N.O F.U.N

Dream dates with SEVENTEEN?!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey! Come out and have fun with us!! 

Why are you always staying indoors? 

Drop your books and come out for once!

Let's go enjoy some arcade time or have some fresh air! 

I have been told these by family members and friends. Well, classmates should be a better fit. Why you may ask, probably cause I'm a nerd, a bookworm, a teacher's pet. I never really cared to mingle with others. To me, books are the best company. They bring me places that only one can imagine and they aren't as difficult to deal with unlike people. Crowds annoys me, getting to know people seems like a chore and getting close to people is an alarming danger to me. You won't know when and how will they leave you, ending what you once thought was friendship. So to save me from all the trouble and heartbreak, my friends are books. That is until I met them. 13 of them. 13 annoying boys who made me think differentlly. 

"Ya, Noona, Wanna hang out with us on New Year's Eve? Wanna countdown with us to welcome the new year?" The maknae, Lee Chan, sitting opposite me in the library with his head in his hand. 

"Channie ah, you know she prefers her books than being with people." An older male, JeongHan, resting his hand on the younger's shoulder. 

"If you guys already know that I'm not interested, then why are you guys still trying?" I replied nonchalantly.

"Yeah, well, it's New Year's Eve. Who knows if you'll change your mind at the last minute. So we'll stick around till then!" JeongHan smiled widely.

"Yeah! So what you say, Noona? Please? Join us! It will be fun! We will be playing games, having fun and watching the fireworks display!" Chan added with a cute smile on his face as well. 

"Oh for god's sake, it's been a week annoying me. When will you guys give me a break? You haven't bothered me for the entire year. So why now?" I groaned out of annoyance and got up from my seat and left them there. 

"There's still time if you want to change your mind." JeongHan added before I stormed off. 

I went into the classroom filled with the bustling chatter of my classmates. I filtered my way through to my seat, trying to avoid any contact with anyone. Once I got to my seat, I took out my book to continue where I left off. Not long after, the natural light from the window dimmed, 3 boys gathered at my table. 

"You got to be kidding me.." I whispered under my breath while trying to ignore the newly (unwanted) joined company that I have.

"Nope, We're not kidding! We're here!" Seokmin said cheerfully.

"Yup! Ya, Why won't you want to join us? Are we that bad of a company?" The tallest guy in the class, Mingyu questioned.

"It's probably just you my friend." Minghao patted Mingyu on his shoulder, sighed and shaking his head with a small smile on his face.

"Yah! You wanna go?! You wanna fight? Why is it always me huh? Why don't you fight with Seokmin, huh??" Mingyu brushed off Minghao's pat and turned to him to face him. 

"Well, first of all, Seokmin doesn't annoy me like you do. Second, your reactions are funny. And lastly, it's how we are. Yah!" As soon as Minghao finished his reasonings, Mingyu got him in a headlock and rubbing his head playfully with his fist. 

"Yah, yah, yah. Calm down you guys!" Seokmin tried to calm them but couldn't help but laugh out loud at their silly bicker.

"Yah! Ohh boy, you really wanna go huh! Bring it!" Minghao got out of the headlock and went head to head with Mingyu. 

"OH COME ON GUYS! Can you guys just leave me and bring your fight some where else?! I don't want any bloodstains on my books or my desk! So just, Leave. Me. Alone." I got up and slammed my hands on the table and left the classroom angrily.

I move on to my next spot, the courtyard. I found an empty bench under a shady tree. The wind and the quietness was comforting to me, like they welcome my presence. 

"Maybe finally I can enjoy my book." I took a deep breath in and started on my book again. A few pages into my book, the wind got colder and bigger. 

"You're gonna catch a cold at this rate, you know?" A deep voice came up. Like literally, above me. I looked up, searching for the source of where the voice is coming from. It was Wonwoo.

"I'm here. To your right." I shifted my gaze to the right and found this boy with an eye smile. 

"Seriously? Round 3? When will you guys ever stop and give up?" I slammed my book close and let it sit on my lap. 

"Till you consider and say that you'll hang out with us." Another voice came from my side. SeungCheol came to join in.

"Jesus christ, first you guys annoy me, then you want to kind of kidnap me into hanging out with you and now you guys wanna scare the out of me? What's wrong with you people?" I jumped up in my seat with my book falling to the ground. 

"Just trying to introduce some fun into your life, my friend." Wonwoo replied from above while balancing effortlessly on the tree branch and smiling.

 "Wonwoo ah, you should probably come down. You don't wanna fall from that height." SeungCheol voiced concern for the tarzan on the tree.

"Well, if I do fall, I will be falling like the apple that fell for Newton when he discovered gravity. It will be exactly like that. Right? 'Newton'. " His smile just got alot more like a chesire grin.

"Really? You're going there to make this funny?" But I had to admit it, it was kind of funny. Just a little bit. 

"Alright, Mr Chesire, turn your jokes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter