Chapter 33: The Unexpected

When Life Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Entering the home, Mino steps towards the living room and immediately, he notices the soft breathing coming from the couch. 

“She had fallen asleep while waiting for you.” Jinwoo says as he greets Mino from the back door. “Why did it take you so long?”

“I couldn’t decide what to get her.” Mino answers dismissively. “Did she eat anything yet?”

“There are only blood bags.” 

“She’s like a pet I have to look after.” Mino jokes. 

“She’d be upset with you for referring her to such.” 

Looking down at the filled plastic bag in his hands, Mino turns around to put it into the fridge. “When she wakes up, let her know about these sandwiches for me, Jinwoo.”

“Why can’t you tell her?”

“I’m going to step out for a bit.” Mino responds without providing an explanation.

Jinwoo turns around to see the sun starting to set. “Where are you planning to go at this time?” 

This wasn’t going to be easy, after all. “…Jinwoo, where are the others?” 

“Outside.” Jinwoo turns in the direction of the rest and it left him open and unguarded. Or was it because he didn’t ever think he needed to defend himself against Mino?

Without warning, Mino’s hand darts out and covers Jinwoo’s mouth. The older tries to fight back only to gain blows into his stomach. Heaving Jinwoo over his shoulder, Mino dashes up the stairwell and throws him into the empty bedroom. 

“Ugh – you bastard.” Jinwoo attempts to get up while Mino closes the bedroom door.

This wouldn’t keep him in for long so Mino needed to hurry and leave – 

“You made Jinwoo curse at you.”

Mino freezes while maintaining a tight grip on the doorknob so that the eldest wouldn’t be able to open the door. He looks over to find Taehyun along with Seungyoon and Seunghoon, standing at the end of the hall. 

Mino didn’t account for their appearances.

Their attention goes over to the stairs as Haneul was also alerted by the ruckus. Looking between Mino and the small group, she knew she had picked a perfect time to have woken up. “What’s going on?” Did she somehow miss a fight?

Finding no better question to ask, Seungyoon looks in Mino’s direction, hoping to also hear an answer to clear up the air.

“Alright.” A smile breaks across his face. “I didn’t quite think it through.” He was quick to admit his faulty planning. 

“Mino.” Seungyoon presses for some clarity. 

“Blame, Jinwoo.” Mino responds. “It’s because it was so hard to get rid of him.” The door loudly thumps as Jinwoo throws his body against it.

“Put the jokes aside.” Seungyoon blankly says. 

“Don’t interfere.” The smile on Mino’s face falls. “If you promise that, I will tell you.”

“That doesn’t comfort us.” Seunghoon points out. “And it doesn’t explain anything.”

“I need to end what I started – by myself.”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter