Part Two

Second Chances (Majisuka Gakuen AU)

Kaeru put away her nunchucks and unsheathed a tanto. She pointed it to her abdomen and started inching it closer. She kept on inching it closer, starting to feel the sharpness of the blade within her grasp. The pressure of having no one beside her took over, the thought within every corner of her mind.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you like I should've," she had kept chanting the same mantra over and over.

On the other hand, back with Center and Gekikara, they were both watching the dramatic scene unfold beneath them. Gekikara had pondered on how and why Center had known all of this, but quickly shook those thoughts away as she saw Kaeru take the first cut.

"Jurina, how long did you know all of this? Why do you know? Why is Airin doing this all of a sudden?!"

Center sighed, "Rena I know you want what's best for those two, but I can't say anything. She's doing it because because she's ashamed that she couldn't protect Akane and therefore couldn't keep the promise she shared with me."

Gekikara looked back down at the scene, seeing Kaeru wielding part of a knife beneath her clammy hands, whilst the other part had protruded through the other side of her abdomen. She spluttered crimson red blood, her consciousness fading. She had carried on apologising to the unconscious girl within her vision, not wanting her to pull a grudge against her.

"I must go... I can't stand to see them like this...."

Center had sighed once again, "Fine. Rena.... You and Airi have to protect Akane for me. Tell her that I loved her."

Gekikara froze. If Center had feelings for Tori, then does that mean that she can confess her feelings to Kaeru?

"Goodbye, Jurina..."

Center's figure had started to fade. Gekikara had seen a bright light shine above her and started to walk towards it. Before she knew it, she found herself in a bed beside Kaeru, in an unfamiliar setting. She had turned towards the second bed and seeing Kaeru's extremely pale face, made her scared, worried and frustrated. Scared that she might lose her lover, worried about what she's going to do next and frustrated as she could've prevented it all from happening in the first place.

"Airi...."

Once she had finished murmuring her name, a doctor wondered in, an emotionless expression present.

"Matsui-San, glad you're awake, you've sustained--"

"What happened to them?"

"Well, Takayanagi-san seemed to have sustained a rare, severe case of cyanide poisoning. We've cleared it as of now, but were unsure of whether there's anymore excess cyanide in her."

"What about Airin...?"

"We're all worried for Furukawa-san. She's lost a tremendous amount of blood and we're unsure whether she's going to regain her consciousness. It'll be a miracle if she did."

Gekikara had agape, she had thought that it was her fault that the two of them were in this situation in the first place.