show, right?" Tina teased. Hakyeon faked a gasp, "How dare you accuse me of not being supportive of every little thing my beautiful girlfriend does!" 

Tina laughed, "I'm teasing~ What's new with you?" 

"I've got nothing major to complain about besides the boys being well, the boys," He chuckled, "I'm just missing you and wondering when you're next free. It's been a while since we've been on a date." 

Tina saw Su-chin's familar blue car pull up to the sidewalk, and heading towards there while talking about her next free day and when he had time in his schedule. 

"Mmmm, we can work out the details later, okay?" Tina spoke, "Su-chin's here and I'm not going to be much of a conversational partner once I sit down..."

Hakyeon laughed, "Okay okay. I love you!"

"I love you too, see you soon!" She responded, tucking her phone away as she opened the door to the passenger side of the car.

Su-chin smiled, "Was that the boyfriend?"

Tina laughed and nodded, climbing in and shutting the door behind her. She buckled in and after having a brief discussion about her day, she drifted off. 
 




Tina didn't know what she was expecting, but it certainly wasn't this. Within the day of finishing up filming, this situation had reached new heights. 

Fans (anti or otherwise, she wasn't sure) had been stalking the filming site, trying to find evidence supprting or disproving the rumors about Tina. They had stayed so late, that they had even caught Baekhyun and Tina walking out together. But that wasn't the most damning part about this update.

They had a recording of Tina's phone conversation with Hakyeon. You couldn't hear who it was on the other line, obviously, but the conversation wasn't exactly one you could brush off as friendly. The video even clearly had Tina's "I love you" and Su-chin asking about the boyfriend. How they had even managed to attain such a high quality video was beyond Tina's understanding. She was sure she had been alone...

Regardless of that, the video and speculations and demands were being made more frantically than ever.

"What am I gonna do?" Tina hung her head in her hands that morning, looking at the notifications on 4xU's social media rolling in at top speed. On top of this, GiGi recently had an interview about her role in the drama and had been asked a few questions about dating or flirting on set. 

Sangmi came storming in, coffee in one hand and phone in the other. "We can start by somehow murdering her and getting away with it." She all but slammed her phone on the table, revealing a video of GiGi.

Tina paled and swallowed nervously. "...Is that from the interview she did today? About the drama?"

"Oh it was about drama alright, and she for sure pulled out some of the acting stops, but none of it was professional by any means." Sangmi growled, pressing play for her.

The interviewer asked, "Is there any kind of behind the scenes flirting or unexpected chemistry?"

"Well there is... Oh never mind, I don't want to cause anymore trouble than I did last time." GiGi passed, looking a tad upset about it.

"Oh, is this about the rumor that started with your photo on social media?"

"Yes," GiGi nodded, "I had no idea they were behind me, I swear! If I had known, I wouldn't have ever used that one."

"So are you saying there's potential that Baekna is real?"

"Oh, I wouldn't know," GiGi shrugged, looking away innocently, "But I definitely think that there's something there. Fans aren't blind, right? If not that, then surely something else, hm?"

There was about three minutes more of this, Tina saw, but she paused the video. "I'm... I'm going to go to bed." She took her glass of water and headed to her room, locking the door.

It's Not Fine.
 



The trick was supposed to work. Going about her normal routine, pretending not to be affected, she even cleared it up in an interview that she wasn't dating anyone on set and if she were seriously dating someone, she would tell the fans. Tina had made sure to text Hakyeon and assure him that it wasn't anything personal. Again, he said it was to be expected in their line of work. She hated this.

Fans however, were becomign more and more ruthless. Thousands of notifications came from the boy's fans, demanding that she stop using her looks to get attention, that if she was dating one of them, to leave their preferred boy out of this. That it was her fault for the drama in the first place. 

It didn't help even with all the boys speculated in the rumors (including Hakyeon after talking about it) insisting that they'd tell their fans if they were dating, and asking their fans to stop harrassing Tina about her relationship status. If anything, it riled them up even more. Soon enough, hate was coming in for the group as a whole, pointing out that the girls were waaay too clsoe to popular boy groups and were trying to use that for more press and attention. 

Anti-fans were even starting to make threads dedicated to 'exposing' 4xU, saying they were liars and brought up many different things of all the member's pasts in order to validate their point.

"Who'd want to support a group of liars???"

Tina couldn't take this anymore. She made a call for her and for the group.

It was time for a group meeting.

 



Friday, 11am. Woollim had announced the press conference, mentioning that they'd be addressing the recent harassment of 4xU and specifically the status of member Tina. Reporters and a few fans were there, most of the latter begging for the group not to disband again. Cameras were going off everywhere and reporters were recording every owrd spoken by the CEO and representative before letting Tina speak. 

As the representative turned it over to Tina to announce her decision and say something, Chase was genuinely crying in JJ's arms as her best friend spoke. 

"I have made a decision that was not only difficult for me, but for the entire group." Tina began, clearly upset and having tears fall already, "But due to the seemingly neverending harrassment that has hurt not only myself, but several friends and my group, I have found myself in a corner. I never considered this an option but I can not sit here and do nothing as everyone I care about is being bullied because of something I caused."

Sangmi sat there quietly, her posture composed but her face reading murder. Her fists were tightly clenched and she looked about ready to punch whoever said anything before Tina was done.

"It is with great regret and sadness that I announce my withdrawl from 4xU... permanently." Tina announced, causing a small uproar from the supportive fans, "As well as a withdrawl from the entertainment industry for the time being. I would like to apologize to our fans who have been so loyal for disappointing them with another member leaving. I hope you understand this isn't about the group, the company, or you. It is about myself and needing to have some space. As you know, there have been relentless rumors from not only fans but idols. I would like to take this time to address them as well,"

Clara was in the middle of Venus and Sophie, all three of them interlocking hands quietly. Clara was attempting not to make more of a scene, while anyone close enough to understand Catonese could hear Venus muttering every curse word and phrase she could think of, aiming them towards GiGi and the rude fans who had caused this.

"I understand there that were several instances where it looked like I was involved with someone," Tina continued, "However, I can assure you at this moment that I am not seeing that person. Rumors are just rumors, no matter how many facts you have. Despite this, however, I have been pushed into a spotlight where I did not want to be, and ended up dragging people I cared about with me into it as well. That being said, I am not blaming them. I am calling out those who encouraged such rumors and even went so far as to start bringing others into this."

Naeun sat closest to Tina, and looked dead to everyone. The usual beauty was too upset and couldn't find any emotion to express. She wouldn't know what could be appropiate to feel anyways.

"I would like to remind those that were involved in this, specifically those who spread the rumors, that we idols are humans as well. We are not robots and can and will take offense to what you are saying. Despite you thinking it might have been funny or inconsequential, I'd like for you to consider what's happening today. Because it isn't funny, and it does have consequences. Aside from this," Tina took a deep breath, "I will be continuing my support and love of the girls behind me today from wherever I may be. Again, my departure isn't because of the girls, the company, or any of the fans who have been the light in the darkness these past couple of months with their kind words. I would like to thank them for supporting me, and encourage you to support 4xU just as I will. You have given me so much joy these past couple of years, it's been an honor performing for you. It's been an honor performing with these girls who I've come to call my sisters. I love you all so much, and I will always be here if you need me. Thank you." She said, politely refusing to take any questions and sitting down, hugging Naeun and whispering to her.

"It's not your fault, please please do not think you are to blame." She said, letting go of the dead faced girl and opting to hold her hand as she let the representative take questions. 

"What about 4xU's comeback? What will happen?"

"We will be giving the older members a break to rest with no official schedules besides the ones they've already promised to complete. The younger unit might debut sooner depending on our next few meetings discussing what to do moving forward."

"But will the group move forward as seven? Will you add another member or even more?"

"That is for the girls to decide. If we find someone or some others that they unanimously want to add to the group, then it'll be done. If they'd rather try it as seven first, then we'll continue forward with 4xU as a seven membered group. The company's top priority since the girls have reunited is to make sure our girls, including the now former, are taken care of and can have a successful year in 2017."

 



UPLOADED/SHARED ON 4xU's INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, ETC.:


''TO OUR DEAREST TINA: You will always be loved and supported by us and the fans. We're sad to see you go, but we know you will do incredible things in the world! We hope that your message speaks to those involved and is impactful among those who needed to hear it. With much love as our hearts can give - 4XU"

Posted on GIGI's social media:

'THE 23RD YEAR: 2017.'

 

Author's Note
Just for reference, this all spans out over a couple months -- so it doesn't happen all at once, but it gets bigger each time it happens. 

I wasn't sure how to go about this, but I figured introducing GiGi as more of a controversial character would be a great start? Aaaah I'm so unsure of this chapter I'm sorry if it doesn't seem like a good enough reason to leave a group??? I have seen people from both boy and girl groups leave because of dating rumors and harrassment, so I just.. went with it? Again, I apologize if it wasn't good enough or seemed overboard... I didn't know ;;; 

This is goodbye to Tina, our beloved Beauty. Hopefully this chapter will inspire some people to turn in applications for the Swan Princess plotline (pleeeease, I'd love to see them!!!!!!), but I've made a few decisions about what to do with the group before then, so please look forward to that! I've been plotting and planning while moving, and now that we're (officially!!) settled in, I can get back to more consistent updates. :) Thanks everyone!!!
blue_gem_diamond_jewel.png