011

The Wild Card

 

 

Yeoshin’s eyes widened right after the words left , she paused.

All she was asked to do was to introduce herself in any way she pleased and read the script prepared for her.

The script was delivered to her so late that she didn’t get to read it before entering the room.

She looked at the paper again, there was only one line printed on it.

.

She looked up, a measured and confident smile was on her face.

“Then, shall we start the meeting?” She said pleasantly before glancing at the two males who walked her to the room, they both looked away, half apologetic and half amused at her reaction.

“Call Mark.” She whispered lowly before sitting down, but she stopped when somebody called her attention.

 

 

Jaehee was still trying to contemplate on what just occurred when one of the presidents, he was the current boss of HanShin Medical, stood up.

“Does this mean you’re stepping us chairman? Don’t you think you’re a little under qualified for that, Yeowang-ssi?” He asked, his tone dripping with sarcasm.

Everyone grew still; some of the men were hiding their smirks.

“Uhmm, maybe we can debate on the under qualified thing, that’s one thing I can’t deny you of. But I think running Samsung’s two major offices in the US will make me good enough.” Yeoshin replied, her smile cold and eyes challenging.

“I don’t know if you were informed, but not only does my father come from a big family, my mother too, she’s the second child of Samsung.” She leaned on her desk.

Jaehee’s eyes widened.

“I wasn’t asking for your family background, young miss.” He challenged her again.

“Four days ago, a police report was emailed to me, it was from San Francisco, claiming that one of my cars were stolen and got destroyed.”

 “I’ll get you the same one, don’t worry, you married a rich woman.”

 “Oh, I hope you don’t feel uncomfortable with us, we..tend to joke like that, Jaehee-ssi. I’m sorry.”

It all made sense now, how Yeoshin carried the air of quiet confidence and mystery.

“But isn’t that what all of you want to hear? Me boasting of my family’s money, because that’s what you think I only know how to do.” She laughed humorlessly, everyone in the room grew stiff.

“Well, newsflash, I might not be here a lot, but I know stuff and I own more shares than any of you, so, can we get on with the meeting?” She tapped her fingers on the table.

 

 

 

Youngjae and Jinyoung were both in the resting lounge at their company when Yugyeom, still wearing his white lab gown stepped in the room.

“Uhmm, hi?” Jinyoung blinked at the youngest.

“It’s out.” He said as he switched on the television.

“They released it.” Youngjae said as Yeoshin’s face appeared on the screen.

HanShin Group’s Only Heir Is Back In Korea

“The stock prices have gone crazy ever since articles about her was released.” Yugyeom mused.

Jinyoung was about to comment when his phone rang.

“Jaehee-yah?” He answered.

“Hi, have you heard from Mark? I’ve been trying to call him an hour ago.”

“Really? I haven’t heard from him ever since brunch, have you seen the news?”

“I did, I didn’t know Yeoshin is HanShin.” She mused, Jinyoung could detect the edge in her tone.

“Well, yes, we forgot to mention that. But I’m try calling Mark again, maybe he’s just busy.”

 

 

Mark’s eyes widened as his Rolls Royce pulled over at HanShin’s curb. The tall building was now crowded by a huge amount of reporters and broadcasters.

“Wait at the basement.” He ordered his driver before opening the door, immediately HanShin security made way for him.

“President Tuan, what can you say about your wife stepping up?”

“Did you know she had plans to step up as new chairman?”

“When will she taking madam Han’s seat?”

Mark didn’t reply as he waded through the crowd, the doors slid open as he arrived at the entrance.

“Where is she?” Mark asked as a male approached him.

“The meeting finished earlier, Mrs. Tuan is in one of the private rooms, sir.”

He nodded and followed the male through the elevator.

 

Jaehee stepped out from the conference room, the other representatives were still arguing over what happened.

Some of them were annoyed at Yeoshin, while she threatened more than half of them.

She was still trying to get a hold of Mark, but he still wasn’t picking up.

She exhaled, she had so many questions for him.

Then she looked up as the elevator doors opened a few meters away from her, she felt herself relax as she saw Mark.

But his eyes were elsewhere.

Mark, today is a mess. A ing mess.” Yeoshin’s voice came exasperated and shakey.

Yeoshin quietly moved forward, she saw Yeoshin speaking in hushed and panicked tones.

“I wasn’t expecting that to happen, do you know how they looked at me? They all were thinking I was crap, Mark!”

“Shin, relax, please.” Mark glanced at the security, they bowed and left.

Jaehee paused and bit her lip as she peeked.

“They think I’d be nothing if it weren’t for my blood and my last name.” Yeoshin said hotly.

Alex, you need to calm down. They’re just not used to~

“Some man said I’m under qualified, has he even tried to run Samsung all by himself? Some bull he~”

Mark exhaled and just pulled her to him and wrapped his arms around her.

I know you’re angry and pissed, but, Lex, please, relax. People will talk if they see you acting this way. You gotta keep your cool.

Jaehee’s brows furrowed, she glanced at her phone and dialed Mark’s number again.

Yeoshin closed her eyes and pressed her nose against his chest.

“This is driving me crazy.”

“I had a feeling it would.” Mark commented, his hand fleetingly went to his pant pocket, but he ignored it.

Jaehee’s brows rose.

“Your phone’s vibrating.”

“I know, don’t mind it. I need you to calm down first.” Mark pulled back to meet her gaze, he smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead.

Please don’t turn into chaebol daughter monster.” He said lightly.

Yeoshin just sighed and closed her eyes.

 

Jaehee shook her head and got in the elevator.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++