TWO

Fait Accompli
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two
The Editor-in-chief

 

 

Kim Hyuna woke up with her puffy eyes. Yes, she cried for more than three hours after Roh Jihoon called her a lonely . If the other staff saw her crying because of this pathetic reason, they would be laughing at her. Including her assistant. Oh well, nobody knew about her real self anyway.

After she turned off the alarm, she brushed her teeth, took a bath and prepared breakfast. Nothing fancy to hold the hunger—french toast with honey spread. She would never make her own coffee because her assistant would buy her caramel macchiato from Starbucks Coffee. As an editor-in-chief, she read the second draft which Roh Jihoon actually edited while indulging in her french toast. It was not as good as it would be. She needed to edit them again. Great. On second thought, there was a positive and negative impact for firing this lazy- editor.

Her job was not a joke. Sure, people would hate her. Maybe that is one of the consequences as an editor-in-chief. She has to be responsible for every single thing that her subordinates did. If only anybody would understand her. Okay, probably that is not going to happen.

She sighed as she cleaned the dishes then went to the lift and straightly took the bus near her apartment. Ms. Kim is not the type of boss who would spend her money to buy unnecessary things like buying a car. She never bothered about that. The distance between her apartment and CUBE Publishing office was only ten minutes away—Another reason why she would not buy a car. Ms Kim looked at the window as the bus was already close to her destination. She did not hesitate to get off from the bus and went to building.

As she walked through the corridor, she knew everyone tried to behave as they are working. Oh, she was not a fool. It was very obvious that they were scared of her and even preschooler knew that they were just acting so she would not fire them. It didn’t matter for Ms. Kim. All she cared was for them to finish their work on time.

Ms. Kim went to her office and just as she expected, her assistant was there with a cup of coffee on his hand “Good morning, Ms. Kim,” greeted Jang Hyunseung for a million of times.

She took the coffee from his hand and placed the manuscript draft on top of her desk. Hyunseung started the conversation, “Ms. Kim, I am afraid that I cannot accompany you on Kikwang’s fan meeti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter