chapter vii.

Charmed and Strange
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung was two years younger than her, and a year younger than Namjoo. But age didn't matter as much in the Academy; if you wanted to enroll, you would be welcome.

 

“What's your Gift, Naeun-eonnie?” Hayoung, even though she had a mature face, was as innocent as they come. Her curiosity was honestly genuine, and her boldness probably unintentional.

 

Still, Naeun didn't mind answering. “Umm... I'm a clairvoyant. Or a destiny-reader, as my family calls it.”

 

Namjoo raised an eyebrow at her in interest, while Hayoung's eyes were wide and blinking. “That's really cool! Can you read my future?”

 

“She's not a fortune-teller, Hayoungie,” Namjoo rolled her eyes, “I'm guessing you're not so good at controlling what you see? That's the only reason why you're here.”

 

Namjoo said it like it was a fact, like she was just commenting on the weather. There was no judgement there, but Naeun still felt a little defensive.

 

“It's a bit more complicated than that. I don't really wanna talk about it.”

 

Namjoo snorted, “Tough. You're in DSA, people talk about their Gifts as often as they talk about what they had for lunch.”

 

“Speaking of lunch!” Hayoung interjected when she sensed tension brewing. “I think I saw Eunmi-eonnie!”

 

Naeun squinted against the glare of the sun. In the distance, she saw Bomi, walking with another girl as they disappeared into the mess hall.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter