What the hell are you doing?

I am his Maid

The four of them were sitting in the waiting room for Kibum and Donghae to come back with their wounds treated. They brought Donghae, who collapsed in Eunhyuks arms after the incident with Hyunseung, to Seoul Private Hospital.

Hankyung was quite shocked about what happened earlier. He would never have imagined Heechul being capable of doing such a thing as hitting somebody else. Not so hard at least.

Heechul on the other side was sitting calmly, with his eyes closed, his arms and legs crossed, dead silent a few chairs away from Hankyung.

Suddenly he started asking Heechul

 

"Heechul-ah"  But Heechul interrupted him. "I think there should be a Hyung somewhere… I'm older after all"  

"What?! Why should I call you that? You are the one work-" Heechul kicked him cutting him off. Hankyung rubbed his aching shin

"I am not right now. I'm sick of this attitude of yours already."  "Fine Hyung. That's so weird...." He kicked him again

"Ouch!! So Hyung what was that all about?"

Heechul sighed and looked up at the ceiling with a stern face.

 

He told them about about Donghae and his school, the problems, and how it all started . 

"So" Hankyung started "You were the most popular guy at school. Donghae the one who got bullied, and Kibum the cold guy nobody liked to mess with. You and Kibum protected Donghae from all bullies.... Ok. And what about that Hyunseung guy?"

"Hyunseung well… He is the leader of the gang also known as BEAST. They are harmless as long as you have a tight grip on them."

 

 

Siwon and Eunhyuk were listening silently to what Heechul was saying. All of them were worried & shocked. They never thought Heechuls and his friends life was that tough.

Suddenly the door opened and Donghae and Kibum entered the room, their wounds treated interrupting their conversation. 

After talking for a bit they decided to part. 

Much to Heechuls surprise Siwon volunteered to bring home Kibum and so did Eunhyuk for Donghae.

 

~*~

 

 

There was silence filling the car as Hankyung and Heechul were driving home. 

 

 

"Heechul-Hyung"

"You can call me whatever you like whenever we are alone." Heechul said softly crossing his arms "I just don't want to be dominated completely by you." 

Hankyung raised his eyebrows.. "Ehmm... ok? I'm sorry if I made you feel like that." 

"It's fine. I'm your employee after all. So, you can call me whatever you like" 

Employee? Hankyung thought. Is that what I am to him? Just his employer? 

"Heechul, just because you are working for me, it doesn't mean that I own you and can do whatever I like with you."

Heechul just shrugged his shoulders.  

"So what was that fuss about on the school ground?"

 

Sighing Heechul answered him., "It happens that I am the most popular guy at school, right?... You can call them my fans if you like. They would walk after me all day. They would confess, give me small presents and stuff.. Pretty much like the girls in school do to you, Eunhyuk and Siwon..or at least try to do.." 

Hankyung eyed him " Have you dated one of them once?" Snorting Heechul looked out of the window.. Who does he think I am?

"Yah.. What was that supposed to mean? Was that a yes or a no?" Hankyung was confused.

Heechul looked at him again "Why do you want to know anyway?"

Hankyung shrugged with his eyes fixed on the street. "I don't know? Just curiosity." 

"Oh. Ok." He said nodding and looked onto the street before answering in a matter-of-fact-way "I have dated almost every girl."

"HOLY !!!" He braked so hard making the car stop in an instant. Luckily on a red light.

"Yah!! Do you want us to die?!! " Heechul shrieked

"Why have you dated every girl?!!!!" Hankyungs eyes were wide as he looked at the feminine guy next to him.

Heechul leaned his head against the seat. "They confessed their love to me and asked me to be their boyfriend." 

"And you agreed?!!! Why?"

Heechul fell silent and  looked at his hand lying in his lap. "I...." He stopped.

Looking at  Heechul, Hankyung noticed that Heechuls gaze seemed distant. As like he lost himself in his thoughts. 

  After a long pause he mumbled almost inaudible.

 

"I probably tried to distract myself...

 

Still, the sadness in his voice got noticed by Hankyung. Heechul smiled sadly at his hands.

Hankyung was startled by the sudden change in his mood. And he felt bad for it making him sad. "I'm sorry." 

"It's alright. " Heechul said clearing his throat. 

Even though Hankyung didn't wanted to go any further, the urge to ask more kept bugging him inside "Was... was it ever something serious when you dated them?" He started driving again as the light was green.

Heechul looked at him and answered sarcastically "How could it ever be serious? We would always break up after one or two days." 

It was meant sarcastically. But then again there was that sad hint in his voice. 

 

"I think I would be jealous seeing you with another girl a day after we broke up." Hankyung said bluntly turning the car. 

Heechuls eyes widened and he looked at him. His face started to feel warm as he blushed lightly and his heartbeat fastened. 

"Y-Yah.." Heechul calmed down a bit. Again this weird feeling.. Maybe I should go to the doctor...

 

Hankyung laughed "You know it's very weird. Instead of loving you like they do now, they should hate you for dating every girl." 

"Maybe. But after they broke up with me, they would soon realize that they had the chance to be with me, but instead they broke up. So they are trying to get me back. That's why they still admire me and the reason why I am still so popular" 

"Seems logical"

"....."

"...."

"....."

"How far have you ever gone with a girl?" 

"WHAT?! W-why the hell are you asking s-something like this out of a sudden?!!!" 

"Because I want to know. Tell me" 

"No!" 

"Tell me" 

"No!!" 

....

"Tell me tell me tell me tellmetellmetellme..." Hankyung continued blabbering. 

"AISH FINE!!!" Hankyung stopped and grinned widely at him. 

"So?!"

"Kiss..." Heechul mumbled looking at his hands again. 

"Kiss?!!! It was a one-day-date and you already kissed?"

"N-No! It's not like that! It was just a-a peck on t-the cheek o-or something.. n-no lips..." 

"So you haven't had your first kiss yet?!" Hankyung asked surprised

"So what?!!! I'm not like you rich bastard ing random girls as I please!!!"

Hankyung rolled his eyes at the 'rich bastard' thing. Typically Heechul he thought

"Yah.. It's alright." He said in his calm and gentle voice. 

"I didn't had mine either." He said driving the car up to the house. 

"You had not?" Heechul looked at him dumbfounded. After thinking for a moment he continued "You saved it for... Jessica.. right?" For some reason it was hard to say her name, now that he knew about Hankyungs feelings for her.

What was that weird feeling in him? The thought of Hankyungs feeling for Jessica made him angered.. but sad as well.. It was confusing him.

"Kind of" Hankyung chuckled. The respond disappointed Heechul. 

This feeling inside of me... it's really weird. I feel, sad and disappointed when he talks about Jessica. It's almost as if I am jealous of her.. But there is nor reason why I should be right?! It's not like I am in love with Hankyung.  

Right?

There is no reason for me to be disappointed, sad or jealous.

Heechul thought while looking out of the window. Hankyung noticed Heechuls mental absence. 

"What's wrong?" 

Heechuls gaze shifted at him. He shook his head and answered in all honesty  "I don't know, Hankyung. I really don't." He excited the car.

Hankyung watched as Heechul walked to the mansion. Something was bothering Heechul. Hankyung could tell by the way he spoke.

 

~*~

A few hours later everyone wad busy. Hankyung was working on some papers, Kyuhyun and Henry were watching TV, and Heechul and Nana were cooking in the kitchen, while the other maids did what James instructed them to.

"Yah, Henry, where are you going?" Asked from the sofa pressing the break key.

"Getting something to drink" He said walking into the kitchen. His eyes fell on the two maids cooking and chatting happily

"Henry! You need something?" Heechul asked as the shorter man tried to open the cupboard to get a glass.

"ah. No Heechul-Hyung-- I mean.. Noona?Ehmmm.. Hyuona?" Heechul laughed, opened the shelve for him and handed him a glass "You know, usually I would get really mad if somebody dared to call me Noona. But even though I am wearing a dress right now, I still am a guy k?"

The younger nodded and poured some drink into his glass after which he walked out of the kitchen. "Henry~~ where are you? I want to continue!" Kyuhyun whined from the sofa holding the remote ready to press play any moment

"I need to ask Hankyung-Hyung something" he said walking pass the living room

"Wait for me!" Kyuhyun yelled running behind his younger cousin. 

 

After knocking on the door, they entered the office of their cousin. "Hyung." Henry started. Hankyung just hummed as a sign that he was listening.

"Will Heechul-Hyung be at the party tomorrow/ on thursday??" Hankyung nodded while rolling in his chair to a shelve to pull out a file. "He will be serving as my maid"

"Why is he working for you either?" Kyuhyun asked

"He owes me money."

"That's all? And where is the point in making him work as a maid?" Henry shook his head with his eyebrows raised.

"Look, when I met him, he was soaked in water, his body was shaking due to the coldness but he didn't care. If I have let him go, he maybe would have died. So I took him with me. He stayed over the night, curing his fever." Hankyungs voice was almost a whisper. He said he would pay my money, even if he had to sell his body, since he was feminine enough.. He left that part out. He felt pain in his chest as he thought about Heechul back then. He was more than shocked to hear him talk like this.

He told them the rest of the story. "And why is he working as your maid and not butler?" Kyuhyun asked irritated to which Hankyung just shrugged.

"I have just one butler, James. And I won't change that." Maybe there was something more? Hankyung thought but shrugged this thought off. The cousins were looking at each other in silence before the youngest of them spoke again

"So you think he can make it?" Confused his Hyungs looked at him

"You know it is a hard job to serve as a maid at such an important event. Do you think he can manage that as a newbie?"

Hankyung thought for a moment "I think he can do it." He's Kim Heechul after all. Hankyung laughed at his thought startling the boys.

"I'm going to the loo" Henry said walking out of the door with Kyuhyun following him. 

"Hyung just one more thing!" Kyuhyun came back in and closed the door behind him

"Yeah?" He asked looking up at the younger "Are you going on the party with Jessica?" He asked voice full of hope. But the older only lowered his gaze

"No"

"You really should ask her out… There is absolutely no progress in your relationship." Kyuhyun sighed "So? With whom are you going then?"

"I haven't asked anybody…" Hankyung said rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"Yah!! As the son of uncle and the heir of TW group you should have some company at you side!!" Kyuhyun yelled at his cousin.

 

Suddenly the door flew open revealing Heechul with a tablet in his hand. "Young Master, I made you some tea." Next to him Kyuhyun scoffed

"How can you stand calling him like that?"  

"It's hell" Heechul laughed at the younger and walked to the desk. Placing the tea on the table he turned walking back to the door where Kyuhyun stood.  

"Watch out. It's hot" Heechul said and stopped beside Kyuhyun as he heard the porcelain cup being rapidly placed back on the small plate and Hankyungs cursing.

Turning around he saw Hankyung waving cool air on his out stucked tongue. Tears were visible in his eyes.

"Aish… So pathetic" Both, Kyuhyun and Heechul said in sync. Surprised at the coincidence they looked at each other in shock, but it turned into a smirk soon.

"I'm starting to like you kid" Heechul said walking out of the door. Kyuhyuns smiled at that statement and watched after Heechul.

Kyuhyun looked at Hankyung  who touched his tongue and whimpered. Kyuhyun shook his head.

"No wonder no girl wants to date you…"

 "Tso Tyohyan!!!" Hankyung yelled angrily while Kyuhyun walked out of the room laughing at his cousins fail to call his name.

 

 

Meanwhile in another part of the city

 

"And now try this." 

"Why should I?" 

"Because I said so!" Eunhyuk said pushing Donghae into a changing cubicle. "Wha--- " Eunhyuk slammed the door shut and leaned against it sighing. From the other side Donghae was banging on the door and yelling at Eunhyuk to unblock it. 

"Change and I'll unlock it." Donghae groaned "I don't want to try anymore!" 

"It's the last one."  

"Fine." 

 

Satisfied he sat on the sofa standing opposite of the cabin. Next to him stood at least 13 bags full of various clothing. He thought about the happenings from before. 

 

FLASHBACK and Eunhyuks POV:

"I'll bring Donghae home" I said as I looked into Heechuls eyes as like asking for his approval. He nodded. 

"Eunhyuk, there is no need. I can go alone I---" 

"No way. You're coming with me."

"But---"

"Donghae." Heechul-Hyung looked at him sternly. "It's too far away to walk. Just let him take you"

"Ok." He finally agreed.

A few minutes later we were already sitting in my car. He fastened his seat belts quietly and looked at his lap. Before starting the car I looked once more at him.

After a few minutes of silence he murmured

 

"I'm sorry"

 

"For what?" 

"Being a bother to you guys." He answered sadly.

"What do you mean?" 

He sighed again "You know. It has always been like that. Whenever I had problems Heechul or Kibum would be there to help me."

"And where is the problem?" 

"I'm causing them to much problems. I'm to dependent on them. I'm helpless. Like a fish laying on the dry beach. The seagulls are flying above it waiting for a moment to pick on it when the people who keep carrying water to keep it alive are not around." I frowned. Fish? Seagulls? Well Donghae does somehow look like a fish but what was he trying to say?

What did he mean with that? 

"Without these people, the fish wouldn't be able to live. They keep on carrying water to the fish to keep it alive and shoosh the seagulls away whenever they are to close. But wouldn't it be easier if they let the fish back into the ocean? So that it could be independent?" 

Was he talking about himself? 

"It would be a lot easier for the fish and the people. The fish could live in the ocean freely, the people stop carrying water. They must be exhausted from all this carrying after all. And besides. It's just a worthless fish." He murmured... 

I understand. I know what he means.

He was talking about himself. The people he was talking were Heechul and Kibum, the seagulls BEAST, and the fish.. He was the fish.

Whenever BEAST was bothering him, Heechul and Kibum would help out.

"Donghae! Stop this. You are not worthless." 

He chuckled darkly. "You know, it would be a lot easier for all of us.. Right? If I would be more confident and able to face them myself. Not hiding behind Heechul or Kibum anymore. I'm relying on them way to much already." He laughed. "They did to much already for me. I don't have even the chance to somehow make up for all what they have done for me.." 

"Donghae. They don't help you because they have sympathy with you. They are your friends. Helping each other is what friends do. They don't expect you to make up. What is important to them is that you are fine and not the compensation." He looked at me with wide eyes. 

"You think so?" 

We stopped at a red light and I looked at him. His watery brown eyes were staring at me.

I smiled at his cuteness. Wait.. cuteness?

"I don't think so. I know." A smile formed on his lips and I smiled showing my gums. 

 

But it's true. I have been thinking about the same thing in the hospital while listening to Heechul. 

Donghae needed to be more confident. Not for his friends sake, but for his. He can't always rely on them. What if they can't help them because they are too far away or have own problems? And how should he manage his life later if he doesn't learn to stand up to certain aspects, if he doesn't learn to protect himself, if he doesn't learn to face problems himself? Not that it was bad to have somebody to rely on.

"Eunhyuk! We needed to take that exit!" He said pointing at the street I just drove past. 

"No." 

"Yes we definitely did! My home is that way"

"We're not going to your house." 

"What?" 

"Donghae." 

He gulped at my serious tone. 

"Hum?" 

"Who am I to you?" 

"Wh-What d-do you mean?"

"Do you see me as a friend?" 

He nodded slowly making me smile.

"Then let me help you."  

"With what?" 

I chuckled

"To get rid of your shyness" 

 

END OF FLASHBACK.

 

 

 

 

So next is EunHae.. A question.. Do you want them (Eunhae) to fall in love really fast or do you want it to be more complicated?? 

Actually I didn't plan this chapter like that.. The EunHae scene just popped in my mind and I kept typing.. So I have to postpone the chapter I actually planned to upload next... I think there will be 2-3 chapters more to the party o.o  You'll definitely like it ;) or maybe not since the dramatic parts will start from then on. 

 

 

But  I am a bit nervous.... On 21 April my final exams start.. I have to learn so much until then! Might not upload that much even though I have Easter vacations right now...  (−_−;)

 

And about my music exam. It was fine,but it could have been better.. :/ 

We had to analyse a piano concerto Nr.3 by Béla Bartók...  

Thanks for asking 4hanchul ^^