Chapter 1 - First Meeting

We're The Pretty Rapstars

Heize and Crucial Star confirmed to have broken up before their dating news came out." - allkpop

"Rapper Heize and Crucial Star revealed to have ended their relationship." - netizenbuzz

"Heize and Crucial Star confirmed to have broken up." - soompi

I sighed loudly as I scrolled through the headline news on my mobile phone while I rested my head against the neck rest in my agency's SUV. My manager, Kim looked at me through the rearview mirror and raised a curious eyebrow.

"Have you talked to Se Yoon?" He asked.

Se Yoon was the Korean birth-name of my now ex-boyfriend. He was better known as Crucial Star to the public. We had been dating for almost two years ever since I joined the underground rapper scene but we broke up a few weeks back. We broke up on good terms even though he had cheated on me with another underground female rapper, whom shall not be named here. I had thought that he was my soulmate and he was 'The One' for me until I found out through one of our mutual friends that he had been unfaithful behind my back a year into our relationship. He engaged in an active ual relationship with her whenever I was out of Korea for my trainings in America prior to my debut last year.

please. I thought angrily whenever someone mentioned his name. How could someone be so unfaithful and disloyal in a relationship? Is cheating that common these days? What happened to the promises that we had? What happened to ''us' & i love you forever'? Lies. They are nothing more than just empty words. What has the society became? A ground for infidelity?

My heart broke into a million pieces and I knew that no one, no one else would be able to mend it back but myself. I knew that I had no choice but to build a wall around me, to protect myself from the evil and dangerous males out there.

"No." I replied coldly as I closed my eyes, hoping that the pain would ease just a little, even if it was only for a short while.

"You know, this media publicity would be very detrimental to your reputation if we don't do anything about it now." He argued. "Trust me, it will come back to haunt you when once you become successful."

"IF I even become successful." I rolled my eyes and stared at my empty notification bar on my phone. "The next round for Unpretty is coming and I don't even have a partner to collaborate with! I am going to have to walkover and admit my defeat even before the competition. Because I, Heize, is nobody but a loser who got cheated by my famous rapster boyfriend."

"Uhm... About that..." Kim said as he turned into a building that looked extremely unfamiliar to me. It was neither my company nor my home or Se Yoon's house.

"Where are we, oppa?" I asked cautiously, suddenly feeling nervous. "What on earth are you doing?"

Kim finally parked the car. He turned around and faced me.

"Listen... President knew that you were unable to secure a partner after your break up. So he made an arrangement with his brother, Lee Sooman to provide an idol rapper for your stage. But I have no idea who we will be meeting today and we will meet him today." He said in a mouthful.

"IDOL?!" I screamed. "IDOL?! Are you kidding me? Idols can't rap for nuts! I cannot accept that. I need to win this round to stay in the game! Besides, I don't even know any of the SM artists, there would be no chemistry between us!"

"They do have some pretty good and well-known rappers here though." He whispered under his breath as he got out and held the car door opened to me.

"Oppa, I don't want to do this. I am tired. Just let me go home." I whined and grabbed his arms. "Take me home, okay?"

"Oppa, I am tired." I cried out loud when he did not reply.

Kim took the chance to pull me out of the car. He placed both his hands on my shoulder and said in his most brotherly tone. "I understand how hard this is for you, Heize, especially since you have just broken up. I admit that it would be hard for you to collaborate with another person on stage because it would be hard to build up any chemistry within this short period of time. But you are no longer a mere unknown underground rapper anymore. You are no longer the nobody Dahye that I have found in Hongdae anymore. You are Heize and people do know you. You have to do this stage and you have to do it well. This. Is the only way."

Kim ended his mini melo-dramatic speech by pointing up at the SM ENTERTAINMENT sign at the top of the building with blue glass windows.

"Let's just go in and see who will be meeting today, alright? Then you will think about it and consider whether you want to collaborate or not. Although I wish I didn't have to, you are an adult now so I am giving you the autonomy to decide." He continued when I said nothing.

"Fine. But you owe me..." I pondered over my conditions for a while. "A bottle of soju." I said while slamming the car door shut and headed towards the entrance of the building.

The glass door was tinted and moved in one direction as I walked up the mini-steps towards the building. The reception was white, drawing much similarity to a clinic, a hospital. It was late at night so the receptionist had already gone home. I stood at the entrance, absorbing the neat details of the area before Kim gave me a light push on the back of waist and gestured me to go in. The place gave me chills as the air-conditioner blasted at full strength despite the autumn cold. I drew my coat closer to my body, hoping that it would give me some warmth, the way Se Yoon oppa did whenever he hugged me.

Se Yoon... I thought as I shook my head, hoping to clear away any remaining traces of his in my mind. Focus! Dahye. Be focused!

We entered the building and Kim led me towards the lift on the left side of the glass door.

"Seven." He said. "The rapper will be waiting for you on level seven." He repeated when I gave him a look of blankness while still engrossed in my own thoughts. "I will wait for you here." He said, pointing his slightly plumbed fingers at the overhead sign, which said: Manager rest room.

I nodded, unable to smile as the lift arrived. I boarded immediately, keeping my eyes on the ground as images of my ex-boyfriend flashed across my mind. Kim came into the lift, noticing my lack of movement. He pressed '7' on the lift wall before stepping out once again. I heard him sighed and I knew he shook his head without even looking up.

Manager Kim had been with me for almost two years. He knew exactly the kind of person I am and he knew my story with Se Yoon. And I, on the other hand, knew him equally well too. We depended on each other to survive. His salary was dependent on mine and my schedules were dependent on his actions and his public relation management skills.

The lift door closed on him and before I knew it, the door reopened once again.

I looked up and directly into the bright white light of the dance practice room. The mirror had reflected the white light which was blinding against my eyes. Before my eyes could adjust to the strong brightness, someone stood between the mirror and I. His silhouette shielded my eyes but all I could see were the dark spots against my blinded eyes.

He walked towards me, took my hands and shook them enthusiastically.

"You must be Dahye right?" He laughed. "My name is Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet you!"

Hello my fellow Asianfanfic lovers! Decided to complete one chapter of this story because I really want to continue developing their love stories despite having my university final examinations now! 

Let me know what you think of this first chapter okay? Hehe. BE BACK SOON FOR MORE <3

Would definitely love to hear your comments and subscribe for more! Till then~