Chapter 38: On Her Terms

When Life Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was so unexpected that his mind didn’t even have time to register what this moment meant. 

“Haneul!”

He tried to return to her side but a sudden impact coming from his right shoved him roughly across the hall and away from the bedroom. His body is pushed up against the wall – each time he reached out to shove the two intruders away from him, they would send blows to different areas of his body. 

Following the sight, downstairs began to also get loud due to some commotion.

Recovering from her shock, Haneul staggered forward – 

“You won’t be of any help.”

That voice.

Just the sound of her voice was enough to bring Haneul feeling an overwhelming sense of dread. 

Unsticking her feet, Haneul tries to run forward to get out of the bedroom. From behind, she felt a push that easily tosses her across the hall and against the railing. The only barrier that prevented her from dropping to the bottom level of the home. She falls to the ground as throbbing spreads across her back. Using her arms, Haneul shakily sits up and she finally meets Jeeun.

“Oh goodness, humans are so fragile.” She comments as she lowers herself to meet Haneul face to face. “I’m in a better mood now that I know you haven’t actually been turned.”

“Jeeun!” Mino yelled as he continues to fight off the two vampires. 

Both Haneul and Jeeun turned their head in the direction of Mino’s voice. A sigh leaves from Jeeun’s lips – “Well, I don’t mind him seeing.” She says to herself softly. 

Her hand darts out to grab Haneul by her hair and the young woman lets out a soft sound of surprise due to the shot of pain. Tightening her grip, Jeeun forces Haneul to meet her eyes. 

“The more I look at you, the more unimpressed I become.”

“Then why are you wasting your time with me?” Haneul questions back softly. 

Her wonder urges a sly smile upon Jeeun’s lips. “Because it would mean hurt for him. So, aren’t you going to beg for your life?” She sneered.

“Will that make you satisfied?” Haneul questions back calmly. Too calm for someone that was in such a sticky situation and the sight only infuriated Jeeun more. 

“I will make you fear me.” 

Bringing her free hand up, Jeeun drags her fangs across the smooth of her skin. Just as the young woman begins to see the red starting to spill over, Jeeun forces Haneul’s mouth open. Realizing what Jeeun had in mind, she presses her lips together and struggles against the woman. 

The entire time, Mino never took his eyes off of Haneul. And upon the sight, he only fought harder but his efforts were futile. She planned this and she planned it well. 

Jeeun drags her open cut across Haneul’s lips and forces any amount of blood she could into . “Swallow it.” She snarled. 

As Haneul’s begins to choke, that was the moment Jeeun’s smile returned to her face. 

It was done. 

Staring into Jeeun’s eyes, Haneul watches as her pupils turn from red to brown and back to red. It flickered like a light bulb near its end. 

“I don’t care what happens to me after this, even if this is the last thing I do – “ She doesn’t care if she completely loses her mind. This was worth it. “You listen to me and you listen to me good. Every time you look at Mino, there will only be hate.” Her voice that held such a strong tone suddenly shifts to one that demonstrated desperation. “Every touch from Mino will bring searing pain.” Jeeun snarled. “And do me a favor, dear – every time your heart feels some sort of affection for him…”

Just as Jeeun finishes her final command, Mino finally frees himself.

Reaching Jeeun, he heaves her aside, sending her body crashing through the bedroom wall and away from Haneul. “Did she bind you –“ Just as he touches Haneul, the young woman lets out a shriek so full of pain that he had no choice but to let her go. 

Haneul grasps her hand and hugs it to her chest. The burning pain was so severe that it brought tears to her eyes.

“Haneul.” 

“Don’t touch me.” She begs softly while wary of his presence. “Please.”

Haneul had reacted like that to him once and he didn’t ever think it would happen a second time. He thought they were past that. Kneeling down, his hands immediately stop midair the same second she flinched. “…Where are you hurt?” 

Recovering from Mino’s push, Jeeun stands up and allows bright laughter to hit the air. No moment would ever beat this one – she thought.  “Mino, remember what you told me.” 

Meeting Chanhyuk by the window, they took off together without a single care about the damage they left behind.

But, Mino couldn’t let it end like this. 

Following after them through the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter