Give Me A Little Bit of Your Time

Black Magic

7599w

 

 

 

“3 drops of crimson love, 4 drops of pixie bliss…” Baekhyun muttered, full concentration on putting each chemical mix into the tube; her tongue sticking out sideways and eyes crossed in concentration to the drops dripping into the beaker in her hand.

“Ahh, such a pretty color this time.” She said, as she looked down at her finished product—a beaker filled with a lavender concoction.

“Park Chanyeol, you will be mine tonight!”

Just as she was about to wrap up her potion, the doorbell rang.

"Dammit! Dammit! Why are they here so early?" Baekhyun cursed her friends because of them she had to hurry up and turn off the burner and put the beaker in its room-temperature glass box.

“Behave while I’m gone. I’ll be right back.” She patted the box before locking up the basement and heading back upstairs.

Baekhyun opened the door to see Kyungsoo and Luhan, her two best friends, with Kyungsoo sporting a sad face.

 

  

 

“About damn time Byun Baekhyun. I was beginning to think you were hiding in your basement so you would pretend you didn't hear the doorbell!” Kyungsoo all but yelled in frustration.

“Hm, I was in the bathroom and heard the doorbell very well. I’m surprised your fingers haven’t fallen off yet with the way you were abusing my poor doorbell.”

“Shut up. I’m not in the mood.”

“What’s gotten her in a twist?” Baekhyun whispered to Luhan as Kyungsoo walked right past the both of them and flopped on to the couch.

“Kai still hasn’t acknowledged her feelings.” Luhan shrugged.

“Ahh… love. The overrated emotion of the century.” Baekhyun mocked.

 

"You haven't asked Sehun to talk to Kai?" Baekhyun asked Luhan.

 

"I wanted to, but she refused to have anyone meddle in. Said she wants it to happen 'naturally'." Luhan made finger quotes at the last word.

 

"Soo, that's not meddling in. That's helping a sister out! You get Sehun to mention it to Kai, show up y and next thing you know, he’ll be all over you saying wham bam thank you ma'am."

 

“Easy for you to say. You get all the guys without any help! How do you do it Baek? It’s like you have some sort of magic in you! All of the guys you like just end up talking to you and dating you!” Kyungsoo exclaimed, staring at the ceiling and throwing her hands in the air.

'Oh, you have no idea.'

“Not yet… Not Chanyeol. He hasn’t talked to me yet.” Baekhyun casually said, as if they were talking about the weather.

 

At the name of the school's infamous quarterback, Luhan and Kyungsoo perked their heads up at Baekhyun.

 

“Chanyeol? As in THE PARK CHANYEOL?”

“Yes, as in The Park Chanyeol. What’s wrong with Chanyeol?” She looked at the both of them with curious eyes.

“Nothing… it's just… now that you've mentioned it, you'll probably end up with him by the end of the week. Every time you tell us about someone new, in about two days, they end up talking to you and taking you.”

Baekhyun laughed at Kyungsoo’s bitterness. “Hey, what can I say? I’m desirable.”

“Yeah, but it’s like you get so bored of them. You’re with them for a week and then leave them and they all want more. They keep coming back for more but you keep rejecting them all. Why?”

“Why settle for one when you can enjoy more?” Baekhyun shrugged.

“You’re disgusting. This month alone… Kris, Suho, Chen… and now Chanyeol?”

“As long as they wear a , I don’t see the problem.” Baekhyun said as she got up and walked towards the kitchen. “Besides, I haven’t found anyone worth my feelings yet so why tie myself or them down on false pretenses?”

“So what did all of the others have that peaked your interest?” Luhan asked.

“Interest.”

 

Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at each other in confusion. Baekhyun stopped pouring wine into their glass and looked at his two best friends to laugh.

 

 

“That’s exactly what it was. They peaked my interest.”

“Okay Miss Popular. Whatever you say.”

 

The three best friends laughed as Baekhyun walked over with their glasses of wine. It’s early Friday evening and they all had plans to attend the Halloween party one of the senior guys was having later on that night. It has been a long week with them finishing up their midterms as well as last minute mid-term projects. They were set to have a good night and for Baekhyun, what better way to end the week than to celebrate and catch the man of your dreams?

As Luhan and Kyungsoo were getting ready in Baekhyun’s room, she made an excuse to go downstairs so she could go back to her project. When she unlocked and opened the basement door, she hurried up and locked it again so no one would “accidentally” came in.

Baekhyun took the beaker out of the glass box and poured it into a little tube. After closing it, she put it in her cross body bag and patted the bag with a smile.

 

“Please be good to me today. I really like this guy... but I can’t tell the girls. They will never let me live it down.”

---

While Baekhyun was assigned to clean out her late grandmother's basement one day, she found a potion mix in one of the old books. Being the curious girl that she was, she began reading the book and was surprised at what she found. More than the title of the book, the description of the book got her full attention; that the potion actually has two different mixes. She read more on the potion and its mixes just to make sure she knew what she was getting herself into. She read the side effects, the possible outcome and instantly knew that she had to put both mixes to use.

 

The potion, Black Magic, has two different mixes:

Lust in Like quench the lust in your desire for the one you require

Love in Life – live the life you love and love the life you live

 

The more she read on it, the more she knew, absolutely positively knew, that she wanted to use the latter on Chanyeol, but before using it she wanted to test it out first just to make sure that it actually works. She decided that she was going to use the Lust in Like, but definitely not on Chanyeol. She contemplated on who she should experience it on and she came to the conclusion that Kris, Chen and Suho were the perfect baits for her experiment because one, she could use them as test dummies and two, she wanted to make Chanyeol jealous and who else would be better to use than his very own teammates?

With the success of the Lust in Like potion experiments, she decided that tonight was going to be the night she was going to put the Love in Life to work.

 

The potion's directions were easy:  

 

Have the two people in question drink half of the same potion mix. After about 30 minutes to an hour (it depends on each person because every body reacts differently), the potion will slowly take over the bodies for approximately a week. After a week of having the potion in your body:

Lust In Like: If the lust was there before consuming the potion, the lust will still appear even after the potion mix has completely left the body. Nothing more or nothing less, but having the effects of the week will possibly have the luster be more persistent to pursue the lustee.

Love in Life: If the feelings were already there before consuming the potion, the feelings will only naturally grow stronger after the potion has worn out. Having everything that happened within the week will naturally have them develop stronger feelings. The potion's purpose is to solely act as a driving force between the two parties and the after-feelings will become the one true motivation to act on the blinded love.

--

Baekhyun lied. She lied to her best friends. She has been eyeing Chanyeol since the beginning of the semester when he walked into their Organic Chemistry II class and sat down next to her, which only prompted them to become class partners. After half a semester of trying to get something out of Chanyeol, she was upset that she didn't get any other vibe than a "classmate", which was worse than even being friend-zoned... but then, she really wanted to know if he did have feelings for her or not, and if he didn’t, she would at least get to enjoy an entire week of what it would be like to be his. During class, since they were partners for Organic Chemistry, he would make sure she was okay and if she accidentally spilled something or broke something, he would always make sure to tell her that it was okay and not to fret over it. He would also clean up her mistakes or accidents and tell her to move to the side so she doesn't hurt herself. Basically, he took care of her and made her feel like a princess. She used Kris, Suho and Chen as bait because she thought that Chanyeol would get jealous since they were all on the football team, but not once did he ever mention them to her.

Everyone knew she hooked up with them, but no one minded since she was one of the popular ones in school. She wasn’t y, she wasn’t cocky, snobby or snooty, she was just Baekhyun and she herself always wondered why she was even popular. She tried to get Chanyeol’s attention aside from being a partner in class but outside of the classroom was a whole different story. Whenever she would smile and wave, he would just smile and then continue walking. When she would stop to talk, he would just greet and say goodbye. Other than those times, he would always have his earphones in and she didn't want to be rude and bother him so she would just walk away with a pout, a pout that he never saw. She never received anything more than a “Hey Baekhyun, Bye Baekhyun” kind of greeting and she was determined to get more than 3 different words out of Chanyeol in one setting.

She wanted to test it on him because damn Chanyeol and his unresponsive feelings and mixed signals.

--

Baekhyun knew she had to keep an eye out for the quarterback. She knew it was going to be a tough job having to decipher through the crowd plus having to figure out who is out underneath their costumes. She just hoped she doesn’t get the wrong person or miss the chance of seeing or catching Chanyeol. As soon as the three best friends walked into the haunted house themed party, Luhan, dressed at Cat Woman, immediately started dancing in the middle of what looked like a witch’s pot theme dance floor, while the boys around her whistled and catcalled, until her boyfriend walked up to her and wrapped his hands around her waist and gave her one of the most lust-filled but at the same time love-filled kiss Baekhyun has ever seen. It also didn't help that every time they broke away for just a second, they would just look at each other and the look in their eyes for one another told everyone their love story.

