Just for tonight... Stay

Rest of my life

 

I'm not really good at writing stories, but it won't hurt to try :) anyway, here you go!

 

_______________________________________________________

"I'm here by the east entrance of the hotel. Meet you in 5." The tanned woman sat on the driver's seat, unsure of how long she waited, but she didn't mind. She could wait for years if she had to. But she doesn't have to.

She shifted uncomfortably on her seat. Clenching, unclenching her hands on the steering wheel, she sighed. She waited for months for this day to finally dawn upon her. She needed to talk to her. She might not listen, but for all she cares it was her. She would take any chance she could as long as it was her.

A faint knock on the passenger's seat was heard. Yuri looked at the slim figure outside and unlocked the door, motioning her to enter.

The air inside the car was thick with awkwardness. Both parties refusing to utter the first words to start a conversation.

"H-hi." Was all her stupid damn mind could come up with to say to the younger of the Jung sisters.

"I still haven't forgiven you for what you did." Krystal answered indifferently. She refused to look at the woman who brought her sister to tears and despair.

"I haven't forgiven myself too." Came a broken whisper. Yuri closed her eyes, reliving a particular moment a year ago.

__________________________________________________________________

Stay.

A word that will forever be stitched at the edge of her tongue. A word that could have save them both. A word she failed to say the moment she needed it.

"Don't let me go." Jessica's eyes bore into her heart. Her soul. Yuri couldn't stand to look into the reflection of love right in front of her. To see her saying---begging to be held on to, it killed her, painfully. Ever so painfully, that she had to grip her own shirt tightly. A little more and it will rip apart.

"Yuri, I love you."

She died a little right then and there.

How could she deal with this woman? How could she leave knowing it will kill them both? But then the words of the company lead her out of her reverie. "She's out of the group."

Jessica was to leave.

Yuri was left with no more goodbyes to say, no more goodbyes to take. One last look at Jessica, blonde hair, tear-strained cheeks, porcelain skin, sharp nose, exquisite human she was. But she walked away. With every step she took, she left bits of her whole being, hoping they would find themselves to where they belonged to. Leaving them to her, but Jessica never knew. Maybe she never would. Along with them, was the word Jessica pleaded to hear.

Stay.

________________________________________________________________________________________

"Unnie."

"Unnie!!"

The younger of the Jung siblings had to smack the tanned woman at the back of her head.

"Were you even listening to what I was saying?" Krystal squinted her eyes and flashed an annoyed look at Yuri.

"Huh?"

Krystal rolled her eyes and said,"I'm meeting her in 15 minutes. The event by WKorea will probably end at around 11. I'll bring her to the suite you booked so you could talk."

Yuri let out a breathe of relief. "Thank you." She wanted to cry, but she held it in. Krystal's icy glare softened. She loved Yuri like her sister, and it angered her knowing what she did to Jessica, but she could never be selfish enough to forbid this one chance of her sister meeting Yuri.

"Look, the only reason why I'm doing this is for her to get the proper closure she deserves. Just...just don't leave her like that again. I'll be going." With that Krystal left to join Jessica on the red carpet.

________

"There." Yuri put on the last of her make-up for her disguise. Boy-cut wig, brown trenchcoat, slacks and cap, she could fool almost anyone. Almost, that is unless you'd look into her eyes and knew such brown orbs belonged to SNSD's one and only black pearl. "Okay, Yuri, you can do this. You can do this for her." Yuri went out her safe haven and entered the field of uncertainty for tonight.

 

There were numurous cars in line in front of the hotel as stars entered the red carpet. The inrush of people wore lavish outfits, clearly showing the worth of their wealth. WKorea held its event for the upper-class celebrities, and it was tradition to hold it in one of Korea's most prestigious hotels. People were greeting each other, some who were kind enough, and some who were hypocritically inclined to meet and greet. Waiters were rushing to get food on their plates, and drinks in their glasses. Yuri stood just by the entrance, close enough to see who was entering, but far enough to be considered "safe". She held her camera close to her face, her "Photographer's Pass" provided by Krystal dangling by the neck. She was on her toes, trying to search for that one woman. One she was dying to see in person for a year now. As she turned her face a little to the left, she was there with her sister, waving to the cameras. It felt like she took all the air in the world. She couldn't find the moment to even breathe. She looked.... beautiful was even an understatement. She couldn't find words to describe her. She only knew it made her heart stop beating. It had been too long since her eyes were fed of the clear, real image of her. Her hair, usually in waves, was straight, touching her midsection. Her coat, it was loose, but still emphasized her slim figure. Her eyes sparkled, Yuri was tranfixed by the candescent orbs caused by the fire in her eyes.

"Jessica!! Krystal!! Look here!!

"Jessica to the right!!"

Cameras were continuously clicked, flashing blinding lights. Jessica smiled at them, with Krystal by her side. Yuri froze when she shifted her face to look at her direction. She didn't know if she was looking directly at her, but her eyes held her signature glare. Yuri shivered at that. Jessica held her gaze for not too long than a few seconds. Jessica pulled her sister's hand gently to lead her inside the ballroom. Yuri's eyes followed her until she could no longer see her. She immediately went to the suite she booked for that night. It was time.

_____________________________________________________________

The suite was baronial. The living room was extra wide, having a full wall of floor-to-ceiling windows, with the backdrop of Seoul Tower. The walls were full of paintings by international artists. The floor was carpeted only by the most expensive ones. A state-of-the-art TV in front of the extravagant leather couch. But Yuri didn't care. She paced around the room, calming her nerves. The emotions was all too much for her. When she heard faint voices just outside the room, a part of her wanted to jump off the building. But she needed to see her. Quietly, she placed herself behind the door and pressed her right ear on it.

"----for that, Soojung. I didn't remember you telling me about booking a suite here." Oh my. It felt as if she heard her voice for the first time. It sounded so devastatingly alluring. Her voice screamed home for Yuri.

"I did. You were dozing off when I told you. I'll just meet up with some friends downstairs. You can go and check the room if you want." Jessica sighed. Krystal left her there, standing in front of her, with a door in between them both.

Yuri heard the sound of a beep, and she stepped back a good distance. She lead her hand on her chest, where her heart was. It knew the one it was beating for was here. Then, her woman entered. She didn't notice another party in the room for she was busy with her handbag. Jessica swore she should've stayed busy with it when she looked up. Yuri.

They both stood there, looking at each other. Yuri's heart leapt, radiating waves of heat down to her soul, was bearing itself to Jessica, and she was on the verge of breaking down. She ached for Jessica with urgency. She longed to hold her again with the most absolute love and passion. Yet the dancing flames inside her was in contrast of the cold air twirling inside her significant other. Jessica was a whirlwind of emotions and boiling sensations, with no space for any rational thinking or plan.

"W-w-what...why..h-how..." If not for the circumstace they were in, Yuri would've laughed at her for stuttering, but she understood her Sica. She was nervous, probably afraid of feeling the all-too familiar eruption of pain in the pits of her heart. Yuri would never allow that to happen ever again.

"I-I.. well you see--- I w-wanted to see you.. because---I...." Yet Yuri found herself the same.

"You're not supposed to be here." Jessica seemed trying to convince herself rather than Yuri. Yuri shook her head.

"But I am."

"And what do you expect to get from this? All that we have is gone, over." Jessica answered coldly. Yuri felt the tears prickling at the back of her eyes. felt like constricting. She closed her eyes for a moment, trying not to lose her compsure. This was one of the moments Yuri felt completely helpless. The dull ache in her chest moving to her whole body. The ache only seemed to worsen when she looked at Jessica. Her eyes felt like the ocean, Yuri was drowning in it, and she didn't mind not being able to breathe. But she felt broken seeing how Jessica was looking at her, eyes empty of emotions. Of love.

"I'm here because I wanted---needed to see you, Sica. Please, listen--"

Jessica cut her off,"Don't you think you've hurt me enough? The moment you walked away from me, I was desperate enough to kneel down and ask you to save me from the misery about to enter my life! You abandoned me in the pits of loneliness. You rubbed salt to my wounds when you dated another!! You killed me twice by then. You looked so happy that every smile I saw when they mentioned him would yield a dagger in my heart. And now, to think you've got the guts to even come and see me, even asking my sister to help you. My god, Yuri! What the hell are you even thinking? Why, Yuri?!"

"Because I'm as broken as you, Sica!!" Yuri harshly whispered. She bit on her knuckles to prevent herself from crumbling down. She didn't want to cry in front of her. She needed to be strong for her, yet here she was, doing exactly the opposite. "You think it was easy for me?! We knew how hard you have worked for your brand, Sica, and we also knew how your being was in the group. We never wanted you to choose, but the company deemed it fit to let you go to focus on Blanc. If you just saw it the way we did, you would understand why we had to do it. As for the dating scandal, I was forced to meet up with him to spice up the news. He was a good friend, and will remain one. I'm here now to fix what I have broken. Just let me pick up your fallen pieces. Please, Sica."

Yuri waited for something. Anything. She would rather be hurt right now than to have nothing. Yuri looked fragile, having a melancholic look. Her supposed strong demeanor was still apparent, but it was slowly fading as the seconds tick by with Jessica having no say nor reaction. Yuri felt uncomfortable with the possible scenarios in her mind after her outburst, each ending more sadly after the other. But there was still a little petal of hope within Yuri.

"I missed you." Slowly, Yuri walked towards her, as if each step would break a little of Jessica, and judging from the liquid cascading down her cheeks, like a stream, Yuri doubt she wouldn't break, even a little. Jessica shook her head.

"No." Jessica attempted to walk away, but Yuri held on to her wrist. She gently pulled Jessica towards her, pressing her chest against her small back. Jessica didn't try to break free, strength diminished after feeling the embrace she longed for so long. Both hearts wanting to break free of their cages to be reunited again. Toned arms s themselves around Jessica's waist. Yuri buried her face in the crook of her neck, inhaling Jessica's scent, deciding right then that it was how love smelled.

 

Because, after all, all that is Jessica is all that is love.

"I'm sorry for letting you go, Sica. I thought doing so would let you reach your dreams. I couldn't bear holding you back. If letting you go would mean you'd achieve what you want, then i'd let you go and go through the pain, over and over again. But please Sica, you have no idea how suffocating it was to breathe everyday, living, knowing you weren't beside me anymore. I lived without you, but I don't want to. I want to be with you. No more fame, no more of this career. Please, just let me be with you."

Only when Jessica felt a tickling sensation on the right side of her neck, did she realize Yuri was crying. She felt insensitive for thinking she was the only one hurting. Only then did she realize, it took as much strength as she did in holding onto Yuri as Yuri did in letting her go.

She forcefully pried Yuri's arms around her, for the woman wouldn't let go and faced her love.

Yuri couldn't even talk in between gasps for air. She was crying, both for what they lost and what they could have had. She allowed herself to mourn for what they have becomed.

Yuri's heart was beating hard as she looked at Jessica. She found cocktails of emotions, leaving her speechless. Jessica realized that no matter how broken and cold she was, she could never extinguish the flame of love she had for Yuri. Yuri did hurt her, but she loved her just the same. When they loved each other for the first time, it felt like wildfire, fast, and it burned every cell in their body. Now, their love erupted with lava, slow, but still burned with the same volume as it did the first time. It was heaven for both.

"Sica--" Yuri was about to say something when Jessica tangled her fingers in Yuri's raven locks and kissed her. Yuri missed the feeling of her lips against hers. Finally, Yuri moved her lips with Jessica, doing the tender dance only possible with two mouths. She let her fingers Jessica's cheeks lovingly, then to her jaw, then down to her neck. Yuri pulled her closer to her body, letting her hands rest on Jessica's waist.

Jessica pulled away, only having Yuri chase her lips, craving for the tender caress. Yuri pressed her lips harder to her Sica's, but Yuri hadn't held the slightest bit of lust. It was all longing and love, and Yuri had known each individually, but not knowing both could entwine in such intensity. They've never squeezed her chest tightly, but it was a squeeze that brought warmth to her veins, and to Jessica's. Yuri kissed her long enough for Jessica to understand she would never let her go, not after tonight. Not ever. But Jessica knew the moment she saw the tanned beauty stand in the middle of the hotel room.

The shorter girl managed to push her away, inhaling generous amounts of air for the lungs. "I..would love.. to kiss you forever... but I can't breathe."

And for the first time since they've separated, they laughed. It sounded like a song with all the perfect notes. Each dancing in synchronity with one another. They were still in each other's arms, looking at each other.

"I love you." Jessica speaks first. Again, the opportunity to push her away, to deny her.

"And I love you." Yuri never took that opportunity.

"Yuri." She says her name, and Yuri thinks her name sounds the most beautiful coming from Jessica's lips. Then her Sica's fingers found their way to the back of her neck. A necklace. Jessica bit her lower lip, obviously feeling uneasy. But why?

"Sica? Is something wrong?"

Jessica took her necklace off. She revealed a silver ring in her small palms. It was simple, no diamonds nor intricate designs, just a plain ring. She stared at Yuri, thinking how many times they lost each other before they met again. Yuri's expression fearful, and Jessica had the urge to laugh, or cry for what she was about to do next.

"Months before I left the group I went to visit my parents back in San Francisco. We bonded and stuff, then my mother gave me this ring." Jessica held it up for Yuri to see. "It was her engagement ring given by my father. Knowing about our relationship, she told me that maybe if I felt the time was right, I could ask for your hand in marriage. It doesn't matter who asks right? As long as it's us, it doesn't matter." Tears started forming in Yuri's eyes. Words seemed useless at the moment. "I thought about it for months. We've been together for what, 6, 7, years? It's not enough. I want to be with you for the rest of my life, Yul. So I asked permission from your family in secret. Then, I planed on proposing on your 26th birthday, but I was never given the chance. When you left me that night, I thought my hopes of being married to you would always stay a dream away, never to come true. However..."

Yuri felt her heart at the edge of seeing her love on her knees. "Kwon Yuri, will you---" Jessica never got the chance to ask as Yuri yanked her up and hugged her, lifting the body from the ground, there was definitely no finesse in it, just pure, raw emotions of love and happiness.

"I'll marry you."

________________________________________________________________________________

 

They settle themselves on the bed, legs tangled, fingers intertwined, bodies pressed together, wanting to be physically closer. It was serene. The rest of the world seemed planets away. In the small space in the hotel room, it was just the two of them. Nothing else mattered.

Yuri settled her head on Jessica's chest, hearing her heart beating. Her eyelashes slightly touched Jessica's neck.

"I can't wait to marry you." Jessica looked down at her. Yuri's gaze as loving as her touch on her fingers. Yuri continued,"I've always seen in it my mind, the scene of you walking down the aisle. I've seen you in a white dress, simple, but ever so breathtaking. And the girls would be our bridesmaids, crying on the side in joy. My parents would give me a thumbs-up, with my old man saying I hit the jackpot in having you as my wife, and my brother would silently cry watching his sister get married. Maybe, maybe we can share the news to the fans and they would say to each other, 'I told you so.' I can't wait for all of it to become real. I love you so damn much. If I could leave my career and all of that behind to be with you so I could marry you right now, I would def--"

Jessica pecked her lips to stop her. Listen to me, her kiss demanded. "I know you would. But I don't want you to throw away all of that. That was your dream even before we met and wanted to get married. Giving it up would also throw a part of me away. I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes." Jessica gaped at Yuri. She was in a daze, having a hard time believing this was real, that Yuri was with her. But when her fingers felt the ring on Yuri's, she knew it was. "I love you."

"When all of this is over, wherever you go, I go. I'll follow you anywhere, Sica. I'll have you by my side. l'll make sure to make you stay."

Yuri never knew it was possible to even love someone as much as she loved Jessica. As she looked at her lover, her fiancèe, she vowed to keep her for the rest of their lives. Tonight, they would make love for the longest time, and surrender themselves to each other. But, the night could never wait on them, so the morning came. They would temporarily part ways. Unlike the last time, their hearts swelled with love and excitement for what's to come. Then they would find themselves back in each other's arms.

One day.

Someday.