Instances

Instances

In the instances Wheein ever happens to fall sick (which, fortunately, isn’t often), she falls into a state in where she almost never leaves the bed, drifting in between the blurry lines of sleep. When she manages to stay awake, she transforms into a living pharmacy as she takes one prescription after the other, either resulting in drowsiness or a headache, leading to periods of insatiable grouchiness.

 

For Hwasa, this means full reign of the couch and the TV, resulting in marathons en masse of various TV shows most of them have never heard of. Moonbyul tries to tone down her greasiness to accomodate the grouchy puppy, leaving her alone when she goes into their room. Solar usually took it upon herself to cook soup and feed Wheein from her bed (“Why the sudden show of appreciation of the flawlessness I am?” “Shut up and eat before I give this to Moonbyul.”) and taking care of her in general.

 

Her restlessness becomes even worse, though the area where it is abused becomes much smaller; Wheein's things.

 

“I think that's the fifth time you've folded that T-Shirt, unnie. And don't you have clothes to hang? Maknaes to shoo off the couch?"

 

Solar shrugs, “Perhaps I’d like the room to stop smelling of a sick cat faster.”

 

“Such romantic words. Makes me swoon every time.” If she wasn’t bedridden with two layers of blankets and Solar's rainbow blanket tucked underneath her head, she would have made a show of moving her head about and making her eyes roll back. But the course of events made her refrain from doing so, else she wanted a larger headache in return.

 

“Let’s hope that swooning will speed up your immune system.” Solar gives her a light kiss on her burning forehead before sitting down at her chair, finally ceasing to move, taking out her phone to check her messages.

 

After a few grumbles under her breath, Wheein shifts around in bed, trying to get comfortable enough to sleep. However, sleep had other plans as it constantly evaded her, and it was driving her to the point of insanity. It had been 30 minutes of moving about in bed and ruffling the bed sheets until Solar sighs.

 

“Are you going to tell me why you keep wriggling about like a snake trying to shed its skin, or should I just sit tight and guess?”

 

“It’s nothing, just that the blankets are a little stuffy.” Wheein can hear the lie in her voice, but she hopes her girlriend won’t notice.

 

“If there’s one thing you are increasingly becoming worse at, which is a problem, by the way, it’s lying.”

 

"The bed feels a little empty, is all." Wheein pouts when she sees Solar smile, "What's funny?"

 

"Are you asking me to get in bed with you, Wheein-shi?"

 

"Not... really? Maybe? Oh, shut up." She says as Solar bursts out in laughter, throwing her head back, much like she herself was known to do.

 

"As you command, milady." The chair creaks as her leader stood up and slid into the bed, throwing the blankets over herself as she shifted to face her.

 

"What are you going to do if I get sick too?"

 

"As long as you refrain from kissing me, I think we'll be fine."

 

"But that's so hard."

 

"Which is why I'm inviting you to do it."

 

"Naughty child." She leans forward anyway, pecking her feverish forehead and laughing at her expression.

 

"I trusted you."


"And I trusted you to want me to stay healthy."

 

"...Fine. But come here."

 

Solar obliges happily, shuffling to snuggle her, wrapping her hands around her waist, pulling them flush against each other.

 

"Idiot squirtle."

"But I'm your squirtle."

 

"Ugh, greasy squirtle."

 

"Still your squirtle."

 

"I love you."


"Love you too, puppy."

 


 

When Moonbyul came in to grab her clothes to go out, she found them entangled, foreheads touching and blankets abandoned, Solar's arms still around Wheein's waist while the latter's legs twined with the other's.

 

She smiles, pulling out her phone to capture the moment, leaning down to check Wheein's temperature. It had returned to normal.

 

"Stupid angels in love." She shakes her head and closed the door behind her quietly.