How to Bake Red Velvet Cake

My Daily Life Living With Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💮My Daily Life With Kim Jongin💮

How To Bake Red Velvet Cake

💮

Taemin awoke with a readied yawn, now sitting straight up in a chair placed next to Jongin’s bed, of which Jongin laid. Jongin, the entirety of the previous day, was sick and just in case he woke up to throw up or to just whine about how much his head hurt (thankfully he was pretty much better for half of yesterday), Taemin (or Kyungsoo since they took shifts watching him) was there to comfort him. Surely, Jongin would be better after a whole day of supervision and care from two people.

Taemin, after a stretch and another yawn, reached over the feel Jongin’s forehead. It was warm, but not hot, so he must’ve been fine now. ‘Good’ Taemin thought. He didn’t think he could handle another day without work. His manager would kill him.

Taemin leaned back into his uncomfortable chair. Suddenly, he smelled food. Naturally, he looked around the room to find the source. There, on Jongin’s desk, were two bowls of chicken soup. He could hear clear humming from outside the door.

Kyungsoo walked in, singing a tune Taemin didn’t care to recognize.

“Kyungie.” Taemin called, turning to face Kyungsoo. He was holding a plate of Saltine crackers and eating one away as he made his way to the desk.

The older slightly jumped, nearly dropping the plate. “, you’re awake?”

Taemin pretended to think about it for a while, “Hmm. I’m not sure, I’ll have to check on that.” He said, tapping his chin with his index finger. Kyungsoo reached over and pinched Taemin’s cheek hard, “Ow!” He squealed, holding his cheek.

“Did it hurt?”

“What the hell do you think?!”

“Oh, good, you’re awake.” Kyungsoo smiled. “Though, I kind of hoped you’d be dead.”

“If I were dead, I’d be in heaven.” Taemin retorted, a sudden smug look on his face, “So you wouldn’t be here.” He ducked, barely dodging the pillow Kyungsoo had thrown at him by inches.

“Ow.”

Kyungsoo and Taemin looked over to Jongin’s bed. A sleepy Jongin was slowly rising to sit up, holding up the pillow thrown unintentionally at him. “Good morning.” He mumbled, rubbing his eye.

Both Kyungsoo and Taemin were frozen at the sight of an adorable Jongin.

“It’s actually afternoon, Jongin.” Kyungsoo informed, biting his thumb nail. He, too, was trying to refrain himself from saying anything stupid. Both of their minds seemed to melt.

Jongin looked more surprised, “I-”

“You’ve actually been asleep most of yesterday too.” Taemin added.

“But don’t worry.” Kyungsoo cut him off before he could jump out of bed to work, “We told our manager and he said we have the most of today off anyway.”

“What?”

“Actually, I have to get ready for work in a few, but I’ll be back soon.” He informed.

“EXO, for the next three days, doesn’t have to work as much. Manager said to make sure we come to the dance studio on the 13th.” Kyungsoo added.

Jongin appeared even more confused, “Why?”

“Our birthday, Jongin.”

Taemin glanced at Kyungsoo. He didn’t know Kyungsoo’s birthday, but he did know that it wasn’t the same as Jongin’s. Jongin's birthday wasn't even on the 13th.

“Oh, happy birthday, Hyungsoo.” Jongin lazily smiled at Kyungsoo and suddenly everything was clearer to Taemin. He then fell back onto his bed, holding the pillow that was thrown at him earlier, “Does that mean I can go back to sleep?” He chuckled.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes, “I’m going to go shopping. Is there anything you want?”

“Tea and puppies.”

“We’re running out of milk.” Taemin said, “And buy steak because we all know you like steak. You love it.” He mocked and Jongin could be heard giggling.

“Shut up, it was one interview.” Kyungsoo mumbled, “So tea, milk, steak. I’ll buy shrimp and rice for tonight then.” He listed off, walking out, muttering more ingredients and rubbing the back of his neck as he left.

Taemin stared at the door for a while before turning to Jongin, “Jongin?” No reply. Jongin must’ve fell back to sleep.

Taemin got up from his chair and out the door, wishing to wash the filth off of him only to find that the only bathroom in their whole apartment was being used. Who thought it was a good idea for three boys to have one bathroom? Oh. Jongin.

Kyungsoo was going to go out shopping, so Taemin decided it’d be best to wait on him. Taemin took a turn and walked to his room and grabbed his laptop, strolled back to Jongin’s room, sat back into the chair, and opened it.

It took no more than fifteen minutes for Kyungsoo to come out of the bathroom and leave. It took five more minutes for Taemin to realize the bathroom was finally free. But, just as he was about get up, Jongin hopped out of bed.

Taemin watched as Jongin paced around the room. “What are you doing?”

Jongin stopped to look directly at his best friend, “We need to bake a cake.” He informed, a concentrated look on his face.

“A cake? Why? What’s the purpose of baking a cake?” Taemin questioned.

The younger raised his eyebrows and a smile grew on his face, “Other than eating it, for Hyungsoo’s birthday, of course. Why else?”

“We’re celebrating his birthday tomorrow, Jongin.” Taemin responded rather lazily. He was in no mood to get up and bake a cake. “We don’t need to bake a cake, it’ll only make his face fatter.” He blew air in his cheeks and patted them down.

“No,” Jongin’s positive tone quickly turned into a whine, “Taemin, please? Hyungsoo cooks, he cleans, and he takes care of us. This is the least we can do in return.”

“He takes care of you, he couldn’t care less about what happens to me. I could die of starvation for all he cares.” Taemin pointed out with a small smile on his face, “I simply return the favor.”

Jongin eventually turned to pouting and whining to get his way. His eyes went big and his eyebrows dropped like he was about to cry. “No, go away. Stop that.” Taemin hissed trying to look back down at his computer.

“Please?” Jongin squeezed out, getting closer and closer to Taemin with every second that passed.

With one more glance at Jongin’s puppy face, Taemin was convinced, “Fine. Fine, just get that stupid look off your face.”

Jongin’s frown turned into a smile, “Okay, so how do you bake a cake?”

He sighed and shook his head, “You’d probably blow up the building if I didn’t help.” He said under his breath, “But, I have to work in two hours, unlike you. So we can’t start now.”

“Okay, when will you be home?”

“I’ll be back in four hours tops. It’s just a small solo concert.”

“That should give me enough time to clean this dump and get a birthday present, right? Then we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter