fin.

Liar

They had met six months ago when Kyungsoo transfered into Jongin's class. It took a moment before Jongin felt his eyes turn red and Kyungsoo's blue eyes shone brighter while their mouths formed the same word.

Mate.

Jongin smiled brightly when he saw Kyungsoo's mouth form a heart as he walked over to where Jongin was sitting. They both ignored the swquak that came from their teacher and hushed whispers from the rest of the class because Kim Jongin was talking to someone that wasn't Byun Baekhyun.

"I'm Kyungsoo," he said sticking his hand out andJongin promised that the smaller boy had bells for a voice. "It's nice to meet you..."

"Jongin," he said taking Kyungsoo's hand in his. It was warm and soft against his own rough and calloused hand. "Kim Jongin."

Kyungsoo formed another heart with his lips. "Jongin," he said, the name rolling off his tongue like sugar. "Kim Jongin."

That day moved slowly with Kyungsoo andJongin talking whenever they had the chance. They learned about each other, Jongin being the almost alpha of the Twin Moons Pack and Kyungsoo being a normal everyday faerie of the Unseelie Court.

Oh how the love, bloomed between the wolf and the faerie even after Kyungsoo told Jongin his darkest secret. It was late one night, the stars twinkling rather innocetly above them when once again Jongin asked the question Kyungsoo hated.

"Where did you get those bruises?"

Kyungsoo's fingers digged in the grass as he stared rather blankly at the night sky. His heart was beating quickly and his breaths came and went in short spirts.

"You know," Kyungsoo began. "Faeries are meant to please their mates. Make their mates feel like they're one hundred percent happy with everything and anything they do. But when a faerie's mate dies, everything changes. What was meant to make your mate happy, you begin to hate. What was meant to make everyone happy, you begin to feel pain and you hate everything and everyone. Soon enough it travels to those around you and it hurts."

Jongin watched as his mate broke down in tears as he told the story of how his mother passed away in an accident and how his brother and father blamed him for killing her. Of course, seven year old Kyungsoo had nothing to do with his mother's death. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Gathering the sobbing Kyungsoo in his arms,Jongin swore that moment he would love and cherish the poor faerie until he was left with happy memories and a bright smiling face. 
After Kyungsoo had calmed down,
Jongin asked another question that had Kyungsoo's bright blue eyes turning dull.

"What if a faerie can't please their mate?"

"They're killed," he said. "They're killed by the Guard of the Courts."

Three days later, Kyungsoo moved in with Jongin but not without Jongin throwing a punch into Seungsoo's face for hurting an angel with a heart shaped smile.

Everything fell into aroutinue after that for Jongin, waking with Kyungsoo by his side, listening to the faerie sing in both Korean and Gaelic, going to school, and making sweet, sweet love to each other.

But not all happiness continues being happy.

Kyungsoo wanted to go home for a few things he left behind and Baekhyun let him. But when Jongin found out, he was angry at his friend. How could Baekhyun be so careless to let Kyungsoo go back into the hellhole of a home without a guard.

Jongin almost broke the Do's door down and when it finally opened, Seungsoo looked sad. He didn't even open his mouth when he smelled his mate but the second scent is what made Jongin's back rigid.

It was the scent of another man.

Jongin turned and stalked back to his truck while Baekhyun wandered inside. It took a couple of mintues before Baekhyun came back with a disgusted look in his eyes before they turned to pity.

"I'm sorry," Baekhyun said and that was all it took for the tears to roll down Jongin's cheeks.

Kyungsoo had cheated.

It didn't matter that the next day, Kyungsoo came up to him, wide eyes frantic and heart shaped lips in a line. Kyungsoo was relentless when trying to talk toJongin and when they were finally alone together, Kyungsoo tried to explain.

"It's not what it looks like!" Kyungsoo cried, tears rolling down his cheeks. "I swear to the moon goddess, it's not what you think."

Jongin snarled, eyes flashing a dangerous red. "So I'm not supposed to think that you slept, cheated on me with another man."

"I didn't sleep with him willingly!"

"So you did sleep with him."

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo cried. "I didn't sleep with him willingly. Please you have to believe me."

"I don't have to."

"Yes, yes you do!"

"No."

Kyungsoo sobbed and looked to the ground. It was almost as if he gave up all hope until his eyes lit up and he smiled bitterly. "Jongin, what am I?" he asked, his voice almost in a whisper.

"A cheater," came Jongin's reponse.

"No Jongin," Kyungsoo said. "What am I?"

The alpha rolled his eyes. "A faerie."

Kyungsoo nodded and smiled sadly. He turned around and reached for the door. "What's the first thing we learn as faeries?"

And then he was gone.

It tookJongin a couple of minutes before he heard screams coming from outside the school. Something clicked in Jongin's brain as he sprinted towards the front hall.

The sky was black when he reached the front doors and threw them open. Students stood as they watched and whispered about Do Kyungsoo who looked scared because in front of him were giant men. They glared at Kyungsoo like he was nothing more thanscum of the earth. Jongin couldn't move as he watched.

"Do Kyungsoo," one of the men spoke. "You have broken one of the beloved laws of the Unseelie Court and you shall be punished as we see fit."

Kyungsoo whimpered.

"Your crime of breaking your mating bond without proper ritual is punishable by death," another said.

"I didn't break-"

"You broke the mating bond," the last one said. "Without a ritual."

"Please-"

Kyungsoo's words were cut off as one of the men grabbed Kyungsoo by the neck, lifting the tiny faerie in the air. He struggled and struggled against the hold of the man before a sickening crack echoed through the school yard.

Jongin screamed and chaos erutped.

His feet had never pounded harder and the wind never felt harsh against his skin as he ran over to the man who held Kyungsoo by his neck. He watched in horror as Kyungsoo's body dropped and his head roll to the side. Kyungsoo's eyes were lifeless and his mouth opened wide in a silent scream.

Jongin cuddled with Kyungsoo's dead body, ignoring the way the men left and the screams of the rest of the school. Sobs wreacked through his body as he mumbled the same words over and over again.

Faeries cannot lie.