009

The Wild Card

 

“What was that?” Jaehee asked as JB came back to their table.

“Some guy was harassing her~”

Yeoshin was grumbling in Mandarin as they walked back.

Ale~

Yeoshin argued back in Mandarin again, their friends just blinked at them. Jackson just smiled in amusement.

“Is it your first time to hear Mark speak in Chinese?” Jinyoung asked.

“Yeah. He usually just sputters around in English.” Jaehee shook her head; she glanced at Yeoshin who was now smiling.

Fine. You win.” Mark exhaled.

“Of course, you always let her win, since 1994.” Jackson cackled, JB sent him a look.

“Thanks, oppa.” Yeoshin grinned at Mark before sliding down her seat.

“Ya, ya, where are you~”

“Jiyong’s. I need some fashion advice, I’ll see you home.” Yeoshin winked at him before leaving.

Jaehee just watched as the girl left.

“You might get confused, but Yeoshin’s kind of our only girl. That’s why we tend to fuss over her.” Junior said.

“How did you guys meet?” Jaehee asked.

“Jaebum hyung and Yeoshin noona have been friends since they were two.” Youngjae said.

“Then we all met at the academy, we have the same tutors and our parents knew each other. Mark hyung came to the group last, we were…six, I think.” Yugyeom explained.

“So, Jaebum and Yeoshin are basically best friends? How cute.” Jaehee smiled.

“People did expect they were going to be paired up.” Jackson nodded, Mark shook his head.

“But luckily, it didn’t happen.” JB finished.

“Mark suits her better anyway. Ouch~” Jackson winced as Jinyoung stepped on his foot underneath the table.

Jaehee just looked away uncomfortably, while Mark just took a sip from his drink.

 

 

“Really, Shin, there’s no escape.” The popular singer raised his hands.

“Oppa, I can’t~”

“I know your reasons, but you have Mark. You’ll live.”

“Mark has a girlfriend, and we have our divorce scheduled in three years.”

Gdragon grew amused and watched as the girl go through the rows of clothes he had picked out for.

“I was going for the whole, I-might-be-new-at-this-but-I-have-more-shares-than-all-of-you look.” He stated as Yeoshin pulled out a black and white Dior skirt suit.

“I think this will do, oppa, right?”

Gdragon nodded.

“You’ve always got nice taste, sweetheart.”

“But..staying here for almost a week, I realized how much little has changed.” She said as she sat beside him.

“What do you mean?”

“My friends..are still the same, halmae still wants me to take over, but at least something new happened with Mark.”

“Mark? Why?”

“He finally got the girl he’s been wooing.” She nodded.

“And..that doesn’t make you feel…uncomfortable?” He asked as he stood up and picked up a pair of jeans and a sweater for her.

“No.” She replied.

“But you’re used to having him all to yourself, ever since you were…six.”

“We did get along well, Mark’s always been quiet and withdrawn.” She mused.

“What I’m saying is that, people don’t know much about you and your caliber, what if this girl misunderstands? You and Mark have always been close, oddly close.” He nodded.

“And we’re not oddly close? I’m at your house and it’s almost one in the morning.”

“Well, you asked me to pick up some clothes for you, I have a reasons.” He replied as he dropped the clothes on the chair beside her.

“I’m sure Mark will let her understand, the guys will too.”

“Just make sure you wont get hurt.” He squeezed her hand.

 

 

Mark was having breakfast alone when his secretary stepped in.

“You asked for me, sir?”

“I have something I need you to find out.” Mark put down the paper and handed him a small envelop. The male took it and opened it.

“I want you to find out about him, his activities and what he’s been up to.” Mark looked at the male, his brows rose.

“This person…isn’t he madam’s~”

“Sectreary Lee! Long time no see!” Yeoshin appeared by the doorway; Mark sent him a meaningful look.

“Yes, good morning, madam.”

“Madam? Don’t call me that.” She shook her head before calling her dogs over.

“Then, I’ll get going, chairman.” He bowed politely before leaving the couple.

“We have a brunch event today.” Mark spoke, Yeoshin looked at him.

“I know, secretary Seo called.”

“But, Mark?”

Mark glanced at her.

“Does..Jaehee fully understand on what we’re doing?”

He nodded.

“She knows we have to convince the elders.”

“Yes but not that, I mean, your parents don’t really keep an eagle’s eye on us, it’s my side that’s…you know.”

Lex, she doesn’t know who…you really are.

Yeowang?

Mark nodded, she exhaled.

“Where does Jaehee work anyway? Chaebol household?

I don’t know the correct term in Korean, but her father’s president of HanShin Electrics.

“Oh, one of our subsidiaries.” Yeoshin nodded before taking her coffee.

 

 

“We don’t have to worry, it’s just our friends and a few colleagues here.” Jaehee said as they stepped in the garden party.

“I know, that’s why I let Yeoshin go on her own.” Mark nodded as he took her hand as his eyes scanned around the area.

“Mark? Let’s go.” Jaehee tugged on his hand, he nodded and followed her.

They made their way to the table and sat down.

“Yugyeom?” Jaehee asked.

“He’s quite busy.” Jackson replied as he looked around.

“Jaehee!” One of her friends waved over, she looked up and excused herself.

“Who are you looking for?” Jinyoung nudged the older male.

“Shin said she’d be here.”

“She didn’t promise, right?” Jackson grinned.

“Maybe she’s just running a little late, doesn’t she have to attend a meeting this afternoon?”

“Yeah, I was~”

 

 

“His wife is in town.” Jaehee stated.

“Really? Have you met her?” Her friend, Songha asked.

“I have, she’s very..unique.”

“Unique? In what way?” Her other friend, Minkyung, pressed.

“Before, I heard Mark was arranged to a lady who came from a prominent family, but I don’t think she’s in…the same level us.”

“What? That’s impossible, you think Tuan Group’s only son would marry down?” Songha asked.

“I don’t know, it’s just~” She halted when she heard a roar of a motorcycle echo throughout the party.

 

 

Jaebum winced as he watched his friend take off her helmet and hung it on the motorcycle.

“Yeowang is here.” Bam Bam smiled and waved at the girl.

“And her famous Ducati.” Jackson mused as the other guests glanced at the newcomer.

“And this is why people will never suspect that she’s HanShin’s heir.” Jinyoung eyed her motorcycle and her biker chic get up.

“That doesn’t worry you?” Youngjae looked at Mark.

“It does.” Mark stood up and walked to her.

I thought you were taking the Corvette.” Mark said as he reached her and brushed her hair with his fingers.

“I changed my mind.” She replied, Mark glanced at her wrist and pressed on her bruise softly.

“We should get that checked.” He frowned, Yeoshin smiled swatted his hand away.

“I will, can you get me something to drink?”

“Tea?”

“Yes, please. Thanks, sweetheart.” She commented, Mark just rolled his eyes before walking away.

 

 

Yeoshin was clad in a pair of dark designer jeans, a loose white sweater and an Alexander McQueen leather jacket.

“Really? That’s her?” Minkyung was out of words as they watched the girl.

“You’re right, Mark Tuan did marry someone lower.” Songha winced, but she smiled and nudged her friend.

“Well, there’s no competition then.” She stated, Jaehee just nodded and smiled.

 

 

“I think so.” She replied as she watched Mark walk over to Yeoshin.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++