Chapter 16: Don't You Ever Forget

When Life Began
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Is her blood as good as mine?” Despite how tense the situation is, Jeeun still manages to keep such a casual atmosphere. She had always been like that. Ignored everything because nothing took more priority over her own desires. 

Mino felt his body stiffening. He feared her. The man that instilled fear in others was experiencing something quite out of the ordinary. “You know how taste changes up every few years.” Mino attempts to match her own tone. “She’s my taste now.”

Jeeun softly chuckled before offering him a smile. “It’s been a while, Mino.”

“I wish it had been longer.” He didn’t want to meet her again and he had no problems voicing it.

“You’re playing hard to get.” She commented light-heartedly. 

“I think you’re being delusional.” Mino responds calmly. “You know, they’re all on the lookout for you.”

“The Society? There’s no way they have improved since the last time I was here.”

That brings Mino to another question. “What are you doing back here?”

“I’m here for you.”

One thing Mino couldn’t show was the uneasiness that her appearance and her words caused. A burst of chuckles left his lips. “You and what army?”

With the same sly smile, Jeeun shrugged. “You have no idea.”

***

“She’s ing here!” Mino tugged the front door open and shouted through the home. 

He looked over his shoulder – why did she let him leave? That was all too easy.

The footsteps coming down the stairs pulled him back to attention. The four young men were all still half-asleep. Their eyes finally met Mino’s and his behavior was enough to impart some alertness within them.

“Mino?” Seungyoon questioned, he couldn’t hide the nervousness from his own features.

“She’s here. She appeared in front of me.”

“It’s time to call Jiyong.” Taehyun goes off immediately to find his phone. 

“Were you dreaming again?” Seunghoon couldn’t recover from his shock.

“Mino, are you okay?” Jinwoo hurried over to the young man and motioned him towards a seat at the dining table. “Did she do anything to you?”

“Worse.” Mino merely replied. “She let me go.”

“Let’s start from the beginning – what, where, when, why – “

“I went out for a meal and she confronted me on the way back – just now.” Mino’s thoughts were scattered in all directions. “She’s here for me.” So much for his earlier adamant denial.

“Jiyong is on his way after notifying the Society.” Taehyun returns and announces. 

“They won’t be of any help.” Seungyoon voiced. The Society isn’t organized with it still seeking a new leader – there will be no efficient effort to deal with Jeeun. Maybe that’s why she chose to return now rather than later. 

She had always been an intelligent woman.

“That’s all she said?” Seunghoon questioned next.

“Did you think I wanted to stay there to hear whatever else she wanted to say?” Mino shot back. 

“Calm down first.” Seungyoon gently ordered. 

Mino jumped to his feet, Jinwoo’s hand still on his shoulder. “You all don’t understand – “

“We do.” Seungyoon was quick to answer and Mino fell silent. “We know what she put you through. We were with you, remember?” His suffering was like their own.

“Where is she?” Jiyong’s voice cut through the air at his quick arrival. 

Without turning to see him, Mino told him the street he last saw her on. 

***

It was awfully tiring.

Haneul tried her best to get out of bed but her limbs weren’t cooperating, rather they were sluggish and they ached and sored…screaming for her to remain motionless.

She eyed the time on her clock – maybe this calls for a day off from school. Just this once. She’ll be sure to try not missing another day. Turning on her side, Haneul quickly drifted off to sleep once snuggling deeper into her sheets. 

From the tall building across, Jeeun kept her eyes on the window, its blind completely obstructing her view. Unfortunate for her, the young girl was careful to keep whatever inside blocked off from the prying eyes outside. Playing with the long strands of her dark hair, Jeeun’s mind searched for something else to kill time.

“What’s so special about her?”

When she had left Mino, it didn’t seem like he was going to be getting close to anyone again. She possibly thought too positively. It looked like he recovered – didn’t need her anymore and that was devastating. 

She turned away from the apartment complex. It was time to remind him of their past.

Direct approach was always more effective.

Traveling through the streets, it felt like they once more belonged to her. Sure, it was updated but it was still the same place. It was always the same thing – people moving to get to work, daily life occurrences carried out…it was boring and the only pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter