Final

Too late

" I see you're married." He says taking a sip of his coffee. The person opposites him smiles, slowly twirling the ring on his finger. All of a sudden the coffee tastes too bitter. His heart turns bitter. He didn't want the person opposites him to be happy. Not when he had what did not belong to him.

" Yeah...seems so." He smiles, the smile making his intimidating looks to soften.

" Congrats. I'm happy for you." He doesn't mean it. No, the words themselves feels poisonous on his tongue. And he can very much guess who the other's husband was.

" With Kris, right?" He asks just to confirm if his thoughts are right. At the mention of the name, the person sitting opposites him blushes, head lowering into the wool scarf around his neck. He tugs at it, pulling it away from his neck as if it was to tight and was trying to swallow him. Kris's. He nods in response, a shy smile visible on his animal like lips. 

He wanted to feel happy for them. For him. But, he is finding it hard to do. After all it could be him married to Kris. The guy he has been in love with since God knows when. No, he has no right to be jealous, he had so many chances to confess, but avoided every chances he got like the plague, even worse than that. He takes another sip before questioning " Is he alright?"

" Yeah, he's okay."

" Good." He  had not seen Kris in so long and they were not as close to even exchange numbers and such.

Back then they would talk a little, they never did hangout. They were more of strangers than they were friends. He didn't mind it as long they acknowledged each other. As long as Kris knew of his existance.

They sit for awhile in silence, each in their own thoughts.

The two people in the cafe had been friends for three years now. They weren't best friends, but they did know enough of each other that were needed to be known. When this guy with bags under his eyes came running to him and telling  him of  how he had met some perfect guy, he was happy for him. Untill he heard the name of the guy.  Wishing he never asked such a question. " Kris Wu. His name is Kris Wu."  The name of the guy he was hopelessly in love with. This could not be. His heart had beaten in the most hurtful way possible. His happy expresion disappearing so quickly. No, why did it have to be the guy he was in love with? The guy, when next to him, all the words he knew flew away abandonig him, leaving him with his mouth opening and closing. Trying to get the words back.

At least let it be someone besides his friend.Maybe that would hurt less. How was he going to look at them and be able to stay as if nothing was wrong? As if he did not want to be in the place of his friend. Someone else, please?

 After his friend started dating Kris Wu about two months after they had met, he stopped visiting him, only calling  him about twice a month and even then it was only for about two minutes. His friend, Huang ZiTao, had been confused as to why he rarely ever contacted him.

" Why do you never come to see me anymore? I want to intruduce you to Kris." His voice was fiiled with such sadness. He felt bad." Do you not like me anymore?"

" No. Its not that. I'm just busy nowadays. The job is very tiring and I'm just starting, so I need to focus." He did not want to tell him the real reason. It would hurt and he did not want to hurt anymore than he already was. He feared that if he stayed near his friend, that he would come to hate him and he did not want that to happen. The younger boy was precious to him. 'And besides, he reasoned, I had many chances to confess and did not take it. It's my own foult.'

He did not go to their wedding. He did not even know that they had married. They had lost contact and now they had somehow bumbed into each other a couple days ago at the grocery store and decided to get back on track with each other. It was no surprise to him that they had ended up married to each other, He had figured that they would end up married someday. He just didn't know it'd hurt so much to know it actually happened. 

 After awhile of sitting and drinking and talking, they decide to head home.

He watches from the other side of  the street as Kris Wu embraces his lover and kiss each other so passionately, not seeming to mind the stares thrown at them. He smiles bitterly for his friend. He was happy for them. 

His legs goes weak and suddnely he's on his knees, tears falling, and his heart shattering at the sight and fact in front of  him.

He hits weakly at his chest, as if, if he does that, the pain will go away. His vision clouded with tears. He falls to the ground. He thinks he hears a faint voice calling his name.

" Minseok!" The voice feels so far, yet it's causing him a headache. It's okay. 

 He smiles a heart breaking smile. It's okay.

   He was happy for them. ' I'll get by.'

 

 

 


 

 

 Thank you all for taking your time to read and such!!