It doesn't even fit at all (VMin)

BTS Short Stories Collection

Author's Note: Ah, I should give more love to VMin. They are cute as . Inspired by japanese comic once again.

BGM: Troye Sivian - Fools

 


Jimin's POV:

    The bright sunlight shone down onto us, and made my eyes wince a little. Somehow, it feels very much different from how it usually felt like.

    "My head hurts aghh--" Taehyung complained, he leaned back against the seat at an outdoor cafe. "You seem to be alright, Chimchim ah."

    "I am just physically fitter than you. Maybe." I replied as I chewed on the plate of fish and chips that I had ordered."

    "Eh!?! That's mean..." 

    "You got too excited and ran up the hill, of course you're out of breath." I chided Taehyung gently, he's like a chil in many many ways.

    "But..." He sat right up and looked at me, his eyes gleaming in excitement. "Isn't it exciting? It's our first overseas trip after all."

    "... Guess it is." I replied and took another bite of the fish fillet.

 

*

 

    The afternoon sun of a foreign country is terribly harsh on both Taehyung and I; the summer in Seoul isn't even this unbearable. I'm currently in La Paz, the capital city of Bolivia; known as 'the vertical city that never stops' apparently. The city is 3700 metres above sea level, which is even than Hallasan at a height of 1950 metres. It's a beautiful place nevertheless.

    With our big and heavy backpacks on our backs, we travelled from place to place mostly on foot; admiring the scenery as we walk by. The culture is very different from Korea, and the people are friendly too. 

    "Where are you guys from? We're from Italy." A bearded man of high stature approached us, probably a tourist too judging from the big backpack on his back.

    "We're from South Korea-" Taehyung replied to the man as he gestured to himself and me.

    "I see. If you wanna ride the night bus, the tour booth is right across the street mate." 

    "Oh my! Really?" Taehyung eyes lit up in excitement.

    "Yeah, but you should go before they run out of seats." The bearded man kindly told us, "Now, I'll get going. It's good to see you two!" He waved goodbye and left.

    

    We approached the tour booth and bought the tickets for the night bus later on, and dropped off our belongings at the lockers in the booth. Taehyung decided to take a tour around the city before we leave for the night bus.

    "Now that the weight's off from our body, it's time for more sightseeing!" He exclaimed in enthusiasm and pumped both his fists in the air.

    "Hey, isn't that dangerous? To just hand the camera on your neck like that." I asked.

    Hoseok looked at me and responded, "Even though I'm about 180 centimetres?"

    "But you aren't that tall."

    "It's just 2 centimetres, don't care so much about details." He chuckled, "And since we came all the way here, don't we want some evidence to show for it?"

    "Considering this is one of the poorest country in South America, the public safety might be a little-" Before I could finish my words, Taehyung cut me off.

    "Then, Chimchim just have to protect me, 'kay?" He then turned towards me and snapped a photo of me, which startled me obviously. 

    "AH! I'm gonna punch you! Delete it!!" I yelped in surprise, I am not very fond of having my photo taken. "Anyways, where do you wanna go?"

    "Hmm... Just wander the city aimlessly, I guess..." He responded.

    "... Hey, it's really dangerous to let the camera dangle from your neck."

    "If it gets stolen, then so be it." A gentle smile forms on Taehyung's face, "But I'd like to keep the pictures if I could. If we have pictures, we can keep the memories."

    "... I see." 

 

    Now that I think about it. We have been together since we were very young. Apparently, the first time I met Taehyung was at the hospital. Since our homes are close by and our mothers were pregnant at about the same time, they got close. Both of us also turned out to be boys, I thinkit just felt like a natural flow of events, due to how close our families are.

    "Wah~ He's here! You did well giving birth to him." My mother said. "Oh my... He's so beautiful, just like you!"

    "Well, Jimin-goon looks charming too!"

    My mother held me in her arms and I saw him for the first time of my life. "Say hi, Jimin ah~"

    "Anyways, I decided on the name 'Taehyung'." The boy's mother said.

    "He laughed just now! I saw it, what an adorable child!" My mother exclaimed.

 

     Somehow when we were babies, we always stuck to one another. When one cries, the other will soon follow. When we got tired of crying, we will then fall asleep side by side. There are still a lot of photos rom back then around the house. Though I can't really remember anything from that age.

 

 

    "Look at this Chimchim ah, the silverware here is so cheap!! The store owners say that they're specially made!" Taehyung's eyes are glued to the cutlery placed carefully behind the glass display.

    "Are these actually real silver..?"

    "Don't you have any faith? You should buy something like this for me!" He pointed to the forks and spoons as his fingers hovered over it.

    "Buy it yourself then. Silver seems kike it'd tarnish quickly, I'm not so sure."

    "Why do you have to be so pragmatic..." 

     "But aren't the wool goods at the shop over there more practical? It's cold at this high altitude."

    "Ho... Let's buy matching wool hats then." 

    "Stop bringing the mood down with your grumpy replies!!"

    "Let's go and see more shops!" Taehyung exclaimed in eagerness and dashed out of the silverware shop.

    I looked at his back and turned to the shop owner, "Excuse me, this one please."

 

    When we were five years old, I had a mysterious fight with Taehyung.

    "I hate playing house!" He complained to me.

    "Me too! It's boring."

    "Everyone keeps saying they want to be Chimchim's wife!"

    "Then... Do you want to be my wife?"

    His expression darken and he pouted, "That's not really... what I meant. but I am Chimchim's number one... I don't want to be anything but your number one."

    "But I'm not..?"

    "You are number one!"

    "I'm NOT--"

    "?! You are!"

    Now that I think about it, it's really weird why we would even fight over this. Even now I still remember how irritated I was at that moment.

 

    In return for a cheap night bus, we have to endure a rough journey of more than 12 hours out of La Paz, with no towns or signs to see.

    The car engines roared and the bus shook, just like a lullaby. 

    "Chimchim." Taehyung called out softly, since almost every other people are asleep on the bus.

    "What..." I replied groggily, and looked up at him. 

    "It looks amazing outside."

    I rubbed my eyes and looked at what he told me to look at. It was splendid, the horde of stars were shining so beautifully before my eyes. "Amazing..." I whispered.

    "Isn't it? Let's go backto sleep, sorry for waking you up." 

 

    After a few more hours, we finally arrived back at La Paz. My body was aching all over, since we were sitting for 12 hours straight after all. We found another tour guide for our next adventure at a cheap price, and booked a place for later on. 

    Afterwards, we took the time to clean up ourselves with the bottles of mineral water that we bought from the convenience store.

    "I'm Alex, the driver for later's tour. Get in after you tie your stuff onto the car." A man of smaller stature and tan skin approached us with a warm smile. We thanked him and hurriedly do whatever we were asked to do.

    We met some other guys who were going to the same destination as we are. Apparently they are form Miami.

   "Hey guys, ready to go?" Alan, the driver asked.

    Everyone in the back seats were buckled up and pumped up for the trip. "YEAH!!"

    As we set off, we were wrapped up in conversations, naturally. We talked about many things: country of origins, tourist attractions of our own countries and many more stuff. 

    "Hey, what did you guys come here for? Vacation?" One of the guy asked.

    "Erm--" Taehyung replied, but I cut him off.

    "To elope." I said seriously.

    "WHAT?!" Everyone in the car looked at me in shock, even Taehyung himself.

    "Alan! Eyes on the ing road!"

    "Right! Sorry pals!" Alan managed to not get into an acident as he steered right back on the road.

    "Best wishes! I don't really get it, but congrats?!" The rest said and all of us laughed it off.

    "Hey guys!" Alan yelled from the driver's seat, "Look out the windows! We'll be there soon."

    We looked out as told, and we were instantly mesmerised by the sight. "It's the salt flat!"

    Taehyung was so overwhelmed by the scenery, he just froze there and take in the beautiful view.

    "Taehyung ah, weren't you gonna take some pictures?"

 

    We got off track somewhere down this narrow line.

   

Taehyung's POV:

   What was 'somehow different' when we were five clicked into place.Jimin, you have been there since I was born. I don't know a world where you don't exist, because you were born earlier, waiting for me.

    Jimin and I had when we were 18, and we broke up once when we were 20. He had a girlfriend once, but... I was taken to the hospital due to anorexia and an ulcer not even 2 months later. We ended up back toegther before 3 months had passed.

    I was genuinely surprised when Chimchim, while heating up instant porridge for me, said to me in a cold voice, "If you want to break up someday, I won't stop you. So please let me stay with you until then."

   

    Last year, Yoongi-hyung got married. Seokjin-hyung's oldest child turned three years old.

 

    In the end, we never managed to take on the beautful form that the world wished for us. We were far from it, we didn't even fit.

 

    "Americans sure are vigorous... What a great jump." Chimchim said in awe.

    I held up my camera and started to take photos of the scenery.

    "Taetae..." He called out my name gently.

    "Ye-s~?"

    "I want to take pictures." 

    "Give me a moment." I said as I took out thecamera dangling by my neck.

    He took the camera and took a photo of the beautiful sight before us, but the photos were out of focus. "What's up with you suddenly, Chimchim?" I laughed at his failed attempts at taking a photo.

    Snap. He took a photo of me right at this moment. 

    "Wait!" I called out, "My eys were closed!" I held up my hands to cover my face but he continued to take more photos. "Stop it! Don't waste the films! I'm sorry for laughing at you!"

    It seems like he isn't going to stop anytime sooner, so I just let him be as I looked far away into the horizon.

    "We've come pretty far, huh. It's almost the other side of the world. There's not even one person here who knows of us." I said, but Chimchim didn't respond. 

    I looked at him, but he quietly said, "It's really as if we were eloping."

    My eyes widened and I lowered my head.

    "Come here." He called out.

    I remained silent.

    "Oi." 

   "... You're really..." Jimin walked towards me and hushed, "C'mere, give me your hand. Or I'm not giving you the camera back." 

    I held back my tears and reavhed out my hand, he grabbed onto my arm and leaned in to give me a kiss. It seems like he take the opportunity to slide in a ring on my ring finger.

    "I love you." Chimchim said. "I just did something so embarrasing I could die... And the ringdoesn't even fit? What a joke..."

    --I love you.

    "Haha... Alan and the others are pointing and laughing at us... Dammit... I wanna die..."

    Such simplewords exist in every place on earth, no matter in what form. 

    "It's fine... Thank you, Jimin ah. Just let them laugh."

    "But really, this place looks like heaven, don't you think?" Jimin asked, his grip on my hands tighten just a little.

    "Yeah." I responded, and held onto his hand tighter.