Work Of Art (Part 1)

Dream dates with SEVENTEEN?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The walls lined with artworks, classical pieces being played throughout the room, the place filled with rich, proud, egoistic adults trying to bid as high as they can just so they can show off their wealth and to show a concerning image of themselves. I’m pretty sure all of them doesn’t really give a damn to the cause nor art. They are just here to socialize and act all high and smug. I hate these kinds of events where you have to act like you know and care about . Well, I was forced to attend. As much as I complain about this, I’m in a family of this category. I mean I love them and they love me too, but they love art and upholding their image more. Kinda. So as their only precious child, I have to attend all types of events that they host and meet all types of people. Some who are genuinely nice, some utterly rotten to the core, others just wants to up to people to secure their continued rich, power and comfortable future. Oh well, it’s just another day of being at a wealthy gathering.

 

How I wish I could just disappear… I never asked for this…

 

I couldn’t wait till this ends so I can be home just doing my own stuff. I sipped on a non-alcoholic sparkling fruit juice while standing by at an edge of a huge painting. “How I wished I could drink some of those fancy champagne… Maybe it would make my time here more worth well and so that I could somewhat drown out this dull adult crowd… But noo.. my parents refuses…ughh… I am wise enough to know my li-” someone came onto my radar that cut offed my train of thoughts.

 

“Pretty grand huh..” A low and deep voice came from my left. I stopped sipping my drink and turned to look at the owner of the one who disrupted my peace. I studied him from toe up (weird but I was kinda either looking forward or down so yea.) He was wearing some black dress shoes, he was also tall, his hair was a dark shade of hazel brown, his hair was also styled up to like a slight back comb kinda style, he was wearing a dark navy suit, eyes looking forward to the chattering crowd before turning to me. His captivating eyes drew me in and held me there for a few seconds, I couldn’t look away.

 

“And you are?” I snapped out of my daze and shot him a not interested look before looking away and back to sipping my drink gracefully like I was taught to since young.

 

“I’m just a guest to this art exhibition. My art is displayed here tonight. Couldn’t pass up an opportunity like this, so here I am. There are a lot of great works today.” He replied and sipped his drink.

 

No name given but already trying to show off that he is an artist with an artwork here? Egoistic much?  I couldn’t help but think it.

 

“I see…” I just responded with my bored tone.

 

“Why do you seem so bored? Aren’t all these art pieces amazing? Look around, the atmosphere, the art, the people. Being bored would seem like a disrespectful response to the host don’t you think?” His deep voice made it sound like a lecture rather than a comment.

 

Wow… He actually sounds like… THE REST OF THE ADULTS!! UGH! WHAT THE HECK!?! ATMOSPHERE?! ART?! PEOPLE!?!?!?! HAH! DON’T MAKE ME LAUGH! UGH THIS GUY!! ARGHHHH!! I was raging inside but I had to keep up the image my parents wants me to so I held it in. Well, most of it anyways.

 

“Well, I’m sorry. But I have no interest in the atmosphere, the art and especially in the people here. And that includes you. Mr Nameless. And the hosts are too busy to pay a single second to their own daughter here, let alone they will notice a few uninterested souls here. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ll take my leave.” With a slight bow, I left him standing there wide eyed and alone.

 

I moved on to another quiet spot to hide from judging eyes. Somewhere out of sight. I found a chair and took a seat before taking my phone out and texted one of my good friend. Yoon HaeRim.

 

-Me-

“OMG! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW ANGRY I AM NOW! UGGGHHH!!!”

 

-HaeRimm~-

“Let me guess, on a scale of 0 to 100, the scale won’t even compare. Am I right?”

 

-Me-

“As expected from my Chingu~! EXACTLY! ARGH! Not only was I dragged out to this boring event my parents planned where I have to keep up with the nice, graceful and ladylike appearance, I had to meet this guy who I tried to socialize with me when I was alone and I’m pretty sure I gave off the ‘do not disturb’ vibe but he still approached me and  his conversation SOUNDED EXACTLY LIKE THE ADULTS! ARGH!!! SO SAVE ME CHINGU!!! T^T”

 

-HaeRimm~-

“HAHAHA!! THAT’S JUST SO YOU!! Short tempered and anti-social. Is it really that bad? Well, this guy must be quite something to have made you rage like that. Hahaha~ How can I save you Chingu~? You know I gotta study and stuff. Unlike you where you’re out.. T^T”

 

-Me-

“Yah! You should totally meet this insensitive guy!! And you should know why I hate this kind of things…  Hmmm… Maybe you could come on a helicopter and save this damsel in raging distress just like a modern fairytale~ HAHAHA! I’m sorry chingu.. :< If only you were here… It would be a lot easier to get through the night.. :<”

 

-HaeRimm~-

“If only my grades weren’t that bad for the past tests.. :< Speaking of which, I gotta get back to the books before I get nagged at. Talk to you later~ And if there are any cute guys, REMEMBER ME!!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter