We Got Your Back

Does It Have To Be You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                           **** Three Weeks Later

                           Jongin and Taemin were on edge. Three weeks. It had been three weeks since the letter from Jongin's father was delivered, but there was no sign of his father.  Assuming that his father had been bluffing the day the letter was written, they decided to go back to school, as there was no immediate harm. A little nervous, they hadn't been to school for a lengthy time, and they were afraid many questions were going to be asked.

                           The two boys jogged downstairs to grab a quick breakfast before starting on their walk to school.

                           ****

                          Taemin and Jongin saw their group of friends hanging outside, smiling, they started towards them. 

                          "Hey everybody.", Taemin greeted. The boys immediately turned around to see who had greeted them.

                          "Hey!", they all exclaimed.

                          "You guys are back.", Chen said happily.

                          "Yeah", Jongin answered, "We're back." 

                           The two boys were given a quick hug from the group. Everybody happy that they're two bestfriends were back. Then at that moment, Luhan saw Taemin and Jongin, and ran up to greet them.

                           "Hey!", Luhan ran up to tackle Jongin. Jongin quickly turned around to see who had tackled him.

                           "Oh hey man!", Jongin replied.

                           "Glad you're back. I missed having my friend in gym with me.", Luhan slightly pouted.

                           "Oh they're so cute. I ship them!", Baekhyun teased.

                            "Hey!", Taemin chimed in, "that's my boyfriend."

                            They group of boys laughed at Taemin's protective nature. Luhan just shook his head and laughed. There was a silence for a few seconds before Chanyeol spoke up.

                            "So the issues you guys were working on are worked out?"

                            "Yes, they should be", Jongin answered slowly, uncertain of what his did will pull.

                             Chanyeol just nodded in repsonse. Suho was about to ask something when all of a sudden, Jonghyun appeared, disturbing the friendly vibe. 

                             "Where have you been?!", he directed his loud question at Taemin. 

                             Jongin instantly, without hesitation, stepped in front of Taemin. Jongin looked Jonghyun up and down in hatred.

                             "That's none of your concern.", Jongin hissed, clearly pissed off.

                             "Like hell it is. Taemin's mine."

                              "Oh really now?", Chanyeol had chimed in to help protect his friend. "Seems like it's the opposite to me." Chanyeol was now beside Jongin, who hadn't stopped glaring at Jonghyun.

                             "Taeminie knows who he really belongs to.", Jonghyun stated, confidently.

                             "He doesn't belong to anybody. He's Jongin's boyfriend, and that's all.", Luhan defended, mad at Jonghyun's behavior.

                            "Jongin let's not do this.", Taemin said quietly.

                             "No babe, this son of a needs to be taught a lesson.", Jongin said angrily.

                              "Oh, and what are you gonna teach me?", he mocked.

                              Not thinking, Jongin raised his fist in a swift motion, but it was stopped midair by Chanyeol. Jongin looked over to him, wide-eyed, that he was able to stop his fist like that. Jonghyun bursted out laughing at the scene.

                              "Wow. Afraid to hit me huh?

                              "Actually, you're just not worth my time.", Jongin sneered. 

                              Jongin turned around and grabbed Taemin's hand, then led the group inside to start their day at school.

                              **** Lunchtime

                               "Hey Chanyeol?", Jongin spoke up, "thanks for stopping me this morning."

                               Chanyeol looked up from his lunch,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter