sequel

Colors

‘And when the lights start flashing like a photobooth, and the stars exploding, we'll be fireproof’

Jimin was more than glad to invite Taehyung and Jungkook to his apartment. He always wanted someone to accompany him. He helped Jungkook to carry the limping Taehyung into his apartment, asking him to sit on the couch. He cooked dinner as they ate together, while Jimin listened to their story, nodding and humming along. The clock ticked, signaling it was already midnight, as Taehyung looked at his brother, who was sleeping with his head on the brunette’s lap. He loved to watch Jungkook sleeping, because the frown and wrinkles on his face would wash away, leaving his perfect features untouched, making him looked younger than his actual age. He slightly pinched the younger’s face to make sure he was sleeping, before looking up, facing Jimin in front of him.

“Jiminie, can you do me a favour?” He asked, slightly tugging at the end of Jimin’s sleeves. The orange haired boy tilted his head, lacing their fingers together. “Of course, what is it?” Taehyung’s heart softened when the corner of the older’s lips curved upwards. Jimin’s smile was one of a kind, it was contagious, and Taehyung swore if fairytales were real, flowers would bloom and birds would stop every time Jimin flashed a smile. “Do you have an extra school uniform? For Kookie?” The latter nodded, some of his orange strands fell forward, slightly covering his eyes. “Look, I want this to be a secret between us. I want you to take care of Kookie, make sure he goes to school. I know I can’t afford it to continue being a student, but it’s more than enough for me if Kookie can continue his study.”

Jimin furrowed his eyebrows, the smile leaving his lips. “Then how about you?”

“I have to work, and I know the legal jobs won’t accept people around my age, so I have to, you know.”

“Taehyung, are you sure?”

“I’m ready for any consequences. I don’t mind if I’ll get hurt, as long as Jungkook’s future is bright. He still has a long journey.”

“Okay then. But don’t push yourself, stop if you can’t cope with the pain, Tae.”

▪ ▪ ▪

Three days passed, and Jungkook started to notice something fishy. Taehyung wouldn’t be home when Jungkook and Jimin came back from school, and when it was the time for Jungkook to wake up, he could see Taehyung entering the house, wincing in pain. There were also some nights that his brother would come home with bruises on his body, and Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn’t get worried. He tried to ask Jimin, but the shorter boy would ramble some nonsense with his guilty face that Jungkook knew so well. So he decided to wait a little longer this time, to end his curiosities, to know the reasons behind all of those ugly marks painting Taehyung’s body.

It was already half past four, and Jungkook was sitting on the couch, legs crossed, surrounded by total darkness, his eyes half closed. He jumped a bit when the door swung open, revealing the boy he missed so much, a frown on his beautiful face, hand massaging his own shoulders. “Hyung.” Jungkook stepped closer, startling the older. “Kookie? What are you doing here alone? Go to sleep, you have school tomorrow.” Taehyung muttered, a weak smile plastered on his dry lips, as he put his hand on Jungkook’s head, feeling his black locks grazing against his palm. But the younger caught Taehyung’s wrist, his free hand brushing the bruise forming on Taehyung’s jaw. “What is this hyung? Where have you been?” Taehyung’s eyes grew wide, Jungkook could see emotions rushing behind those dark brown eyes.

“It’s nothing, Kookie. You don’t have to worry about me.” He slowly removed Jungkook’s fingers from his jaw.

“No! I know you’re hiding something from me!” Jungkook’s voice got louder by any seconds, both of his hands cupping Taehyung’s face.

“Jungkook! It’s none of your business!” He pushed Jungkook away, sending the young boy to the ground, staring at the brunette with round, glassy eyes. “Hyung! Don’t lie to me!” He shouted as he threw himself towards the older, his hands forming two fists on Taehyung’s shirt, tears welling up his eyes. “Jungkook, you better stop-” “Hyung, why are you doing this to me? Do you expect me to look at your frown and bruises without doing anything-” Jungkook fell on the ground, his left hand holding his cheek, slightly hissing due to the stinging pain. His brother never hit him before, never. “Oh my, Kookie, I’m so sor-” Jungkook slapped Taehyung’s hand away, slowly standing back up, hanging his head low with tears sliding down his cheeks. Without saying anything, he rushed to his room, slamming the door shut, leaving Taehyung in the living room.

▪ ▪ ▪

“Jimin.” Taehyung called out as the orange haired boy who was just about to exit the house turned around, confusion all over his face. The brunette faked a grin, rubbing his eyes sleepily and handed the older an envelope. “Money for this month. Buy anything that you and Kookie want.” Jimin peaked inside the slightly stained envelope; probably some coffee spilled on it, only to gasp in surprise. “Tae, this is more than enough. How did you get this, Tae, you’ll get sick if you work too much.” Taehyung sighed, running his fingers through his hair. “As long as I can stand, I’m fine.”

Jimin’s lips formed a thin line, gently pulling the brunette into a hug.

▪ ▪ ▪

Taehyung counted the money, watching the guy walked out of the room with the corners of his eyes. He groaned, as he turned to lay on his back, the pain growing all over his lower body. He picked up his clothes from the ground before wearing them quickly, glancing at the mirror as he could see the bruises and red marks on his back and his neck, slipping the money into his skinny jeans’ pocket. He stretched a bit before walking out of the room, fixing his messy dark brown hair. “See ya.” The bartender spoke, as Taehyung grinned in return, trying to ignore the fact that he was limping to the exit.

He paid to the taxi driver and walked out, closing the door behind him. The road was empty of course, since it was already half past four. He was passing a dark alley when a drunk man stumbled into him. “Hey, handsome. You’re a e from a club right?” He raised an eyebrow, wondering how did he know then he noticed he didn’t take off the small identity card which the club gave to all of the workers so that the police officer didn’t sneak in and pretend to be one of them from his shirt. Taehyung’s nose scrunched up when the unpleasant smell filling up his nostrils as the man put his hands on the younger’s shoulders. “Yeah, I am, but my shift already ended so I don’t think I can entertain you now.” Taehyung mumbled sleepily but the guy didn’t show any signs of letting him go. The brunette tried to push him away but the older’s grip on his shoulders went tighter.

“Um, sir-” He yelped when the man landed his fist on his jaw. He choked, only to receive another kick on his torso. The beating went on and on, Taehyung didn’t even realize that the rain started, and now he was sitting on the ground, soaking wet, his back against a closed shop’s wall, the rain drops washing away his blood. The man was gone, and now he felt his head pounded, and the pain all over his body was unbearable. His eyes grew wide when he noticed a boy with an umbrella was standing at the end of the road, looking at him.

It was Jungkook.

Now Taehyung felt so disgusted of himself, as he tried to stand up, only to see Jungkook pushed the umbrella to the ground, running to him.

▪ ▪ ▪

Jungkook’s eyes fluttered open, beads of sweats running along his hairline to his neck. He breathed heavily, as he pushed his slightly damp bangs to the back. He looked out to the window, seeing the rain drops falling. He loved it when it was raining. The corners of his lips curved upwards, as he got up and put on his skinny jeans, leaving his shorts on the floor. He put on Taehyung’s red hoodie, slightly flashing a weak smile as he remembered how he missed the brunette. He walked out, as he took the umbrella, carrying it in his left hand. He preferred to walk into the rain without the umbrella but he didn’t like it to go to school with his head felt like it was about to fall of. He opened the umbrella, walking along the road, his eyes wandering around. It must be fun if Taehyung was with him, playing with him like they used to. Used to.

Then his legs stopped. He froze, looking at the sight before him.

Taehyung was sitting on the ground, wincing in pain, bruises all over his body. He could see the blood gushing from the side of his forehead. When the brunette tried to stand back up, he saw the pain in his face.

Jungkook didn’t hesitate a bit to let the umbrella slip out of his grip as he ran to his brother.

▪ ▪ ▪

Taehyung let the tears slipped out of his eyes when Jungkook hugged him, burying his face into the crook of the older’s neck. “Hyung.” The black haired boy whimpered as he pulled away, looking at his brother. He glanced at the small card pinned on Taehyung’s shirt, before cupping Taehyung’s face with both of his hands. He knew it.

And the fact that Taehyung did this for him even broke the younger more.

“Hyung, I’m so sorry.” Jungkook muttered, tears sliding down his cheeks, mixed with the raindrops falling on his face. Taehyung hated it. He hated how he always was the weak one, the one who was down on the ground, the one who made Jungkook cry. “Hey, it’s not your fault.” He couldn’t even speak properly now without feeling the growing pain on his jaw. “It’s not your fault, Kookie.” He lifted his left hand, caressing the younger’s cheek, who leaned into his touch.

“Let’s go, hyung.”

▪ ▪ ▪

Taehyung was on the couch, his upper body was bare, with a towel around his shoulders. Jungkook already treated his wounds. It was 8 in the morning, Jimin was at the school, as Jungkook asked him to tell the teachers the younger was sick so he couldn’t come. “Hyung, why did you do this?” Jungkook asked, scooting closer to the brunette, pushing the strands of Taehyung’s dark brown hair from his eyes. The older sighed, leaning back, closing his eyes. He didn’t plan for Jungkook to know this, he totally screwed everything up, his brother must be disgusted of him now.

“Do you know how much I love you?” Taehyung’s eyes fluttered open as he looked at the younger. He didn’t expect at all for the boy to say that to him.

“I, I’m sorry.” Taehyung muttered under his breath, as Jungkook leaned in, making the older looked down, feeling Jungkook’s warm breath ghosting his neck. He didn’t even pull away when Jungkook put his hand on the side of Taehyung’s face and placed a chaste kiss on his lips. The younger pushed the brunette down, putting his palms beside the older’s head, his gaze on the guy. Taehyung continued to stare at Jungkook, god, he didn’t even realize that Jungkook grew up so fast, as he could see his muscular arms trapping Taehyung.

Jungkook leaned down, crashing their lips together, as the latter buried his hand into his black locks, pulling him closer. Taehyung missed Jungkook’s lips on his, his touch, his scent, his warmth, his everything. Jungkook pulled away, breathing heavily, eyes bored on the older. He liked it when Taehyung looked like this. His hair clung to his forehead, his eyes half closed, red dusted his cheeks, and his red lips panting, trying to catch his breath. He liked it when Taehyung looked sinful.

“I love you so much.” They were so close, their lips brushing every time Jungkook spoke.

“I love you too.” Taehyung replied, as Jungkook pecked his lips, grinning to the older.

“I want you to quit that job. I don’t want you to get hurt, and of course I don’t want anyone else to touch what’s mine.”

Taehyung’s eyes grew wide, since when did Jungkook become this cocky?

“Okay then.” The brunette exclaimed before pulling Jungkook down into a hug.

He didn’t even want this moment to end, as he closed his eyes, inhaling Jungkook’s scent, and he grinned when Jungkook tangled their legs together.

The younger moved to lay beside Taehyung, his face on the older’s chest.

It was so calming, hearing the birds chirping as the sunlight bursted through the window, and they dozed off.

▪ end ▪

Because a lot of you guys asked for a sequel so i decided to write this ^^ idek what i'm trying to do actually but hope you like it anyway :p thanks for reading c: