21. kisses me again

The Untouchables

And then, when I think that this night can’t get any stranger, Sehun and I are approached by Mark and Suzy as we are eating dinner.

 

“Uh, hey,” I say, flashing an uncomfortable glance at Sehun. He simply fixes a silent, intense look on Mark, who matches it with equal strength. Suzy smiles at me, but I can feel her eyes glaring daggers into my skull. The tension between the four of us is so thick it is almost suffocating.

 

“Do you need something?” Sehun finally asks in a curt tone.

 

“Yeah,” Mark says. “Can we talk?”

 

Sehun’s eyes slightly widen in surprise, but he nods. The two of them walk off to the corner of the room, a good 3 feet of distance between them. I am left alone with Suzy, whose gives me a sugary sweet smile.

 

“So,” she says condescendingly. “You must feel like Cinderella. Don’t let go of Sehun, Mihi! You’ll be rich for the rest of your life.”

 

“Yeah,” I respond absentmindedly, watching Mark and Sehun. Mark is saying something to Sehun, a serious look on his face. “Why did Mark want to talk to Sehun?”

 

Suzy purses her lips, obviously annoyed that I won’t take her bait. “I don’t know.”

 

“Hm. I’ll ask Sehun about it when he gets back.”

 

“Whatever. Look, Mihi, I don’t know who you think you are, but-,”

 

“Holy crap,” I gasp, clapping my hands to my mouth.

 

Sehun and Mark are both laughing. I watch as Mark slings his arm around Sehun’s shoulders, grinning, and Sehun says something that makes Mark chortle.

 

“Oh my god,” Suzy says.

 

And every single person in the ballroom mirrors our reactions. Sehun and Mark are notorious for having the biggest feud in the school. Seeing them acting all buddy-buddy with each other is as expected as snow in July.

 

Well, I guess I better look for snow this summer.

 

“Babe. Babe. What happened?” Suzy asks frantically, clawing at Mark’s arms as the two boys walk back to us.

 

“We did something that we should’ve done years ago,” Mark says. “Talk it out.”

 


 

“So you two are friends again, huh?”

 

Sehun and I are up in the observatory, sprawled out over several pillows and throws. I am lying in his lap, soft breaths escaping my lips as he affectionately plays with my hair. The elegant piano music of the Winter Formal is audible from all the way up here; it is still going on in full force. But when they the disco music, Sehun and I exchanged a look and immediately fled the place. No use staying to watch Mr. Kim get down and dirty. The solitude that this place provides is much, much needed.

 

“Yeah,” Sehun says. “Someone told him the real story about what happened that night freshman year. Guess who it was?”

 

“Uhh...,” I furrow my eyebrows. Who else could have known about what happened between them? The only other person involved was-

 

Krystal,” Sehun says.

 

    I burst out into laughter, half spurred by disbelief, half caused by absolute admiration. “Wow. Oh my god.

 

    “I know, right? I thought Krystal would keep that secret with her to the grave. Yet here we are.”

 

    “That’s... damn. Good for Krystal.”

 

    “And good for Mark.”

 

    “And good for you.”

 

    Sehun smiles and leans down to peck my lips. We sit in comfortable silence as Sehun traces swirling patterns on the back of my neck with his fingers.

 

    “I still can’t get over how beautiful you look in this dress,” Sehun murmurs.

 

I blush. “Remember what you said when I asked what color dress you thought I should get?”

 

He chuckles. “Dark blue- almost black.”

 

“Like the night sky,” we say together.

 

A warm, fuzzy feeling fills my chest, and I wrap my arms around Sehun’s arms. “We’ve been through so much . It’s only been a semester and life at Andong has been wilder than it’s ever been in my ing life.”

 

“That’s because you never got involved in anything here,” Sehun reminds me. “You went to your first party only a few months ago.”

 

“And what a mess that was,” I snort. “I threw up in your ing car.”

 

“You slept in my bed, too. Not the first time that’s going to happen- ow! Kidding!”

 

“You monkey,” I grin, rolling my eyes. “Hmm. What else?”

 

“This year was the first time I ever got water dumped on my head.”

 

“What? When did I do that?”

 

“In the cafeteria, remember? Right after you had your... transformation, or whatever you call it.”

 

“Oh, yeah. That was because you poured apple juice on me, !”

 

“True. I deserved that.”  

 

“Yeah, you totally did.”

 

I giggle as Sehun sighs, shaking his head. “Fine, fine.”

 

“Wait, Sehun.” I twist my head up to look at him. “I never did get your pendant back.”

 

“Mmmm.”

 

“Don’t just mmm. Tell me what I can do to make it up to you. I still feel absolutely terrible about that.”

 

“I think we’re even, though,” Sehun muses. “I did throw you in a lake the night before.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“You know I had nightmares about that?”

 

“What?!”

 

“Yeah. Like, for a week after we did that to you, I kept dreaming of you rising out of the lake like a zombie, trying to find me so you could rip my brains out. I was scared less.”

 

“Ha! Three cheers for your guilty conscience!”

 

“Yeah, yeah. You know, none of this would’ve happened if you’d just gone to the Autumn Ball with me. I was planning on courting you like a normal person there. It was going to be so cute. Both of us would’ve been crowned Harvest King and Queen together and I was going to hold your hand.”

 

“I had work that day! And don’t worry. Haemin gave me enough slack for not going.” I speak in a high falsetto. “Your date was Oh Sehun and you ditched? What’s wrong with you?

 

“Ah.” The corners of his lips quirk upwards. “I’m flattered. But Haemin does have a thing going on with JB right now, so I question her standards.”

 

“Hey!” I exclaim, laughing. “JB’s my best friend!”

 

“Yeah, JB’s actually chill.” Sehun twirls a piece of my hair around his finger. “What did Haemin say about me?”

 

“She said you were the freaking son of the Prime Minister, and freaking good at soccer, and- her words, not mine- freaking hot.”

 

Ah. And what did you say?”

 

“I said that you weren’t that cute.”

 

Sehun’s jaw drops in indignation.

 

“But...,” I wrap my arms around his neck. “I really thought that you were way above my level. Like, ten million times better than me at everything.”

 

Sehun guffaws. “Seriously? That’s what I thought about you. You were so distant from everything and everyone, like you were way too good to involve yourself in our . You honestly are.”

 

“Aww. I actually had no idea what the hell was going on with your rich-popular-kids group.”

 

“Same.”

 

“Same? You were at the center of all of it! You acted like you were the king.”

 

“Ooh. I like the sound of that.”

 

“King of being an , dummy.”

 

“Hey. I was an .”

 

Are an .”

 

“An that you love.

 

“Yuck.”

 

“Admit it.” Sehun smirks, lowering his lips so that they are right next to my ear. “You like me. You like me. You totally like me.”

 

“Okay, look, dip, if I didn’t like you, I wouldn’t be dating you.”

 

“Yeah, but I want to hear you say it.”

 

I pretend to ignore him, rolling over on his lap so that my back faces him, trying to block out the sound of, “Say it! Say it! Say it!” But he’s so loud and obnoxious and finally I snap and exclaim, “Oh, for the love of God!” and yank him down to me and kiss him.

 

“Wow,” he says, a few moments after we break apart. There is a goofy grin on his face. “That... still wasn’t sufficient! Say you like me, Mihi! Say-,”

 

“Dammit! Fine, Sehun. I. Like. You. Happy?”

 

“Ecstatic,” he says, looking more satisfied than I have ever seen him. “Now come here, you.”

And he bends down and kisses me again.

 


A/N: possible alternate names for this story:

1. how the am i supposed to top the classified accounts of ami hwang

2. what do i do with my life now that the classified accounts of ami hwang is done

3. senior year is ing how the do i deal

this was a sad, cliche story. But honestly, I think we all need stupid, fluffy, cliche stories like this from time to time, just to get our minds off everything (that's what this was smh... an escape from senior year). But omg guys THANKS for reading this story!!! i am happy to say that senior year is pretty good now bc its second semester and i dont do . my boy drama i just went up to the guy who asked me to prom and literally said "hey, we're just friends, right?" in the most blunt way possible and when he said yes i walked away idc im done with all this 

and honestly thank u to all of the ppl who commented and stuck through the ery that wasthis story and my en bull drama i actually love u guys

ya but hmu at my insta @ruebiie i occasionally post Sad Selfies & pics of food