A Little Less Than Friends

My Daily Life Living With Kim Jongin
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

💮My Daily Life With Kim Jongin💮

A Little Less Than Friends

💮

It was like training a penguine how to ice skate. Although in their natural environment, a penguin on ice skates would be nothing less than completely ungraceful, almost insulting figure skating and all forms of art in general. Penguines weren't even supposed to be on ice skates anyway - a clearifying statement very comparable to Do Kyungsoo. It was like he was literally designed to never be on skates. Training Kyungsoo was nothing less than a pain in the because of it. He could barely stand up straight without finding some magical way to slip and fall. It took more energy for Taemin to teach Kyungsoo than it took Kyungsoo to learn, so even though Kyungsoo was doing all the physical work, Taemin was mentally exhausting himself. He needed a break, a nice long one in where the two of them wouldn't have to talk all that much... 

A lunch break! Of course. They couldn't insult each other and ruin what little bond they were building up over this experience if they had their mouths stuffed with food. Not only that, but it'd replenish their energy! Perfect idea.

As of now, Taemin was observing the penguine in front of him, watching him pick out every single raisin out of his oatmeal cookie and putting them in the far corner of his tray like they were mouse droppings instead of dried up grapes. Taemin slowly ate his brownie with the small spoon that had come with his ice cream, still watching at Kyungsoo glanced up at him. 

“What?” He questioned with small bite in his tone, continuing to remove the raisins from his sweet. He was understandably irritated at how many people had watched him fall on his about twenty times in a row.

Taemin put his elbow on the table and his head on his hand boredly, resuming to watch Kyungsoo do his work, “You don’t like raisins?” He asked a question to an obvious answer. He'd originally chosen to eat because he didn't want to talk to Kyungsoo, but it seemed like Kyungsoo wasn't enjoying this experience as much as Taemin had expected. So this outting wouldn't be a complete bust, conversation and communication would have to be a thing between them.

“No.” Kyungsoo simply replied.

Taemin rolled his eyes at the short answer. Maybe he would’ve gotten a long story on raisins and the reason for why there were so hated from anyone else, but this was Kyungsoo. And Kyungsoo was the master of being able to easily end a discussion, “You’re really bad at keeping up a conversation.” Taemin automatically pointed out, completely contradicting his original purpose of talking to Kyungsoo in the first place.

Kyungsoo looked offended by this, face scrunhing up in distaste. His head turned up and his large eyes shrunk at the sight of Taemin, “And you’re really good at starting an argument.”

Taemin leaned back into his seat with a sigh, bringing his coffee up for a drink, “Do Kyungsoo, why is it that you must turn everything I say into an insult?” As though what he'd said wasn't an insult... Taemin flinched and almost spilled his practically boiling beverage by slamming it onto the table. He took hold of his half empty water bottle and started sipping on the cool liquid to relieve his singed tongue.

Kyungsoo was laughing too hard for his own good and Taemin hoped he'd choke on air.

He squinted his eyes threateningly in Kyungsoo’s direction, “You can stop now.” Taemin hissed at the older before he realized he was now sipping on nothing. He grumbled some swears about overpriced water bottles while standing out of his seat. Taemin was about to make his way to the vending machine to get more soothing water for his burnt tongue, when suddenly Kyungsoo held up his own untouched water bottle.

Taemin just stared at the bottle for a moment, wondering why Kyungsoo was holding it up. Was this Kyungsoo's attempt to splash the contents onto him but forget to open the cap? Maybe he was starting a devil related ritual that just happened to include a water bottle? Perhaps it was a penguin thing. “What?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at Taemin’s stupidity, “Have it.” He put the bottle next to Taemin’s tray, seeing as Taemin was in shock by this random gesture of kindness.

Taemin slowly sat back down into his seat, wrapping his unusually warm hands around the item and not moving his gaze from it. “Thank you.” He thanked plainly. He opened the bottle from the top and starting sipping.

Taemin couldn’t help but notice the silence that grew thick in the cold air after Kyungsoo’s strange, selfless action. Taemin needed to start up a conversation again or else it’d become more awkward that it already was. Usually, when Jongin was present, he never felt this uncomfortable since Jongin always had a topic to talk about (or he just kept talking nonsense). But Kyungsoo was a bundle of awkwardness and evil, not making for a fun outing. Plus, Taemin was paying for all of this, so they might as well have an entertaining time.

“You should try this.” He suggested on a whim.

He raised his head, “Huh?” Kyungsoo gave a questioning look at Taemin.

“These brownies.” Taemin recommended, glancing down at them and back to Kyungsoo’s face, “They’re really good. You should try them.”

Kyungsoo just shook his head, “No.” He stated firmly, finally taking a bite out of his raisin-free oatmeal cookies. A small expression of happiness formed itself onto his usually frowning face.

Taemin raised an eyebrow at the shorter, a small smirk developing on his face, “Don’t like brownies?” He asked a question with an obvious answer.

“Don’t like chocolate cake either.” He revealed. Taemin found it unusual that Kyungsoo didn't just answer with one word.

“Because…?” 

“They’re poison for the soul.” He replied, like no other person but him would.

Taemin pursed his lips together and acted confused, “You mean the soul you don’t have?”

Kyungsoo smiled so that all of his teeth showed, “Exactly.” His reaction was a bit of a shocker to Taemin.

“Well, if you don’t have a soul to poison,” Taemin forced a brownie on Kyungsoo’s tray with a forced smile and an attempt to look friendlier than he felt, “then try it.”

He could hear Kyungsoo’s mental groan of annoyance, “Why are you being so damn persistent?” He picked up the brownie and took a bite i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter