Part Three

Second Chances (Majisuka Gakuen AU)

She had remembered when she had first met Kaeru and Tori. Gekikara had instantly felt guilt for what she had done to the two of them. If she hadn't had asked Tori and Kaeru help her avenge Center's potential death, none of this would've happened. She wouldn't have to see them like this. Worst of all, if she had lost Kaeru, she wouldn't be able to feel that strange feeling inside her. She remembered Tori say some words that echoed inside her mind:

"I can't step back while you kill yourself, just to impress Gekikara-senpai!"

"Umm... Excuse me, may I know where Takayanagi-san's room is?"

"389, down the--"

"Thank you!"

Gekikara had run down the hall and found room 389. She had known Tori for a little while now and knew all of her habits. If she had woken up, Gekikara knew she would be looking after her birds, Papi-tan, the parrot, and her eagle was currently unnamed, if not, she would be looking out of the window looking at the birds fly past her, or wonder where her partner might be. She opened the door to find her talking to Gekioko's vice president, Kobii. Gekikara suddenly became confused and angered, but then again, Kobii had helped them find vital information behind the disappearence of a friend (with some reluctance from her higher-up, Antonio).

"Gekikara-senpai...."

"Gekikara, we've found more towards Center's disappearence."

"Is that why-"

"I came to see Tori? Partially."

"Why else?"

"We, over at Gekioko, needed assistance with tracking down a group of rouge yankees so I had thought to ask Tori, but since she's in bad shape, we can't do that."

"Gekikara-senpai..."

"Umm?"

"Where's Airi... No, Kaeru?"

"She's here too.... but... in a worse condition that us combined are."

"Eh?"

"She attempted to commit suicide and now she's in a coma and none of the doctors know when she's going to wake up."

"...."

"I'm sorry I've put you both through this."

"Gekikara-san..."

"I should've taken your apprehensiveness seriously."

"Gekikara-san, I know you love Airi and I loved Center. It was hard to bare the pain when she left...."

Then there was a knock on the door. It was someone they hadn't seen in a long while.

"Center!"

"I'm sorry I've made an abrupt entrance. Some things came up and I hadn't forgotten about you guys."

"Center, I have something--"

"Akane, don't call me that, I love you, I always have, and forever will. Now, will you give me a second chance at this and become my girlfriend?"

"I..."

"Come on, Akane, just say yes!" Kobii nudged the injured girl on the shoulder.

"Jurina, I thought you died... Please don't make me worry again...."

"Akane..."

"I love you too, but... I can't risk losing you again..."

"Akane, please, give me a second chance. I can't see you suffering any longer." Center started pouting.

"Alright.... You;re so cute when you're pouting Jurina...."

A second knock was heard and the weapons carrier rolled in a wheelchair, surprising Gekikara.

"Kaeru, you're alright!"

"Gekikara-san, I love you,"

"Kaeru...."

"You know when I first met you,  I felt my heart skipping beats and it made me confused."

"Airin, I love you too, but it hurts to see you like this..."

"Can we start again? Together?"

"Alright."