ONE

Fait Accompli
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One
The Assistant

 

 

Jang Hyunseung groaned as he looked at his alarm clock. Yes, he forgot to set the alarm again. It was already 6.30 PM. . There was no time for him to doze off.  He quickly took a bath and brushed his teeth. He would take a loaf of bread from the living room but not today. He was almost late.

Everything was normal. Just like other days, he straightly went to Starbucks Coffee and saw his friend, Gyuri with a paper bag.  She smiled as she handled the bag to him, “Here’s your regular coffee!”

“Thank you,” he replied, “you just saved my life.”

Gyuri knew how busy was Hyunseung. Of course, he is the editor-in-chief’s assistant. He needed to be fast. Especially when he has a boss like a lucifer. It wasn’t easy for someone who wants to be an editor but ended up as a devil’s assistant. It was one of his biggest dream. To be an editor in CUBE Publishing. But he never dared to imagine it after being a devil’s assistant.

Hyunseung went to CUBE Publishing office which was just ten minutes walk from Starbucks Coffee. But today, he was running like an athlete. He didn’t want to be late. The first rule as Ms. Kim’s assistant is be punctual. He never been late before for the last three years working with Ms. Kim. Oh yes, Ms. Kim loves perfection. He went to Ms. Kim’s office then took one of the coffee from the paper bag and looked at the transparent door. Thank God he was there a minute before his boss.

“Good morning, Ms. Kim,” he greeted with a panting voice and gave the coffee to her, ”you have a meeting with Roh Jihoon at 8 AM.”

“Yes, I know that,” she replied while her eyes were on the manuscript, “why are you even panting?”

“Nothing.”

She took her seat and put the manuscript on the table. “Oh well, have you reschedule my meeting with Jiyoon?”

“Done.”

“Throw the manuscripts in that box. I read them already and they were trash. Make a transcript for Ilhoon, he will have a press conference next Monday. Oh and, clear all the meetings next Saturday. We’re going to Kikwang’s first fan meeting in Seoul Library.”

“Wow, nicely done, boss,” he nodded. As just what he expected, there were a lot of things to do. Not to mention that every manuscript that he gave her was just a trash for her. Well, he was dealing with Ms. Kim Hyuna anyway, the editor-in-chief.

Ms. Kim then sipped the coffee which Hyunseung handed to her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter