016

The Wild Card

Yeoshin watched as the black Range Rover sped out of their estate’s gates.

“I though your halmae wanted you to come with Mark.” Jaebum said, he was on the other line.

Yeoshin shook her head, her Bluetooth earpiece hanging on her ear.

“She didn’t really specifically ask for her, I just like having Mark around when I’m dealing with her.” She replied as she picked out some dresses in her closet.

“You’ll be fine, Shin.”

“I don’t know, in these things, it’s usually Mark who keeps me grounded, you know how halmae can be.”

“Then why did you not tell him?”

“He said he had plans with Jaehee, you know how much damage I’ve done with those two.” She mumbled as she leaned over to get a pair of heels.

“It’s not your fault.” Jaebum stated.

“Don’t say that, partly, it is. I just…I’m just not used to Mark having a girlfriend, but oh well, that’s part of my adjustment.”

Jaebum sighed.

“How about dinner?” She asked.

“Sushi, game?” Jaebum asked.

“I’ll see you then, sweetie pie.”

Jaebum let out a disgusted snort before ending the call.

 

 

Mark exhaled as he stepped in Jaehee’s unit.

“I know we may seem~”

“Don’t you say odd, but what you two are doing is wrong Mark. You even let her touch you.”

Mark’s brows met briefly.

“Hee, Yeoshin…is just like that, we all grew up together. She can be as affectionate with Jaebum or Yugyeom.”

“I don’t like it.” Jaehee faced him, Mark sighed.

“We have to act like that in public, Jaehee. It’s not something we can avoid.” He explained.

“Mark, you let her do things to you.”

“She’s Yeoshin, Jaehee, she’s my wife. People look at us, observe our every move and talk about us if we act differently around each other.” Mark said his tone had gone flat, he was tired and bothered.

“Still, you spend all your time with her, I don’t like it, Mark.”

“It’s not like I can do anything about it, we live in one house, Hee.”

Mark sighed and took both of her hands.

“All I’m asking is that for you to understand, just like me, Yeoshin is trapped too.”

Jaehee shook her head, Mark bit his lip.

“How about we go out this afternoon? We can visit that museum you wanted to go to and grab dinner.”

 

 

Yeoshin was dressed in a skintight black halter dress that touched her knees and a camel toned suede trench coat as she slid in her car.

She woke up the Lamborghini before speeding away from the house.

“You actually thought the two of us would work?”

“Ya, we~”

“I give up, Yeoshin. I’m giving up on you, leave!”

Yeoshin’s jaw grew taut; she took a deep breath before wiping the tears on her cheeks.

 

 

The doors opened, Yeoshin stepped in her halmae’s home office, she glanced at her side, her father and his wife were both sitting on the leather seats.

“What’s this? Family lunch plus one?” She asked softly before plopping down on one of the leather ottomans.

“I already signed the papers, by tomorrow, people will know that I have stepped down from my position, and you, Yeoshin will be the new president of HanShin~”

“No, I said I didn’t want your position, halmae, just make me a director of somehting instead.”

“Shin, please~”

“Don’t talk.” Yeoshin glanced at her father, he exhaled.

“Just what do you want, Han Yeoshin?!” The elder yelled, Yeosin didn’t flinch.

“We’ve given you everything, education, money, stability~”

“You want to know what I want?” Yeoshin shook her head humorlessly.

“I want my mother back.” She stated, the room grew silent.

“Do you remember why eomma died, halmae?” Yeoshin stood up and faced the lady.

“It was because abeoji became president, but then he met this . Eomma was heartbroken…then..she killed herself. And yet you want to know what I want?! I don’t want to be president of the company that killed my mother!”

“There’s nothing you can do now, you will become president!” The elder stood up, Yeoshin shook her head, she grabbed her purse and headed for the doors.

“Han Yeoshin, you~”

Then a loud thud made her stop, her father yelled and bolted up from his seat.

“Mrs. Han!”

Yeoshin turned back, then her purse landed on the floor with a loud crash.

 

 

“Ha—Halmae!”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++