040

The Wild Card

 

 

“Has everything been some sort of game for you two?” Mr. Han chided his daughter, she glanced at him.

“It’s a good choice you didn’t bring your second wife over.” She pointed out defensively, Mark planted one hand on her back, she glanced at him before closing .

“Look, Yeoshin, I know it is impossible for you two to get along but please stop referring to her as that.”

“Do I have to call her Mrs. Han, then? Ha ha ha, hell no.” She finished, her father gave up and shook his head.

“But that doesn’t hide the fact that you did something wrong.”

“Sure, I had a relationship with Park Chanyeol, but at least nobody died.” She stated, Mark exhaled beside her, she shut again.

“But fine, I’m sorry, abeoji. I didn’t know this would happen.” She said quietly, the elder smiled at his daughter dotingly, then the Tuans appeared by the doorway.

It was Mark’s turn to appear guarded and unsure, Yeoshin glanced at him.

Pa, Ma.” Yeoshin stood up and walked her in-laws, she felt relief wash over when Mrs. Tuan greeted her with open arms and a kiss on the cheek.

It’s good to see you well, Yeoshin.” Mr. Tuan cupped her cheek lovingly before looking at his son.

Of all women…it just had to be that girl from a family of thieves.” He stated flatly, Yeoshin winced.

Honey,

Mr. Tuan shook his head at his wife.

The danger you had put Yeoshin and her family in, do you even know~

Pa, don’t be too harsh on Mark,” Yeoshin stepped in front of him.

We..both made mistakes in our marriage, but right now, we’re trying to fix things…set things right.

What about the divorce those articles have been talking about?

Yeoshin felt her father’s gaze on the back of her head, she was about to reply when Mark stood up.

It wont be happening, Yeoshin and I have decided to…make things real between us.

Mrs. Tuan smiled and hugged her son.

Aigoo, trust my son to fail at his choice of words, but it’s good you two realized why you were arranged to marry anyways.” She cooed, Yeoshin just nodded.

Maybe we can let this go,” Mr. Han walked to Mark’s father with a grin.

What do you mean?

I wouldn’t mind to have a tiny Mark or Yeoshin running around the estate in a few years.” He stated.

Mr. Tuan chuckled.

“Appa, a tiny what?” Yeoshin balked, Mark just grinned and kissed her cheek before following the elders to the dining room.

 

 

 

 

Yeoshin felt sheepish as they stepped out to the garden, her father and the Tuan elders were chatting at the living room.

“Well, at least abeonim was cool about it.” Mark said.

“Cool..as in he basically told me that the only way I can redeem myself is produce an heir? Yeah, sure, let’s go with that.

Mark grinned and just took her hand.

“I want to see halmae.” She said softly.

“Shall we pass by before going home?” Mark asked.

She nodded, and then she faced him.

There’s something I’ve been meaning to ask.

What?” Mark looked at their entwined fingers.

Why…Sending secretary Noh..to check on me…Why didn’t you tell me, Mark?

Because you would just ask me to stop.

Her brows met.

But that would not stop you.

Mark exhaled.

I wanted to keep an eye on you, I know you can take care of yourself..but I just wanted you to be safe, I wanted to be able to sleep at night knowing that someone is watching over you and that you weren’t going through something that I can’t help you with.

So, I’m guessing secretary Noh left out the thing about Chanyeol oppa?

Mark nodded.

He told me it was something that he would want you to tell me yourself.” He smiled.

She shook her head.

Then he should have at least showed up with a car, I had to take a cab home that day.

But still, thanks for doing that.

Mark nodded, then they halted in front of a waiting car.

To halmae, we go?” He asked.

What about our parents?” She glanced back at the house.

They’re too busy naming their future grandchildren, they wont notice us gone.

Yeoshin glared at him, he just chuckled and opened the car’s door for her.

 

 

Mark was inside Yeoshin’s office, waiting for her when she finally stepped in.

Hi.” Her tone was snappy, and she seemed tense.

“What is it?” He asked and stood up.

“Well, we were at a meeting, then HanShin Electric’s previous representative didn’t like my decision to buy it out and assigned a new subsidiary to take over…so..”

Mark paused, his brows met.

“Jaehee?”

She nodded, Yeoshin plopped down on her seat.

I’m sor~

Don’t. It’s fine, Mark. Don’t apologize again.” She shook her head. Mark just pulled her up from her seat and planted his palms on her waist.

You shouldn’t be handling this much…I mean, I caused you all~

“It’s fine, I have a team working on it. It’s just odd, having to fire people on the spot.”

Mark nodded kissed her softly.

I know.” He nodded before pulling away, Yeoshin was about to speak when the doors suddenly burst open.

We’re here!” Jackson howled, Yeoshin blinked.

I can see you.” She replied evenly, Mark just looked as their other friends piled in the room.

“We’re here to celebrate, noona!” Youngjae said brightly as he hugged Yeoshin.

“What?” She asked, JB and Jinyoung grinned at her.

“Halmae’s getting better everyday and that Choi Jaehee is out of our lives, we need to party!” Yugyeom nodded, Yeoshin glanced at Mark who just shook his head but he was smiling.

“I mean, good riddance, she’s gone.” Bam Bam added.

“But, why are you all here?” Yeoshin asked.

We have a plane waiting, we’re spending the weekend at my place!” Jackson nodded.

Which place of yours?” Mark asked.

“Macau.”

 

 

Yeoshin smiled as she eyed the three floors private yacht docked before her, she glanced behind her and found Jinyoung and Jackson slide down from the Maybach.

We didn’t exactly tell anyone we’d be gone for the weekend.” She said to Mark quietly, he just shrugged.

“We deserve a break.” He winked at her, Yeoshin just rolled her eyes and watched as Yugyeom and Bam Bam raced to the waiting yacht.

“So, here’s to another trouble filled weekend.” Jaebum nudged her, she smiled before looping her arm around his.

“At least I got you guys, I don’t think I can stand another episode of Jackson being chased by girls.”

 

 

Mark placed their bags on the floor, Yeoshin was lying on the bed, her eyes on the opened window as she appreciated the sky blue waters and high rise buildings of Macau.

You need sleep.” Mark pointed out as he stepped out on the veranda with a pair of sunglasses on.

“You’re just happy you escaped Seoul’s winter.” She mused before changing into a pair of shorts and tank top.

Sort of,” Mark smiled, he faced her while leaning against the railings, and he motioned for her to join him. Yeoshin padded towards him, he smiled before trapping her in his arms.

She smiled as he kissed her bare shoulder before letting go.

I was thinking maybe Italy’s not a bad idea before the year ends.” Mark said.

Really? Sounds great. Are we telling the guys now?

I meant just the two of us, it has been a while since we last stepped out for a break.

She nodded, then Mark’s eyes landed on the white gold chain hanging around her neack, Yeoshin faced him with a small smile on her face.

Sneaky.” She commented before Mark touched the ring, Yeoshin unhooked the necklace and placed the ring on her palm.

Mark wordlessly took out the empty Cartier box from his pocket and placed the ring inside.

cartier-engagement-ring-prices2.jpg

“You placed it in my bag, I found out when we landed earlier.” She smiled.

Since I didn’t really get to propose properly, so,” Mark faced her with the box in hand, Yeoshin laughed.

Will you marry me?” He asked softly, she nodded before wrapping her arms around his neck.

“Although saying yes to something like this is a bit late, but…you know, I love you, Markiepoo.” Yeoshin grinned before Mark put her down and slid the ring on her finger. He smiled before kissing her hand and meeting her gaze, then he cupped both of her cheeks before planting his lips against hers.

 

 

 

I love you, Shin, I always have.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

THE END!! (11/03/15)

 

 

Thank you to for reading, subscribing and commenting! Hope to see you all around!

tumblr_nwoig24qTk1tr50wio1_540.gif 

tumblr_nvhcocvb9k1toro8yo1_r1_400.gif

 

And, I may be starting a new fic soon, I know a lot of people have been asking me to continue updating the other fics (Crossing Paths, Eyes On You), but I dont want to upload chapters that aren't written wholeheartedly, guys. I lost inspiration for writing them, but trust me, I wont delete any of my fics, completed or not.

So, going back to the new fic, here's a clue or a sneak peek!

tumblr_nw04faJivA1spwfcso5_400.gif