020

The Wild Card

 

 

“Then, have a good night, president!” Himchan waved as Yeoshin slid inside her car, she grinned back at the male before the door was closed.

She leaned back against the warm leather seats for comfort.

“They like you.” Secretary Seo spoke from the front seat.

“They’re fun to talk to, secretary Seo. At least they don’t act all stiff and judgmental around me.” She said as she glanced at her three staff that were making their way back to the company building.

“But, do you know if my cousins are in town?” She asked.

“The two of them?”

She nodded.

“I can contact their offices, would you like to meet them?”

“Secretly.” She said, the older male nodded before taking out his cellphone.

 

 

 

Yeoshin stepped in the house and paused as she saw Mark seated in the living room with a bottle of whiskey in front of him.

Mark?” She called as she walked to him; she carefully set her coat and purse down. She saw two of the help approaching her, but she signaled them to leave.

“What’s wrong?” Yeoshin approached and plopped across him.

What? Nothing’s wrong, Lex.

You don’t drink much, Mark, and yet..” She glanced at the half empty bottle.

“Look, I know I may not be around as much, but I know you, I can see it in your face that something’s been bothering you for the past few days.”

Mark refused to meet her gaze.

Mark, please, talk to me.” She frowned.

Every time I need someone to rant on, to vent my frustrations...you were there, at least let me do the same for you.” She stood up and sat beside him.

“Mark, please.” She asked softly, Mark just met her gaze before slowly wrapping his arms around her.

“I’m just worried.” He said lowly.

“Worried? About what?” Yeoshin asked while rubbing his back soothingly.

Jaehee’s words echoed in his head.

“I want her out of your life, Mark.”

“You…I just..I guess know that your president that means..things wont be the same anymore.” He fibbed.

And just this morning you were so chill about the whole thing.” She mused before pulling back.

Don’t worry, I might have a new title now, but I’m still Han Yeoshin, brat who makes your life miserable.” She shrugged at him, Mark just brushed the hair away from her face.

My favorite brat.

 

 

 

“What is all this about?” Jackson said as he joined his friends.

Mark and Yeoshin had yet to arrive.

“Yugyeom here asked us to rush here.” Jinyoung pointed out, Bam Bam looked at their friend.

“What is it?” Youngjae nudged him.

Jaebum just took a sip of his juice.

“Yesterday, I went to noona to cheer her up,”

“Then…I heard Mark hyung and that Choi girl talking.”

“Choi girl? You mean Jaehee noona?” Bam Bam asked, Jaebum’s brows rose at the way Yugyeom addressed Jaehee.

“She…I don’t like her.” Yugyeom said, the boys blinked back at him.

“She’s irrational, she blames her issues with Mark hyung on Yeoshin noona and..she called her names.” Yugyeom made a face, Jackson paused.

“Finally, someone on the same page as I!” Youngjae nodded and slapped his friend’s arm, Jinyoung sent the two a look.

“Wait..what?”

Jaebum and Jinyoung met glances.

“At least she knows I hate her, I just wanted to tell everybody.”

“Yugyeom~”

Hi.” Yeoshin walked to them with a smile on her face, she was dressed differently, a pale pink tailored pantsuit and a Hermes Birkin purse hung on her arm.

“I’m glad I can have a normal lunch with my abnormal friends.” She grinned before Jinyoung pulled her seat and made her sit down.

“Mark’s not with you?” Jaebum asked.

“No, he called, I think he came to pick up Jaehee or somehting.” She shrugged before yawning, Bam Bam paused.

“He did?”

“But I reserved a table for eight.” Yugyeom said, Jackson sent him a look.

“I’m sure we can~”

Mark and Jaehee approached their table, Yugyeom glared at his hyung.

“Yugyeom about yesterday,” Jaehee started.

“We only have eight seats here, it’s either you two get another table or Jaehee leaves.” Yugyeom faced Mark.

“Kim Yugyeom.” Jinyoung warned, Mark exhaled.

“Yugyeom, I didn’t mean to~”

Yeoshin stood up, she knew how far Yugyeom can go and she knew what would happen if Jinyoung gets angry.

“You know what, let it be. I’ll just get going, I have a meeting anyway.” She squeezed JB and Jackson’s hand before standing up.

Mark froze.

Alexa~

Yeoshin faced the two.

“You guys should eat with them, I’m a bit busy, and I just tried to squeeze in a few minutes to see everybody.” She smiled at him before heading straight to the doors.

Jaehee sat down; she glanced at Mark, whose eyes were still on Yeoshin as she made her way towards the restaurant’s doors.

Jaebum looked at his fried with confusion and wonder. It was clear to him that his friend felt confused…but why?

For the past year, Mark had been trying to woo Jaehee. But now, why does it seem that Mark is always attuned to Yeoshin?

“I’ll talk to her.” Jaebum stood up, he patted Mark’s shoulder and whispered lowly.

“Yugyeom told us, stay with Jaehee.” He said before going after Yeoshin.

 

 

“Tell me, there was no meeting, huh?” JB asked as they walked together.

“Yeah.” She replied.

“But,why?”

“I didn’t want to make Mark choose, and I don’t know why Yugyeom is acting like such an .” She stated, JB nodded.

“I guess he just wants to have lunch with us…like the old times.” JB murmured.

“Honestly, Jaebum-ah,” She said as she looped her arm around his.

“I feel like Mark….Mark’s being different. I mean sure, my old Markiepoo is still there,”

JB could not help but smile at her terminology for Mark.

“But it seems like something is holding him back.”

 

 

 

“Sir?” Mark’s secretary had politely tapped him in the back, he looked up.

“Excuse me for a bit.” Mark glanced at his friends before leaving the table, Jaehee’s eyes followed him as he followed his secretary.

“It’s not like he’s going to hop on a jet and leave.” Yugyeom said quietly, Jinyoung winced.

“Jaehee-yah, how’s everything with work?” Jaebum spoke up, he saw Youngjae roll his eyes before continuing with his food.

“Well, everybody’s surprised with Yeoshin but it’s fine, she was so cool at the meeting.”

“Of course, she has to be cool, she’s our princess.” Jackson mused.

“I don’t get it, why do they have to be surprised? Everyone already knows she’s the only grandchild, of course she’ll be president.” Youngjae pointed out.

Jaehee didn’t know what to reply.

 

“What is it?” Mark asked, his secretary produced an iPad and handed it to him.

“These just came in from the investigator from the US.”

Mark took the gadget and slid his finger on the screen, his brows furrowed.

“He got married…but..”

“He filed for divorce two weeks ago.” His secretary nodded.

Mark’s brows furrowed.

Did something happen?” .

 “We….We…We broke up, Mark.”

 “When?”

“Last week, the night I wrecked your car…He..I found out he was cheating on me..And…”

“I came to his wedding, poured wine over him and yelled at him. But…But then I realized I had no right to be angry.”

“Is he still in the US?”

 

“No, it was reported he arrived in Seoul three days ago, sir.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++