Chapter 1

CLOSER [HIATUS]

 

Won Woo wasn’t sure when it started… he wasn’t sure when he started to feel, what’s the word? Empty inside. Maybe empty was a strong word to use, but he definitely felt like he lacked something in his life. He just couldn’t seem to pinpoint what it was, he lives a somewhat healthy life, has nice friends, going to school… what could possibly be missing?

 

A pet? No that can’t be it, he’s afraid of dogs and taking care of an animal would be tedious and tiring for someone like him. If they got a cat it’d most likely run away from feeling neglected! Besides, his roommate is allergic to cats, that’s a no go from the start.

 

Hmm, maybe another roommate? No, Won Woo wasn’t the type that warmed up to new people that quickly. Something like that takes time for him and there’s no way someone new could start living there, it was a two bedroom apartment anyway, there’s no room.

 

A new book? Yeah… maybe a new book would help. But could it really fill in the missing spaces he’s noticed over time? What was missing? A lot of things were missing to be honest but he’d rather not think of those particular things, even if they were important things. For some reason he just thought he could ignore it, but he’d soon find out that he can’t.

 

“I’m hungry…” a short girl suddenly said next to Won Woo, interrupting his thought process. She was sitting upside down beside him on the living room couch holding her stomach and lazily reached out to nudge him but accidentally hit him in the jaw. “Oh! Sorry!” She giggled, finding his reaction amusing. He was glaring at her now.

 

“I swear, we just ate an hour ago. Where did all that food go?” Won Woo asked, staring at her flat stomach. She didn’t only have seconds, she had thirds, too!

 

“Beats me!” She shrugged innocently, pretending she didn’t eat four servings earlier, yeah, four... “Can we go get something to snack on?” She quickly asked.

 

“We?” He raised a brow at her as she sat up properly in her seat.

 

“Sure I can go by myself, but is that such a wise idea?” She leaned towards him, giving that ‘are you sure about that’ look. She had a long history of either getting lost or attracting weirdos whenever she walked outside alone, especially at night.

 

“Fine. Let’s go.” Won Woo gave in. He agreed maybe it wasn’t the best idea to let his roommate walk to the convenience store alone, at night… at 11pm. Even if she was annoying sometimes, she was still his best friend. “But you’re buying.” He mentioned as he got up from his seat.

 

The two left shortly after getting their jackets on at the door and headed to the convenience store that was a few blocks away from their shared apartment. It was probably one of the pros of living at their apartment complex, food sources were closeby. The walk to and from would help keep the calories off at least. Even if Won Woo and Soo Min like to be lazy, they try to stay fit if they can.

 

Jeon Won Woo

 

Age, 20 years old and currently a college student who’s living with his evil little best friend, Chae Soo Min. They’re the same age, him being a few months older since he’s born in July and she’s born in September. The two have been friends since grade school, they were neighbors growing up and now they live together, talk about inseparable! They even shared a few classes together last semester, those being English and Math.

 

Despite he was, well… mildly satisfied with his life right now, he felt like something was missing. Again, he wasn’t sure what it was, but he felt like his life lacked something. It should be obvious to him, but he was clueless sometimes.

 

Growing up, he never really wanted anything. He never asked for anything either. He was quiet and reserved most of the time before he met Soo Min and his other group of friends. He would like to say he’s happy with how his life is right now. He has a place to live, a decent flow of money from his parents, food to eat and great friends. He’s even getting his education. What more could he want? Not a lot, because he wasn’t a greedy or selfish person.

 

For awhile, it’s been nagging at him on the inside. He assumes he’s happy with his life the way it is right now, but he can’t help but think… something could happen, something should happen. It’s been the same thing day after day, something had to change, there needed to be something new, something fresh… but what? A new video game? A new music album? A new… friend?

 

“Yah, earth calling wingman!” Soo Min nudged him with her elbow, breaking him from his thoughts. They had reached the convenience store moments ago. He must’ve been over thinking so much he didn’t even notice.

 

“What?” He looked down to see her arms full of snacks already, and he swears they haven’t been there no more than five minutes. “Are you serious? Are you really going to eat all of those?” He narrowed his eyes, definitely not approving.

 

“These aren’t all for me!” She pouted. “I tried handing some to you, but you were staring off into space!”

 

“Sorry…” he mumbled, taking a few of the items from her arms to lessen the load. Not like they were heavy, but they were definitely going to fall at some point.

 

“What’s up, something bothering you?” She asked with a small look of worry on her small face. She could tell he was thinking about something, but what exactly?

 

“No, it’s nothing.” He simply shook his head, not making any eye contact.

 

“Thinking again, aren’t you?” She sighed. He didn’t say anything in reply and turned to look at a few other things down the aisle. “He’s been thinking a lot, lately.” She muttered to herself before following after him

 

Sometimes she wondered what her friend was thinking at times. After knowing him for nearly all her life… sometimes she just can’t figure out what he was thinking about. It’s not like she reads people that well, most of the time it’s just a guess and she gets lucky. Whether it was something good or something bad, his face wouldn’t show it. All it would show is that he wasn’t paying attention to the world around him in that moment.

 

She’s been with Won Woo through a lot these past few years. When he was first finding himself in high school, to when his parents left for overseas jobs. When he had no one, she was there for him. It goes without saying she worries about him a lot and only wants the best for him. So when he acts like this… she gets pretty worried.

 

“Is there anything else you want? Since I’m buying?” She grinned, hoping his mood would lighten up a little.

 

“I’m looking.” He mumbled, his eyes scanning all the choices to pick from. But it only lasted for a few seconds and now he was just staring. She could clearly see his eyes weren’t searching anymore and she sighed.

 

“Pick something!” She blurted out, almost startling him.

 

“But-” he was about to protest but she cut him off before he could.

 

“Pick!”

 

“Okay, okay! Sheesh.” He gave a small chuckle before actually looking and picking something this time.

 

It was said before, growing up there wasn’t anything Won Woo ever wanted. He never asked for anything either. When people asked what he wanted, he’d reply with “I don’t know” or “I’m okay, no thanks”. You would never once hear him ask for anything. For a short while, he wouldn’t let his friends pay for his snacks or meals as he had the mindset that he was on his own and didn’t need anyone paying for his things. With his parents overseas, he still got an allowance. Letting his friends buy stuff for him made him feel the need to pay them back, even if they told him not to… he just had that mindset. He struggled with that for the first couple of years with his friends and Soo Min. Only now he was able to let it go, let it slide by. But that hesitation will always remain.

 

She was glad to see him pick more than one item today, it was a nice change compared to the “I don’t really see anything I want.”

 

“Time to checkout!” She cheered, heading to the front, arms still full of different snacks. He swore one of these days she was going to get fat and cry out “how did this happen?!” Thinking about it made him chuckle a bit. That would be funny. He thought before they made it to the register. Once they got close enough Won Woo suddenly stopped in his tracks causing Soo Min to bump into him from behind.

 

“Eh?” She asked and looked up confused. She stepped off to the side to get a look at his somewhat surprised yet nervous expression. “Won Woo?” She followed his stare all the way to the guy standing behind the register.

 

He was hot, like incredibly hot! Soo Min’s words. And, he was handsome, maybe even beautiful and interesting. He looked confident judging by the way he flashed that charming smile at the girl who was paying for her items before them. Oh wait, he was looking at a girl… Won Woo’s expression quickly faltered as he snapped out of his admiring. Why did he get that feeling just now? He never felt something like that before, or maybe he did, but he could tell you that was a long time ago! What in the world? He thought before looking over to see his best friend gawking at the clerk just like he did a moment ago.

 

“Please tell me you’re not drooling?” Won Woo nudged Soo Min with his elbow, bringing her back to reality. “Must I remind you that you have a boyfriend?” He added with a scolding tone.

 

“Oh, c’mon, I was just looking!” She laughed at his comment. “But you saw him too, right?” She said in a lower tone this time, hoping not to draw attention to themselves. Won Woo didn’t reply and almost looked too embarrassed to admit he was also admiring the handsome clerk a few feet away. It’s not like you see someone that good looking every day… right?

 

“Oh my gosh, you should totally go talk to him!” She said in a girly tone and was instantly met with a glare in reply. “Seriously!” She reached into her coat pocket for her wallet. She struggled to pull out a few bills to hand to him, nearly dropping her stuff in the process. “Here!” She handed over the money. “Go check him out!” She grinned, giving him a small push towards the register.

 

“What?! No!” He quietly protested, not even budging from his spot.

 

“C’mon!” She pushed him again and failed. “I can’t go with you, he might think we’re a couple, then your chance is lost!”

 

“What chance?” Won Woo asked, but of course he knew what she meant. “How do you even know if he likes guys?! Why are you so quick to assume that?!” He then scolded her again.

 

“Because he was stealing glances at you!” She had the most goofy smile on her face when she caught the clerk looking their way again. She was totally amused!

 

“At me? Are you sure he’s not checking you out?” He sighed, that was probably the case anyway! “We’re checking out together.” He said, giving her a push towards the register this time.

 

Soo Min stumbled the first few steps before managing to play it cool as she walked up to the register with her assortment of snacks, Won Woo was following close behind her. When she reached the counter, one of her snacks fell off after setting them down. She bent down quickly to pick it up and put it with the others but bumped her head on the edge. While rubbing the back of her head, she placed the snack on the counter and tried her best to act like that didn’t happen either.

 

“Are you okay?” The clerk asked with a hint of laughter.

 

“I meant to do that!” She blurted out, feeling her face get warm from the embarrassment. She instantly looked up at Won Woo to her side and gave him a light punch to his arm, muttering “thanks for embarrassing me.” His push started the whole chain reaction of incidents! Won Woo could only smile, finding her embarrassment funny.

 

“You two are cute.” The name tag on his uniform read Mingyu. When they both stilled, he laughed. “Did I say something wrong?” He added while looking from Won Woo to Soo Min then back to Won Woo.

 

“No!” Soo Min shook her head quickly. “But just out of curiousity, which one’s cuter?!” She asked, pointing to herself, then to Won Woo, a smirk on her lips.

 

“Yah…” Won Woo pushed her again, not pleased at her question… to a stranger!

 

“It’s hard to choose.” Mingyu smiled, but he was definitely eyeing Won Woo right about now. “How long have you been together? You seem super close?”

 

“They’ve been together for years.” A voice said behind them. It didn’t take long for Soo Min to recognize it. “About 15 years, maybe?” They added on. Mingyu’s eyes went wide, literally believing what the guy, who was actually his friend he recently made at school this fall semester.

 

Soo Min didn’t bother to turn around to greet her boyfriend, Yoon Jeonghan. “Yeah, we’ve been friends for 15 years.” She corrected.

 

“Oh, so you’re friends?” The smile Mingyu gave them looked like a relieved one. Soo Min caught on and quickly tried to think up a plan that would leave Won Woo alone with this guy. She could tell Won Woo was a bit awe struck about him a few minutes ago, he must’ve like what he saw! Since he’s always quiet and kept to himself, she thought to give him a firm push, just like he did to her.

 

“Oh my goodness… is that a cat?!” Soo Min gasped, running towards the exit. For a split second, Jeonghan and Won Woo believed it knowing she was really fond of the feline animals and would really run outside just to see it despite being allergic.

 

“Wait!” Won Woo called after her before noticing she had left the money on the counter along with their snacks. She wasn’t coming back. That little…! He thought, irritated as he saw Jeonghan put his energy drink back and dash out the store after his girlfriend. He naturally was worried about her being outside alone.

 

Now that just left Won Woo and the clerk, Mingyu.

 

The snacks were paid for in silence, Won Woo wouldn’t look at him and constantly avoided it by looking at other things around the register, he wasn’t sure what this feeling was… it seemed so different from the past. Why was he so nervous to look at him, anyway? It wasn’t like he liked the guy because frankly, he doesn’t believe in love at first sight. He never understood how someone could fall in love that quick without even knowing the person. So, what was this nervous feeling all of a sudden? Sure this guy is pretty attractive, but Won Woo never got nervous over appearances before.

 

“That’ll be 40,000 won.” Mingyu said after scanning the last item.

 

“Oh .” Won Woo cursed, looking at the few bills in his hand. It wasn’t enough… he was short on the total. Damn it, Chae Soo Min!

 

“Ah, don’t worry, I got it.” Mingyu waved his hand in assurance, ringing up the total to go through.

 

“Bu-” Won Woo was stopped from protesting the second time that night.

 

“I’ll bag these real quick.” Mingyu said with a cute smile.

 

Won Woo became silent before a guilty feeling washed over him… he has to pay him back now. He just has to… or he’d feel bad about it every time he sees him here. But it wouldn’t be today… not today, perhaps… another day. That is, if he ever comes back after all of this. .

 

...

 

“I’m home!” Soo Min called from the front door after tossing her school bag to the side. She also  threw her jacket on the floor and umbrella with it before shutting the door behind her quickly. It was raining almost all day and it was too cold to leave the door open for any small amount of time.

 

It was about 8pm when she took her shoes off and headed in to be greeted with the sight of Won Woo lying down on the couch, eating a bag of chips while watching TV. His eyes remained on the screen, as if he was ignoring her presence. “You’re not even going to greet me when I come home now?” She asked with a small sigh.

 

He had been acting like this for the past few days, ever since that night at the convenience store with the handsome clerk, Mingyu. That was Monday and now it’s Thursday! She took it he’s mad about her ditching him like that, she expected it, but for nearly four days?! He continued to watch the TV while munching on those chips.

 

“Okay, I get it! I’m sorry I ditched you like that, I won’t do it again!” She said, hands on her hips as she stood at the end of the couch. He didn’t spare her a glance. “Won Woo!” She stomped her foot, pouting at the silent treatment he was giving her. Still no reply.

 

She let out a long sigh before heading back to the kitchen to see what she could make for dinner. Grabbing a packet of instant ramen from the cabinet, she proceeded to make it for him as a peace offering. She put all his favorite add ons in and came out with the complete dish on a tray along with a cold drink from the fridge.

 

“Oh Won Woooo~!” She sing songed, coming over to the couch with his meal. “I made your favorite ramen!” This time he spared her one glance, eyeing the tray in her hands before sitting up making room for her to come set it on the coffee table in front of the couch. But not a word was spoken as he did a small bow with his head, in thanks, before digging in.

 

She sat there, watching him eat the whole thing up, taking a few drinks here and there before he was finally done and sat back, eyes focused on the TV again. She went back to pouting as she took the empty dishes back to the kitchen to quickly wash them, it was a rule in their apartment to wash your dishes after eating to prevent dirty dishes building up in the sink. Technically Won Woo should be washing them right now but she figured she should do them.


Once she finished, she headed to the cabinet again to look for something sweet to give to him as his desert. She eyed the Choco Pie box and reached for it only to see there was one left. Biting her bottom lip, she made the most critical decision ever, since the day she was born… to give Won Woo her last Choco Pie. C’mon, you can do this… you can always get more! She gave herself a pep talk before entering the living room once again.

 

“Here, desert.” She said, holding out the treat to him from behind the couch. He turned his head to look before his eyes panned up to her for a second. He accepted the Choco Pie and opened it, his attention returning back to the TV once again. She watched him eat it bite by bite until it was all gone but the packaging. He still didn’t utter a word to her!

 

She collapsed to the floor behind the couch, devastated. Her best friend was really giving her the silent treatment and she hated it! He was never mad at her like this before, for this long! Won Woo just rolled his eyes hearing the thud behind him, thinking she was always so dramatic.

 

When the show on the TV was over, he got up to throw away the trash from the Choco Pie but nearly tripped when two small hands grabbed onto his right ankle when he walked around the couch to get to the kitchen.

 

“Won Woo~!” Soo Min pleaded, face down on the floor. “Won Woo~! I’m sorry! I really am! Just… stop ignoring me! I can’t take it!” She added on as he tried to somewhat kick her off his ankle. How annoying!

 

“Yah!” He complained, bending down to pry her hands off but she quickly grabbed onto his arms and eventually knocked him onto the ground, her arms around his neck tightly, clinging onto him like a Koala to her favorite tree. “Yaaah!” He shouted, obviously not pleased with her actions.

 

“Won Woo~!”

 

“Get off!” He exclaimed, trying to pry her off but she only clung tighter. “I’m serious, Soo Min. Get off.” He warned.

 

Immediately, the girl let go of him and backed away, giving him space. Now she knew how mad he really was. She muttered out a small apology as he got up and left to his room, shutting the door a bit harsh. She flinched at the loud noise before slouching where she sat. I get I shouldn’t have ditched him like that… but why is he so pissed at me?

 

After a few minutes of sulking, she decided to get up and headed for the door. “And here I gave him my last Choco Pie, too.” She mumbled, putting her jacket on and grabbing her umbrella, the sound of rain was loud and clear outside. Opening the door, she felt the small gust of cold air against her exposed skin and shivered. Gripping onto the umbrella handle, she stepped out into the pouring rain. I’m running away! She jokingly thought before frowning. Now was probably not the time to joke like that.

 

Soo Min started her way convenience store shortly after leaving her shared apartment. She thought to get some fresh air and let her roommate be for a bit, let him cool off. She planned to restock her Choco Pie stash and get some more ramen since she still hadn’t eaten since she came home from her evening class. She actually had made the last ramen for her moody friend earlier…

 

A gust of wind suddenly forced her umbrella out of her hand and went flying down the street, sliding on the asphalt. By the time she caught up to grab it, she heard a growl come from an alleyway and froze up. It was hard to see since it was dark, but she could tell it was a dog, a big dog… an unfriendly dog.

 

Quietly and slowly, she backed away, far enough until she could take a different path. By then her jacket and hair had been soaked from the rain as she hurried her way towards the convenience store down the street. When she entered, she was happily greeted by the warmth inside.

 

“Oh! You’re back!” She heard someone say at the register. She recognized that voice and locked eyes with the clerk from a few days ago. Mingyu. His happy expression fell when he took notice of her wet clothes and hair. “Did you get stuck out in the rain?”

 

“Ah, well you see…” she muttered, taking a few more steps in, away from the door. While slightly shivering, she explained the unfortunate event that happened moments ago with losing her umbrella and running into a potentially dangerous dog.

 

“You poor thing.” He frowned before turning around to grab his jacket he tossed behind him from when he came in a little late for his shift. He didn’t have time to put it away yet. “Here, switch your jacket out for mine so you can warm up.”

 

“Ah! That’s okay!” She waved her hands in protest. “I’ll be fine!” It was a nice offer but at the same time… they’re strangers, are they not?

 

“You’re shivering! Just take it!” Mingyu insisted, handing his warm jacket over to her. “You can give it back before you leave.” Seeing the worried look on his face, she caved in. She took the jacket and switched hers out like he suggested. “You should be warm by the time you’re finished shopping.” He smiled.

 

“O-okay…” she nodded, giving a small bow before heading to the other side of the store. Other customers had come in at the time, so he had become busy with them.

 

For the next several minutes, she warmed up while slowly shopping for the things she had planned to get, Choco Pies, Ramen, even grabbing a few bags of chips. By the time she was done, she headed to the front where Mingyu happily greeted her again.

 

“All warmed up?” He asked as he began to scan her items.

 

“Oh, right!” She remembered she was borrowing his jacket just now and pulled it off. “Here, thank you for letting me borrow it.” She said kindly.

 

“No problem. Your jacket should be dry enough by now.” He mentioned, handing it back over to her.

 

“Ah, thanks.” She accepted it back and slipped it on right away. From there, he finished ringing up her items.

 

“Your total is 30,000 won.”

 

She opened up her wallet and handed over the amount that was asked for. As he was finalizing her purchase, she decided to ask him a question.

 

“Hey… I’m a bit curious, but could you tell me what happened Monday night when I left?”

 

“Monday night?” He asked, waiting for her receipt to print now.

 

“Yeah… my roommate… well he’s been giving me the cold shoulder all week. I know I shouldn’t have ditched him like that but… I really did see a cat.” She muttered the last bit and heard him chuckle.

 

“Really?” He handed her the small piece of paper before thinking back on it. “I just remember when you left, he was short when it came time to paying. It was okay, though, I covered the rest of the total.”

 

It was in that moment Soo Min realized why Won Woo was so mad!

 

“Crap.” She muttered, feeling so guilty now… she knew how Won Woo hates owing people. Mingyu covering the rest of the bill obviously meant that her friend owes him. Not only that, he owes a stranger, that’s even worse!

 

“Something wrong?” He frowned at her sudden expression.

 

“... nothing. I’ll get going now.” She shook her head. He was still a stranger, so she wasn’t going to tell him about it. That was probably another reason why Won Woo was mad at her, she basically ditched him with a stranger. He doesn’t do that well with strangers to begin with.

 

I’m such an idiot. She thought to herself as she headed for the door, forgetting to tell the worried Mingyu goodbye. He was calling after her about an umbrella but she was already heading out the door. She flinched when the cold rain made contact to her cheeks. It was still raining and she swears that it wasn’t going to let up on the way home either. All she can think about is how much of a bad friend she was to Won Woo this week.

 

She felt horrible… Won Woo was the friend she cared the most about given his situation. They shared a close bond, she was always making sure he was okay, that he was fed, that he was caught up in school, that he had everything he needed… but then she made that stupid move to ditch him at the convenience store for something so silly as getting him to talk to the hot clerk at the register, when she knows Won Woo wasn’t that kind of person, he wasn’t like any of her other friends who would have just laughed it off with her later one when they talked about it.

 

Coming around the corner, she suddenly heard  her name being called a few feet in front of her. When she looked up, she could see Won Woo standing there with his umbrella, his face calm but hint of concern could be seen. “Soo Min…” he said again before noticing the shopping bags in her hands. “Is that where you ran off to?” He sighed.

 

“I just went to get some more ramen…” she replied, voice quiet, eyes casted down. She couldn’t look at him without feeling so guilty.

 

“I figured as much, but what took you so long? You had me worried…” he came over to hold his umbrella over her. Even if he was angry with her, he still cared about her. He wasn’t going to ignore that sinking feeling he got when he came out of his room to find her missing while it was raining cats and dogs outside. Two animals that she shouldn’t be around.

 

“It’s a long story.” She sighed, feeling exhausted by now, but she was happy that he came looking for her. She wasn’t sure what kind of unfortunate event she’d run into on the way back this time.

 

“Then, let’s go home.” He took one of the bags from her hands before they continued on their path to their apartment. It was a short walk and a quiet one.

 

...

 

Once they were home, Won Woo took his jacket and shoes off at the door before taking the items she bought into the kitchen to put away. Soo Min remained at the door, zoning out as she was slowly taking her jacket off.

 

“Soo Min?” Won Woo snapped his fingers in her face when he returned. She looked up to see him looking down at her, the concern on his face more visible this time. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing…” she shook her head, pulling her damp jacket off and hung it on the coat rack by the door. “Are you… still mad at me?” She asked as she was taking her shoes off.

 

“... I can’t really say no.” He mumbled, running a hand through his jet black hair.

 

“I’m sorry. I really am. I know what I did wrong and so… I’m really sorry.” She said in the most apologetic tone possible. Her back was facing him as she took off her left shoe. “I’m not even sure what I can do to make up for it, but…”

 

“It’s fine.” Won Woo interrupted her. “Maybe I overreacted.” He admitted right after.

 

It was quiet as there was a low rumble of thunder outside. She flinched before taking her leave from the door, getting nervous.

 

“It’s okay.” He assured her.

 

“Is it really okay?”

 

“Why are you being so dramatic?” A small chuckle escaped from his lips, hoping it’d lighten the mood. “You watch too much K-Drama.” At her silence again, he sighed. “Seriously, Soo Min, it’s okay. I’m over it now. I overreacted… you can relax now.” She looked over at him, eyes full of guilt, it started to make him feel guilty too. “Soo Min, c’mon.” He gave a small pout.

 

Just then there was a much louder rumble of thunder outside alerting the storm was moving fast and she slightly jumped in the spot where she was standing. “Everything is fine now, so please stop looking so down, alright? You’re starting to make be feel bad, too.”

 

“Bu-” before she could say anything, the lights flickered off and a loud clap of thunder was heard seconds after. Won Woo could feel a certain koala cling onto him in the darkness, shaking from being startled, he had to laugh. She was so scared of thunderstorms, that was also why he had gone out looking for her when he found her missing from their home.

 

Moments later, after finding a flashlight, the two sat on the living room couch together in the dark… the sound of the heavy rain outside echoing throughout their small apartment. It was quiet for a bit before Won Woo finally spoke up.

 

“Listen, I know you’re sorry and I forgive you. Yeah, I was mad at first but after really thinking about it, there was really no need. You were just trying to get me to socialize more… I shouldn’t have overreacted like that, giving you the colder shoulder for days… I’m sorry.” All he could hear was Soo Min’s whimpering and small cries. “Yah! Don’t start crying now!” He wrapped his arm around her to give her a small side hug. He hated it when she cried.

 

“I promise I won’t pull a stupid stunt like that again!” She sobbed into his shoulder.

 

“I know you won’t, so calm down, sheesh!” He patted her on the back.

 

“Won Woo! I missed you so much these past few days! It was so awful, you ignoring me is the worst thing ever!” She continued to cry, being dramatic like he said. He rolled his eyes in the dark but had a small smile on his lips.

 

“Well, I’m done ignoring you, so will you stop crying?” Her crying only increased. “Oh god…” he muttered, bringing a hand up to to silence her. “Please stop!” He complained. The hand covering was removed and traveled down to her side where he tried to tickle her. He got an instant response when she pushed his arm away. “I’m going to tickle you until you stop crying.” He threatened, using his other hand.

 

“No! Okay! I’ll stop!” She exclaimed, backing away from him quickly. She hated being tickled. Didn’t he realize how dangerous that was to tickle someone in the dark. He’s lucky he didn’t get a broken nose or something!

 

Within a few minutes, she had finally calmed down. The rain was still harsh outside, and the thunder was still rumbling ever few minutes. Both Soo Min and Won Woo were still sitting in the dark living room on the couch with only the light of the flashlight shining up on the ceiling, allowing them to see each other in the dim lighting.

 

“Are you done?” Won Woo asked, referring to her crying fit.

 

“Yes.” She sighed.

 

“Good… you know, you’re ugly when you cry.” He teased.

 

“Yah!” She pouted, hitting him on the arm. “You jerk!”

 

“I’m kidding! … not.”

 

“Yah!” She hit him again. He only laughed and his laughter was contagious as she began to laugh with him. That’s what he had aimed for, to see her laughing again. She was the only person who’s really been there for him through thick and thin… to see her so down, he didn’t want that. He had to cheer her up somehow, even if his method wasn’t exactly everyone’s first choice. Insulting humorously.

 

“I don’t know when the power will be back on, but we should go to bed.” He pointed out, checking the time on his phone. It had gotten late.

 

“But…” she mumbled, sounding frightened when another clap of thunder sounded off outside.

 

“Aish, fine. You can sleep in my room tonight.” He said, getting up off the couch, motioning her to follow him. She quickly jumped up and followed like a little duckling all the way to his room.

 

Shortly after getting changed into her pajamas, making Won Woo stand by her door while she did so, they were ready for bed. They both got into his bed and got settled, being friends for 15 years and the fact that Won Woo plays for the same team, this wasn’t abnormal for them.

 

For a short while the two lied in silence, the rain outside being their ambiance. Neither of them had yet fallen asleep. Won Woo was currently thinking about what he was going to do tomorrow while Soo Min on the other hand was still stuck thinking about what happened earlier.

 

“Soo Min?” Won Woo suddenly asked, breaking her train of thought.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can you make me that ramen again for lunch tomorrow?”

 

There was a short pause before she giggled. “Sure!”

 

It didn’t take too long after for them to fall asleep as the thunder finally quieted down.


Chapter one~!

 

iVXwC3HoJ58mx8XyKzUCEznj7aK3U9dIEuPCND-THgwrPWj5wYwgBubm6hQSzX1XKyH_traAy95w__PxwCmMG8MF4Hehq4-eLmkuiWhQT5KCB_r6AutPeLVa_LZgCKb5uH55mu6B

I’ve combined Chapters 1 and 2 together~!

Came out pretty long, but long eventful chapters are good, right?

0dQfvhCQSxC2T0ybj4NRTbyAm-88W1D29kaAlQNbXTEeurpT-ezipzV5hifvqeCmYqbowkupaRSn71jd0gWdIMm8L16FuIiyNtRE9WsQyx0IhM3sIFHKs6DdsFI67oTwqagjxLsA

(Won Woo is the former A/N and Mingyu is the current A/N LOL)

I apologize for being so cringy back then.

I mentioned feedback, really? OTL

P.S. The stupid text editor is going to make these CHs all bolded so... I guess it can't be helped! XD

~

ORIGINAL A/N FOR CH 1

To think I just posted the foreward yesterday and now have a chapter ready…

RXxPHEMcAX3UZIK854RH5ThsQjo5MJXtNKCxGXeQNLPxOgag9C3RTzHkdZhAPPNabKbEqp4rsDBlHG4JOJTTuH1WTEuBUWe3KzIDhNf__kyKL_of8h5tOy8-iAz__ooQmjhW5qtt

LOL my expression exactly!

F5sTV2SlxHXFUpSaUS9ALKinQTyWjqxGQKiKl6cgIErxmXrkLOADdznJzdvF0j8EZ0YyUX7x8VCVluwRPvF3WKSYUPfHogjCsf8Lr1u4YZqfnN2OIQvZFkvVJuQKVEO8hazKbNrw

Well, here it is! (Placing ‘New Story Updates’ into your notifications LOL) Chapter one!

Hope it was good >< I wasn’t really trying to rush, but if it seems that way, I apologize!

I have my fingers crossed that I can update this fic frequently. If you’re new around here(meaning haven’t read from me before) I’m currently in school right now so there probably will be some delays, but hopefully not too many. I have an Insta and Twitter where I’ll usually post if I’m working on a fic and which fic I’m working on, so if you’d like to follow those, here they are ^^

sAE4VJT_H7nGnmP2VjyPcQIhlXR8lazWGLn2UZhgyuQmqYveeUlZKQCGTBd-ROvkLBs9OTvNjwVYU6LcjIltJpZtTr_jM_fX2LUvEOrL3xVjAJAMkteE7ab4vF-CU54bkBr5J6kFInsta | Twitter.

(Won Woo Pointing LOL)

No need to follow if you’re not that interested, but I do love talking to my readers! ❤

iOkQjOyNUsBeHEbWTT5biRh98hdY_eMD3aG0_KiuaGzbSqUkgmgRQuvTlG4KS5dVcCLCsZ46MdAMQ7F5JCmWSPwgmefwUPCcF_NbtGBSR6gmZInyX3BO00rXpFZ6a8MSr4SpvWiW

Anyway! Thanks for reading! Until next time(must have a matching Mingyu… JK LOL), byeee~! :D

 

ORIGINAL A/N FOR CH 2

6t1axYQI5j5zIkrz68JGbVOTpvSIjA53qHJsJY9CEJsyzTGmlY5C8sdrFSj-l8gcYFutEp-af3Csrd_WsGSN5-0ILZ5bML9NMGYbEzyyD2z_YZm1WmZe0ICC6jf-a46uSBcgmWGr

I’m not really sure why I ended the chapter like that, I was thinking of making it more dramatic but… there was already enough drama in it as is haha… so here!

oUuXGO8lewSZEOX3vlagaL4rtcgDquqPleaUMTCJOOv1u-ZKCwLuDTEyZYv163Z0t0mNjIGwU74EPD4xf_o4Bcu6OO2dJpu9nKudkR8j1l7-zVdd35pEWyruHYdla8CsGERAAo0H

This chapter came out really long o,o I didn’t expect it to but…

It’s 5 am as I type this A/N and… I have to wake up in a few hours but this was so worth it haha

w2AupoU-Qce0QmkVMheGEZen7xSX34gHMEu4LlNGr4ruG0J7-zE6gw0LokWwsqfCuddukBB70R6xNhYQ8J5s1TyzHjF7-8JJntTRsH4kUW6wB2r55WT0JU6LGgysI6Ovgm8n2YLE

Hope everyone enjoys! Feedback is appreciated ^^