007

The Wild Card

 

 

“I’m really sorry you had to witness that.” Yeoshin said as they walked back into the house.

“It’s fine, Yeoshin. I understand how Mark’s world goes.” She squeezed the other girl’s hand.

“And thank you for the party and the food was awesome.”

“Well don’t thank me, it was Mark. He had everything prepared. Have a safe flight tomorrow.” Yeoshin waved at her before joining the boys back in the game room, Mark chuckled and faced her.

“Well, thankfully you two get along well.” He mused, Jaehee smiled and hugged him.

“When are you flying back again?” Mark asked.

“In three days.” Jaehee replied, her eyes landed on the wedding portrait on the wall.

“Then..I—I’ll get going then, take care.” Jaehee kissed his cheek before rushing to her car.

 

 

“Like, really, you should be in a TV show.” Youngjae pointed out as he glanced at the photos on the wall, Yeoshin rolled her eyes at him.

What most people have no idea of was how fake Mark and Yeoshin’s relationship was. The elders made it look like they were high school sweethearts; they even have photos taken of the two when they were younger, even up to their university life.

“I mean, look, you spent summer together in Greece, then Egypt the next year the next~” Yugyeom trailed off, forgetting the countries.

“Most people believe the two of you are fairytale. High school sweethearts, third generation chaebol children and both successful.” Jinyoung said.

She plopped beside Jaebum and leaned against him as they chatted.

“Does Jaehee not know about you?” He asked.

“Are you blind? Of course, she’s already seen me.”

Yeoshin winced as JB flicked her forehead; Mark stepped in and grinned at the two.

“I meant you being Hanshin Group’s~”

“MARK IS HANSHIN’S HEIR, OKAY?” She bellowed petulantly, her friend ignored her outburst.

“How very mature of you, hon.” Bam Bam commented.

“I mean, I think she’s thinking that you’re..you know, just came from a rich family, not…conglomerate rich.” Jaebum blinked not knowing how to construct his sentence, Mark looked at Yeoshin.

“She doesn’t know?” Junior tapped him.

“Jaehee never asked about Yeoshin, besides isn’t she popular enough? She’s already wrecked two of my cars.” Mark said pointedly.

“But, you two, you have to sort this out, with halmae’s staff being here, you have to adjust again, just like before.” Junior reminded, Yeoshin exhaled and sat up.

 

 

 

Alex, please.” Mark sighed as his wife stepped in the room.

How are you so calm about this?

“It’s not like we haven’t done this before.” Mark shrugged as he plopped on the bed.

“We have to convince your halmae that we are actually married, married.”

I know, but I was planning to stay all night and watch Arrow.

Then, watch.” Mark replied.

But you can’t sleep unless the person in the room is asleep too.

Mark shrugged.

We both have to adjust, Lex.

So, now I’m Alex?

Mark smiled and patted the space next to him, Yeoshin sat down and leaned on her knees.

What’s wrong?” He suddenly asked, Yeoshin blinked at him.

What are you talking about, Tuan?” She asked uncomfortably, Mark sighed and sat up.

I can see through you, Lex. We grew up together.” He said softly, Yeoshin bit her lip and faced him.

Did something happen?

She looked away and exhaled shakily.

Did something between you two?” Mark asked, he grew concerned.

We….We…We broke up, Mark.”

He paused.

“When?”

“Last week, the night I wrecked your car…He..I found out he was cheating on me..And…” She took a deep breath, Mark sighed and pulled her closer and wrapped one arm around her.

“I came to his wedding, poured wine over him and yelled at him. But…But then I realized I had no right to be angry.” She faced him, then tears started to fall on her cheeks as she sobbed.

Mark didn’t speak as he gently pulled her closer to his chest and rubbed her back comfortingly.

“I’m sorry that had to happen to you, Shin.” He whispered as he kissed the side of her head, then his brows furrowed.

How could he do that to you?

 

 

“I don’t think I’m ready for this.” Yeoshin said as she put on her jacket, Mark was on the desk typing something on his laptop. They were inside the home library just waiting for the clock to strike nine in the morning.

“You’re quite not.” Mark stood up and looked at her puffy eyes.

“You made me cry, Mark.”

“Nope, he did. And I’m angry he made you cry.” Mark nodded and matted her hair down.

“Shin, if she wants you to take over, I guess you have no choice but to do it.”

“I don’t want to be trapped in my own office, Mark. I….”

“I know, but…it’s time, Shin. You can’t escape your heritage.”

She sighed and just exited the room, Mark grinned and picked up his phone from his desk.

“I’ll see you~”

“You sure about that?” Mark asked as her grandmother’s matron appeared from the kitchen.

“What car will we be using, babe?” Yeoshin perked up, Mark bit his lip.

“Come on.” Mark just took her hand as they walked to the garage.

 

 

“Well, President Han’s closest directors would not utter a word about her, but they call her Alexa or Yeowang(Queen).”

“Her nicknames?” Jaehee looked at her father as she forked her salad.

“Yes, the amount of assets she has is insane, currently she has her parents’, but once she inherits her grandmother’s…it’s going to be crazy. That’s why we have to step up.”

“But…abeoji, how?”

“We have to find out her real name, and from if rumors are true, she’s deem to be unfit to be taking her grandmother’s position.” He smirked.

Jaehee just nodded quietly.

 

 

“Good morning, halmae.” Yeoshin smiled as they stepped in her office, Mark was behind her with a fixed smile on his face.

“Good, we have Mark with us.” The elder nodded, Yeoshin snorted.

“You, I already told you why you’re here, why agrue?”

“Halmae, I’m not built for this life.”

“Well, do you see any of your siblings around?” She asked.

“I don’t have siblings, halmae.” Yeoshin balked.

“Exactly! You don’t have siblings, that means you have no right to say that.” She nagged; Yeoshin scratched the back of her head.

Mark could not help but smile as the two conversed; the two Han women were so alike.

Before Yeoshin could reply, secretary Seo stepped in the room.

“You, you spoil her too much, how could you just hand her motorcycle back?” The lady chided, Yeoshin grinned at the older male.

“Halmae, I asked him to do it, it’s not his fault.”

“President, you have a appointment in twenty minutes.” He said politely.

“Anyway, there will be a meeting tomorrow, the other directors will be there, I want you to come.”

“Hal~” Yeoshin shut when the elder stood up.

“It’s official now, I’ve already named you as my sole heir, don’t even try to run away.” She warned before taking her Hermes purse and leaving the room with her secretary.

Yeoshin exhaled and leaned back against her seat as the doors shut close behind them.

“Well, that was…” Mark trailed off as he stood up, Yeoshin glanced at him.

“Can you drop me off at Jaebum’s clinic?” She asked as she followed him to the doors.

He just nodded, as soon as they stepped out of the office, the employees greeted them with polite bows as they passed, Mark could feel Yeoshin stiffen beside him as they walked.

“You have to get used to it, Shin.” Mark wrapped one arm around her as they stepped in the elevator. She just exhaled and leaned back.

“I just…feel like something’s going to happen, you know.”

What are you saying?

“I mean, I have a bad feeling about this, why is she doing this all of a sudden?”

The doors opened, Mark let go of her.

You know what, no need to drive me, I left my bike here.” Yeoshin said as she walked ahead of him, Mark’s brows rose but he let her go.

Mark was about to call for the valet when Yeoshin came running back to him.

Mark Yi En Tuan!

“What~”

His eyes went past the glass walls of HanShing Group’s lobby and saw the huge amount of media men and women gathered with their cameras and microphone.

I’m guessing they know who you are now.” Mark said blankly.

Very good, genius. Now go act like we’re husband and wife.” Yeoshin replied and took hold of his hand.

We are husband and wife.

Are you purposely trying to piss me off?” Yeoshin glared at him, Mark chuckled and just pulled her closer to him.

 

Come on, basement parking we go, sweetie.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++