#Practice 035

Practice Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Practice Love
The Practice

#Practice 035
Always follow your feelings, they might be wrong, but always follow you feelings. 

 

It rained that day. The blinds were closed, the windows were shut tight, and the room was filled in pure, pure darkness. This has just became one of those nights where she couldn't sleep in. The thought of someone watching her all these while scared her. It was horrifying to see the wet footprints on the ground, the defined footprints that showed how far had the person eavesdropped. "Mia." She heard his voice, Mark's voice, but she couldn't see. There was nothing for her to see at all. It was just the darkness, her fear, and... Just her. "Mia." His voice sounded faint, so far away.

 

"Mia!" She gasped, eyes rounded, iris shrunk as she panted under the dim light set by their side. Blurred, was the deep shade of crimson warmth that cupped her cheeks in worries. "Thank god." He let out a soft sigh and smiled, resting his head on hers as he bit his lips, suppressing himself from the outburst of feelings the engulfed him. 

 

"Thank god..." His breath was shaky, chords shivered like the broken ripples. His thumb drew circles, gently caressed her cheeks as he tried his best to fake a smile. Her hands reached, gently placed on his hands. There, Mia noticed. His hands were trembling. She frowned and pursed her lips. "I'm fine." Her words came in pants, skin finding the chills on her drenched face. She had been dropping cold sweat on her face from the nightmare that haunted her. 

 

"You're not." He said, head still pressed against hers. His thumb reached to wipe the chilled droplets as she sighed in content. A soft smile played on her face as she shakes her head. "I'm really fine, Mark." She tried to reassure the man, though it didn't seem to help, it never did. Mark shook his head and sighed once more. Carefully, he pulled himself back, deciding that he was slowly crossing the line, but she held him back, pulling him in as she pressed her lips. 

 

"I..." She started, brows kneaded, unsure of what to say next. Pulling him back to the bed was a reflex, it wasn't an intention. So what was she supposed to say now? She wasn't sure. There was no excuse, nothing else she could have said then. "Don't leave..." Her voice hoarse, trapped desperate as her brows kneaded tighter, and he stirred. 

 

There was the silence, then there were them. Quietly, he removed the quilt that embraced her cold, trembling body and joined in the limited space of the single bed. Under the covers, her head fell on his right arm that served as a pillow. His left arm carefully wrapped around her waist, pulling her into his warmth as he closes his eyes. He couldn't think, nothing was going through his mind. All he wanted was to make sure that she was alright, that she was not taking everything upon herself. What scared him now wasn't the fact that someone has been watching them back there, but the fact there is a chance for Mia to leave to avoid.

 

He tightened his grip, his right hand carefully shifted under her head as he pulls her deeper into his arms. He wouldn't want her to leave, that's for sure. And if the ones that were watching her were from her parents, he'd like to have a long chat with them. Although this might have sounded selfish of him, but he wanted them to know that she is doing fine without them. The past history that blinded her decisions and perception of life... He wanted to change them. 

 

He wanted her to know that he'd always be here for her, even when she tries to push him away. 

 

So he held on. He held her in his arms without a second thought. "I like you, Mia." His confession came out as a whisper this time, as he heard her soft, steady breathing this time. She was finally asleep, soundly in his arms. Smiling slightly, he gently brushed her loose stands, caressing her head as he, himself closes his eyes. Head tilted in, and he dropped a sigh in relief. 

 

Please don't turn it into a nightmare tonight. 

 

 

Summer break ends with the speed of light, as fast as the autumn wind that blows over the dried brown leaves. The moment she opens her eyes was when it finally occurred to her that it has became another day for her who spent almost the entire summer at Mark's place, and also the fact that she was embraced, engulfed in his warmth. It was that morning when she'll open her eyes to see his face right before hers, his arms firmly wrapped around her petite body, and his warmth embracing her so dearly, it melts. 

 

She looked up, taking note of the fading red on his head. Pursing her lips, she watched as he adjusted and swung their bags behind his back, his other hand casually tugged in his pocket as he looked far ahead. Mark has once again took a hold of her bag and made sure that he had kept it out of her reach. She shook her head at his childish attempts, but at one point, she was once again, grateful for the distractions. She needed them, she needed all the distractions she get to stop thinking about the fact that someone had their eyes on her. 

 

"Mia." She blinked her eyes at the man who raised an eyebrow at her. Mark was just there, standing in a comfortable posture, but was it just her or does he seemed relatively... good looking today. Mia pinned her lower lip in and mentally knocked her thoughts aside. Who is she kidding? Mark Tuan had always been good looking. She was the least bit aware of that, judging from the soft, muffled comments coming from the middle schoolers who are standing beside them. They were complimenting Mark's looks, and were discussing if they should walk up to talk to him. 

 

Her ears perked up, and almost immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter