Chapter 34

CLOSER [HIATUS]

When Won Woo and Soo Min got home, she went straight to her room and hid under her bed covers. He was hoping he could have talked to her but he figured he should give her some time to cool down. He thought it would be about an hour or two, but it was almost dinner time and she was still the same, locked up in her room under the covers.

 

She just lied in bed and wouldn’t respond to Won Woo’s questions when he came to check on her. He felt like maybe she was asleep and he woke her up, he left so she could rest up some more before he’d check on her again. He walked around the apartment for a bit, his mind was full of worry, he wondered what happened between his friends? It must’ve been bad, she was so upset when she got into the car earlier. A part of him wanted to go out and find Jihoon, but he didn’t want to leave Soo Min at home alone. So he pulled his phone out and sent Jihoon a text.

 

Won Woo: Hey.

 

Jihoon: Hey.

 

Won Woo: What happened?

 

He knew Jihoon would know what he was talking about, and he did.

 

Jihoon: We fought, if it wasn’t obvious.

 

Won Woo: About?

 

Jihoon: Surely you should know about it already, right?

Jihoon: You two are so close and everything, she told you, right?

 

Won Woo: No. She hasn’t told me anything.

Won Woo: I only know that she was going to try

and reconnect your friendship with Ren. I told her to

be careful, but I guess it would have turned out that way regardless.

 

Jihoon: So, you knew about her meeting with Ren?

Jihoon: You’ve been hanging out with him, too?

 

Won Woo: I saw them in the park, yesterday.
But I didn’t say hi, I was already busy hanging out

with Mingyu…

Won Woo: And, I haven’t hung out with Ren, but
I’ve bumped into him a lot.

 

Jihoon: That’s nice. Leave me in the dark and everything.

Jihoon: And supposedly, I’m the bad friend here?

This doesn’t seem right.

 

Won Woo: I don’t know what was said between

you two, but you have to know we aren’t trying to

hurt you, Jihoon.

Won Woo: Things have been strange lately ever since

Ren entered the picture. I’m really lost and confused…

and I hate to see you two fighting over it. Soo Min wasn’t trying

to hurt you, you know that, right?

 

Won Woo frowned when it seemed like Jihoon wasn’t going to respond. He knew texting him was going to be difficult, Jihoon could easily just ignore the messages and turn off his phone if he didn’t want to talk, it was easy compared to being face to face.

 

Jihoon: I wouldn’t know that. Because I’m a jerk

who never makes time for anything anymore…

 

He could tell that must’ve been one of the things his friends fought about. Soo Min had told Won Woo about it briefly once before, but she didn’t want to talk about it for too long. Won Woo had felt the same, when they had gone to plan Jeonghan’s birthday party, Jihoon managed to kick them out after he got annoyed. She had asked him to help plan out the party, but he spent most of the time on his computer piecing a song together. She was really thinking hard, so she didn’t notice it that much at the time, but Won Woo, who was at a loss for ideas had noticed it clearly. He had thought, If he didn’t want to help, he should have just said so.

 

Won Woo: I know you’re really passionate about your music,

but you really have to make time for other things or you will

eventually get sick of making music, it’ll feel like you must

instead of want.

Won Woo: I don’t mind it that much, because I rarely ever

need to come and talk to you, but Soo Min does. When I’m

not around, she comes to you. When you send her away because

you’re busy, do you not know how alone she feels? Don’t you feel

alone, too?

 

Once again, Jihoon wasn’t responding. Won Woo felt like his last reply really got to him this time and he was now going to ignore him. I’ll let him be, just for a little bit…

 

 

Jihoon put his phone away when Ren returned from the bathroom and cleared his throat to get rid of the sting in the back of his eyes. “Do you not know how alone she feels? Don’t you feel alone, too?” Those words really got to him and he hated it. Damn him, why did he have to say that? Because it was true.

 

Now that he fought with her, he felt alone. Because he knew he couldn’t just simply go see her now, he really messed up with saying such harsh things to her like that. He hated how he let his bitter feelings get in the way, he let it get in the way of seeing what she was trying to do for him. For him. She was doing it for him and he went and took it all the wrong way. How could he do that?

 

“Are you okay?” Ren asked when he noticed Jihoon’s dejected expression.

 

Here he was, with a person he once was close with, his first real best friend. The friend he felt so alone without his presence when he moved to Seoul. Ren was back, but now he felt alone without Soo Min’s presence. I feel kind of selfish. He thought. I’ll feel lonely without everyone… He recalled the words she said to him before Ren stepped in between them. “If you don’t listen to your friends, you’re not going to have any in the end.”

 

Jihoon remained quiet and Ren seemed to understand that it was hard for him to talk right now, despite he did try to get him to talk before in the past. He learned to be patient with that and it was good since he didn’t want things to take a turn for the worse again. After a few minutes, he let out a deep sigh.

 

Jihoon: I’m sorry.

You’re right.

Jihoon: I don’t want to be alone.

I’ll come to apologize tomorrow.

So, please take care of her until then.

 

Won Woo: Of course.

Don’t worry, things will be okay.

 

Jihoon really hoped so. “Can we go now?” He asked after putting his phone away again.

 

“Sure. I’ll text Baekho to give us a ride.” Ren nodded and pulled out his phone to do just that. While he contacted his friend, Jihoon started to think of how he was going to approach Soo Min tomorrow. How was he going to make up for it? What could he do to show how sorry he is? What can I do to let her know that I actually do care? Before he knew it, he was already outside with Ren when Baekho’s car pulled up. He was really zoning out today.

 

“So this is the famous Woozi we’ve heard so much about?” Aron beamed when both Ren and Jihoon got into the backseat of Baekho’s car.

 

“This is him?” Baekho asked and turned in his seat to greet the new face with a bright smile. “Hello, it’s nice to meet you!”

 

“Ah, same…” Jihoon stuttered out and there was a short silence before Aron chuckled.

 

“He’s a shy one!”

 

“Shut up, Aron.” Ren scolded and kicked the back of his seat before he turned to Jihoon who seemed amused by that. “We’re giving him a ride home.” He added after facing towards Baekho in the driver seat.

 

“Sure, no problem!” Baekho smiled before getting the GPS ready to enter an address. “Where to?” He looked back at them through the rearview mirror.

 

“Uh…” Jihoon spaced out before Ren asked for his ID. At least they could go off of the address on his ID. Once his address was saved into the GPS, they were on their way.

 

During the car ride, Jihoon stayed quiet while Ren talked to his friends about trivial things, like how their day was. Aron talked the most and Ren picked on him a lot, it really amused Jihoon and made him chuckle quietly here and there.

 

He was glad that Ren made friends after he left for Seoul. He realized Ren must’ve felt so alone after he left, too, Jihoon definitely felt alone after he left and he really did miss Ren. When he didn’t hear from him after the first few weeks, he wondered what happened? Did Ren lose his phone, did he lose Jihoon’s number? Did he lose his internet? Did he forget his passwords? Did he forget him now that he was in a different city? Did the distance really matter after all?

 

“I was dramatic. I couldn’t handle it, I was upset… I made a stupid mistake, I really thought we were never going to see each other again after you left, so I let it go.”

 

Those words made Jihoon snicker. It started to sound like a breakup.

 

“We’re here.” Ren’s voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

 

“Thanks for the ride.” Jihoon simply said and got out of the backseat. He gave a small wave to Ren before shutting the door, it was kind of cute and Aron had to make it obvious by cooing as loud as he could, which earned him another kick to the back of his seat.

 

“How do you feel, Ren?” Baekho asked after they drove away from Jihoon’s place.

 

“I’m not sure…” Ren sighed. “A lot happened today, but I guess I’m kind of happy that I finally got to talk to him again.”

 

“That’s good. Hopefully you two can continue talking after today.” Aron said positively and for once, Ren appreciated Aron’s words.

 

“Thanks.”

 

“By the way, Youngmi texted me and said she’ll be leaving for L.A after midterms.”

 

“Oh… okay.” Ren nodded.

 

“I was thinking, did you want to go with her?” Aron added after turning in his seat completely to face Ren while the car was still moving.

 

“What do you mean? And sit down properly!” Ren scolded him.

 

“It’s been awhile since I visited home, let’s go?” Aron chuckled before doing as he was told. “That way we can know the results the moment it’s done?”

 

“I don’t know…” Ren was conflicted. While it sounded like a good idea, he just felt scared again. At this point there was no denying the fact that Won Woo is his half brother, but then again, it could be just a coincidence that Won Woo’s surname is Jeon…

 

“I just found it kind of strange… since my parents moved to the states for work, I don’t see my mother often.” - Won Woo

 

“The wife found out later on and it caused a rift in their friendships and they ended up moving to the states for work.” - Rina

 

“Soo Min’s parents helped take care of me, her mother is like a second mother to me.” - Won Woo

 

“He was really good friends with the daughter of your father, so they took care of him when his parents left.” - Rina

 

“There was an affair. . . it’s been bothering me a lot, because I don’t know who it was… if it was my mother or my father.” - Soo Min

 

“Ren?” Baekho’s voice finally snapped him out of it.

 

“You okay?” Aron asked with worry laced in his tone. “We don’t have to go to L.A, it was just a suggestion.”

 

“No… I want to go.” Ren shook his head quickly. “I.. think I want to try to visit my birth mother. My mom says they’ve stayed in contact all these years, I think she might want to see me, too?”

 

“Maybe. You should talk to her before you make a final decision.” Baekho said with a bright smile. “So, shall I take you home now?”

 

...

 

Eventually, Jeonghan showed up to the WooMin duo’s apartment with dinner since he wanted to check in on her, but she wouldn’t even speak to her boyfriend or come out for the food. She was seriously upset. Both Won Woo and Jeonghan were worried, they weren’t sure what to do and eventually agreed to let her sleep it off. Maybe things would be better tomorrow?

 

“Have you two talked lately?” Jeonghan asked shortly after eating with Won Woo. They were in the kitchen cleaning up now.

 

“What do you mean?” Won Woo asked after turning the sink off and faced him.

 

“I’m not sure what happened last night when you came home and slammed your door?” Jeonghan explained with a scolding look and Won Woo apologized for that before letting him continue. “Did you two talk later on in the night?”

 

“Just a little…”

 

“Is everything okay now?” Jeonghan wanted to make sure he was okay since Soo Min never texted him about it after last night.

 

“Yeah…” Won Woo nodded and he seemed shy suddenly. “I talked to her for a bit before bed.”

 

“So, did she tell you about Ren?”

 

“Ren?” Judging by the confused look on his face, they didn’t talk about Ren. “But I did run into Ren while I was out last night. Did something happen?”

 

“Well…” Jeonghan started to tell him everything Soo Min told him yesterday, about the whole sibling comment while they were out together and how she seemed pretty emotional when she thought about it.

 

“Sibling…” Won Woo started to really think about it. The affair they learned about from Hyungwon came to mind, and the idea that Ren and Soo Min look way too similar for it to be a coincidence...

 

“She was going to tell Jihoon about it, but Jihoon wouldn’t listen to her after she told him she spent the day with Ren yesterday.”

 

“Damn.” Won Woo should have stopped her, or at least been there like he mentioned to Mingyu earlier. “I talked to Jihoon earlier over texts. We didn’t get to talk about it too much, but he did say he was going to apologize tomorrow.”

 

“That’s good.” Jeonghan was relieved. “You three don’t seem to fight often, that’s why I’m so worried.”

 

“I know, but it’ll be okay. It seems like he understands her intentions now.”

 

“I’m glad. Then, I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.” Jeonghan sighed before he checked the time on his phone. “I’ll go home. Let me know how things go, alright?”

 

“Sure.” Won Woo nodded and walked him to the door. Once Jeonghan was gone, Won Woo let out a long sigh and took a seat on the couch. Like Jeonghan had pointed out, stuff like this didn’t usually happen, it rarely happened so he wasn’t sure what to do at the moment. He the TV and watched whatever was playing on the channel just so he could calm down for a bit. Too much stress isn’t good.

 

...

 

“What’s wrong?” Soonyoung asked after helping Mingyu clean up after their dinner. Mingyu didn’t respond because he seemed like he was lost in his thoughts. “Mingyu.” He nudged him a bit and that did the trick. “Is something on your mind?”

 

“I’m just worried.” Mingyu sighed. He supposed he should also be more open with his friends. “It seems like Won Woo’s friends are on bad terms. I feel bad…”

 

“I feel bad, too, and I just heard about it 30 seconds ago.” Soonyoung frowned while reaching over to give Mingyu a gentle pat on his arm. “Hopefully they can work things out.”

 

“I hope so, too.”

 

“I know you’re worried, but don’t let it get you down when you have work in an hour. Besides, you should be positive in case Won Woo comes to you for comfort?”

 

“Right.” Mingyu smiled once Won Woo was mentioned. “Thanks.”

 

“No problem!” Soonyoung gave him a bright smile. “I’ll walk to you there since I’m craving some Choco Pies.”

 

“Choco Pies?” Mingyu asked with a hint of a smile. It reminded him of that night Won Woo bought so many of those for Soo Min’s birthday.

 

“Yeah, what about it?” Soonyoung asked, he noticed Mingyu’s expression. “Does Won Woo like Choco Pies?”

 

“I think so.” Mingyu snapped out of it with a small chuckle. “I definitely know Soo Min does.”

 

“Nice, they need to come over again soon.”

 

“Yeah, they should.” Mingyu started to feel excited over the non existent plan. “Maybe this weekend?”

 

“That sounds good!”

 

“I’ll ask them soon, then.” Mingyu nodded.

 

“They better sing and dance with us this time!” Soonyoung grinned, Mingyu definitely knew that wasn’t going to happen!

 

...

 

It was late when Won Woo thought about texting Mingyu. He felt like going to meet with Mingyu after his shift which was in about 30 minutes, but a part of him felt like that would be a bad idea. He shouldn’t abandon his friend like that for his selfish want. It wasn’t like he’d die if he didn’t go see the guy, but he was feeling lonely now that he had no one to talk to after Jeonghan left. It started to make him think about how Soo Min was feeling. Maybe he too was neglecting his friendship?

 

He’s been hanging out with Mingyu so much lately, but it was something she probably wanted too, right? Still, she’s been going through a lot lately, and his absence must affect her somehow, even if it’s not obvious. He had still yet to tell her about his strange encounters with Ren’s mother.

 

Once that came to mind, he went to check on her. She was awake. He let out a small sigh and entered the room before shutting the door and approached her bed. He sat down on the edge and sighed again. He didn’t say anything and just sat there, because sometimes that helped. “You don’t have to waste your time in here.” She finally said moments later.

 

“Waste my time?” He repeated. “I’m not wasting my time.”

 

“You are.” She held the covers tighter to her chest.

 

“I know this has to do with Jihoon.” He blurted out. He remembered Jihoon’s text from earlier. “That must’ve been something you said to him, right? Because he’s always busy in his studio?” She was silent for a moment.

 

“Don’t you want to go see Mingyu?” She asked and he noticed the tinge of bitterness in her tone when she said it. He knew it, she was feeling neglected in their friendship, too.

 

“I’m not going to lie, I do want to see him, but I’m worried about you, so I’m staying here to make sure you’re okay.”

 

“We’ll, you’re not doing a very good job by sitting there quietly.” She sighed and finally pulled the covers over her head.
 

“If you want to talk, let’s talk.”

 

“I don’t want to!” She said under the covers.

 

“Then I’ll just sit here.”

 

“I don’t want you to!” She complained and pulled her hand out to shoo him away.

 

“Then I’ll leave.” He stood up, but he wasn’t going to leave.

 

“Go ahead!” It was supposed to sound like she didn’t care, but it came out the opposite.

 

“Then I’ll stay.” He stepped over to sit on her swivel chair at her desk on the other side of her room and started to spin from side to side by pushing himself with his feet and legs. It was like that for a few moments before she finally sat up and took her covers off. “Do you want to talk now?”

 

“What is there to even talk about?” She sighed and shook her head. “I really don’t want to. Not anymore.”

 

“That’s okay.”

 

“It’s not.” She frowned at him. “People are supposed to talk when things bother them, right?”

 

“Who said you were human?” Won Woo said with a small teasing grin and she stared at him before snickering at that. “You don’t always have to do what other people do…” He could tell she was conflicted about that. “Besides, I already know what’s wrong, there’s no need to repeat it.”

 

“You know?” She gave him a questioning look.

 

“Jeonghan told me when he was here earlier and I’m psychic.” He joked.

 

“True.” She let out a soft giggle, because that was a ridiculous thing to say. But it could be true since they always just understood each other without many words. “Well, Mr. Psychic, are Jihoon and I going to be okay?” She asked with a sad smile.

 

“You will be.” He nodded. “Just give it time.”

 

“Okay.” She nodded and pulled her covers up to cover her shoulders. “So, what do I do until then?”

 

“You can go to sleep, or you can ask me where I went off to last night?” Maybe if he talked to her about Mingyu, she would cheer up?

 

“Can I?” She looked hesitant. “You haven’t been so talkative when it comes to you and Mingyu at all these days.”

 

“I’m sorry.” He apologized before getting up to sit on the edge of her bed again. “It’s just embarrassing to talk about.”

 

“So, did something happen?” She was suspicious now and her eyes narrowed, which made him laugh.

 

“Yeah. I confessed to him last night.” She didn’t say anything and only stared at him in surprise for a good minute or two. “You can sleep now.” He added before getting up quickly, but she stopped him at the speed of light!

 

oYWCdZS-4ntRzvklei4V2YJ3EtJfUmcB3jzrrIm1LrcrAA-WK1Pt8dD8jz2TCyeSDR9kUhYLfKY_m7NnpOdU9-q-_tPIfdMCG7G20n8vxVvldiYnSS27wMhBl8TqmcWJ3_srFRkK

 

“How in the world do I sleep after hearing that?!” She complained. “You finally told him how you felt?!”

 

“Not so loud!” Won Woo pouted. “Don’t get too excited, because we’re not in a relationship yet.”

 

“WHAT?!” She basically shouted this time.

 

“Maybe now’s not the time to talk about it.” He muttered while pinching the bridge of his nose. He had some explaining to do now.

 

“Why not?! Don’t you like him?!” She looked so heart broken now.

 

“I do… but I’m nervous.”

 

“It’s okay to be nervous!” She assured him. “I was like that too when I started dating Jeonghan. It took time before I could return his affection… so don’t worry about it. I think Mingyu would be happy if he could call you his boyfriend even if you aren’t clinging onto each other.”

 

“But is it really fair to enter a relationship like that? Mingyu seems to be an affectionate person even as a friend.” Won Woo felt bad.

 

“Well, I guess you have a point.” Soo Min nodded and thought about it. “Just don’t think about it so much… just let it happen.”

 

“Just let it happen…” he repeated. Just let it happen… He started to think about that moment in the classroom. Was that him letting it happen?

 

“If you want to go see him, you can. I’m fine now, don’t worry about me.” He could tell she was just saying that by her tone and expression. He understood maybe she really did want him to go do what he wanted but at the same time, after what happened between her and Jihoon, she must feel terrible and even lonely. But she probably wouldn’t ask Won Woo to stay, she wouldn’t admit it because she’d feel like she’s burdening him.

 

“No, I’m actually kind of tired now.” He shook his head and gestured for her to move over. “Going to crash here if you don’t mind?” He said while lying down next to her, he looked pretty tired, and even sounded pretty tired...

 

“But I’m hungr-” she was saying and he sat up instantly.

 

“I’ll go heat up your takeout tray.” He was already up and walking towards the door now.

 

“I thought you were tire-”

 

“What do you want to drink with it?” He turned and asked after opening it.

 

“... a Coke.” She said with a small smile.

 

“Sprite it is.” He gave her a thumbs up and left the room and she pouted. But then she smiled again. Won Woo somehow always knew what to do to make her feel better while at the same time making sure she wouldn’t drink a caffeinated drink right before bed.

 

After Won Woo brought back her food to eat along with her drink, she ate while Won Woo played some videos on his phone for entertainment. They laughed here and there because it was comedy content they were watching and it struck up some conversation until she was done eating. Won Woo took her trash and threw it away in the kitchen before returning.

 

“I said mean things to Jihoon.” She said softly after he sat down with her on the bed again. “I really didn’t want to but…”

 

“It’s okay. Sometimes it just comes out.” Won Woo assured her with a gentle pat on her back. “I’m sure it wasn’t anything he couldn’t handle, right?”

 

“I said he never makes time for anything.”

 

“I bet he agrees with you.”

 

“It was so mean, though. I said it in front of Jeonghan and Min Ji and basically my whole class.”

 

“Oh…” Won Woo realized maybe it was worse than he thought. He knew they didn’t like to cause a scene and it was humiliating when someone confronts them in front of other people. They never liked the attention on them. Who would?

 

“I feel so bad.”

 

“I’m sure he does, too.”

 

“I’m worried that things will be tense until we get on the plane to L.A.”

 

“They won’t be, don’t worry. I’m going to talk to him in the morning and hopefully you two will meet before we have to leave for L.A. You can do that, right?”

 

“Maybe…” she sighed. “I’ll try.”

 

“It’ll be okay, even if it doesn’t seem like that, we should think positive, alright?”

 

“You’re right.” She smiled. “Thanks.”

 

“No problem.”

 

“You’ve gotten better at comforting me. I guess I should thank Mingyu, huh?”

 

“I suppose.” He chuckled. “I guess I’ve been learning a lot from him lately.”

 

“That’s good, I’m glad.” She nudged him with her shoulder. “Too bad you didn’t get to go see him tonight. Sorry for burdening you like that.”

 

“It’s fine. I can always see him tomorrow… and you’re not a burden. Never think you are, okay? We’re friends, friends always help their friends in any situation.”

 

“True.” She smiled again. “Thanks.”

 

“Of course. Now, go to sleep.” He said while playfully pushing her back and got up to head to the door. She was about to ask why he was leaving because earlier he said he was going to sleep in her room again, but she supposed she shouldn’t make him stay with her. She’s a big girl, she can sleep on her own tonight.

 

“Night.” She waved from her bed.

 

“Goodnight, sweet dreams our dear King.” Won Woo said with a smile before shutting her door.

 

“Goodnight, sweet dreams our dear Prince.” She said quietly, despite he already left. It’s been awhile since they used those nicknames. “Goodnight, sweet dreams my beloved Queen.” She said while looking at the couple selca on her lockscreen. “I’m sorry I didn’t talk to you when you were here earlier.” She’d talk to him later after school. “I really should sleep.” She added with a small sigh before putting her phone back onto the nightstand and lied down.

 

She lied there for at least an hour until she got up and headed out of her room and quietly made her way to the front door. She knew Won Woo should be asleep by now, she didn’t hear him leave the apartment, either, he must’ve really went to bed after he told her goodnight and that was good. Despite eating her takeout tray, she felt like she could go for a soda, Coke this time instead of Sprite, and a Choco Pie. There was no one to stop her now.

 

 

Mingyu’s shift was nearly over when a familiar face walked into the store. He low-key wanted it to be Won Woo, but he knew he was busy with his friends tonight. He shouldn’t be expecting Won Woo to walk in tonight, but he wanted him to. “Hey, Ren. I’m surprised to see you here this late?”

 

“Oh, you work here?” Ren asked, a bit surprised that he ran into someone he knew for the second night in a row. “This late, too?” He added with a frown.

 

“It’s fine, I like it.” Mingyu chuckled. “So I take it you couldn’t sleep? Are you out on a walk or something?” He asked while scanning the small bottle of soda. “Should you be drinking this right now?”

 

“Why not?” Ren pouted. “I was craving it.”

 

“It has caffeine in it, unless you weren’t planning on sleeping tonight?” Mingyu chuckled.

 

“I don’t believe it’s enough to keep me awake, don’t worry about it.” Ren snickered while pulling out his card to pay for it. “I already can’t sleep on my own to start with, so it shouldn’t matter.”

 

“You haven’t been sleeping much?” Mingyu frowned, the model didn’t seem to look tired?

 

“The power of makeup, thank god for concealer. I’m almost a full fledge panda at this rate.” Ren gave a tired laugh. Looks could be deceiving, they say.

 

“Then, I really don’t want to sell this to you.” Mingyu pouted.

 

“Don’t be like that, I’m fine.” Ren assured him. Mingyu had no choice but to ring up the purchase, otherwise Ren might really complain and he didn’t want that. His shift was about over now, he didn’t want to have to stay any later than he should. “Is your shift over yet?”

 

“Yeah. I just have to clock out.” Mingyu nodded after they heard someone enter and greet Mingyu, it was another clerk who came in to start their shift after Mingyu’s. “You want to talk?” He asked Ren who started to zone out. “Ren?”

 

“Oh?” He snapped out of it. “Sure.”

 

“Okay, just wait for me outside.” Mingyu said with a small smile before heading into the back of the store. Ren let out a small sigh and headed out to wait for him on the bench located beside the building. A few moments later, Mingyu came out of the store and sat next to him on the bench.

 

“So, what’s up?” Mingyu asked.

 

“The moon.” Ren snickered and pointed up at the sky.  

 

“Right, it’s not going to be up there for long.” Mingyu chuckled. “Have you been stressed? Is that why you couldn’t sleep?”

 

“Yeah.” Ren nodded with a long sigh. “A lot has been going on ever since that camping trip. Ever since I met those two… Soo Min and Won Woo.”

 

“What is it?” He understood Mingyu was probably really curious, but he wasn’t sure if he should say much about the situation until he was certain about things. Even though he knew there was no doubt that what he knows is true, how could it really all just be a coincidence?

 

“I’ll tell you another time.” Ren said a moment later. “My brain is too cluttered to even think straight at this point.”

 

“You really should go home and rest!”

 

“I will, don’t worry.” He chuckled at how worried Mingyu seemed. “You go home and rest, too.”

 

“I should. I have class tomorrow… and then I have to study for midterms. Also need to think of what I'm going to pack for L.A.” Mingyu explained with a small yawn.

 

“You’re going to L.A?”

 

“Yeah, with Won Woo and Soo Min. He invited me last week, they’re going for his father’s birthday next weekend after midterms.”

 

“His father’s birthday…” Ren quietly repeated. So, Won Woo’s going to see his parents next weekend?

 

“You okay?” Mingyu noticed how strange Ren acted after mentioning that, almost like it affected Ren in a way. He wasn’t sure why it would? Ren doesn’t know Won Woo that well nor his parents, right?

 

“I’m fine.” Ren assured him. “I was just surprised, I was thinking about going to L.A with my friends after midterms, too. Aron’s from L.A and he wanted to visit his family.”

 

“That’s nice, you should go. It would be fun if we met up while we’re there?”

 

“Maybe, we’ll see.” Ren nodded. He was a little conflicted since he had thought about visiting his birth mother, but if Won Woo was going to be there… would that complicate things? “Don’t tell them I’m going, not yet.”

 

“Alright, no problem. Just surprise them!” Mingyu smiled before getting up from the bench. “I’ll get going now, be sure to go home soon before anyone catches you out here.”

 

“I’m not that famous, shut up.” Ren pouted in a playful way. “I’ll see you around, then.”

 

“Goodnight, hyung~!” Mingyu waved before he started walking home. Ren watched him leave with a small smile, it was nice that he got to talk to Mingyu tonight, that he got to talk to someone. He had thought about going to Minhyun’s place to talk, but he didn’t want to burden his boyfriend like that, so he settled for getting some fresh air.

 

He sat on the bench for another hour before he almost dozed off in his seat. “I guess I should go home.” He muttered to himself before getting up to leave, it was a little past 3:30am now. When he passed by the front entrance of the convenience store, he was surprised when he saw Soo Min walk out of it just as he was passing by. “Soo Min?” He called out to her and she jumped in her spot and looked up at him with a startled expression. “Sorry!”

 

“Wah, I didn’t think I would run into you… this late at night?” She looked around to see if Baekho was nearby.

 

“Just needed some fresh air and a soda.” He chuckled while holding his bottle up.

 

“... me too.” She held up the small bag from the store. She passed on getting a Choco Pie since she still had so many from her birthday! They stared at each other before laughing. “Let’s sit down for a minute.” She gestured to the bench. Ren agreed and they sat down together.

 

The two made small talk for a good thirty minutes, possibly because it was about Lady Gaga’s music again. Despite spending nearly the whole day together before, they still had loads to talk about, it was really nice. But soon the conversation died down and Soo Min thought it was time to ask about what happened earlier(almost 4:30am at this point). “How did your talk with Jihoon go after I left?” She asked with a hint of hesitation.

 

“It went good, or well… it turned out good in the end.” He answered while tucking some of his hair behind his right ear.

 

“Nice, I’m glad it worked out.” She gave him a sad smile and he knew why.

 

“Thanks for trying to reconnect us, I appreciate it, even though you got hurt in the process… I’m sorry.”

 

“It’s fine. I’m sure it would have happened eventually whether you were involved or not.” She assured him with a wave of her hand. “For a while now, Jihoon hasn’t been around. And when I’d go to visit him, he’d say he’s busy with his music. He would kick me out almost every time and while it might have seemed playful at first, eventually it started to hurt. That I would take time out of my day to come and check up on him and he’d just tell me he was busy and kick me out of his studio in no less than 30 seconds. I started to feel like maybe he had enough of me. I know I can be a bit loud and embarrassing sometimes, but… I just thought if he had a problem with me, he’d say it to my face.” Ren listened and nodded when she’s look at him to see if he was listening. “I don’t want to think badly of him, but it just . When I learned he was passionate about music, I told him to go for it, to actually pursue it and he’s doing that, but I didn’t think it would end up like this. It felt like I sent him off to a place far, far, far away and I’m never going to see him again.” Those words got to her and she felt the sting in the back of her eyes start again.

 

Ren wasn’t sure what to say exactly and opted to rub her back in comfort while she started to cry. He wanted to show that he was there for her, because that older brother side of him was coming through again. He just wished he wasn’t so damn tired, maybe he could have said something to help her?

 

“Maybe I was being selfish? Maybe I’m expecting too much from him? Maybe I don’t understand what it’s like to be so passionate about something that takes up a huge chunk of your time? Maybe I just don’t like it when it seems like I’m bothering my friends with my presence…”

 

“I’m sure they’re not bothered.” Ren tried to say positively. “I don’t see how anyone could be bothered by you? You seem so kind and caring and generally a good person. A good girl. A good daughter, a good sister…” sleep deprivation can hinder your choices and judgement. Ren’s mind was a mess all over again and he started to say things that were meant to stay in his thoughts.

 

“Sister?” She repeated and looked up at him with teary eyes.

 

“... I feel so heartbroken seeing you like this.” He said with his own teary eyes and sad smile. “A brother never likes to see his sister cry.” He added while reaching out to wipe away a couple of his tears. “Don’t cry, my poor little sister.” That only seemed to make her tears increase and he pulled her into a tight side hug. “It’ll be okay. Don’t worry.”

 

“Little sister?” She repeated. “Are you just saying that or are you really…” she couldn’t finish her sentence and continued to cry into his shoulder. They remained like that for a few minutes until she calmed down. At some point, it felt like Ren got heavier on her shoulder and she called out to him but he gave no reply.

 

“Ren?” Still no reply. “Oh no…” what does she do now? “Seriously, you’re knocked out?” She asked while shaking him, even if she felt bad for doing that, he still didn’t wake up and his upper body started to fall. She managed to save him from falling to the ground and now he was resting on her lap. “Crap, crap, crap…” she muttered while looking around the area. She brought her car, that was a smart move, but how in the world does she get him to her car?

 

I should call Baekho? But then Ren will probably get into trouble and I’d hate to bother him this late. Do I call Won Woo? But then he’ll be mad at me for being out so late! Her options were next to nothing at this point due to her guilt and not wanting to get into trouble. Maybe I can call Junhui? Yeah, I’m going to call him! Because she knew Junhui wouldn’t tattle tale on her and he also has the muscle to carry Ren to her car.

 

She managed to pull her phone out and opened up her contacts. She tapped on his contact and the call started to go through. After a few rings, it went to voicemail and she groaned. “Yeah right, I know you’re still awake, Jun! Call me back asap, it’s important!” She hung up and waited. A few minutes later, Junhui was calling her back.

 

“What is it, are you okay?” He sounded worried.

 

“Thanks for not answering the first time, what if that was my only chance to call someone and I wasted it on you!” She pouted.

 

“I would have thought you’d call Jeonghan first to tell him that you love him!” He chuckled on the other line. “So what’s up, why did you call?

 

 

“On your bed, are you sure?” Junhui asked after entering the apartment with Ren scooped up in his arms bridal style.

 

“The couch isn’t meant to be used as a bed.” She frowned. “What if it screws up his back?”

 

“True.” Junhui nodded before following her to her room. “But, are you really sure?”

 

“Yes! Just put him down already!” She ushered him impatiently. “We should take his coat off, he probably doesn’t want it to get wrinkled, right?”

 

“Right. I’ll handle it.” Junhui nodded before stepping in to take Ren’s coat off. When he checked if Ren was wearing anything under his stylish button up shirt, he found he was wearing a black tank top. Because Junhui is into fashion himself, he knew he should take that shirt off too before it got wrinkled. As for Ren’s pants… “Going to let that wrinkle.” Junhui chuckled while taking the second hanger from Soo Min to hang in her closet.

 

“Gosh, I thought you were about to strip him down completely!” She said in a whisper.

 

“No, I’m not into that.” Junhui shook his head before following her out of the room. The door was shut and they took a seat on the couch so he could ask what was going on. “I’m surprised he was out at this time of night?”

 

“Me too.” She let out a small sigh. “He said something strange to me before he passed out on my shoulder.”

 

“Strange?” He asked. He recalled that day at the mall when she overheard about the talk he had with Hyungwon. About an affair. He too also agreed that Soo Min and Ren looked too similar for it to just be a coincidence and he even tried to ask Hyungwon about it further, even though it wasn’t his business… but he was curious about it.

 

“He called me his little sister.” She explained in a dejected tone. “I don’t know if it was just the sleep talking, if he just sees me like that after hanging out with him on Monday? Or if he really meant it?”

 

“Little sister, huh?” Junhui repeated and thought about it. “Well, it’s easy to see you as the little sister sometimes when we’re all out together. You’re so small and innocent.” He said with a teasing smile and ruffled her hair. “We can’t help but treat you that way.”

 

“Maybe.” She pouted. “So, I’m just over thinking it?”

 

“I’m not sure, I don’t want to say you are.” He said with a small sigh. “Because I feel like maybe he really meant it.” He could see her expression change and he just gave her a small smile. “Hopefully you can get some answers soon.”

 

“I hope so. It’s driving me insane with all these weird encounters.”

 

“I would feel the same.”

 

“Tell Hyungwon the next time you see him that I need to talk to him.”

 

“Alright, I’ll do that.” He nodded and gave her a small pat on her back. “I’ll get going then, be sure to sleep now~! You’ll be fine on the couch, right?”

 

“I’m really the only one small enough to sleep on this couch without any problems.” She chuckled. “Thanks for coming to the rescue when the King called.”

 

“Of course! I’ll be sure to answer on the first call next time!” He said with a sheepish laugh. “Sleep well~! Let me know what happens with the mysterious traveler in your room.”

 

“I will.” She nodded and waved to him before he left with a quick goodnight. She sat back in her seat and let out a deep sigh and started to think about the encounter tonight. After a few minutes, she got up to go check on Ren in her room. I hope he’ll be okay. She was worried about him since he knocked out like that. She never saw someone knock out like that, he didn’t even wake up when she roughly shook him or when Junhui picked him up and transferred him to her car and out of her car all the way up the steps and everything. Even when he was getting undressed by Junhui. Oh god, is he dead?!

 

That thought really scared her and she rushed over to check if he had a pulse on his wrist. She almost couldn’t find it but eventually did after a few tries. Good, he still has a heart beat and he’s breathing.

 

Before she was about to retract her hand, his hand took a hold of hers and she almost shrieked, because it was like he was conscious when he did that but he was still asleep? “His body is possessed~” she muttered in a spooked voice. “Since when did I enter the cliché realm?” She said out loud and stared down at his hold on her hand. “Are you going to say something cliché, too?” She asked. What if he was pretending to sleep now?

 

She waited to hear something, but it never came. She worked herself up for nothing, but she wondered how long he was going to hold her hand like that? A few more minutes passed and she finally separated her hand from his, because her legs were getting tired from standing there and she was getting sleepy. I wanna sleep on my bed, too. If it had been Won Woo, it’d be no problem, but it was Ren. Even if there’s that strange connection, I don’t think I should. She shook her head before leaving the room. When she made it back to the couch, she was able to get comfortable and fell asleep moments later.

 

 

A few hours later, the sun came up and Ren managed to wake up on cue when he heard faint buzzing in the room. He knew it had to be his phone but he found it strange that it wasn’t on his night stand like it usually was. He opened his eyes and noticed his room was a lot smaller than he remembered, and he didn’t remember putting up Kpop posters, nor did he remember buying the Hello Kitty bed sheets and pillows. He sat up almost instantly and flinched when he felt dizzy from moving too fast. “Where am I?” He muttered and looked around the room. He didn’t recognize it at all. “, was I finally kidnapped?!” He almost shouted in a whisper, but he had this weird feeling like he wasn’t in danger and that there was nothing to be afraid of. He almost had this feeling like this room belonged to someone he knew? He quickly got out of the bed and rushed to the door and carefully opened it to see if he was where he thought he was. And he was. He recognized the living room of the apartment to be of Won Woo’s and Soo Min’s.

 

He breathed out a sigh of relief and turned around to lean against the door after shutting it. He felt like crying again. “Why do I always want to cry when it comes to them, seriously.” He snickered at himself before looking around the room again. He noticed Soo Min’s closet door slightly open and he walked over to see his coat and shirt was hung up, probably so it wouldn’t get wrinkled. That brought a smile to his face. He thought about taking them off the hangers and putting them back on so he could leave, but he didn’t want to leave just yet. I’m being selfish, aren’t I? He thought after closing the closet door and took a seat on her bed. He started to admire Soo Min’s room and took one of the cute pillows to hold in his arms. “So… this is what my little sister’s room looks like?” He said to himself.

 

He got up a moment later and headed out into the living room to see Soo Min sleeping on the couch peacefully and he walked around so he could kneel down next to her sleeping form. He felt bad. “Damn, your brother really is selfish, he took your bed from you.” He said with a small laugh before he got up and headed back to her room to get a blanket for her. He carefully and gently placed it over her small body and he sat on the floor this time so he could watch her for a bit. He didn’t think it was creepy at all, nope. He took some time to admire the living room since he once saw it for a few minutes the last time he was there. Then it dawned on him, Won Woo lives here too.

 

Quietly, he got up and headed to the hallway and stopped. Wait, I shouldn’t be looking around without them knowing. He was already getting a DNA test without her knowing, he shouldn’t add to the list. This situation wasn’t really what he had thought it’d be like. I’ll just wait. He decided before heading back to Soo Min’s room and lied back down on her bed. He wasn’t sure how long it was going to be but he wanted to wait. He didn’t want to leave without saying anything, like he probably should have.

 

It was about half an hour later when he heard a door open down the hallway and he realized it was probably Won Woo. He started to get a little nervous since he knew it was probably going to be a shock to see him instead of Soo Min. He heard footsteps coming down the hallway and Ren turned to his side so his back was facing the door. He waited for the door to open but it didn’t and instead he heard faint talking in the living room.

 

“Soo Min, wake up.” It was Won Woo. “What are you doing sleeping on the couch?”

 

“Huh?” She sounded so lost it made Ren chuckle quietly. That told him she wasn’t a morning person at all.

 

“Your door is shut, is someone in there?” Won Woo asked and his voice got CLOSER to the door. Ren’s heart beat started to pick up from the anticipation.

 

“Oh!” Another pair of footsteps rushed to her door before it opened slowly. “It’s Ren.”

 

“Ren?”

 

“Yeah, I ran into him last night and he passed out on my shoulder. I didn’t know what to do so I brought him here.” She explained after opening the door all the way. “He seemed really tired, I’m not sure if he slept enough yet?” Her voice was quiet and he could sense the two walking over to the bed. The room got quiet and Ren wondered if they weren’t going to try to wake him up after all?

 

“He said something strange earlier.” Soo Min quietly admitted for the second time today. “He called me his little sister.”

 

“Little sister?”

 

Ren cringed when he heard that. I really opened my big mouth?!

 

“Yeah, I don’t know, it sounded like he really meant it.” She said while carefully taking a seat on the edge of the bed. Ren didn’t realize she was trying to get a look at his face and when she was over far enough, he noticed and looked at her. She let out the loudest scream ever and she winced at the loud noise. She quickly got off the bed and hid behind Won Woo. “He’s sleeping with his eyes open?! Oh my god, his body really is possessed~!” She freaked out to the max.

 

“Possessed?!” Won Woo only laughed at her reaction, it was priceless.

 

“Earlier when I checked on him, he grabbed my hand!” She explained when Ren finally sat up and tried to pretend he just woke up. “It’s up, It’s up!” She pulled on Won Woo's arm to back away. Ren's long black hair getting in his face didn't help the situation at all, he looked like the grudge now.

 

“Relax, he’s awake now!” Won Woo nudged her before greeting Ren. “Good morning, sleeping beauty.” His greeting earned a small laugh from Ren.

 

“Morning.” He managed to say before looking to Soo Min who seemed terrified of him now. He frowned.

 

“Are you still tired? If you want, you can sleep a bit more.” She managed to say behind Won Woo.

 

“No, I should go home.” He shook his head and stood up.

 

“Your clothes are in my closet.” She said before dashing over and grabbing the two hangers to hand to him. Her hands were shaking and he felt so bad.

 

“I’m not possessed, don’t worry.” He said with a hint of laughter. He rested his hand on top of hers so she’d stop shaking. She seemed to calm down after that touch and he was glad. “Thank you for taking care of me, I appreciate it.” He added after getting dressed. “Sorry for being a burden.”

 

“No, it’s fine!” Soo Min assured him before looking up to Won Woo to see if he had anything to say.

 

“Can we talk later?” Won Woo asked and Ren was a bit surprised.

 

“Sure.” He nodded. “Just text me and I’ll let you know if I’m free?”

 

“Got it.” Won Woo nodded with a small smile before they all headed out of her room to see Ren off at the door. It was a quick parting since Ren’s phone was blowing up with texts and calls from his friends asking where he was. “So, do I dare ask why you left after I went to bed?”

 

“I couldn’t sleep.” She admitted with a small sigh. “There was too much on my mind so I went out to get some fresh air.”


 

“Well, maybe it worked out, otherwise Ren would have been out there on his own.” Won Woo pointed out.

 

“Gosh, that would have been horrible.”

 

“But at least Super Woman Soo Min was there to bring him to safety. So enlighten me on how you got him up those stairs?” He asked with a curious look.


“It’s a secret.” She said with a sheepish giggle. Jun better not expose me.


Chapter thirty-four~!


 

9UB9or_4nvwLuNKJJ_rOo8aUAngZxWYIKbQ-5_eMA50opaIecAxySfCXn8VfK8GeeEzywtOxRlkYK_UmyxYO7MBYrBY1kCb16Un-9WX0yrVCOqlAxFapnjCSV8DPcVGeHApUCuG3

I’m about to flip a table~!

BECAUSE THIS IS JUST TOO FRICKIN ADORABLE

QQud4FjUviZzXZII0GkUZ3c5QBp6-GUMI52-dUAoMd4t17-hqnrKO1qLFOqVjNm8gN2KRT_zb3uhhx6bnFsmMC5XP48Tkn5pksd9gk8PgPTYWPlCl_CKhi0-x2G6ZTzQlZiXW0XV

The first fic I posted was my Jeonghan fic, it’s where SooHan come from.

It’s Pokémon themed. Soo Min is Pikachu and Jeonghan is Squirtle…

So like now that Ren’s like her brother in this Meanie fic, this was just so cute omg

Because of that scene with the sun hat and snapback… alwkejgtrh

Y4JpL5OqQA6piihjJqjohjm_amtqw-sNP62w2YgN7BIOOS1o9gUUlng_wWSzSlDGPP94pky-dj0_BbbofvkIqcjjgOCrZ4uDYcMvt_KTJLowxNqA-dnA2kLycDJ3ORsV2Lr9Yx1S

Getting feelz for my Jeonghan fic now, I should start updating it again OTL

3xxLIhbx_ETrTxS1xXsuKqkS0K3XFJsd6D5g9ee-gEcGjCzzBmgjval4hFGStPv8cBp9FRZ9JdR37AgiVLU8S-rVz-yBUh_91teVU_eQ5TtCcmhjjo91DF9vf8tS7yE2Ze6CKH4Z

I’m still working hard on this fic, too. No worries~!

Sorry to anyone following my other stories, CLOSER’s been taking up all my creativity lol

Along with the thousand other stories I started offline haha

v9Bbjb76Ft0C7xVAmoYDcNk8xLPuB9Fy26T-3lo5bfOfWaSb04zyLugvlZO7M_QVKgUN62lNhCTJtcC-6Li7xyvAx26PeBig705FGEF0l_Y0CY-LJ-nWVGHgFoMPb8fCxhh01GVG

I just don’t seem to know when to stop...

Whkf5vsSUYtvDHQ1BNXKlQ4UOPgV0lQuKQu-ItuALxFeJl5_t1kBfE20Jo44F-bh3DnuO1Jovp5dD2AvBupH74jJgl9Wy23nS9I1Hlj8T_p5I5352en8BgtfhIbX-6UeJ6FsTbul

Someone needs to stop me cuz now Jihoon be invading my bias list and I wanna start a fic centered around him and an OC…. OTL

-OV-EM4ErCy1sGjbYRJMQHxihM9scPUBrLtnBZj4Ccjc8-QZOxyDPJ4CtEM728hO4rPSOGbf6McpCxw3nEEypFob40TMaJ5EW_nju1OEGyBri7zUTN3QbxBac5Fivb12n2uBQKSt

Jihoon: Do it. You know you can’t resist

making one about me…

ezLa2fL0qB6LTBbp6EzcSVswnMrnyxlrTwVzcef5qK2-taiLkfc6-m1BFDpLiMLghd7QtWWm9zBMZe-oKnxHr-V-PVrsnJKV67M6NaresvwDPV_nGBsaImrS6qxywmIay1rKtQlr

No, I’m busy, leave me alone!

9HGTxiu4RNAhG0YHj1e_RlybyurEyOikmPo009Ya2vJ6JONR0SDqO6dP2XLWhWhDQlEVG1ihm6jAsLkCuB1sHnkjM6ii7lutFMhPiC9-Rwxxy1JTjuvu8Hdby0mmBs2yV36g9FRF

Jihoon: *Reminded of what he said to Soo Min*

MBMUV7RlYdyMCmSSeuA1gNLwbSx3IOQf7IIuzu3mG3cx7ZNxjqrR8ZIYU5JvAGbQHjbagibukhnMK1jV2aEow1h6Sp7ExfBpVJV1iBfmkv1fIn1aRhGak1ybexTUG8SL6O-JL8nd

YOU HAVE TO APOLOGIZE ASAP~!

ltLlEhfC0kwK1jzQoeSsrRKCkqvvOSraOdDttuNWzh8IqWkROBdKJRg23AbnTk1DKLu_cbnuaKNvmIzz2NiM12yGjoU1lVjE874fbWJIrSQncKo9pt7qMX9DTKjPY2bwKy9GPtJK

Jihoon: I will, don’t worry.

So, until then…

*Gets a headache from thinking of how he’s going to do it*

x.x