She was slightly jealous because she wanted that for herself, she wanted Chanyeol to do that to her. She wanted to be held with strong arms, to lean against a firm chest, to return passionate kisses and so much more. She had to look away from Luhan and Sehun because she was starting to get sad and a sad Baekhyun is not a good Baekhyun, especially a drunk and sad Baekhyun... that was not a combination anyone would want to witness, ever. She walked into the kitchen with Kyungsoo (dressed as the Goddess Hermes) who immediately tensed up at seeing the captain of the dance team (dressed up as one of the Chippendales), which only made Baekhyun wonder who else was dressed as part of the shirtless pact. She looked over at Kyungsoo, whose cheeks were flushing a deep bright red and staring at a very shirtless chiseled-chest Kai, Baekhyun vowed to herself that she was going to make a potion for the two of them (after her experiment with Chanyeol) if nothing progressed between the two of them by the end of the night. Tonight was the perfect time for Kyungsoo and Kai to hook up! Anyone who took a glimpse at the two of them could feel the between them. Kyungsoo was in denial and wanted Kai to pursue her, and Kai... well, she didn't know his motives.

 

Baekhyun walked around for a bit so she could try and see if the quarterback ever showed up but after about ten minutes, she was getting kind of bummed out that she has yet to see him. She decided to kill time by dancing so she took a shot of Hennessy and walked to the dance floor where she found Luhan and Kyungsoo dancing. She joined them in dancing but with her police themed outfit (read: mini mini super mini short one piece, skin tight dress), the more she turned and moved around, the more it raised up higher and higher. She was just dancing with her eyes closed when she felt a body moving against hers from behind. Without knowing who it was and just deciding to go with the flow, she leaned back into the firm chest and started moving along the tall... lean... body.

 

Realizing who it might be, she turned around immediately and when she did, she tried not to let the smile on her face falter but instead she put her hands on his shoulders and started dancing. Kris always wanted more, he would always send her text messages asking if she was ‘free tonight’ and Baekhyun always had to kindly reject him, but that never stopped him from continuously pursuing, damn the potion for making him even more persistent. 

 

Without being rude, she continued dancing with the second attachment of the Chippendale for another two songs until she decided that she needed to get another drink. She hasn’t seen Chanyeol yet and she needed alcohol in her system because she if she didn't, she would be getting sad pretty soon. Kris asked if she wanted company but she kindly declined his offer with a mention that she needed some fresh air and will be back.

Baekhyun was on the way to the kitchen to get another cup of drink when she saw the some of the football team there. She wanted to avoid them but her urge to drink was far greater than her urge to avoid them. She saw Chen and she knew the potion's lusting power was doing an extremely excellent job because she saw him eyeing her up and down while his lips.

 

 

“Hey Baek, looking y.”

“Thanks Chen.” She said kindly. Trying her very hardest to avoid having any conversations because she knew where he wanted them to end up.

“Are you—“

“Gotta go! See you around!” She said as soon as she got her cup of drink and left the kitchen, escaping before the eye becomes more than just eye.

 

 

She walked around the party and then decided to stop being a buzz kill and to have so fun so she stopped at the beer pong table. She gave up trying to hang-out with her friends because Luhan was constantly faces with Sehun and Kyungsoo, well she saw her friend and Kai finally talking with matching smiles so she didn’t want to interfere with that. As she got to the ping pong table, everyone began cheering for her and screaming her name. The girls wanted her to be on their team and the boys wanted her to cheer for them. She decided that she would wait for the next round to play, seeing that the current game was almost finished.

As soon as the current game ended with the girls losing and the boys winning, everyone flocked to Baekhyun asking to be on her team, knowing how athletic and competitive she was. She took a glance around to choose someone but at the corner of her eye, she saw the door opened. She continued to look at who it was and she absolutely could not help but smile because finally, finally, it was the object of her affection walking through the door, dressed as Dracula, typical giant. She knew it was him as soon as he walked through the door because there was no way anyone could miss those ears even if they were a mile away. The way he styled his hair up made him even more handsome and she really wanted to him to notice her. She wanted him to notice the tight fitted dress she wore that gave everyone VIP passes to look at her assets. She also wanted him to notice her feelings for him. The feelings that weren't lust; weren't temporary, but true feelings that always made her heart flutter at the sight of him.

 

 

“I will allow anyone to be on my team if they can get Chanyeol to play against us.” And with that, everyone looked around to look for the quarterback. When they saw him, she giggled at his face when he saw the herd of people charging at him.

After a couple of minutes of waiting, one of the girl dressed as a witch came back with the quarterback trailing her.

“Chanyeol said he will play only if he gets a girl on his team and you get a boy on yours. So the teams would be fair.”

“Fair enough. I’ll go mix some drinks for us first while you all decide who would be on Chanyeol’s team and who would be on my team. I’ll let you guys do the honor of choosing.” Baekhyun smiled as she walked away, not before winking at Chanyeol.

 

 

Baekhyun couldn’t stop smiling as she walked towards the kitchen, and upon arriving, she began to dread it when she realized that Chen and Kris were both there. She walked into the kitchen and immediately smiled at everyone. She walked passed Kris and Chen and knew they were eye- her again, especially her with the way the dress was like a second skin to her.

Baekhyun tried to pay them no attention and continue her task at hand. Once she grabbed a few cups, she went behind the island so anyone looking at her from the front (i.e., Kris and Chen), wouldn’t be able to see what she was going to do. She started pouring in contents into the mixer and when she was done, she raised the mixer in the air while holding onto the body of the mixer with one hand and the lid with the other and began shaking it, all while making eye contact with the two erts, who only began smirking and their lips at her jiggling s and exposed cleavage.

 

“ Baek, do you know how ing y you look right now?” Kris said, eyes still very much focused on her jiggling goodies.

“Yes, I do.”

“Damn, don’t answer it with such confident, it makes you even ier.” Chen commented this time. At least he had the decency to look at her in the eyes while talking to her.

“What can I say? If you got it, flaunt it, right?” She winked at the two of them.

 

"Hell yeah, babe." Kris answered, earning a hi-five from his Chippendale wingman.

 

She lowered the mixer and poured the mixed drink into the four cups. Baekhyun took the permanent marker that was set by the cups and marked each cup with: B, C, 1, and 2. Once she marked the cups, she moved the 1 and 2 cups to the side and then took out the tube in her cross body bag. She looked up and saw that Kris and Chen were still eyeing her chest and she smiled and shook her head at them and then, very discreetly, she poured half of the potion in Chanyeol’s cup and the other half into her cup.

 

 

“Oh! I have a good idea.” Kris began. Baekhyun was a smart girl and she already had an idea of what his ‘idea’ was and she was not up for it.

“Oh really? Do you now?” She answered as she put the empty tube back into her bag.

“Do you wanna—“

“Baekhyun, do you need help?” Baekhyun turned to the voice, the brightest smile displayed on her face as Chanyeol walked up to her.

“Sure. Can you take a sip of this and tell me how it tastes? Too strong? Too weak? Tastes funny?” Baekhyun said as she handed the cup that was marked with a ‘C’ to Chanyeol.

“Mmm… it’s perfect.” Chanyeol smiled at her.

“Awesome! That one is your cup and this one is for your partner. I didn’t know who your partner is so I just wrote a number.” Little crescent moon appearing as she smiled her adorable smile for the quarterback.

“Baek, how come you didn't make us any?” Kris asked from the other side of the counter.

“How did I know you were going to ask? Here I made extras. Maybe if you were actually paying attention, you would realize that I took two extra cups for the both of you.” Baekhyun handed the two cups over the counter to the two erts.  

 

“Bottoms up!" Baekhyun raised her cup and the three men followed before the four of them took a sip of their drinks together and then she turned to Chanyeol and smiled before turning back to the two s.

 

"Alright guys we gotta go play some beer pongs! Laters guys! Come on Chanyeol!”

 

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol walked out of the spiders and roaches induced theme kitchen (really, whoever thought of that was either ing smart or ing gross) together with the both of them holding two cups while casually taking sips from their own cups. They began walking through the crowd of bodies and a few times, someone would accidentally bump into Baekhyun, which promoted Chanyeol to walk behind her with his hands on both side of her as a blockage from incoming drunkies.

Baekhyun turned and looked up to give Chanyeol a look and whispered a shy ‘thank you’ and in return, she received a gorgeous man smiling down at her. As soon as they were clear of the mass of body grinding on each other, Chanyeol walked side by side with her and he couldn’t see it but she was blushing like crazy. Not knowing if it was the potion already going into effect or if it truly was because of the way he just protected her.

 

 

“So, did you just get here?” Chanyeol asked.

“Nope, been here for about half an hour now. What about you?” Baekhyun asked in return, feigning innocent about her knowledge of Chanyeol’s arrival.

“I literally just walked in and everyone flocked me asking me to play beer pong with them. I couldn’t really hear what they were saying so I just said okay.” Chanyeol laughed.

“This is nice.” Baekhyun said while smiling.

“What is?” Chanyeol turned to look at Baekhyun, completely caught off guard and confused at the change in subject.

“Talking to you as friends and not as chemistry partner. I was under the impression that I was nothing more than a classmate.” Baekhyun pouted as she turned to look at Chanyeol.

“You’re too cute. You’re lucky I can’t pinch your cheeks right now.” Chanyeol let out a small laugh.

 

 

Baekhyun turned her face and walked away quickly, still hearing the giant’s deep laugh. She walked over to the guy standing by the table, assuming he’s her partner. As she approached the broken glass themed ping pong table, she noticed that the same girl who came to notify her of Chanyeol’s agreement was the same girl who was standing on the other side of the same, safely assuming that she’s Chanyeol’s partner.

Baekhyun handed the cup with the number over to her partner as she watched Chanyeol hand the number cup in his hand to his partner.

 

“Let’s make a toast and down half the cup before we start the game.” Baekhyun suggested. She grabbed a hold of her partner’s arm and walked towards Chanyeol and his partner.

“To the winning team!” Baekhyun held up her cup

Everyone laughed, but repeated her 4-word speech, before they and even the crowd began downing their drink. When everyone took their large gulp, Baekhyun couldn’t help it but to let out an extra toast.

“And we can’t forget about the losing team! So, to the losing team!” She giggled and pointed at Chanyeol, who only laughed and shook his head at the adorable policewoman.

 

Everyone giggled at her perky little comment but they drank to her toast nonetheless.

 

By the time both teams were down to three cups each, somehow, the game became a battle between Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Their teammates were still playing and taking their turns, but it was only Baekhyun and Chanyeol that were drinking.

 

"You can't get this! Even with your long arms you can't reach it!" Baekhyun yelled to distract Chanyeol from throwing it into the cup.

 

Everyone around was silent as they watched Chanyeol throw the ball.

 

Bullseye!

 

"Dammit!" Baekhyun said, picking the ball from the cup before drinking the entire content. "Alright Park. Be prepared to take a double shot because I’m gonna show you how pros do it!"

 

Baekhyun got into position to throw the ball and was about to throw it but then—

 

"Are you sure those t-rex arms could reach over here?"

 

"PARK CHANYEOL!" Baekhyun jumped back, clutching her chest. "You prick! I was about to throw it!"

 

Chanyeol couldn't stop laughing. "Don't let me distract you babe."

 

 

How the hell was Baekhyun supposed to focus now with the object of her affection calling her pet names like that? She couldn't help but flush a little more. She looked up at the vampire and scowled at him before sticking her tongue out and then threw the ball.

 

The game ended with Baekhyun pouting up at the giant. She was holding two small shot cups filled with Hennessy, one in each hand and while everyone else continued on to another round of beer pong, Baekhyun and Chanyeol went into the kitchen to settle the bet.

 

 

“Drink one~” Baekhyun whined to the vampire, one hand with a small shot cup in front of Chanyeol’s face.

 

“Nope. You lost, you drink.” Chanyeol smirked.

 

“Please~” Dammit, who could ever say ‘no’ to that pout and puppy eyes.

 

“Fine, only because you’re being extra cute today.” Chanyeol shook his head but the smile on his face didn’t go unnoticed by the happy girl. He took the cup from her hand and headed over to the ice chest to grab a can of coke.

 

“Today? So I’m not cute any other day?” Baekhyun asked sadly, and also pouting as she followed Chanyeol.

 

He looked up at her and saw that she had a little pout and maybe it was all of the beer he drank from the beer pong, or maybe it was the mix drink Baekhyun made, or maybe it was the potion, but he couldn’t help voicing his honest opinions.

 

“Nope, not cute at all,” Chanyeol teased, liking how Baekhyun’s pout became more prominent, “You’re absolutely beautiful, every single day.” Then he leaned down and gave her a peck on the lips.

 

Chanyeol thought he did something he shouldn’t have done because when he stood back up, Baekhyun was unmoving. Her eyes were still wide in shock and she was staring at Chanyeol with no reaction. He started feeling the strong urge and the want to hold her, the want to do more, but he was afraid she wasn’t going to like it.

 

“B-Baekhyun, I’m s-sorry.” Chanyeol tried to apologize.

 

As if his voice took her out of her trance and realizing what had happened, she couldn’t help but blush a little more than she had already been. She didn’t want to ruin this chance and she could see that Chanyeol was starting to regret what he just did and she definitely could not have that!

 

“I’m going to arrest you!” Baekhyun said, trying to lift up the mood.

 

“W-what?” He asked in confusion.

 

“I’m going to arrest you for kissing me and making my heart flutter! Now let’s take our shot before I really do arrest you.” Baekhyun smirked, she could see Chanyeol’s shoulders relaxing as he let out a loud laugh.

 

“To not being arrested.” Chanyeol said as he raised the shot up to Baekhyun’s raised one.

 

“Unless it’s from a y police woman in a very short dress, then yes, to not being arrested.” Baekhyun added.

 

Instead of making a comment, Chanyeol chugged his shot and took a big gulp of coke before passing the can to Baekhyun so she could do the same. When she was done with the coke, she made a face at the burn of carbonation and Chanyeol couldn’t help but laugh and pinch her nose.

 

She loved the affection he was showing her but she wanted more. In the back of her head she knew it was the potion’s doing, but she also wanted to believe that these were Chanyeol’s true and honest feelings, hoping that after this week, things will be the same or even better and not go back to the way they were—classmates.

 

Baekhyun decided that she wanted to go sit by the pool area and asked Chanyeol to accompany her, which she was glad that he accepted. She really wanted to get to know Chanyeol more and to let Chanyeol know more about her as well, and what better way to talk at a party full of dancing bodies grinding on each other, than to sit at the pool?

 

“Thank you.” Baekhyun said shyly, walking straight but looking down at her fiddling fingers.

 

“For what?” Chanyeol replied, taking notice of Baekhyun looking downward.

 

“For taking that shot with me.”

 

“With you or for you?” Chanyeol grinned.

 

“With me, for me, same thing! You still drank it smartie pants!” Chanyeol laughed and in her defense, she crossed her hands at her chest and walked faster. “And here I was, being nice and thanking you! I take it back!” She yelled back, not realizing that Chanyeol walking normally would be the equivalent to her fast pace walking.

 

 

As they got to the pool area, Baekhyun saw that there were only a few other people around, some on the other side of the pool and some further away. Baekhyun walked towards the corner of the pool area where no one was at. She liked that it was a bit secluded so on her way over, she grabbed two of the chairs and dragged it to her spot.

 

The both of them sat in silence for a few minutes. Baekhyun was enjoying being next to Chanyeol, while the latter was having an internal battle with what to say.

 

“Have you started on your lab report yet?” Was the only thing Chanyeol could think of.

 

“Wow… really? You are such a buzzkill. Do you really have to bring up school right now?!” Baekhyun said exasperatedly, which only earned a chuckle from the other.

 

“Sorry, sorry! It’s just… no offense, but I have no idea what to talk about.”

 

“Are you saying that I’m boring?”

 

“No, not at all. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I’m a man of a few words. Conversations aren’t my type of thing.”

 

“What is your type of thing?”

 

“I’ll tell you, but then I’ll have to kill you, or in this case, all of your blood.”

 

“Ouu, . Okay Mr. Drac, so that’s what all the fuss about you around town is all about.” Baekhyun joked with a small laugh.

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Chanyeol defended, as if being the school’s most wanted bachelor was an embarrassment. Then again, this was Chanyeol.

 

 

 

They talked for about another half an hour just getting to know more about each other—their hobbies, what they liked and disliked. It was then that Baekhyun realized something, something that only made her heart grow a bit fonder.

 

 

“Chanyeol?” Baekhyun asked, which she received a hm in response.

 

“Can I be honest with you?”

 

“Well, if I am to be honest, that sounds kind of scary, but sure.”

 

“It’s just… You’re not the person I thought you were.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, you’re the school’s famous quarterback, right?” She got a nod as an answer. “Shouldn’t you be, I don’t know… jock-ish?”

 

Chanyeol laughed, “Well, stereotype doesn’t always turn out to be true.”

 

“You’re so humble, it’s actually scary.”

 

“Am I?”

 

“See what I mean! You’re handsome, you’re smart, you’re the school’s most wanted, and you’re… sitting here with me, I don’t know, I’m pretty honored to be very honest.” Baekhyun looked over at him and batted her eyelashes.

 

“You think I’m handsome?”

 

“That’s all you heard out of that entire novel I just gave you? Of course I do. Have you seen yourself?!” While Baekhyun was used to being bold, she wasn’t used to being this bold towards her crush and at the moment, she didn’t know where this boldness was coming from.

 

“You’re crazy.” Chanyeol continued laughing.

 

“You should be going around the school getting girls, flirting with teachers to pass the class, and beating up boys, yet, you go to class every day, well at least the days I see you in organic and I’ve never seen you with any girl whenever I see you outside of class.”

 

Chanyeol leaned in closer to Baekhyun, “So should I start doing all of that?”

 

Baekhyun, caught off guard, slapped his chest playfully.

 

“Of course not! You better not!”

 

 

 

Chanyeol couldn’t do anything but sit back and laugh; he could sense her jealously. He always found her to be the most adorable yet beautiful girl he has ever met. Her personality made her even more likeable and he always wanted to talk to her, but he was afraid of not being her type, afraid of being rejected.

 

He knew she hooked up with some of the guys on the football team, but after hearing that it only happened once with them, and that every time they asked her to ‘come play again’, she’d always reject them, he was afraid she wasn’t into having a relationship. But yet, something about her today just made him very cautious of her and very much want to protect her more and be with her more.

 

 

“Okay, I promise I won’t.”

 

 

Chanyeol could see that she was kind of shivering, it was fall and her costume barely covered anything. He tried really hard not to stare, but he was a man himself. Not wanting her to be eye- or freeze to death, he got up and took off his cloak and draped it over her body, putting the ends over her shoulders and tying it behind her neck so she could be fully covered.

 

 

“Ch-Chanyeol…”

 

“I don’t want you to freeze and if I’m gonna promise not to get girls, then you gotta promise not to wear this again because I don’t want the boys staring at you.”

 

 

Still hovered over her body, Chanyeol smiled at her, a very genuine smile; the kind of smile that she received from him during their lab projects. The kind of smile he gave to her when she finished their part of the project and celebrated. The kind of smile that Baekhyun wished would be for her and only her.

 

 

“Do you really promise?”

 

“Do you want me to?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Then I promise.”

 

 

It was Baekhyun’s turn to strain her neck up and peck Chanyeol’s lips. A kiss meant that she promised as well. The both of them adorning similar smiles on their faces when she sat back down.

 

 

“You really are beautiful.” Chanyeol cupped one of his hands on the side of her face and rubbed his thumb on her cheek.

 

“Stop it, you’re making me blush.” Baekhyun tried to move her head out of his hold and look down but he held onto her face.

 

“Good. I’m doing something right, then.”

 

“I take it back, you aren’t humble anymore. Where did all of this confident come from?” Baekhyun teased.

 

“There’s something about you…” Chanyeol whispered as he looked into her eyes. He trailed off and didn’t finish his sentence because instead of words, he showed her by leaning down and capturing her lips for a full passionate kiss.

 

“I like you, a lot.” Was the first thing Chanyeol said when they parted, both panting for air.

 

“Good, because I like me a lot too.” Baekhyun joked, which earned the loudest laugh from Chanyeol that she has ever heard.

 

 

--

 

 

It’s the last day since the potion has been consumed and to say Baekhyun wasn’t nervous for the after math was a complete lie. The first few days of the potion, she was enjoying the company of her current affection and not worried about the potion at all. But two days ago, she started to get a little more worried and nervous because despite showering her with endless amount of affection and attention, she knew there was a possibility that this was only because of the potion, not because Chanyeol actually had real feelings for her.

 

The days with Chanyeol was amazing. He would wait for her right outside of her class so they could walk to class together, talk and laugh during class, eat lunch together, and then he would walk her to her bus stop after they ate. They went to dinner twice and had lunch on the three days they had the same break. When they weren’t together, they were texting or talking to each other on the phone.

 

As the last day of the potion, she decided to not hangout with Chanyeol at all that day, sporting the “I’m busy today, but we can definitely hangout tomorrow!” excuse. She didn’t want to be left disappointed if they had such a good time today and tomorrow it would all be gone. She wanted to give Chanyeol some space today so when the potion wears off, he could still think about his option of wanting to spend time with her or not.

 

They talked on the phone and then texted the rest of the night but as soon as midnight hit, she bid him goodnight. Not wanting to be disappointed when his feelings for her as a classmate comes back.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

As her insecurities flooded her mind, the fact that Chanyeol started going back to pre-potion Chanyeol was making things harder for Baekhyun. All week long, after the potion has worn off, the text messages and phone calls became sparse and would mostly only come from her. It also didn’t help her at all that Chanyeol would only talk to her class, looking just as nervous as she did.

 

She decided that since there was one more day of class before the weekend, she would just it up and get drunk over the weekend.

 

The next day in their shared Organic Chemistry class, it was the same as the entire week, but for some reason, Baekhyun was more nervous today than she was the entire week. Maybe it was because it was Friday and she was hoping maybe something would have happened, but when Chanyeol greeted her with his normal pre-potion “Good morning Baekhyun” and his beautiful smile, all she could do was smile and greet him back in return.

 

She turned back to sit on her chair, feeling sad that Chanyeol really didn’t see her as more than a classmate. She was sitting there thinking to herself, wondering what was so wrong with her that he couldn’t like her.

 

 

“Penny for your thought?” She turned to Chanyeol, surprised that he even talked to her. She smiled as a response and then turned back in her desk.

 

“Is wishing for the impossible so hard?” She muttered to herself.

 

“What impossible thing were you wishing for?”

 

“H-huh?” Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol in shock, not realizing that he had heard her.

 

“You said were you wishing for the impossible… what was it?” Chanyeol casually asked as he began taking his necessities out of his backpack, then she realized that he hasn’t given her a hug or anything yet. Despite the fact that he’s actually talking and asking her questions was giving her more mix signals, until she realized that it was back to before.

 

 

Game over.

 

 

“Oh, it was nothing.”

 

“Oh okay. Did you finish your lab report?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Um… I’m almost done but not quite. Are you?”

 

“Yep, I finished it yesterday when you were with your friends. Hey are you busy after school?”

 

“Huh? Oh… uh… no I should be free. Why what’s up?” Baekhyun replied nervously. Not knowing where this will lead because pre-potion Chanyeol would never ask her this.

 

“Oh I was just wondering if you needed help with your lab report.” Of course that’s what it was…

 

“Um, sure if you don’t mind. You can come to my apartment whenever you’re free. I’ll be there the rest of the day…” and sulking, she wanted to add.

 

“Okay, awesome.” Just then, the professor walked in.

 

 

Perfect timing. Baekhyun thought. She needed her heart to calm down, she needed to unblush her cheeks, and she needed to collect herself because she couldn’t think at the moment.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened the door to find Chanyeol sporting a gorgeous smile and with his contagious beautiful smile, she couldn’t help but return it in return.

 

“Hey handsome.” She opened the door wider so Chanyeol could walk inside.

 

“Hey beautiful.” He said as he walked by her, ruffling her hair a bit.

 

“Stop it you beanstalk!” She tried but it only triggered a laugh out of the quarterback. “You don’t have practice today?”

 

“I did, but I told coach I wasn’t feeling well so he let me go… he’s focusing more on the defensive line for this week’s game so I’ll be okay to skip practice today.”

 

“You’re not feeling well? Are you okay? Are you sick? Do you want medicine? Did you eat? Hold on I’ll make you some porridge really quick!” Baekhyun said worriedly, showing how much she cared and when she was about to get up and walk off, Chanyeol grabbed her wrist and held her back.

 

“Stay. I’m not sick… I lied to coach.”

 

“Oh… you bad boy!” Baekhyun smacked his arm. “You got me scared and worried for nothing!” And when he started smiling and laughing, “It’s not funny Park Chanyeol! I was so worried!”

 

When he saw that she was getting teary-eyed, his laughter died a little but the smile on his face was still, very much, there. He grabbed her and put her on his lap, facing him and hugged her.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to.” He said.

 

“You bad boy… don’t do that again.” She said softly, face buried in his neck, showing how worried she was that he might have been sick.

 

He pulled back and began wiping the tears threaten to fall from her eyes.

 

“I’m really sorry Baek. I lied to coach just so I could come see you.”

 

“H-huh? Why?”

 

“Because…” Grabbing both sides of her face with his hands, “I was missing someone too much. She rain checked our date last week and totally ditched me for sleep right before midnight.”

 

She could only laugh at the craziness Chanyeol was spurting.

 

“You’re crazy.”

 

“I am… for you I am… Baekhyun…” Chanyeol pulled her face closer to his. “Would you be my girlfriend?”

 

“Yes!” It was Baekhyun who closed the gap between them, throwing her arms around his neck and pushing his head closer to deepen the kiss.

 

When they parted, Chanyeol’s hands were still wrapped around her waist and he couldn’t help but smile at his beautiful girlfriend, teary-eyed and all.

 

“By the way, I also lied when I said I finished my lab report. You’ll have to help me.”

 

“Why did you even lie?!” Baekhyun laughed.

 

“Because if you said you were finished, I was gonna ask if you could help me, but since you said you weren’t, I needed to find an excuse to come over anyway.”

 

 

Even though Baekhyun used the potion to get what she wanted, at least she now know that Chanyeol truly did have feelings for her.

 

 

 

Thank you Grandma! I owe you one sista!

 

 

 

 


 

this story was inspired by Little Mix - Black Magic! it doesn't match the MV at all but I wrote the plot and the main points based solely on listening to the song... it wasn't until I was halfway done with the story that I watched the MV and realized it doesn't match up at all LOL 

 

but what I am most happy about is the fact that I wanted to stay away from the nerdy/jock concept and it turned out perfectly! i also wanted to keep it super light and a little bit fluffy so I hope I didn't disappoint in those two areas =D

 

 

 

 

luhan's outfit:

 

baek's outfit:

soo's outfit: