038

The Wild Card

 

 

“Where is she?” Jackson pouted, Yugyeom nodded.

“She has a few things to finish with Suho hyung and Kai, she said she’ll be here in twenty.” Mark stated as he helped Jaebum with the steaks.

“What’s a party without our favorite girl?” Jinyoung mused as he helped butler Jang with the wineglasses.

“How could you leave her there, hyung?” Bam Bam chided.

“It was family matters it’s better if I leave those three to settle their arrangements, I told her I’d go ahead.” Mark simply stated, the boys looked at each other with smiles.

 The understanding Markiepoo at its best.

Jackson, she hates that type of seasoning.” Mark said as Jackson picked up the green bottle.

“Don’t worry, I made a set especially for her.” Jinyoung stated, Mark nodded.

“So…are things okay now?” Youngjae asked.

“Okay as in, all of you are crowding the kitchen and any moment butler Jang would come here wielding a butcher’s knife and yank us out?” Mark mused; the younger male rolled his eyes at him.

“Well, yes…I guess.”

Awwe, you told her your feelings! I knew that cold heart of yours had the strength too~ ack! Hey!” Jackson glared at Yugyeom who had whacked him with a cucumber.

“Stop that.” Jaebum laughed, then they heard a car pull over.

“Our princess is here!”

 

 

Mark leaned against the doorway as Jackson dashed to the Rolls Royce, Daehyun opened the door for Yeoshin, and then his lips quirked up as he saw Yeoshin, wearing her Darth Vader helmet step down from the car.

Jackson halted.

Uhm, don’t Force chokehold me.” Jackson stated, Yeoshin shook her head as Jinyoung and Yugyeom joined them.

“We saw it in the news, good job, princess!” Jackson cheered before hugging her and twirling her around, Yeoshin took off her helmet but she was smiling as she asked Jackson to put her down.

“How was it?” JB asked her.

“I had so much stuff to sign, well that’s how meticulous Kim Junmyeon is.” She shrugged as two sports cars parked behind their Rolls Royce then Yejin came running to her.

Congratulations, !” She yelled before hugging her in-law, Suho just grinned as Kai slid down from his car.

“We heard about a dinner party for HanShin’s presidents?” Kai asked, Mark chuckled.

“Presidents?” Bam Bam blinked.

“Well, for a moment, HanShin had three presidents. Me, Suho oppa and Jonginnie.” Yeoshin mused before glancing at Mark.

She grinned at him before walking.

“Good job.” Mark smiled before wrapping her in his arms; Yeoshin smiled and hugged him back.

Couldn’t have done it without you.” She said, Mark just kissed the top of her head.

So, dinner?” Mark called to his friends.

Hell, yes!” Jackson nodded.

 

 

Jazz watched as Jackson and Yugyeom squabbled over the last piece of beef, the dog looked up when his master sat beside him.

So immature.” Yeoshin mumbled before leaning against her pet.

Jazz sniffed and her cheek.

“Jaebum mentioned you hated coming home.”

She looked up, Suho sat beside her and waved Bolt over to them..

“It was…a spur of the moment thing, oppa. I was confused…hurt.” Yeoshin trailed off her eyes went to her friends and Mark.

“Shin, what you have here is special.” Suho said, Yeoshin’s eyes went to her seven childhood buddies, her lips quirked up.

“Don’t leave, you’ll be happier here.”

Yeoshin just smiled and nodded. Suho squeezed her hand before joining the group again.

So, how was the lecture?” Mark was smiling as he sat beside her.

He basically told me that I’m not allowed to go back to the US, but it’s all good.” She mused before mussing Bolt’s fur on the back.

“Do you have plans to?” He asked, Yeoshin shook her head.

“Besides, I don’t have time for that, with HanShin being under my name now and people probably would want an explanation on what happened, which reminds me,”

Mark blinked at her, he was playing with the hem of her shorts.

“Why did you do that, Mark?”

What?

Releasing those things about you and Jaehee.

She saw Mark’s brows furrow, then he pulled Jazz closer to him before speaking again.

I figured if you were going down, I might as well come clean too. Because Shin, we’ve both made mistakes, mines are graver, but…I wanted them not to think that it was just you who…did something like that, you know. I just wanted you to be safe.”

Yeoshin smiled before leaning her head against his shoulder.

“Thank you, Mark.”

For creating another scandal for myself? Sure.” He shrugged, but his eyes were teasing.

“I mean taking care of me while I was out of the country, the police talked me earlier, you know.”

Mark just kissed her cheek before pulling her up.

You have a little explaining to do though, young miss.” Mark pointed out.

What?

“Why is there a another Alaskan Malamute pup in my office?”

Yeoshin grew sheepish as she bit her lip.

Shin, you already have four giant snow dogs, but six more at your halmae’s house.” Mark stated but he had one arm around her shoulder as they walked back to their friends.

He’s a gift from me to you, I’m giving you your own giant snow dog.” Yeoshin smiled cheekily before running to Jaebum and Kai.

“Well, what the princess wants, the princess gets.” Jackson nodded at him.

 

 

“It’s not like I was against it anyway.” Mark smiled before taking his seat beside Yejin and Jinyoung.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++