Chapter 17: The Strange Feeling in the Air

When Life Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It started quite normally.

Mino smiling at her brightly and like usual, he was awfully charming. 

Then the next second, everything would change. Mino would turn back to look at her with bright red eyes. His smile would twist into a scowl and sharp fangs would appear along with a look of hunger. He darted forward and just as he was about to reach her neck, Haneul awoken in a start.

Her eyes snapped open as she swallowed a lump in . Her hand reached up to touch her pulsating chest where her heartbeat raced. Realizing it was only a nightmare, her breathing managed to slow down as she blinked away her drowsiness.

Her eyes began to focus and Haneul looked over for the time. She had beaten the alarm and knowing there was no way she would be able to sleep once more, she got out of bed to prepare for the day.

While the soreness in her limbs has started to diminish, it was still noticeable. Looking at herself in the mirror while brushing her teeth and washing her face, her pale complexion is highlighted. Leaning forward, she took a closer look at her features.

Was she starting to get sick?

Eating breakfast and making coffee also proved difficult – in general, just moving made her breathless. If the thought of piling assignments didn’t take priority, Haneul would have considered another day off from classes.

Gathering the last of her belongings, Haneul opened her front door. The person standing in front of the apartment across from her own quickly stole her attention and also reminded her of the memories of her awful nightmare.

“Good morning.” She offered her greetings but failed to give him a smile.

Mino didn’t seem like he was in such a good mood either. “…You don’t look well.”

 “I don’t feel all too great.” Haneul chuckled weakly.

Mino goes silent for a moment – “Come on, I’ll take you to school.” He walks off without waiting for her answer. But in her state, Haneul was thankful. She wasn’t looking forward to taking public transportation on a day such as this.

Following him down to the garage, Haneul stopped before a sleek black sedan. 

“What are you waiting for?” Mino’s calm voice snaps Haneul back.

Pulling the door open, she slid inside. Being in the sudden environment causes her to stiffen up. It wasn’t entirely uncomfortable but it was still strange. Fortunately, the ride wasn’t too long. Since stops didn’t need to be made like buses would have to, they easily made it to school. 

Instead of parking like Haneul thought he would, Mino stopped at the curb in front of the University.

“You’re not going to class today?” She took the time to ask.

“I got some fun plans.” He said instead with that enchanting smile she always witnessed on his lips.

Nodding her head, Haneul thanked him before getting out of the car.

Mino pulled away and drove off – leaving her to stare after the car. Surely, it wasn’t just her imagination.  Despite the smile, there was something off-putting with Mino’s behavior. 

***

“Haneul, hurry in.” Hanbin greeted her with a smile the moment she stopped before the door. “We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter