Birthday Party?

I am his Maid

Heechul's POV:

I stretched on the large sofa in the living room. Somehow there was nothing to do... Every maid was busy except me..Not that I mind but.. It's odd.. It was creepy how fast I got used to live here and to work as a Maid.. I as a man working as a Maid... It's embarrassing and humiliating but I don't have any other way so I might just do this.. It's not that bad after all. Nobody knows except those I work together with. And nobody needs to know.. This would be to much. Donghae or Kibum knowing about this? Hell no.. they would go crazy.. They would probably try to contact my parents and... my parents.. What were they doing now?? Are they healthy? Do they have enough to eat? I hate myself for not memorizing the phone numbers of any of my relatives... I always had them saved in my phone but now.. it was broken..

Sighing I sank further into the soft sofa... 

I saw Nana passing by the door and called her. 

"Heechul?! What are you doing?" She's always there when I need her.  "Besides of self-pitying nothing.. I'm bored.. Mind to stay here for a while?"

"Uhm yeah sure" I feel like I can talk to her about everything in the world. About the weather, the new fashion style or food.. 

Even though I know her for.. just 3 short days.. Funny right? 

She sat down next to me. "Nana tell me something about yourself." 

"About myself??" She asked and titled her head to the side "Well what do you want to know?" 

"Humm.. Tell me, why do you work for the Young Master??" 

"I started to work for him when I was.. 18?"   18? Looks like we started at the same age!    "Yeah I think 18 is right.. I need the money to study art. My family merely paid the school fees, so to help them I decided to work. Luckily I'm good at housekeeping since I helped my mother a lot. So they accepted me here. I'm very happy and thankful." Laughing she run her fingers through her long black hair, her dark brown eyes shining at the thought of her hobby. 

I smiled.

She told me more about her. That she loved to draw since she was a small kid. She drew anything.. She has a younger sister. Her parents were rarely at home due to the work, so she had to take care of the house and her sister.  

The way she talked, she moved.. it reminded me of my own sister.. She too likes art, is good at cooking and caring...

I miss her.

I didn't listen to her anymore but was again lost in my own thoughts about my sister..

 

I couldn't stop myself... Without hesitating I let my body move on it's own. I pulled her into a tight hug, squishing her like a big teddy bear. 

She gasped at the sudden action and nearly inaudible choked out  ".... can't.... breathe...." Laughing I released her. After she caught some air she joined my laughing. 

She stood up to continue her work but before she could leave I asked her about Hankyung.

 

"Where he is?? Hmmmm I guess in his office" 

"Office??" 

"Yeah yeah. Take the left corridor and go almost until the end. On the left side you will see a wooden door."  

I grinned "You know.. every door in this house is wooden" 

"It's a wooden double door" she rolled her eyes. Yepp she really is like my sister. 

A few minutes later I was standing in front of the said door. It was in the corridor I never were before. All the time I have been on the other side of the house. This corridor lay on the exact opposite of the one with Hankyung's and my, cut that, the guestroom. Both corridors formed an 'U' .

I knocked on the massive door and went inside. I was (once again) overwhelmed by the inside. In his office stood many many shelves filled with books and numerous folders. In the middle of the room stood two massive wooden desks. At one of them was sitting Hankyung. 

He had glasses on and was going through a lot of papers on his desk while talking on the phone in a language I don't understand. Hankyung hasn't looked up from the papers once when I entered the room. James on the other side, who has been standing all the time next to Hankyung, was observing every move I did. I slumped down onto the sofa that stood in front of his desk and mustered the black fine-mesh tights I was wearing. 

Finally after some time he finished his call and lay the mobile down onto the desk with his glasses. He stretched on his armchair and rubbed his eyes yawning. He rolled his head back and forth a few times before leaning back forward and pointing at some things on the paper. 

"And James get me the phone number of that restaurant and that florist. What do you want?"  James nodded and left the room

"You left without any orders so I got bored. I just want to know what you are doing.." I mustered my nails.

 "Organizing a birthday party" Birthday party?! I love birthday parties!!

Excited I looked at him "For who?"

"My father."  

"Your father? That's right where is he? I haven't seen him once."  "I bet you know him. And you haven't seen him because he is not here. He is in China right now."

"China? So you were talking Chinese?"

He nodded "Tell me do you know Han Taewon?"  

I thought for a moment "The president of the TW group? The leading mobile producers, they own a lot of luxurious hotels and companies; cooperate with America and Europe. TW group is very big and mighty, of course I know him!!" Who doesn't?? He is one of the most influential men in Korea and China! 
Hankyung raised his eyebrows and leaned back in his seat grinning.

"What?!" I  asked him.. Why was he grinning over his whole face? And what has it to do with his--- " W-wait don't tell me he..."

"He is my father. Right now he is in China. Leading the company there. His birthday is in more than 1 week so I have to organize his party until then.. How I hate this.."

I closed my mouth which has been gaping open widely. I knew he was rich but I didn't expected this.. 

"H-he is your father?" Hankyung nodded.

I fainted on the inside. his father it kept repeating in my head "Yah." his father

"Yah!! Chicken!" I came back to reality.  "Huh?"

He stared at me for a moment  "What is wrong with you??"     "N-nothing"   "Good since James is not here right now you have to help me. Go in my room. On the table should be laying a red folder. Get it." Nodding I left the room still a bit dazed by the information I got. As Hankyung said I found the  folder.

I wanted to leave when a framed picture on his desk captured my attention. I stepped back to have a better view.

On the picture were Taewon, a women (I think she is Hankyungs mother) and another girl standing next to Hankyung. Both of them were still kids.. I guess they are 12? 13? I haven't seen the girl before though..  While the girl is smiling brightly into the camera Hankyung looks at her.

They look happy together.

 

 

 

 

I handed Hankyung the folder. With a serious expression he started to go through it, underlining, or crossing things out.. I stood there in front of his desk observing him work.. Where did this happy kid from the picture go?? Why is he so serious all the time.. Even when he is smiling.. It's not a real smile but more a smirk or faked. He hasn't smiled sincerely except those times he was with Siwon or Eunhyuk..  The glasses he was wearing weren't helping either. But I must admit, he looked handsome with those glasses..                   Ok that sounds odd...  

"Young Master, can I ask you a question??" I hate calling him that.. It makes me wanna puke.. 

"Yeah?" He didn't look up

"Where is you sister?" He stopped and leaned back in his seat taking down his glasses "How come you think that I have a sister?"

"The picture on your table"

His face showed anger "You saw it?"

"Yeah so?" "Who allowed you to go through my things?!!"  

"It stands in the middle of the desk. Of course I saw it" I defended myself

His face softened   "Fine. But she's not my sister." He started to work again "This is Jessica"

"And who i----" My question got interrupted by James coming into the room holding a folder in his hands. He handed it to Hankyung who started to flick through it.

"Leave" He said coldly not looking at me

"Yes, Young Master.." Disappointed I left the room.

I really wanted to know.. Again I sat down on the sofa. Closed my eyes. 

Suddenly out of nowhere Nana appeared and jumped onto the sofa next to me

"What are you doing!?"    "Thinking"  I looked at her   "About what?"  

"My family" I forgot, she doesn't know yet.

"Where are they?"  "They moved to the south of Korea far far away.. "

"Why?"

 I thought for a moment and decided to tell her the truth. I told her bout our debts.  "We couldn't pay for the house anymore so they moved."

"Oh my god I am so sorry is that the reason why you work here?"

"No I dirtied his clothes and have to pay back.. " I said shrugging my shoulders.

"I see"

 We didn't say anything for a while, both in our own thoughts about the same theme

Finally I cleared my throat "Anyways" I remembered "who is Jessica??"
She lay her finger on her lips and looked upwards "I uhm... I don't exactly know, but I heard from other maids that when the Master was younger, she used to come over a lot. I have seen her on formal events sometimes. She has some kind of relationship with the Master."

"The Young Master" a male voice continued "has a special relationship with her. As Nana already said she visited us often in her young years. They were best friends if you can call it like this. But Hankyung started to feel more for her then a friend. I don't know about her though.. "

"James you scared me!"    I shot up from the sofa holding my chest.  My heart was beating fastly, almost jumping out.

"I am sorry. By the way I haven't been introduced properly. It's nice to meet you Heechul-ssi I am James the main butler"

James: about 40 yrs old, dark hair with a few silver streaks. Always dressed in a suit, good posture, no wrinkles, a very good looking man, radiating a warm aura.

I nodded "Just call me Heechul if you are fine with it."  

"Sure."

"So James, its alright if I call you that right?"

"Better than Ahjussi" he smiled. I laughed  "Fine how do you know about Hankyung so well?"  

"Well I have been working since my 24th year here. I have practically seen him grow up"

He smiled.  "His father, Han Taewon, picked me up."

"What do you mean?"   "You see Heechul, we are not that different" He said softly

"I lived on the street before, my parents died in a car accident, I lost my job, I had no money to live, I had to sell my apartment..." He said nonchalantly .

"That's hard, what about your friends? Why haven't you lived with them?"
"I had few good friends back then, I lived with them for a long time until they threw me out...  Anyways, his father picked me up. At first it was really hard. I hated that job he always treated me harshly, gave me  a lot of work to do. But soon I learned to deal with it. My work got better. I improved a lot and earned more money the better I got. Even if I hated working here at first now I don't regret accepting his offer. I'm proud of what I am today and very thankful. I don't know what would have happened to me if he hadn't taken me in that day. I can't even imagine. I don't even want to!"

"Wow" He was amazing  "but you know all that work! I mean " it was hard to express what I wanted to say.  "I  mean don't you regret it a bit? I mean you never had the chance to have a family."

"No that's not true. The moment I earned a lot of money already, after 2 or 3 years, he said that I can leave if I like. But I decided to stay."

" Why? " Nana asked this time "Don't you want a family?"

He chuckled " Because they are my family. Working for them is not just a job. It's what I like the most. I am taking care of my family"

After a moment of silence he laughed at our amazed face expressions.

"Anyways Young Master was calling after you"  He stood up from the sofa.

"Family huh?"  I laughed " and still being so formal?"

He shook his head "Call it habit or whatever you like but this is still my job."

 

I entered Hankyung office and saw him tapping his foot onto the floor "Finally! What took you so long?"

"I--"

   "Guess what?!! I don't really care!!!"

I closed my mouth again..  gosh...  

"On the birthday party.." He calmed down a bit "You'll be serving as a maid." Wh-What did he say?? Me serving as a Maid on a formal event?! Is he insane?! How can I serve so many people?! And what about Siwon and Eunhyuk? Siwon already knows but Eunhyuk!? I'll get recognized!!  I don't want to!!

"But--"

"I don't care what you think! This wasn't a question! It's an order. And now get your out of here"

I was shocked. Never have I seen that side of him. It was hard to control myself from running up to him and stuff his mouth with papers.

Clutching my hand into a fist I bowed and murmured a fainted  "Yes Young Master"  before annoyed leaving his room.

 

He just groaned and ruffled his hair in frustration... 

 

 

 

I hope it's not to late to say: Happy New Year!! 

Thanks for reading this fic and leaving a loooot of comments already!! I really, I mean really love you guys..

I hope you had nice holidays and a good celebration on New Year's Eve!! :)  

 

I had no internet connection far the past one and a half week ..  :/  It annoyed the hell out of me.. -.- 

 

Anyways I hope you liked the update

 

And I made a new blog entry!! 

Blog!! : Hanchul Maid-fiction??

 

pls pls pls comment!! 

 

Love you guys. I hope you stay with me until the end!! 

 

image